Topic Stats

• 1,983 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rarehero
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 457 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-979.jpg
image-670.jpg
image-193.jpg
image-531.jpg
image-725.jpg
image.jpg
1415678162262.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0229.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 014.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 011.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 008.JPG
All Picts- 159.jpg
CAM00127.jpg
CAM00114.jpg

There are 1983 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 40.
#1151 5 years ago

Oh and for the love of god people, add a sub woofer to your game. You'll thank me later.

#1152 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Totally.
Actually I have Marks 1 - 5 as warm white and Mark 6 is a cool white.

Well there is where I went off script. I alternated Mark I-V with red and yellow. I just love seeing that color combination but I keep the largest arc reactor Mark VI on a bright white.

#1153 5 years ago

I got # 404

#1154 5 years ago

Totally.
Actually I have Marks 1 - 5 as warm white and Mark 6 is a cool white.

I'm thinking of leaving the Marks cool white and making the sheild inserts warm white.

Quoted from Grinder901:

Well there is where I went off script. I alternated Mark I-V with red and yellow. I just love seeing that color combination but I keep the largest arc reactor Mark VI on a bright white.

I can see that working...at least it's Iron Man colors...makes sense!

Oh and for the love of god people, add a sub woofer to your game. You'll thank me later.

I've got my Best Buy clearance subs sitting here...got a lot of shit to set up this weekend!

#1155 5 years ago

I received and IM Vault Edition from Trent Augenstein this past week. It is still in the box. I am having a unboxing tournament on August 7 at 7pm at Flipper McGill's Pinball Parlor in Idaho Springs CO. Come play a fresh new pinball. I also own an IM I bought new in 2008. I also have a brand new NOS IM playfield. I can swap in the future.
Happy Flipping!

#1156 5 years ago

I don't know if there is another pin that benefits more from adding a subwoofer than IM! Tron is up there, but I still think IM may take the cake.

#1157 5 years ago

I hope this picture shows the shine the decals have. The machine looks outstanding in low light.

20140731_194314.jpg
#1158 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't know if there is another pin that benefits more from adding a subwoofer than IM! Tron is up there, but I still think IM may take the cake.

How about MET Pro? I've only got one sub right now and trying to decide which one it should go on.

#1159 5 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

How about MET Pro? I've only got one sub right now and trying to decide which one it should go on.

IM

#1160 5 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

Run them both if your sub has two inputs. Mine does, and I run Tron and IM on it at the same time with no probs.

#1161 5 years ago

Run them both if your sub has two inputs. Mine does, and I run Tron and IM on it at the same time with no probs.

Yup, that's what I'm gonna do. ST & IM to a one sub....Met & LOTR to another...etc.

#1162 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yes. This. I'm not sure why Kawydud went with a rainbow of fruit flavors. Seems out of place to me.

It was a quick attempt, wanted to get the whites out of there. It came out backwards since I was wanting to start with the blue.

#1163 5 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

^^^^ I just couldn't get in to it, and I grew up on Metallica. I got tired of hitting the captive ball 20 odd times for multiball, or hitting Sparky 10 times, and I thought the callouts were horrible. The code of course is great, but that still couldn't get me to want to keep it.

What happened to Spidey?

#1164 5 years ago

Can someone post a picture/s of how they wired sub to the game?

I assume the game has a sub already that is located on bottom of cabinet and we just connect wire from external sub to it?

thanks!

#1165 5 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Can someone post a picture/s of how they wired sub to the game?
I assume the game has a sub already that is located on bottom of cabinet and we just connect wire from external sub to it?
thanks!

That's what I do. I alligator clip speaker wire to the + & - of the cabinet sub....then connect that to the + & - of the external sub. Done.

#1166 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

What happened to Spidey?

I played the ever living shit out of it, got to Superhero, then got bored with it. It was awesome for the time I had it, but it wasn't getting the plays anymore so I sold it and replaced it with STLE. If I had more space I definitely would've kept it.

#1167 5 years ago

This thing is sick!

0802141012a.jpg
#1168 5 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I played the ever living shit out of it, got to Superhero, then got bored with it. It was awesome for the time I had it, but it wasn't getting the plays anymore so I sold it and replaced it with STLE. If I had more space I definitely would've kept it.

Same thing happened to me. I played it a ton and then made it to SuperHero and then barely played it anymore. I'm keeping it only b/c it's so popular with everyone that comes over and also it looks good right next to IM Vault. I spent over a year looking for a nice HUO SM at a reasonable price. We've only had IM vault set up for a few days and I think it already has more plays on it than the SM.

#1169 5 years ago

Just got an iron man ve at mummites yesterday and had two issues.

1. We used to have an old non ve IM and the whiplash magnet threw the ball around a LOT more. On this one it catches the ball just fine but after a hold it just lets the ball dribble away. Was this a code change? Anything else it could be? Is it happening for anyone else?

2. We tried to wire a shaker but the shaker was pretty old and the little control board didn't have a spot for the wiring already in the game. I thought I saw some discussion about this on here. Do we need to buy just the control board or a whole new shaker?

#1170 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Just got an Iron Man ve at mummites yesterday and had two issues.
1. We used to have an old non ve IM and the whiplash magnet threw the ball around a LOT more. On this one it catches the ball just fine but after a hold it just lets the ball dribble away. Was this a code change? Anything else it could be? Is it happening for anyone else?

Whiplash magnet works exactly the same on my VE as it does on the IM Pro's ive played in the past.

#1171 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Just got an Iron Man ve at mummites yesterday and had two issues.

I was thinking the same - think the first hit it just kind drops it but other hits will wing it like crazy - had two SDTO (straight down the outlane?) that killed a great game

#1172 5 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Whiplash magnet works exactly the same on my VE as it does on the IM Pro's ive played in the past.

I don't know, sometimes my magnet doesn't do a lot, but one time the ball was actually hurled in the air over the flippers, I was like OMG that's not fair.

#1173 5 years ago

I've got my setting on 'Default' Jericho does not carry over to next ball. Is that what most people are doing?

#1174 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I've got my setting on 'Default' Jericho does not carry over to next ball. Is that what most people are doing?

What do you mean regarding Jericho carrying over to the next ball?

#1175 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What do you mean regarding Jericho carrying over to the next ball?

Feature adjustment #11

Jericho carryover ball to ball ( no - default )

I'm not sure what this means have to check, but with (no) my completed modes do not carryover. In other words if I light Iron Man insert and then drain, the next ball Iron Man is not lit. However progress towards goals is kept in other words if I am 70% towards spelling Monger that progress is kept.

I assume if I change from no to yes, all my inserts will be carried over to next ball?

Funny, the Mark ladder progress is kept (which is for Jericho) but the character inserts are not kept (which progress to DOD). Maybe it means if you drain while in Jericho you will keep in the mode on the next ball?

#1176 5 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

It was a quick attempt, wanted to get the whites out of there. It came out backwards since I was wanting to start with the blue.

I definitely understand the aversion to white inserts. So dull when used in quantity.

#1177 5 years ago

IM 2010 owner here with a couple of questions,

With the Monger chest led what type of flasher bulb is used?
Are the slingshot coils 50v with the option to change strength or 20v like the 2010 version?

#1178 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Feature adjustment #11

Jericho carryover ball to ball ( no - default )

I'm not sure what this means have to check, but with (no) my completed modes do not carryover. In other words if I light Iron Man insert and then drain, the next ball Iron Man is not lit. However progress towards goals is kept in other words if I am 70% towards spelling Monger that progress is kept.

I assume if I change from no to yes, all my inserts will be carried over to next ball?

Funny, the Mark ladder progress is kept (which is for Jericho) but the character inserts are not kept (which progress to DOD). Maybe it means if you drain while in Jericho you will keep in the mode on the next ball?

At first I thought you were confusing Jericho with DoD, but by your response, I can see that you are not.

You are correct, the inserts apply to DoD and don't really have anything to do with Jericho directly (although they do give you additional "Marks").

I don't think there is even an option to let the modes carry over. The only way to do that is to beat the mode and get the insert flashing as far as I know.

So the bottom line is that I am confused by this Jericho adjustment option. I will have to look at it later.

#1179 5 years ago

Can anyone that has a shaker up and running in a VE game please take pictures of exactly what you attached and where?

#1180 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

At first I thought you were confusing Jericho with DoD, but by your response, I can see that you are not.
You are correct, the inserts apply to DoD and don't really have anything to do with Jericho directly (although they do give you additional "Marks").
I don't think there is even an option to let the modes carry over. The only way to do that is to beat the mode and get the insert flashing as far as I know.
So the bottom line is that I am confused by this Jericho adjustment option. I will have to look at it later.

The Carry Over Jericho adjustment lets Jericho continue until you beat it...even after draining and starting a new ball. Basically, the next ball starts wherever you left off within the Jericho mode and continues until you beat it. Super lame if you ask me. Leave it off so if you drain during Jericho it's gone the next ball.

#1181 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm still playing the crap out of mine.

I've owned IM twice now. This one will not leave for a long time. IM is definitely in my Top 5 favorite pins of all time. To this day, no pin that I've ever played has made a better first impression of the first time I played IM. The way it battles you back, magnets throwing the ball at you, the epic sound package, and the short ball times combined with potential huge jackpots on DoD (and Jericho) that really get the adrenaline going, and this is one hell of a pin!

Glad to see that so many more people are able to enjoy this classic now and see what the fuss is about.

+1,000,000 Every bit of what Rob said.............

#1182 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Can anyone that has a shaker up and running in a VE game please take pictures of exactly what you attached and where?

My shaker didn't work until I attached J3 from the shaker board over to ground.

20140802_150722.jpg
#1183 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The Carry Over Jericho adjustment lets Jericho continue until you beat it...even after draining and starting a new ball. Basically, the next ball starts wherever you left off within the Jericho mode and continues until you beat it. Super lame if you ask me. Leave it off so if you drain during Jericho it's gone the next ball.

Wow.

I agree, so lame that I didn't even consider that as possibility!

#1184 5 years ago

Iron Man VE almost gave me a coronary!

My 10th game or so, (having only played about 20 games over the years), I hit Jericho!
WTF! With a shaker motor in it, this game is the most perfectly integrated shaker I have played with!
A must must have to this game, in my opinion. The build on it from game play to lighting, pushed forward by the music...WOW!
This game is both Flo oriented, in a classic way with the orbits, and linear driven by the music, but not always the shots. Very Cool! Great game for any Newbie, fan, just a real favorite, and a ball buster for the point, and progression players.
Tight package, and a nice change of pace in any collection.

Some lights, a subwoofer, and some magnetic glow balls to try out in it!

...and I am not exaggerating, I had to take a nitro!..

#1185 5 years ago

I just opened mine - only played a few games, cuz I have a lot of mods and stuff to do to it...but very impressed! I'm already much happier with the Vault Edition vs. my older one. The cabinet decals are sick...almost look like holograms. High rez printing + metallic foil = awesome. I got "lucky" and got one of the glassy smooth playfields. Looks awesome...my old IM had that slight ribbed wood look. I really like the LED/Incandescent lighting option. LED removes some of the strobing/pulsing FX as they're a bit choppier with LEDs...but honestly it doesn't bother me, so I think I'm going to keep it on incandescent, as I like the pulsing Whiplash flasher when his MB is ready. I'm pretty sure I'm noticing some new playfield light shows, too... when you launch, the playfield inserts sweep up toward the top...was that there before?

Anyway - very happy camper here. OK, back to modding!

#1186 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I got "lucky" and got one of the glassy smooth playfields. Looks awesome...my old IM had that slight ribbed wood look.

What number playfield is yours? Mine is 451 of 510.

thanks

#1187 5 years ago

Mine is 254 of 300. Im presuming they made 810 machines in total. Anyone else have a playfield of #300 lot....

#1188 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Iron Man VE almost gave me a coronary!

This is why I titled the IM Owners thread with the tag "adrenaline junkies welcome"! It fits!

My 10th game or so, (having only played about 20 games over the years), I hit Jericho!
WTF! With a shaker motor in it, this game is the most perfectly integrated shaker I have played with!
A must must have to this game, in my opinion. The build on it from game play to lighting, pushed forward by the music...WOW!

Congrats on getting to Jericho already.

Yes, as far as the shaker goes, I really don't think that there is any pin out there that implements the shaker any better than IM. Definitely a must have for this pin.

Music and sound effects kick ass!

This game is both Flo oriented, in a classic way with the orbits, and linear driven by the music, but not always the shots. Very Cool! Great game for any Newbie, fan, just a real favorite, and a ball buster for the point, and progression players.
Tight package, and a nice change of pace in any collection.
Some lights, a subwoofer, and some magnetic glow balls to try out in it!
...and I am not exaggerating, I had to take a nitro!..

A powered sub is almost as much of a "must have" as the shaker motor. Huge difference!

Glad you had some nitro handy to keep you from popping a gasket!

#1189 5 years ago
Quoted from matt_assassin:

Mine is 254 of 300. Im presuming they made 810 machines in total. Anyone else have a playfield of #300 lot....

Yes I do. Build date of July 10th.

#1190 5 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Yes I do. Build date of July 10th.

What is your # number and do you have enough clearcoat on your machine playfield ? Seems to have more clearcoats on # 500 than # 300...

#1191 5 years ago

I have #253 of 300 and it looks like the same great shiny clear that's on my ST pro right next to it . Both have invisaglass on them and Wow ... very happy with both . Never played a IM before I bought this and your right it gets your heart a pumpin . I don't play before bed , couldn't sleep.

#1192 5 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

My shaker didn't work until I attached J3 from the shaker board over to ground.

20140802_150722.jpg 106 KB

Thanks for the pic. My shaker board doesn't have those 3 pins for the ground connection.

Can you please show me exactly where the wires connected from the other connector on that green board and back to the cabinet?

#1193 5 years ago
Quoted from muddman:

I have #253 of 300 and it looks like the same great shiny clear that's on my ST pro right next to it . Both have invisaglass on them and Wow ... very happy with both . Never played a IM before I bought this and your right it gets your heart a pumpin . I don't play before bed , couldn't sleep.

If I don't care for next Vault or new Stern title I'm looking at an ST. Does it compliment IM ? I assume longer ball times would be a compliment to IM?

Can you also let me know how shooter rod/plunger compares to ST?

Thanks

#1194 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Thanks for the pic. My shaker board doesn't have those 3 pins for the ground connection.
Can you please show me exactly where the wires connected from the other connector on that green board and back to the cabinet?

I just realized I have the "old" shaker board, too ...I haven't put my shaker in yet - but will it not work with the old board?

#1195 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I just realized I have the "old" shaker board, too ...I haven't put my shaker in yet - but will it not work with the old board?

I don't know, no one I know with the old board has been able to find where to plug in the wiring harness.

How could it be this hard? Lol

#1196 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That's what you get for bagging on the "old" version of IM.

#1197 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

The brown/gray wire was just laying in the back of the cabinet. It was a 3 pin molex with just 1 wire not hooked up to anything. The red AC wire was right next to the board. I swapped my SM shaker into IM vault to help determine the problem. When I swapped in the shaker board from SM it worked fine so I knew it was the board then found I needed an extra connection. Here is a picture of the SM board I put in and it worked just fine.

Edit:
I just reached into the cab with my cell phone past the speaker for a picture and it actually showed the connection. So adding the picture.

20140802_150727.jpg

20140802_214054.jpg
#1198 5 years ago

1) For Instant Info the DMD lists "AR MACHINE MULTIBAL" LIT, I assume the cut-off is normal?

When my game starts:

2) It seems "MONGER" progress is carried over from previous game, is it possible to not have this?
3) MONGER is raised up and its not till the ball goes around orbit till he starts to lower. Is it possible to have him lowered at start of game?

thanks!

#1199 5 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

What number playfield is yours? Mine is 451 of 510.
thanks

#408 of 510*

#1200 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm no expert at all, but I have a Rev B. board from an old shaker that I want to put in IM and it doesn't have the right connections. I looked in my STLE and the board in it says Rev A. and has the different connections that everyone is talking about, so I assume that IMVE will need the same board.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 399.95
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 26.95
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 1983 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 40.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside