pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
s-l1600aaa (resized).jpg
2222 (resized).jpg
s-l960 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usandthem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2295 1 year ago

I would like to put in a word for Mr. D. It was originally an CBC show, but the whole series is now available on Prime. It’s about a hapless, inept private school teacher. It’s a hilarious watch for anybody, but schoolteachers will especially appreciate it.

#2297 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Gerry D is frickin hilarious.
he REALLY used to be a teacher too!

Yes. Living in a border state, I used to watch the episodes as they came out over-the-air. I noticed that he's the host of Canadian Family Feud now. He's a lot more subdued on that show. I was expecting him to be Mr. D-- haha.

6 months later
#2732 10 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm really enjoying the series Bupkis on Peacock so far starring Pete Davidson. It's got a great cast including Edie Falco, Joe Pesci, and a bunch of other stars. It's loosely based on his life but it's really pretty funny and entertaining.

Never thought in a million years that I would agree. Always thought Pete Davidson was overhyped and a complete waste on SNL. But this show is great, if not way off color at times. Plenty of outrageous "shock" humor to go along with some real "smarter" humor and warmth. Joe Pesci must've seen something in the writing as the show came together because he just doesn't do much anymore. But he steals every scene that he is in, as one would expect. And the whole season clocks in at about 4 hours (8, 1/2 hour episodes). Contrast this with the bloated (final?) season of Ted Lasso that became so self-important that it had 13 1 hour episodes. Stuck with that one out of obligation. Went from pandemic comfort food to preachy, but quick. Felt more like chopping wood than a Lonnie Ropp rule set.

#2741 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm really surprised at how so many people turned against Ted Lasso. Season 3 wasn't quite as interesting as the first two (and I agree the episodes were way too long in most cases), but I thought it was still better than most other similar shows.

Finally saw the finale. I had seen everything up to that point when I posted. It did redeem itself (a bit)- haha. Doesn't take away from the fact that there were a lot of half-baked storylines just sort of cobbled together though, making for unnecessarily long episodes. That's where it fell down for me.

1 month later
#2918 9 months ago

Got MGM+ for 99 cents a month for two months, mostly to see The Rolling Stones documentary. Now I'm hooked on the show "From".

#2947 9 months ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Someone here tipped about From, I started watching a few days ago. Im really into it! Also intro music is really nice.

Hey, that was me! Just getting going on season 2.

#2961 8 months ago

Here's one that both you and your wife can enjoy together on Paramount Plus: "Joe Pickett". It's based on a book series. Joe is a Wyoming game warden who always finds himself getting mixed up in crime fighting that goes way beyond the scope of a game warden. My wife likes it because it reminds her a bit of Virgin River. I like it because I always enjoy underestimated characters in fish-out-of-water situations, particularly in a western atmosphere.

#2963 8 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Looks good!I’m with you on western environment.Max’s True Detective upcoming season stars Jodie Foster and takes place in an isolated environment in Alaska

Yes! That one looks like it could be really good.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usandthem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch?tu=usandthem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.