Topic Stats

• 1,983 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rarehero
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 457 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-979.jpg
image-670.jpg
image-193.jpg
image-531.jpg
image-725.jpg
image.jpg
1415678162262.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0229.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 014.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 011.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 008.JPG
All Picts- 159.jpg
CAM00127.jpg
CAM00114.jpg

There are 1983 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 40.
#1 6 years ago

Like to see a show of hands who has bought the IMVE and had they been planning on buying IM in the past or what the circumstance was when it was announced.

For me, I was around when the MMR was announced and excitedly got on the list sent in my deposit, but at time passed, got to thinking how much I really wanted MM as opposed to how much was just because it happened to seem to be a bargain price compared to $12k or whatever a nice example had been selling for.

I dropped out of MMR but I'm sure it will be nice, but just wasn't as excited a few months after the announcement as I was on the first day.

Regarding IM, I stared the post 2 months ago wondering aloud if Stern would be able to sell a number of IM remakes. Specifically, I asked if they would be able to sell at the 'Stern pro' price. I was not looking for a premium edition with mega bells and whistles. I saw the magic point with me, I bought Tron pro for $4400 and saw I didn't buy MMR for $8300 (with shipping) not saying MMR is not fantastic with color LCD display which is awesome. But that the extra $3500 money is at or near another pro game.

Now, before the announcement, I was in the market for IM or Met. However was not sure if the pro or premium Met was for me, and the IM (used) market was somewhere in between. I didn't see myself buying IM at the asking prices back then $5800 to $6k+

So I was undecided, when Stern announced IMVE for just a bit more than Met pro. I was sold instantly, probably it's likely that Met has more going on, more rules but I am much more of an IM fan as to the theme and as I couldn't decide anyway between the pro and the premium.

Last but not least, I was probably out of room (according to my wife) and was not in the market for another pin unless I sold one. But with the cost of IM being under $5k that was a lot easier to sell my wife on the idea than if it had been $8k for MMR or $6400 for Met premium.

#2 6 years ago

I ordered via Game Exchange on 6/19 and if Tron,SM and additional VE's come out for under 5k ill have a decent VE line-up. Ive never seen the Iron Man movies and since the game is based on 1 & 2 and I heard 3 was bad I watched 1 & 2 this past week. Just my opinion but I think 1 & 2 movies were pretty bad but the theme seems pretty popular and the pin is great..

#3 6 years ago

Was looking. Almost bought a beater. Emailed the distro to hold one for me as soon as I saw the announcement. Lucky.

#4 6 years ago

I thought all 3 IM movies were good, first one more so than the others. I mean they are comic book movies and IMO the first IM movie really recharged the Marvel franchise leading up to Thor, Captain America and Avengers.

I thought the latest Batman movies were also excellent, but by and large most comic movies you have to take with a grain of salt as they are not strictly believable. But to me the humor of IM with Robert Downey Jr is what sells the whole franchise much like Johnny Depp was for PotC.

#5 6 years ago

rai, Well, at-least you have good taste in pinballs.

#6 6 years ago

I just sold my mm and was looking for something new and now. Had some time in on two machines and always found the game exciting. Thought it would be a good space filler for a few months.

#7 6 years ago

Are you silly folks adding Iron Man 2010 to your collection already?

I imagine once backglass is released pinside will add an Iron Man VE edition to their inventory..

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Are you silly folks adding Iron Man 2010 to your collection already?
I imagine once backglass is released pinside will add an Iron Man VE edition to their inventory..

Yes, I paid for it and I assume it will arrive since stern doesn't drag their feet.

#9 6 years ago

I'm in for one as well. Went to Gio at PBR and he has taken great care of me so far. This is my first NIB and for the price, I couldn't say no and neither could the girlfriend. On a side note, she doesn't know about all the upgrades I asked PBR to install

#10 6 years ago

Hell yea I bought one. Can't wait to unbox it. Not sure what to do about my pimped out IM Pro. Might sell it, might trade it, might put it on route and make me some money.

#11 6 years ago

Yep....

#12 6 years ago

check facebook, new ones on the line right now. congrats guys

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Hell yea I bought one. Can't wait to unbox it. Not sure what to do about my pimped out IM Pro. Might sell it, might trade it, might put it on route and make me some money.

I was interested to ask who is buying a second one. I bet some (quite a few) had the same idea with Luci. I suppose if it's one of your keepers it might make sense or if you want to get a better condition game than the one you own.

#14 6 years ago

Facebook:
image-35.jpg

#15 6 years ago

My wife has wanted an IM for two years...but they were too much even for a routed machine...I ordered her one on the day of the announcement for her birthday.

#16 6 years ago

I'm in! Had the original IM, sold it about 3 years ago...been kinda sorta missing it, but not enough to buy one for what they were selling for. VE announced, I was in. Like the price, cab decals, new backbox, LEDs from the factory.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

My wife has wanted an IM for two years...but they were too much even for a routed machine...I ordered her one on the day of the announcement for her birthday.

That's the way to do it. Your wife sounds like a keeper.

#18 6 years ago

The only comic book that I collected as a kid was Iron Man. All of my friends liked other super heros, so I was surprised when the original movie came out. I like the movies, but I can definately see if you are not a Robert Downey Jr. fan that he might ruin them for you. I kept hearing how fast and "brutal" the game was and about a year ago had a chance to play one in the wild. I could only play it a few times because my wife was with me, but it left a great impression so I have been watching to buy one used since then.
I ordered from Michael at Flipper Fidelity/Bay Distributing the day I heard about the VE. The used market is so crazy these days that two of the last four machines I bought were new machines from Michael. I still watch the local Craigslist and there is a Pacific Northwest pinball classified facebook page, but it's much more dificult to get a used game these days.
I'm excited to get the game, and yes I did already added it to my pinside collection...hope they are making my machine today!

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Are you silly folks adding Iron Man 2010 to your collection already?..

I added IM to my collection, can't see why Pinside would add another pin version for IM.

#20 6 years ago

Bought it the day it was announced (6/12) from GexChange as a total impulse buy

Had played it at a tournament and thought it was a great game, and the price was good.

#21 6 years ago

I ordered one from Cointaker . Free mirror blades included, now I get to open a NIB IMVE and try out mirror blades for the first time!

I'm excited! IM is one of those games that when it came out I was not very excited for it because it seemed so stripped down but as pinball goes the gameplay makes the game and I'm dying to play some IM at home! Like my spiderman this one is never going anywhere.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I ordered one from Cointaker . Free mirror blades included, now I get to open a NIB IMVE and try out mirror blades for the first time!
I'm excited! IM is one of those games that when it came out I was not very excited for it because it seemed so stripped down but as pinball goes the gameplay makes the game and I'm dying to play some IM at home! Like my spiderman this one is never going anywhere.

I just put mirror blades on my IM Pro this weekend. I have no idea why I waited so long. It looks beautiful. I will either put the newly made IM side decal art on my VE or spring for some gold mirror blades to go with my gold/brass pieces and powder coated trim.

You'll love the mirror blades though:

image-426.jpg
image-199.jpg

#23 6 years ago

I see you got the IRON MAN decal set are you happy with them?

#24 6 years ago

Ordered mine the first day of announcement from Pinball Refinery from Steve and Gio. Can't wait!

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I see you got the Iron Man decal set are you happy with them?

Oh yes, very happy with it. I have gotten a TON of mods for my Pro. Those decals have held up well to the abuse. Seeing the words IRON MAN is a must on those targets.

#26 6 years ago

Yep I am in IM #2 for me. Fantastic game, great price point, the new additions to the game are an added plus. Overall very good move by stern and I hope to see more VE models released in the future.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Yep I am in IM #2 for me. Fantastic game, great price point, the new additions to the game are an added plus. Overall very good move by stern and I hope to see more VE models released in the future.

I think it's genius. Stern now has JJP and several other smaller makers or even home made games to contend with, first Stern makes a great move to get PPS in house. Now it makes a move to sell several hundred pins on small budget but also small lead time (less time for people to change their plans) and likely will be shipping them shortly.

Stern, has a proven title, people want to buy it (IM) and Stern takes some of the money back that was set aside for other makers by selling a pin that's made in a manner of weeks/months instead of years.

#28 6 years ago

Where can I get the target decals?

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Oh yes, very happy with it. I have gotten a TON of mods for my Pro. Those decals have held up well to the abuse. Seeing the words Iron Man is a must on those targets.

Did you get the decals from pinball decals?

#30 6 years ago

Yes I did. Www.Pinballdecals.com

#31 6 years ago

I have my deposit in. Does that count? Gotta take some pics and sell xmen pro now.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I have my deposit in. Does that count? Gotta take some pics and sell xmen pro now.

"Deposit?"

I paid the full price... would that still be considered a "deposit?"

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think it's genius.

I understand why folks are excited to get a NIB IM @ a fair price, but genius? Please.

Genius would be revving the software to display high-res, color images. Or maybe upgrading the sound from mono->stereo (and be as immersive as Pinball 2000 audio).

Doing a re-run and keeping the line busy is good business...not genius.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

You got free mirror blades from cointaker... How did you manage that?

#35 6 years ago

You buy a game from them and they will bundle stuff into the sale.

Quoted from Concretehardt:

You got free mirror blades from cointaker... How did you manage that?

#36 6 years ago

does someone who bundles "stuff" still charge $4,800?

#37 6 years ago

Im not sure about IM but for Met Pro there pricing was inline with other distributors but they gave you a mirror blade set. For $50ish more they gave you an LED kit.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

does someone who bundles "stuff" still charge $4,800?

That's the million dollar question!

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I see you got the Iron Man decal set are you happy with them?

I think you like going through the order process more than actually buying the pin.....You always cancel your order.lol

Woz - Cancelled.
Hobbit - Cancelled.
Predator - Cancelled.
MMr - Cancelled.
IMVE - Will most likely make your excuses and cancel when a another new pin is announced!

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Flavours:

I think you like going through the order process more than actually buying the pin.....You always cancel your order.lol
Woz - Cancelled.
Hobbit - Cancelled.
Predator - Cancelled.
MMr - Cancelled.
IMVE - Will most likely make your excuses and cancel when a another new pin is announced!

So funny, never ordered Hobbit so that's a good one, maybe you need to spend more time researching what games I order. Plus it's not against the law to order a game and not buy it. Happens all the time.

Maybe if you weren't a member since today you'd know or maybe you are spamming multiple ID's? That's against Pinside rules.

#41 6 years ago

You dont need to be a member to read threads...Einstein.lol

You are just butthurt over my post because its kinda true.

You have most likely reported me for spamming multiple IDs, Good luck there champ.lol ( i only have one )

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Flavours:

You dont need to be a member to read threads...Einstein.lol
You are just butthurt over my post post because its kinda true.
You have most likely reported me for spamming multiple IDs, Good luck there champ.lol ( i only have one )

What's the big deal if I canceled WoZ or some other game? Does that make you a feel like a big guy or something?

Where did you read that I cancelled The Hobbit? Talk about Einstein you are really smart all right.

#43 6 years ago

Y

Quoted from rai:

What's the big deal if I canceled WoZ or some other game? Does that make you a feel like a big guy or something?
Where did you read that I cancelled The Hobbit?

There is no big deal about cancelling woz or any other game.

I just pointed out , what you already admitted in the skit-b thread! I just find it strange thats all, from all the drama you caused in there, only to cancel.

#44 6 years ago

Maybe since your a day one newbie you didn't read the rules?

https://pinside.com/pinball/help/pinsidecom-community-rules

Rule number one be nice, this is your first day and you are trying to derail this thread with irrelevant arguments. You don't know me I don't know you but you have to be a smart ass and derail the tread about IM.

Why are you even posting on this thread? Just to stir up trouble (same as trolling) is against forum rules.

#45 6 years ago

I'm allowed to cancel Predator, many people have. No drama, in fact I said "I hope and think Predator will be great". What's so bad about that? I also said I'm sure there are lots of people who will gladly take over my spot.

I spoke with Kevin and told him don't stress if people cancel all games have had people drop out. He didn't get bent out of shape like you seem to be.

#47 6 years ago

Cant wait to get my IM Vault. When does it ship??

#48 6 years ago

Please dont play the " you are new , and must bow down to everything i say " card.

My post was nothing more than an observation, nothing nasty in it.

You got butthurt about it! Just leave it ok?

#49 6 years ago

Mine should be here mid-late July

#50 6 years ago

Am I crazy ordering the VE when I still have the original I bought NIB, which is still as new?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 1983 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 40.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside