pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
FARGO-Season-5-preview (resized).jpg
jer1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1934 (resized).png
2jk8jp7 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1881 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#473 5 years ago

I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to watching TV series so I try to be more selective as far as production quality. I've enjoyed The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, House of Cards (Seasons 1-4), Boardwalk Empire, Downton Abbey, The Crown, and Band of Brothers among others. CBS's Survivor has been my one network junk addiction, but my excuse is that I watch it as part of a group.

I'm currently digging The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Great writing, acting, and a wonderful retro 50's NYC setting. Won 8 Emmys after its first season.

Maisel_S1_Title._CB475430233_ (resized).jpgMaisel_S1_Title._CB475430233_ (resized).jpg

4 years later
#2877 8 months ago

Slow Horses on Apple TV+

British MI5 thriller series. Gary Oldman is excellent.

Apple_TV_Slow_Horses_key_art_graphic_header_4_1_show_home.jpg.og (resized).jpgApple_TV_Slow_Horses_key_art_graphic_header_4_1_show_home.jpg.og (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2946 8 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The second season of "The Bear" was even better than the first. Episodes 6 and 7 were standouts and I wouldn't be surprised if the show took home some Emmys this year. They really developed some of the secondary characters better this season and there were some excellent guest actors brought in as well. Highly recommended!

I dig The Bear including the many scenes of downtown Chicago. Brings back memories.

Episode 6: "Fishes" is ... something

1 month later
#3060 6 months ago

Just finished "Who is Erin Carter?" (one season/7 episodes on Netflix) and they might as well have entiltled this "The Adventures of Superwoman". The title character's ability to receive physical punishment and carry on as if nothing has happened is ... something else.

I realize that this is not a unique fantasy aspect among TV shows and movies too. Just growing increasingly tired of it as I try to find the next "good" series to watch.

#3065 6 months ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I also have trouble suspending disbelief enough to have any fun watching superhero or action films, regardless of the protagonist's sex and/or gender.
Understanding physics and probability sure puts a damper on accepting what these characters pull off with unbelievable frequency.
Hell, any gunshot wound will normally send the victim into shock. They wouldn't shake it off and continue after the baddies in real life!
And miraculous escape after miraculous escape is terribly hard to swallow, a la that 2012 doomsday movie. After five or six "yeah, right"s, I'm done.

Damn straight!

Oh for a series that acknowledges blunt trauma realistically rather than dumbing down the script!

1 week later
#3076 6 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I just watched Mr Inbetween for the 2nd time in the past 3 months.
It's really one of my favorite shows of all time. ...

Quoted from northerndude:

I also have Mr Inbetween as one of my all time favourites. Love it.

Needed a new show to watch.

Wife: I'm tired of seeing people getting beat up or killed.

Me: I understand Mr. Inbetween is good.

So we watched first two episodes.

Oops.

1 week later
#3101 6 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Almost done w Season 2 of The Bear, it isn't living up to the hype, for me anyways.

After enduring the "Fishes" episode, I thought Season 2 really finished strong starting with the following episode: "Forks".

3 weeks later
#3163 5 months ago

I'm digging Lessons in Chemistry so far ...

Lessons in Chemistry (resized).jpgLessons in Chemistry (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3198 4 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Someone mentioned “lessons in chemistry” on AppleTV, and MAN is that a great change from the Marvel and SW stuff we’ve been watching. ACTUAL science in a show! The story is pretty unusual too

Yep - agreed. Glad you're enjoying it!

2 months later
#3360 73 days ago

prequel dup

#3361 73 days ago

I've been watching the 2nd season. Ashamed to admit it as it's poorly written and so ridiculously implausible on so many levels.

When did Reacher join the Marvel Universe?

#3366 73 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What the hell man Reacher is great fun!

I guess. If you're only looking for cartoon level realism.

For example ... the supposed "pro" bad guys in Reacher make the stormtroopers in Star Wars look like crack shots.

#3375 73 days ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

And that's what she gets for reading!

lol

1 week later
#3501 60 days ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Started watching loudermilk. ..

Me too. Based on Episode 1, really liking it so far.

Excellent plot & dialog writing. Interesting characters. And ... Ron Livingston playing his best role since Band of Brothers!

1 month later
#3559 25 days ago

Just finished and enjoyed the third season of Slow Horses. Excellent writing and acting. Gary Oldman's character is both a delight and gross to watch. I wish all action/drama shows were this good.

Looking forward to the 4th season being released!

download (1) (resized).jpegdownload (1) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch?tu=Tuna_Delight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.