IMG_0229.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 014.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 011.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 008.JPG
All Picts- 159.jpg
CAM00127.jpg
CAM00114.jpg
There are 1,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 40.
#701 9 years ago

Looks like next week for me.

#702 9 years ago

Poor poor Californians. It's nice to live near the spawn point... been playing for a week and a half already. Yea, gotta rub it in a little..

#703 9 years ago

Picking mine up at the terminal today! The delivery times suck so I'm just going after work to pick it up. Can't wait!

#704 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Poor poor Californians. It's nice to live near the spawn point... been playing for a week and a half already. Yea, gotta rub it in a little..

You'll get no jealousy from me. Getting a pinball machine a couple days early wouldn't soothe the pain of living in the middle.

#705 9 years ago
Quoted from dhalem:

pain of living in the middle.

No pain here, other than observing the ridiculousness of my coastal friends.

#706 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Picking mine up at the terminal today! The delivery times suck so I'm just going after work to pick it up. Can't wait!

Here is my warning when being picked up a local dock

If For some Reason you decide to pick this up at the terminal if you sign for it undamaged and there is any damage to the machine what so ever there is NOTHING we can do as the freight company will blame the damage on your secondary transport. So if you pick it up I HIGHLY Recommend you unbox if BEFORE you sign for it!!!!

#707 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Eh, I'm patient.

#708 9 years ago

Mine came yesterday! It is awesome. Well done Stern!20140721_224259.jpg20140721_224259.jpg20140721_221010.jpg20140721_221010.jpg

#709 9 years ago

This makes me feel better about myself. Even the pros get their asses kicked by IM.

#710 9 years ago

Mine shipped out yesterday, waiting for a call from R & L with an ETA.

#711 9 years ago

Got a call!! Might be here tomorrow if I'm lucky or def by Thursday. So this is my first NIB. These trucking companies don't bring it inside the house? They drop it off and it's up to you? My two used pins were carried into my game room by that shipping company. Any help?

#712 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Got a call!! Might be here tomorrow if I'm lucky or def by Thursday. So this is my first NIB. These trucking companies don't bring it inside the house? They drop it off and it's up to you? My two used pins were carried into my game room by that shipping company. Any help?

To the Curb.

#713 9 years ago
Quoted from cgz46:

Mine came yesterday! It is awesome. Well done Stern!

20140721_221010.jpg 141 KB

20140721_224259.jpg 191 KB

Man That Box Looks SCARY!

#714 9 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Here is my warning when being picked up a local dock

If For some Reason you decide to pick this up at the terminal if you sign for it undamaged and there is any damage to the machine what so ever there is NOTHING we can do as the freight company will blame the damage on your secondary transport. So if you pick it up I HIGHLY Recommend you unbox if BEFORE you sign for it!!!!

If the box is undamaged, shouldn't the contents (as long as Stern packaged it properly) be fine? I don't know if I'm comfortable unboxing it right there. I feel like it might get damaged loading it into my Tahoe out of the box....

Also, is the backbox held down somehow if I do decide to unbox it right there?

#715 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

If the box is undamaged, shouldn't the contents (as long as Stern packaged it properly) be fine? I don't know if I'm comfortable unboxing it right there. I feel like it might get damaged loading it into my Tahoe out of the box....

Not Always. Ive seen boxes undamaged for very very lightly damaged have freight damage. Some of the worse ones Ive seen have been dropped and the box doesn't show the damage, but you open it and well you get the point..

When in doubt Unbox!

Picking up from terminal you take 100% of the Damage when you sign. If you sign at your curb and there is damage they will still pay up to 33% of the liability limits (this is most freight lines.. Not all) Under hidden damage policy's.

Everyone See's me harp about inspection and such because its really important. Like taking a rental car with out looking closely over it..

#716 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Yeah, I picked my Luci up at the terminal a couple weeks ago and felt really weird asking the guy to wait while I unboxed it... so I just inspected the box really well, which was perfect so I felt comfortable signing for it. However, if there would have been any damage to the box I would have cut it open to peek inside.

#717 9 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Man That Box Looks SCARY!

Do you recommend unboxing at your home delivery if it looks like that one? I thought the same ting when I saw that picture. Damn...

#718 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Do you recommend unboxing at your home delivery if it looks like that one? I thought the same ting when I saw that picture. Damn...

HELL YES!!!!!!

That box might have been a rebox.. Maybe from a Show? I can't tell but the tape on the right side makes me think so.

#719 9 years ago
Quoted from cgz46:

Am I seeing that acdc translight correctly?

Did your game looked reboxed? Check your audits?

#720 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Also, is the backbox held down somehow if I do decide to unbox it right there?

Sorry Missed the second question in this.. Yes Green Poly Strap holds the head down inside the box

JJ

#721 9 years ago
Quoted from cgz46:

Jay Cutler, is that you?!

#722 9 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Jay Cutler, is that you?!

No he would be lying on the ground crying and blaming everyone else for his mistakes as he fakes an injury.

AFTER FURTHER REVIEW THE BEARS STILL SUCK!

#723 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

No he would be lying on the ground crying and blaming everyone else for his mistakes as he fakes an injury.
AFTER FURTHER REVIEW THE BEARS STILL SUCK!

Thats cute

#724 9 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Sorry Missed the second question in this.. Yes Green Poly Strap holds the head down inside the box

JJ

Ok cool. I'll unbox it at the terminal for inspection then. Thanks for the heads up!

#725 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Ok cool. I'll unbox it at the terminal for inspection then. Thanks for the heads up!

No Problem. Good Call!

JJ

#726 9 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Not Always. Ive seen boxes undamaged for very very lightly damaged have freight damage. Some of the worse ones Ive seen have been dropped and the box doesn't show the damage, but you open it and well you get the point..
When in doubt Unbox!
Picking up from terminal you take 100% of the Damage when you sign. If you sign at your curb and there is damage they will still pay up to 33% of the liability limits (this is most freight lines.. Not all) Under hidden damage policy's.
Everyone See's me harp about inspection and such because its really important. Like taking a rental car with out looking closely over it..

If we find significant damage, what do you recommend. Don't sign and send it back? Or get them to put the damage on the receipt and still take delivery?

#727 9 years ago
Quoted from jsalce:

If we find significant damage, what do you recommend. Don't sign and send it back? Or get them to put the damage on the receipt and still take delivery?

I always recommenced that if you find damage to call me or someone at my office right away.. If its a scratch then notate it and go on.. If it has a hole in the side of the game.. Refuse the shipment and send back is generally how I do it. It depends on a case by case basis.

But Under no circumstances let the drive bully you into signing it with out at least putting detailed notes on the bill of lading before you sign.

#728 9 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I always recommenced that if you find damage to call me or someone at my office right away.. If its a scratch then notate it and go on.. If it has a hole in the side of the game.. Refuse the shipment and send back is generally how I do it. It depends on a case by case basis.
But Under no circumstances let the drive bully you into signing it with out at least putting detailed notes on the bill of lading before you sign.

Great advice, thank you!

#729 9 years ago

I was a little concerned when mine showed up last week...box was damaged...plastic wrap was gone, pallet was missing...I was not home at the time but my wife made the driver wait for almost 20 minutes as she unboxed and inspected the entire machine (the driver kept asking her to just sign so he could leave, she told him to read the orange sign and wait until she was done)..it was in great condition and she then signed for it...when in doubt err on the side of caution....

2014071595103700.jpg2014071595103700.jpg
2014071595103711.jpg2014071595103711.jpg
2014071595103703.jpg2014071595103703.jpg

#730 9 years ago

Your wife for hire? You lucky!

Quoted from cosmokramer:

I was a little concerned when mine showed up last week...box was damaged...plastic wrap was gone, pallet was missing...I was not home at the time but my wife made the driver wait for almost 20 minutes as she unboxed and inspected the entire machine...it was in great condition and she then signed for it...when in doubt err on the side of caution....

#731 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I was a little concerned when mine showed up last week...box was damaged...plastic wrap was gone, pallet was missing...I was not home at the time but my wife made the driver wait for almost 20 minutes as she unboxed and inspected the entire machine...it was in great condition and she then signed for it...when in doubt err on the side of caution....

2014071595103700.jpg 76 KB

2014071595103711.jpg 72 KB

2014071595103703.jpg 54 KB

No pallet and a box like that would of made me very nervous! I have had delivery drivers try to pressure me into signing so they can make a quick exit... Not happening!!

#732 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Your wife for hire? You lucky!

Quoted from Concretehardt:

No pallet and a box like that would of made me very nervous! I have had drivers try to pressure me into signing so they can make a quick exit... Not happening!!

I edited my post to add ( the driver kept asking her to just sign for it, she told him to read the orange sign and wait until she was done)....she is a keeper for sure!

She told me she had only 2 complaints about it...
1) she broke a nail cutting the box open
2) the driver was staring at her ass the whole time as she was bent over to cut around the bottom

#733 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

2) the driver was staring at her ass the whole time as she was bent over to cut around the bottom

Pics or it didn't happen

#734 9 years ago

Lol I unboxed it at Betson then wrapped it back up for the ride home. Yea I would be scared too if it looked like that when I first got there That's me btw

#735 9 years ago

I picked mine up yesterday at the terminal. The box looked perfect so I didn't inspect it. All was good when I got it home.

When I got it home, I put in a shaker, hooked up an external sub, installed mylar in the shooter lane, and installed some quality balls. Man this game rocks!!! The cabinet decals are amazing in person. They look incredible.

The external sub is a must in my opinion. I played some games with it off and then on. There is such a huge difference.

The shaker also has very nice integration. That's a must too.

#736 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I picked mine up yesterday at the terminal. The box looked perfect so I didn't inspect it. All was good when I got it home.
When I got it home, I put in a shaker, hooked up an external sub, installed mylar in the shooter lane, and installed some quality balls. Man this game rocks!!! The cabinet decals are amazing in person. They look incredible.
The external sub is a must in my opinion. I played some games with it off and then on. There is such a huge difference.

Congrats! I hope mine goes that smoothly. Hope I get the call soon to pick this thing up!

#737 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

The external sub is a must in my opinion.

image-50.jpgimage-50.jpg

#738 9 years ago

Is the cab pre-drilled for a shaker? I've never installed one before, is it pretty much plug and play?

You guys in the States waiting for yours think you have it tough - mine won't be over in England for another three weeks!

#739 9 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Is the cab pre-drilled for a shaker? I've never installed one before, is it pretty much plug and play?
You guys in the States waiting for yours think you have it tough - mine won't be over in England for another three weeks!

Yes, pre drilled and plug n play...very easy to install

#740 9 years ago

My machine was delivered yesterday as well. I was very impressed with cab decals and how the foil reflected. Born on date was 7/21, arrived 7/22. Shaker, sub, and cliffy's installed and off I went. The shaker integration is solid, and the sub makes a huge difference.

Only flaw was at power on, the LED DMD had a pixel out, which created a faint line, but already have a replacement on the way.

20140722_214638.jpg20140722_214638.jpg
#741 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Yes, pre drilled and plug n play...very easy to install

Thanks for the info - is the general consensus that it's worth it?

#742 9 years ago

Another Shipment Leaving for West Coast from Our dock today In Denver.

One more for East and I think Everyone should be good!

#743 9 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Another Shipment Leaving for West Coast from Our dock today In Denver.
One more for East and I think Everyone should be good!

How many did you guys sell?

#744 9 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Thanks for the info - is the general consensus that it's worth it?

Abso-freaking-lutely. My thought is this....You spend $4800 on a game that is great. That's cool. But why cheap out and not drop another $175 to make it a ton better? Same with the subwoofer. $175 when you're spending $4800 already isn't all that much (about 3.5% of the cost of the machine). It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me not to add it. It's like ordering a really nice new car and not getting navigation with it just to save a few bucks....

#745 9 years ago

Would love to know how many IMVE were produced... What's your guess JJ?

#746 9 years ago

I know the numbers on the playfield aren't supposed to mean anything but mine says Ironman Pro 2014 (#329 of 510)

#747 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Abso-freaking-lutely. My thought is this....You spend $4800 on a game that is great. That's cool. But why cheap out and not drop another $175 to make it a ton better? Same with the subwoofer. $175 when you're spending $4800 already isn't all that much (about 3.5% of the cost of the machine). It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me not to add it. It's like ordering a really nice new car and not getting navigation with it just to save a few bucks....

Getting built in navigation is a total rip-off. Usually about a grand to do that. I'll stick with my $80 garmin.

#748 9 years ago

Does this thing have ramp protectors or not? I thought that i read that it does. Do i need cliffys? Could someone please clarify? Thanks

#749 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Getting built in navigation is a total rip-off. Usually about a grand to do that. I'll stick with my $80 garmin.

Or my free iPhone map app. Good enough for me. I will still spring for the shaker and even the subwoofer. Priorities.

Can someone recommend a decent sub for me? Would best buy have one?

#750 9 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Does this thing have ramp protectors or not? I thought that i read that it does. Do i need cliffys? Could someone please clarify? Thanks

Yes it has ramp protectors. I don't use Cliffys in the shooter lane, mylar does just fine IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-ve-owners-post-here/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.