IMG_0229.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 014.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 011.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 008.JPG
All Picts- 159.jpg
CAM00127.jpg
CAM00114.jpg
There are 1,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 40.
#1351 9 years ago

I like that, OG and VE

#1352 9 years ago

IMve PR #5 has arrived. Wow this game is awesome.

Big shout out to the team at Pinball Refinery for making a great game an over the top one. Of course we couldn't have done it without Stern so big high five to them as well.

To many things are things are stunning to name them all. The thing that surprised me the most I think is how great the Color DMD in this and the use of the shaker during play.

IMG_6788.jpgIMG_6788.jpg
IMG_6812.jpgIMG_6812.jpg
IMG_6822.jpgIMG_6822.jpg
IMG_6825.jpgIMG_6825.jpg
IMG_6826.jpgIMG_6826.jpg
IMG_6827.jpgIMG_6827.jpg
IMG_6828.jpgIMG_6828.jpg
IMG_4700.jpgIMG_4700.jpg

Post edited by ff6735: additional info

#1353 9 years ago

Well F it, I'm buying me a Color DMD for my IMVE. What do they run? Anyone have an extra they want to sell?

#1354 9 years ago

I was thinking the same thing. They are $399.

#1355 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Well F it, I'm buying me a Color DMD for my IMVE. What do they run? Anyone have an extra they want to sell?

http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-sigma/
$399

#1356 9 years ago

I'll get some video of it tomorrow, I'm solo today so a bit hard to do.
It's set to correlate between which flashers are active and matches the colors to sync with my speaker lighting, under cab and the back box upgrade. It's sick

#1357 9 years ago

Delivery guy needed a break and seemed to be in love with Galaga

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1358 9 years ago

That display is awesome...i would love to see how the animation looks on it...

#1359 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

+1

#1360 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Not the best quality but I used my iPad to capture a small bit of footage for those interested in the ColorDMD

#1361 9 years ago

Well, I'm sold. Next purchase is a color DMD.

#1362 9 years ago

So I'm checking out the colordmd. Will I need the stern back box adaptor? Will I need a clear screen along with the colordmd?? Do I get the WPC or the Sam/Whitestar installation kit?

#1363 9 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

Not the best quality but I used my iPad to capture a small bit of footage for those interested in the ColorDMD
» YouTube video

Ha, seriously first time I've seen the video of monger flying at the start of the multiball! I've had IM for years, but I'm usually busy watching the ball!

#1364 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Got my red armor from Refinery this week and put it on last nite…DAMN is it SEXXXY!!!!! I highly recommend Refinery's armor! It's friggin' amazing & a must have even if you didn't get a Refinery Edition.

Looks beautiful. Unfortunately it costs an arm and a legs (4 legs in fact) to ship out the Australia otherwise I'd be all over it.

Red_IM.jpg 98 KB

Red_IM2.jpg 100 KB

#1365 9 years ago

That is awesome, would love to understand how they managed to get the color DMD to change color with the game flashers? Is there and RGB controller now available with inputs? Or a good way to hack it?

#1366 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Could you take some pictures of the ball in the shooter lane and also ball in the shooter lane while pushing the shooter rod into the ball?
I'm at work but when i get home I can post the pictures of my machine. One thought is the shooter tip isn't hitting the ball in the center but i think the issue is related to the auto shooter either not lined up properly with the edge of the shooter lane or bent a little.

Here are the pics

image-331.jpgimage-331.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg
#1367 9 years ago

Great so now I need to buy at least 2 of these for Tron, and IM

#1368 9 years ago
Quoted from UKCatsFan76:

Here are the pics

thanks, Im attaching mine. I haven't heard anything back from Stern but sent them a follow-up email. What I need for them to do is send me pics on how the shooter rod/auto launch should look.

IMG_1587.JPGIMG_1587.JPG IMG_1586.JPGIMG_1586.JPG
#1369 9 years ago

In regards to the shooter rod not feeling smooth. I contacted Stern and they sent me a whole new shooter assembly. Just got that yesterday. But I had already installed the red shooter rod from pinball life and it works great. It's also a hair longer and works better. I highly recommend it for such a good price.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=839

I also installed the Pin-Vol external volume control. It took 3-5 minutes and is freaking awsome! I'm pissed I didn't buy one earlier for other Sterns I've had. I'm a cheap ass but I bit the bullet and finally got it for IMve. I will always have one on my Sterns now.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2894

#1370 9 years ago

Did you call them or email them?

Does the shooter assembly look different or come with different components than what was installed?

thanks

Quoted from NightTrain:

In regards to the shooter rod not feeling smooth. I contacted Stern and they sent me a whole new shooter assembly. Just got that yesterday. But I had already installed the red shooter rod from pinball life and it works great. It's also a hair longer and works better. I highly recommend it for such a good price.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=839
I also installed the Pin-Vol external volume control. It took 3-5 minutes and is freaking awsome! I'm pissed I didn't buy one earlier for other Sterns I've had. I'm a cheap ass but I bit the bullet and finally got it for IMve. I will always have one on my Sterns now.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2894

#1371 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Did you call them or email them?

Does the shooter assembly look different or come with different components than what was installed?

thanks

I called. Shooter assembly looks the same, except there is an orange spring instead of red. It moves smoothly now though.

#1372 9 years ago

After looking at it again I think my whiplash messes with the ball just fine, especially if the ball doesnt hit the target at full speed.

However the game is so fast right now the ball often rebounds straight back before the magnet can really catch it.

#1373 9 years ago

About to shoot some Whiplash videos and install these two newest mods:

image-815.jpgimage-815.jpg image-19.jpgimage-19.jpg
#1374 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

About to shoot some Whiplash videos and install these two newest mods:

Awesome! My MDM is on it's way and hope it's here for tomorrow. I still haven't forgotten about the photos grinder, if not tonight tomorrow for sure as I'm doing some work on her tomorrow mod wise.

#1375 9 years ago

Mine will be here in MONDAY! Can't wait to powder coat/LED/ COLORDMD and go to town.

#1376 9 years ago

Got mine today, 343 of 510*, manufactured july 22. Overall, really nice, clear is very good, better than xmen and avengers, no visible brush strokes. Only issue I had was no back box bolts included...yes, thats right, no bolts. I like the hex key better than these bolts. Stern is sending me the bolts as I dont have any on hand.

20140808_175335-832.jpg20140808_175335-832.jpg 20140808_103424.jpg20140808_103424.jpg 20140808_183445.jpg20140808_183445.jpg 20140808_183512.jpg20140808_183512.jpg
#1377 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

So I'm checking out the colordmd. Will I need the stern back box adaptor? Will I need a clear screen along with the colordmd?? Do I get the WPC or the Sam/Whitestar installation kit?

It's the SIGMA display with the SAM/Whitestar installation kit. (IMVE is a SAM game).

It looks like IM is shipping with a red speaker panel plastic so you'll probably need to pick up a clear replacement from Pinbits. Pinbits also has a plastic adapter that simplifies mounting the ColorDMD with the new Stern speaker panel.

Alternatively, there are holes in the bracket that should line up with the side posts but you'll need to come up with some spacers to set the screen back from the speaker panel.

#1378 9 years ago

So sexy.....

image-260.jpgimage-260.jpg image-348.jpgimage-348.jpg
#1379 9 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

That is awesome, would love to understand how they managed to get the color DMD to change color with the game flashers? Is there and RGB controller now available with inputs? Or a good way to hack it?

Starting with SIGMA 2.5, the LAMP_IN port on the ColorDMD can be used by an RGB controller to set/change the color of the display. There's a writeup and demo video here:

http://www.colordmd.com/ColorChange.html

Gio is controlling the display color with the Pinball Refinery lighting kit.

#1380 9 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

» YouTube video

Thanks for posting the video! Gio (Pinball Refinery) has posted several more on his YouTube channel. I think this is probably the best one for the display:

#1381 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

So sexy.....

image-348.jpg 212 KB

image-260.jpg 285 KB

So.... which do you prefer? original or VE?

#1382 9 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

So.... which do you prefer? original or VE?

Such a tough question to answer. In some ways both have their merits. I plan on detailing their differences soon.

For now here are a few videos I uploaded to YouTube showing the Whiplash magnets on the OG and VE. Take a look and tell me what y'all think.

First two are my Original. Second two are my VE

#1383 9 years ago

Thanks for the videos

Both look good

#1384 9 years ago

Stoked on my new game, tonight I was playing and both flippers just quit working. Any thoughts??? Thanks

#1385 9 years ago

Check the fuses.

#1386 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Such a tough question to answer. In some ways both have their merits. I plan on detailing their differences soon.
For now here are a few videos I uploaded to YouTube showing the Whiplash magnets on the OG and VE. Take a look and tell me what y'all think.
First two are my Original. Second two are my VE
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Thanks for doing this. Very helpful.

#1387 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcbbq13:

Stoked on my new game, tonight I was playing and both flippers just quit working. Any thoughts??? Thanks

Quit and then started again or quit for good? If they quit mid game and then were OK again - check the trough board connector. Push it in really snug...should solve the problem.

#1388 9 years ago

First game out of the box, I scored 42 mil. Next 15 games could not break 16 mil. The outlanes are deadly. From the factory the outlanes are set in the middle post slot. Where are people setting them? Seems if you move it in, especially the tight one, the lanes are very narrow and then it may be too easy.

Anyone using super bands? I have an orange set, but haven't put them on yet.

#1389 9 years ago

I moved my lanes all the way in on the Pro and it still kicks my ass. I also have super bands on it and I like them better than the regular bands on the VE and will be switching them out soon. So move them in if you want, you'll still get your butt kicked and yea, super bands work great.

#1390 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

First game out of the box, I scored 42 mil. Next 15 games could not break 16 mil. The outlanes are deadly. From the factory the outlanes are set in the middle post slot. Where are people setting them? Seems if you move it in, especially the tight one, the lanes are very narrow and then it may be too easy.
Anyone using super bands? I have an orange set, but haven't put them on yet.

Super bands give more rebound and speed. Outlanes remind me of acdc a little it doesn't matter too much what u set them too, even on the tightest setting the ball still finds it's way to the outlanes. Practise your nudging and slapping the side of the machine to help. Getting wider rubbers may help too.

#1391 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Thanks for doing this. Very helpful.

So what did you think after watching the videos? Just when I think my VE Whiplash just dribbles the ball off the magnet, it'll grab it and throw the hell out of it. You notice a big difference between the two?

#1392 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

So what did you think after watching the videos? Just when I think my VE Whiplash just dribbles the ball off the magnet, it'll grab it and throw the hell out of it. You notice a big difference between the two?

I think that whiplash flings the ball much better when it's moving slower, and that when you handball it you're rolling the ball slower than a direct flipper hit at full speed.

When I do the same handball test it works great. I think my game is so clean and new that the ball rebounds too fast for the magnet to fling it very hard.

#1393 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I think that whiplash flings the ball much better when it's moving slower, and that when you handball it you're rolling the ball slower than a direct flipper hit at full speed.
When I do the same handball test it works great. I think my game is so clean and new that the ball rebounds too fast for the magnet to fling it very hard.

Hmmm that very well could be. I'm not good enough to use the flippers and hit whiplash over and over and not have the video be too long.

#1394 9 years ago

I was taking a closer look at my playfield IMVE after having now enjoyed quite a few games and I am also beginning to think that my clear is too thin, specifically as I can feel the inserts quite well (someone said it is like reading braille which is correct) and I can clearly see the wood grain more on this pin that any Stern that I have (STLE, PoTC, LoTR SE, TRON Pro, and IMVE).

As I understand this situation to be normal on some of the IMVE playfields, I see no reason to make an issue of it with Stern yet I do have a question. I would like to protect the playfield as much as possible, thus would waxing the game often with carnauba wax (please see: http://www.amazon.com/Mothers-California-Brazilian-Carnauba-Cleaner/dp/B0002U1TVW/ref=sr_1_8 ) be all that is needed?

Thanks all!

#1395 9 years ago

Does the color LCD display improve the resolution?

I'm debating if it's worth the price also is it difficult to install and set up?

#1396 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Quit and then started again or quit for good? If they quit mid game and then were OK again - check the trough board connector. Push it in really snug...should solve the problem.

Yes it stopped working after ball drained. Checked fuses, reseated trough pin, ran test on CLR (trough eject) everything showed fine on display but no eject... Yes coin door pin pulled for test. Any other thoughts on what to do next? Thanks

#1397 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcbbq13:

Yes it stopped working after ball drained. Checked fuses, reseated trough pin, ran test on CLR (trough eject) everything showed fine on display but no eject... Yes coin door pin pulled for test. Any other thoughts on what to do next? Thanks

So the trough eject coil isn't working either? How many other coils have stopped working?

#1398 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So the trough eject coil isn't working either? How many other coils have stopped working?

None that I'm aware of??? Not really sure.

#1399 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcbbq13:

None that I'm aware of??? Not really sure.

You said there was no eject. Am I reading that wrong?

Go into the coil test, and run them all. Are the bumpers working? Is War Machine's kickback working? Are the magnets working? Let's figure out if this is JUST the flippers or something else.

#1400 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Don't know what happened to last post, but not aware of any other coils not working...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

There are 1,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-ve-owners-post-here/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.