IMG_0229.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 014.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 011.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 008.JPG
All Picts- 159.jpg
CAM00127.jpg
CAM00114.jpg
There are 1,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 40.
#951 9 years ago

Trying to add a shaker which I took from SM, but can't find the 5 pin connector on IM VE. Any help?

#952 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Trying to add a shaker which I took from SM, but can't find the 5 pin connector on IM VE. Any help?

Pretty sure you will need to hook that shaker up through the back box. Not sure if I'm right though.

Hey by the way, does this game have magnet protectors now? Those look like black Cliffy's covering the magnets.

#953 9 years ago

What color mirror blades did you put on your IMVE? Who is the best to get them from?

#954 9 years ago

I thought it accentuates the fact that a lot of pinsiders take crappy blurry pictures..

Quoted from metahugh:

Your picture really accentuates the fact that this game is really, REALLY bright. I am definitely toning down the GI on my game.

#955 9 years ago

Anyone have the decal set that goes in place of the mirror blade? I mean the wallpaper type sticker that matches the speaker panel?

#956 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Anyone have the decal set that goes in place of the mirror blade? I mean the wallpaper type sticker that matches the speaker panel?

Yep I bought them. I think they will match the speaker decal wonderfully. I will be putting them on mine in the coming days. I'll post pictures.

image-453.jpgimage-453.jpg image-12.jpgimage-12.jpg image-375.jpgimage-375.jpg
#957 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Yep I bought them. I think they will match the speaker decal wonderfully. I will be putting them on mine in the coming days. I'll post pictures.

thanks, I will get these.

#958 9 years ago

You ever hear a bad beat story in poker? Well here is my bad beat story in IM.

I was one shot away from both DOD hurry-up and Jericho multi ball. On my ball 2 and fracked up on two straight balls.

#959 9 years ago

Hope it comes tomorrow!!

#960 9 years ago

How do you start Do or Die? I had all characters lit but it never started.

#961 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I have heard people who got the first batch of IMVE say how good the clear coat looks, but I have heard a few guys who got there's a little later say he clear coat was just ok. Can any one with an IMVE with a later build date comment on the clear coat on the playfield.. Better than average Stern??

Just unboxed finally. July 18th on the PF and has the standard amount of clear. Same as on my ST pro. I wonder if the first batch got extra clear by mistake.

#962 9 years ago

Damn this game is fun! As of right now I like it a little more than my MET Pro. Finally got the shaker motor dialed in and it doesn't rattle any more. It definitely integrates the shaker better than MET.

Do you guys have a strategy when you play or do you just fly by the seat of your pants and try not to drain?

#963 9 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Just unboxed finally. July 18th on the PF and has the standard amount of clear. Same as on my ST pro. I wonder if the first batch got extra clear by mistake.

That what I am wondering... I heard the first playfields said ### of 300 and the later ones said ### of 500 so maybe the first run were older playfields that were recleared/double cleared?

#964 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

How durable are they? I'd be scared to scratch them when you lift the playfield up.

#965 9 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

How durable are they? I'd be scared to scratch them when you lift the playfield up.

We shall see! Wondering how I should apply them. Take the whole playfield out? No clue

#966 9 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

How do you start Do or Die? I had all characters lit but it never started.

Started at center spinner.

I was curious if you have DOD and Jereco both ready what happens when you hit center spinner?

#967 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone tell me or post a pic preferably on how you adjust the monger lid. Mine is a hair too high all the way around.

Nevermind...two screws under Monger assembly. She's glass now.

#968 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Started at center spinner.
I was curious if you have DOD and Jereco both ready what happens when you hit center spinner?

Cool, probably be another month before I get all the characters lit again but I'll give it a try.

#969 9 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

We had a set on our ST here.. We did not find them to be durable.. the rip when you raise and lower the play field.. you have to be SUPER careful

#970 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I thought it accentuates the fact that a lot of pinsiders take crappy blurry pictures..

Haha! Look at that picture I quoted, see the lens flares? The lights on this game really are that bright. I finally have a use for al of these frosted dome warm white LEDs I have had for so many years. I swapped a couple in and they look excellent. Before and after pics to come.

#971 9 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

We had a set on our ST here.. We did not find them to be durable.. the rip when you raise and lower the play field.. you have to be SUPER careful

not sure if you had the same, I have no problems at all on my ST, lifeted the pf a lot of times. mine are from pinballrefinery.

#972 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

That what I am wondering... I heard the first playfields said ### of 300 and the later ones said ### of 500 so maybe the first run were older playfields that were recleared/double cleared?

This is typical Stern; the clear varies greatly and this is not a new development or change in process. Stern has made playfields like this for years. It's not horrible but kind of par for the course IMHO. The Xmen LE I sold to buy this game had a lot more clear than my IMVE has. Here is a test for those who posted pictures showing really nice clear. If you run you fingers over the inserts where text is, say for example where the monger inserts are, can you feel the edges of the letters like there is a sticker there? I can feel all of the edges of the art on all of my inserts.

I really don't think it makes a difference to the ball travel though. I also don't think the playfield will wear any worse either. Keep your playfield clean, replace the balls regularly and the playfield will stay nice. I have to admit though I am tempted to buy another playfield and get a really nice clear on it. Not necessary but I'm picky like that

#973 9 years ago

Not that hard when you hit start

Quoted from cwell:How durable are they? I'd be scared to scratch them when you lift the playfield up.

I got decal city scape for my SM from pinball life and it came with stick on felt strip that attaches to play field edge supposed to protect the stickers but I'm not sure where to get extra maybe an art shop?

#974 9 years ago

I spray painted some old flipper bats with the gold I used on my TOTAN lamp and then put red superbands on(sorry for the glass-on pic):

20140724_192043.jpg20140724_192043.jpg
#975 9 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

This is typical Stern; the clear varies greatly and this is not a new development or change in process. Stern has made playfields like this for years. It's not horrible but kind of par for the course IMHO. The Xmen LE I sold to buy this game had a lot more clear than my IMVE has. Here is a test for those who posted pictures showing really nice clear. If you run you fingers over the inserts where text is, say for example where the monger inserts are, can you feel the edges of the letters like there is a sticker there? I can feel all of the edges of the art on all of my inserts.
I really don't think it makes a difference to the ball travel though. I also don't think the playfield will wear any worse either. Keep your playfield clean, replace the balls regularly and the playfield will stay nice. I have to admit though I am tempted to buy another playfield and get a really nice clear on it. Not necessary but I'm picky like that

I bought a brand new playfield, how much does an extra application of clear cost?

image-301.jpgimage-301.jpg image-401.jpgimage-401.jpg
#976 9 years ago

A good clearcoat job runs $350-$500, plus shipping if it isn't happening locally.

#977 9 years ago
Quoted from dhalem:

A good clearcoat job runs $350-$500, plus shipping if it isn't happening locally.

Wow not cheap. Thanks for the info though.

#978 9 years ago

how much was the playfield?

#979 9 years ago

Somewhere around 700 shipped

#980 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Somewhere around 700 shipped

You are serious about Iron Man.

I'd like to reiterate how glad I am that Stern opened the vault. I had played IM three times in my life before I got my VE. I really was not overly impressed. But since I've had the new game I've played like 30 games so far which is a lot for me. I am starting to understand why people really love it.

#981 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I bought a brand new playfield, how much does an extra application of clear cost?

Image (auto-loading disabled)
Image (auto-loading disabled)

image-301.jpg 252 KB

You're insane, Grinder. I like that.

#982 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You are serious about Iron Man.
I'd like to reiterate how glad I am that Stern opened the vault. I had played IM three times in my life before I got my VE. I really was not overly impressed. But since I've had the new game I've played like 30 games so far which is a lot for me. I am starting to understand why people really love it.

I completely agree. Maybe it's the honeymoon period, but I like this game way more than my ST Pro. I think that one may be going up for sale.

#983 9 years ago

FWIW, my original IM has over 5,000 plays, and it doesn't have the slightest sign of playfield wear. I keep it clean and waxed, and I think the location I bought it from did too. I had Chad Keller clearcoat my CSI playfield, and that glassy look is really cool - but it's not really needed for protection IMHO.

#984 9 years ago

I am disappointed that no skill shot in the game, I don't call the roll over light a skill shot especially with post blocker. IMO they should disable the post or allow a skill shot by short plunge or long plunge with right flipper disabling the post like Tron to skill shot one of the ramps or combo or something other than just the boring roll over light.

#985 9 years ago

Anyone interested in a trade of their IMVE for a fully shopped STTNG, Shopped TAF, or TSPP? Of course, will add cash where needed.

#986 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I am disappointed that no skill shot in the game, I don't call the roll over light a skill shot especially with post blocker. IMO they should disable the post or allow a skill shot by short plunge or long plunge with right flipper disabling the post like Tron to skill shot one of the ramps or combo or something other than just the boring roll over light.

Yea I am disabling the top post orbit tonight. More of a skill shot then.

#987 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

yep, this is a must on IM.

I was really hoping it would be a hold left flipper post down on launch and an added skill shot, but oh well.

#988 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

But then the ball will never go into the pops during gameplay. Or hold while monger raises from a left orbit shot...

#989 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I've played like 30 games so far

So what youre saying is you've only played your brand new IM for about 5 minutes...? lol just messing

#990 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

But then the ball will never go into the pops during gameplay. Or hold while monger raises from a left orbit shot...

Can still go through the center spinner into the pops. Also, only allow a Monger start on the center. You do lose out on more pop hits when super pops are active. Contrary to popular opinion, there's decent points there.

#991 9 years ago

Well hell I don't know then

#992 9 years ago
Quoted from dhalem:

I completely agree. Maybe it's the honeymoon period, but I like this game way more than my ST Pro. I think that one may be going up for sale.

I'd wait for the ST code update before making that decision.

#993 9 years ago

IMVE arrives tomorrow afternoon! Time to consummate my love/hate relationship.

#994 9 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

I'd wait for the ST code update before making that decision.

You're probably right, I just hate being in the "Stern, where's my code?" club.

#995 9 years ago
Quoted from dhalem:

You're probably right, I just hate being in the "Stern, where's my code?" club.

This is true (ish) meaning I hate waiting for code, but on the other hand I love getting a new code.

I will hardly play STLE with the current code but will be happy / enjoy the new code. I recall the first 14 months with XMLE and how I hated the game, even with the current code it took me a while to appreciate it. But now I'm fairly happy and play the XM a lot.

I think my biggest gripe would be if Stern never updated ST or had a 'meh' update. However IMO I have higher hopes for ST for a few reasons

1 it's starting from a much higher level than XM. I mean XM was just about as bad as I've ever seen. Completely broken at one point. I could never see them salvaging anything good but it turned out average code which is great considering how low it was at one point.

2 it's got Steve Ritchie who seems more involved than Borg in the post release code or rules.

3 it's in a bit of a lull period with Mustang being a half hearted release, IM VE being already coded and MMR being on the dock. So IMO Stern may have more resources on hold or hopefully working on ST.

4 just IMO but ST is a nice layout similar to SM or ACDC in flow and hopefully Stern would like to capitalize on that as well as Steve Ritchie credibility as well as IMO the high stature of Star Trek as a theme although that's not much as they didn't really capitalize on XM or AV which should have been monsters but to me those layouts are not as good or pure as ST which is about as tried and true as can be. Hope Stern sees the possibility of more sales if the code is great like AcDc.

#996 9 years ago

Pipe dream...

#997 9 years ago

I have both ST pro and SM. I really prefer SM. The code is a lot more finished. I've gotten to super-hero multiple times and the modes and challenges are a lot more interesting than ST's "chase the color" modes.

#998 9 years ago

I took a look at the 1.4 rom vs the 1.81 rom that IMve ships with in Pinball Browser. The DMD animations are the exact same dots for at least the Jericho animation, when Whiplash is making his weapon, and the Match animation.

Maybe the LED makes it look worse than a plasma display?

#999 9 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Maybe the LED makes it look worse than a plasma display?

Probably that and people just forgetting what it looked like. We've been spoiled by "clear" hand drawn dots for a few years now. Going back to FMV is a shock to the system.

#1000 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

That's a different post. And even with the orbit post disabled, you'll see plenty of pop bumper action.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

There are 1,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-ve-owners-post-here/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.