IMG_0229.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 014.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 011.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 008.JPG
All Picts- 159.jpg
CAM00127.jpg
CAM00114.jpg
There are 1,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 40.
#101 9 years ago

Has anyone been notified of shipment yet? I imagine the first games are about to be shipped out.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Has anyone been notified of shipment yet? I imagine the first games are about to be shipped out.

JJ told me yesterday that they moved the first shipping date back to the 7th. I suspect mine will be one of the last one because I decided late

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Red is a prominent IM color, though...so for me, a red DMD is perfect.

True. But the dimness and lack of reliability still on the LED displays is disconcerting. I'll take a nice bright orange plasma DMD any day. That's just my preference.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I agree. Red is the right color. Might upgrade to a color DMD though. Do they make DMDs with multiple colors or are they single color only?

www.colordmd.com

IM will always be monochrome but you can do the "rainbow effect" w/ ColorDMD now.

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

From what I think I read, the first games are going overseas. Think there were some leftover toys from the first run.

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

JJ told me yesterday that they moved the first shipping date back to the 7th. I suspect mine will be one of the last one because I decided late

Damn! Hopefully mine is first out. Hoping to see it for the 12th but last time the shippers took forever : (

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Talking to them yesterday, from what I understood the 7th was the first production day on Stern's line for JJ's IMVE games. Then JJ said something about them not doing a drop shipment from Stern, but that they receive all NIBs at their site first. It would be cool if we could get a clarification on how that works. I'm assuming they don't open the boxes and then repack them.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

http://www.colordmd.com
IM will always be monochrome but you can do the "rainbow effect" w/ ColorDMD now.

Not sure what you mean by rainbow effect

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Not sure what you mean by rainbow effect

It changes colors, with the game. I'am not much of a fan on that, but some find it cool.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

True. But the dimness and lack of reliability still on the LED displays is disconcerting. I'll take a nice bright orange plasma DMD any day. That's just my preference.

Huh? I'll give you the reliability, those block LED DMDs are prone to little failures (stuck lines etc) but they're hardly dim. If anything they feel a little brighter than plasmas since the dots are a bit larger, so they appear to have more lit up surface area.

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Talking to them yesterday, from what I understood the 7th was the first production day on Stern's line for JJ's IMVE games. Then JJ said something about them not doing a drop shipment from Stern, but that they receive all NIBs at their site first. It would be cool if we could get a clarification on how that works. I'm assuming they don't open the boxes and then repack them.

That is something different, the shipping part. I was told by my distributor that it would be shipping direct to me. Since it comes to my place of work the shipping is actually cheaper than going to the distributor.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

That is something different, the shipping part. I was told by my distributor that it would be shipping direct to me. Since it comes to my place of work the shipping is actually cheaper than going to the distributor.

I've ordered from JJ in the past and the game shipped direct from Stern to my house. Chicago to Denver to Michigan doesn't make a lot of sense when GEX covers the freight in the cost of the machine.

#113 9 years ago

Normally they are drop shipped from stern.

Regarding the dmd my magneto didn't have any issues and I had it for a year and a half.

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Huh? I'll give you the reliability, those block LED DMDs are prone to little failures (stuck lines etc) but they're hardly dim. If anything they feel a little brighter than plasmas since the dots are a bit larger, so they appear to have more lit up surface area.

Maybe the red ones are brighter than I thought. The only Stern with a LED DMD that I've had has been Hulk. And that was a green DMD that I felt was dimmer than I would like.

#115 9 years ago

Here's a pic of my pins both red and plasma look nice, I think the plasma (SM and PotC) has more warmth and shades better but the LEDs are brighter. If anything red LED would fit the IM better I think.

image-369.jpgimage-369.jpg

#116 9 years ago

For my Tron I installed a white DMD with a blue filter, looks oh so nice. Could not stand the original orange, looked out of place.

IMG_1603.JPGIMG_1603.JPG
#117 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Maybe the red ones are brighter than I thought. The only Stern with a LED DMD that I've had has been Hulk. And that was a green DMD that I felt was dimmer than I would like.

I have a blue DMD from Stern in my Tron LE, and it is plenty bright.

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

For my Tron I installed a white DMD with a blue filter, looks oh so nice. B

Looks so nice, Tron can be a money pit that way.

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Yeah so - green isn't red. The red ones are bright.

#120 9 years ago

hey Grinder, thought of you when I found this - for the man who has everything IM

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/craftvfxshop

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah so - green isn't red. The red ones are bright.

Uh yes. I realize that.

Quoted from RobT:

I have a blue DMD from Stern in my TRON LE, and it is plenty bright.

I've seen that blue DMD and yes, it's plenty bright. It must just be the green. It just seem way more dim than any of the plasma DMD'd games that I've had, especially the Sterns.

#122 9 years ago

The new toys are supposed to show up this week right? Someone go take a tour and snap some pics of them, hahaha.

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Games I've ordered from other places have shipped direct from Stern to here... I'm guessing because GexChange is close that they want to touch the box before it comes here. Maybe it's cheaper Chicago => Denver => local delivery to SL then Chicago => SL.

#124 9 years ago

Paid for my IMVE today! Now I just have to sit around & wait to get my ass kicked.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Uh yes. I realize that.

I've seen that blue DMD and yes, it's plenty bright. It must just be the green. It just seem way more dim than any of the plasma DMD'd games that I've had, especially the Sterns.

Maybe it's the green they chose...a "dark" green vs. a brighter "lime" green...then couple that with the green filter - and it's just not bright as orange or red.

#126 9 years ago

Paid up Saturday, it's a sad day when we all start to think $4800 is relatively cheap for a new game

#127 9 years ago

Everything is relative

#128 9 years ago

Ordered mine on 6/12 and didn't think twice about it. Didn't get the word until 5pm and was afraid I might have missed out. Getting a shaker with mine. This will be my first NIB purchase and I can't wait!!

#130 9 years ago

My dad paid about $2500 each for BK2000 and Police Force NIB about 25 years ago. Id say $4800 isn't bad because I told him I bought IM VE and he guessed it cost me $7000.

policeforce.JPGpoliceforce.JPG

bk2000.JPGbk2000.JPG

Quoted from rai:

Paid up Saturday, it's a sad day when we all start to think $4800 is relatively cheap for a new game

Post edited by ZenTron: typo

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

My dad paid about $2500 each for BK2000 and Police Force NIB about 25 years ago. Id say $4800 isn't bad because I told him I bought IM VE and he guessed it cost be $7000.

Damn dude that's some serious recordkeeping!

#132 9 years ago

Okay, I like spontaneity. Just purchased my IMVE. Time to tell the warden.

#133 9 years ago

These things coming numbered?

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Okay, I like spontaneity. Just purchased my IMVE. Time to tell the warden.

where did you get it?

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

?... it's a sad day when we all start to think $4800 is relatively cheap for a new game

Quoted from ZenTron:

My dad paid about $2500 each for BK2000 and Police Force NIB about 25 years ago.

$2500 in 1989 = $4796.37 in 2014 dollars. Those bastards are getting over on us for $3.63! Don't do it!

http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl?cost1=2500&year1=1989&year2=2014

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

$2500 in 1989 = $4796.37 in 2014 dollars. Those bastards are getting over on us for $3.63! Don't do it!
http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl?cost1=2500&year1=1989&year2=2014

Good point, my first new car was $8800 back in 1988 it was an economy car but these days the average price of a new car is over $30k

#137 9 years ago

I will be a proud owner in hopefully 2 weeks.

#138 9 years ago

I bought a NIB IMve as well. Can't wait to get the thing!

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

These things coming numbered?

I'll bet no.

#140 9 years ago

Ordered, paid, and even have the cliffy's on the way!

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from dhalem:

Ordered, paid, and even have the cliffy's on the way!

Me too! My cliffys arrived already and are taunting me.

#142 9 years ago

Are you guys gunna use Mylar rings around the magnets or cliffy rings?

#143 9 years ago

Just got my mylar rings, flipper button guards, and shooter lane protector from pinball life.

#144 9 years ago

Once you get your IM, please join us in the "Iron Man Club" - we need more members!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club

Here's a guide to 1.6 software I posted a while back - I hope it soon becomes obsolete.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-definitive-guide-to-iron-man-v16-software#post-516314

#145 9 years ago

I will be 'in the club' soon.

Just watched the 2 movies the other day. Does the pin have callouts taken from the movies?

#146 9 years ago

I'm putting Cliffy's for mine. I am so ready for the VE. I have my powder coated armor, brass bolts and leg levelers, decals, gold led flipper buttons, new War Machine, Whiplash, and Marine Drone figures modified by Hooked, shaker, new colored flippers. I'm sure I am forgetting something. Oh and I am moving over a few mods like my headphone kit from my Pro to my VE.

Needless to say. I am excited.

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Just got my mylar rings, flipper button guards, and shooter lane protector from pinball life.

did you forget the metal playfield support rails?

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

did you forget the metal playfield support rails?

I'm not sure I really need them or not. How often do I plan on having to be under the playfield on a NIB pin after initial tuning? Hopefully, not that much.

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I will be 'in the club' soon.
Just watched the 2 movies the other day. Does the pin have callouts taken from the movies?

It's almost nothing but callouts from the movies.

Custom voices are "Random Military Guy" and Jarvis....everything else is movie pulls

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's almost nothing but callouts from the movies.
Custom voices are "Random Military Guy" and Jarvis....everything else is movie pulls

I wish there were some Terrance Howard/Don Cheadle call outs or maybe some Scarlett or Sam Jackson as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 1,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-ve-owners-post-here/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.