pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
s-l1600aaa (resized).jpg
2222 (resized).jpg
s-l960 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinsinner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#124 7 years ago

I have watched and loved so many shows over the years. I am a bit of a TV addict. My favourites are below (in no particular order):

Scifi/Fantasy:

Stargate (The complete Series) - (SG-1, Atlantis, Stargate Universe) - This is a big undertaking, but well worth the time - Google the best viewing order.)
Battlestar Galactica
Farscape
Humans
Game of Thrones
Westworld
The Expanse
Dark Matter
Fringe (Get through the slow first season and it hits its stride mid-season two and then it is pure brilliance thereafter)
Firefly (It was a travesty it was cancelled - but well worth watching the 14 episodes and follow up with the movie Serenity that wraps things up - wonderful show)
Orphan Black (Tatiana Maslany is simply brilliant playing multiple clones)

Comedy Drama:

Lucifer
Chuck (This one is a lot of fun - one of my all time favourites)
Being Erica

Drama:

Bloodline
The Wire
Dexter
Breaking Bad
Friday Night Lights (This is far more than a show about American Football)
House of Cards (US)
Billions
Bull
Jericho
The Man in the High Castle

Teen Drama. (Try not to judge - these are excellent shows)

Gossip Girl
The O.C
One Tree Hill
The Vampire Diaries
Roswell (Obviously this is also Scifi)

Happy Viewing

1 year later
#392 5 years ago

Humans is a fantastic show.

It is a frightening thing to consider this is what may happen in our future. One of the things it touches upon, and I find both interesting and troubled by: what happens to society when A.I and robotics replaces a human workforce, and the ramifications as well as civil unrest caused. They will become relied upon for every part of our daily lives and it explores in later seasons how it can all go wrong.

5AF13044-4DB6-4439-92FD-A971358AAA6C (resized).jpeg5AF13044-4DB6-4439-92FD-A971358AAA6C (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#402 5 years ago

I'm about 3/4 the way through season 1 of Ozark. What a fantastic show.

Jason Bateman is proving to be an excellent dramatic actor. Prior to seeing him in The Gift, I only ever knew him to be a comedic actor. Then I saw The Gift and he was brilliant. Now Ozark, what an excellent actor. A show well worth watching.

1 month later
#426 5 years ago

I just watched the pilot episode of Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan. I really enjoyed it and look forward to the rest of season 1.

1 month later
#455 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just finished season 3 of The Expanse. It's one of those rare shows that started out great and has gotten even better with each new season. It's easily the best sci-fi show on TV since Battlestar Galactica.

Agreed. A top shelf show.

3 years later
#1328 2 years ago

I just finished Cobra Kai season 4. An awesome show. This season was far better than season 3 in my opinion and has also set up an excellent season 5. Can’t wait for more!

#1343 2 years ago
Quoted from PinlordMarc:

The Expanse on Amazon Prime is a great show if you love sci-fi. I'm a big fan overall and love how much diversity and inclusion the cast has -- even though the captain is predictably a white cis male.

Yes. Top shelf sci-fi. Amazing production quality and great writing. Probably the best sci-fi since Battlestar Galactica (2001).

#1344 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I like my captains to be predictably minority gender neutral. So I’m out.

You have got the show all wrong. Unlike the Disney rubbish, The Expanse isn’t throwing diversity and identity politics down your throat. Yes there is an element of class struggle which is the basis of the conflict, but it really is an incredible show.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinsinner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch?tu=pinsinner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.