Topic Stats

• 3,827 posts
  • 437 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 20-55-22 Nose Boy Is Yet Another Bit From Dan Schneider That Seems Inappropriate Now (resized).png
IMG_2115 (resized).png
we-are-lady-parts-peacock-poster (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
5675773ab24117888a271de4334cd519 (resized).jpg
download.jpeg
Fallout (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
s-l1600aaa (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pch3727.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2283 1 year ago

Been watching Cabinet of Curiosities on Netflix. Just finished episode 4. Great anthology so far. Each episode has found a different way to creep me out. I'm a big fan of phycological horror but not so much over the top gore. This has had the prefect balance for me. Can't wait to finish the rest.

3 weeks later
#2330 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I finished the last Episode of Andor a couple weeks ago. Went right into watching the movie Rogue One, tied in wonderfully, loved it

Did it come out earlier in other regions? Here in the states it didn’t release until this week.

1 week later
#2355 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Dark is even worse, but the story line is still good.

I'm loving 1899 so far. If you don't like subtitles, 1899 and Dark might be two of the worst possible shows for someone to watch.

#2360 1 year ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Ragnorak was all subtitles, and I still loved it. It's an uncanny valley to have the words out of sync with the lips.

I can't stand english dubs on a foreign show. The audio sync to the actors mouth is so distracting. Prevents me from enjoying the story.

#2364 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Especially once you decide that this is the case. To try and get accustomed to it would require an effort...
Seriously, it's not that hard to train yourself to not pay attention to the actors' lips. Concentrate on the shot framing and all that crap.
Also, it's your mother tongue, so always remember to capitalize English!

I'm good. Much prefer to hear the actor's native language. Would rather read than hear out of place english.

#2379 1 year ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Not a show for everyone, but my fav of the year by far. I enjoyed season 2 more than season 1.

Both seasons were great, but agree that season 2 was even better than the first. One of the best season finales I've seen in recent memory.

Also wrapped up season 1 of 1899... all I got to say is that was WILD.

1 week later
#2400 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

wife convinced me to watch yellowstone. 2 episodes in and i can tell the entire thing is going to be based on greed, killing over greed, and how rough the wilderness is in montana. not sure if im in.

IMO, season 1-3 are excellent. Just dumb exciting tv. Season 4 and 5 it's starting out stay its welcome.

4 weeks later
#2437 1 year ago

I've been watching Alice in Borderland on Netflix and have been loving it. The show does a great job of not revealing too much at once and keeping the viewer wanting to start the next episode right away.

1 week later
#2450 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Did that show have a planned ending or was it canceled?

It has a pretty definitive end. The last season is WILD.

5 months later
#2902 9 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Hard to believe anyone could recommend White Lotus. I've seen it pushed on Max and finally gave it a try. This is up there with the worst shows I have ever seen. Characters, plot, dialog and acting are all ghastly.

Different strokes for different folks. I thought both seasons of White Lotus were some of the best television I've seen in years. Hilarious dark comedy with a whodunnit aspect. Maybe try season 2, it's stand alone from season 1 except for one character.

4 months later
#3234 4 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Started watching squid game the challenge on Netflix. It’s actually not bad through 5 episodes.

Same here. The pacing is slow at times but overall I though it was a pretty good reality competition. Especially if you enjoyed the actual series.

1 week later
#3277 4 months ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Finished Squid Games Reality show… fucking awful waste of time.
Such a shame as the Korean version was so good.
I’m out next season Netflix.

Is there a Korean reality game show or are you referring to the original show?

1 month later
#3423 3 months ago

Half way through Severance. Loving it so far. It's like a mash up of Lost and Control (video game). Don't know why I waited so long to start this.

#3497 87 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

Ugh. I decided to watch the first two episodes of the new season of True Detective. I probably should have gone in expecting less, but my hopes were high because of how well done the previous seasons were (especially Season 1) and Jodie Foster being the star of this season. Hopefully its just me... These episodes are astonishingly bad. No redeeming value whatsoever. Be forewarned to go in with expectations at rock bottom and you might enjoy it more than me.

Episode 1 was really slow, but I thought episode 2 was excellent. I'm hooked. Love the setting and they are dangling some very intriguing story threads. It's not season 1, but this is more like 1 than season 2 and 3 were. Both of which I think are underrated solely because they are compared to season 1.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pch3727.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch?tu=pch3727 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.