• 3,830 posts
  • 437 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by jrockne
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nick foot (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 20-55-22 Nose Boy Is Yet Another Bit From Dan Schneider That Seems Inappropriate Now (resized).png
IMG_2115 (resized).png
we-are-lady-parts-peacock-poster (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
5675773ab24117888a271de4334cd519 (resized).jpg
download.jpeg
Fallout (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Oscope.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#977 3 years ago

I discovered 2 sleeper shows on Netflix that I think are great

Travelers - SciFi time travelers with a very unique premise

Traitor - post WWI cloak and dagger with twists and turns

2 months later
#1096 3 years ago

A couple I haven’t seen mentioned:

Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton is fantastic

Fargo series by the same directors as the movie - S4 not so great but prior seasons very good

I also agree with the Banshee comments definitely a good watch

9 months later
#1286 2 years ago

Has anyone started watching the new Dexter reboot?

I liked the original series years ago and just noticed the new series based in New York instead of Florida...

Any thoughts?

1 week later
#1312 2 years ago

Clickbait on Netflix has been mentioned previously

Just finished the 8 episodes of 40 min each

Thought it was well done and liked the unique way that each episode focused on a different character

Was a lot better and different than what I initially expected

2 months later
#1494 2 years ago

Just finished ‘The Expanse’ on Amazon (6 Seasons)

One of the absolute best Space Sci-Fi Series

First class effects and innovative premise with interesting characters

Yes some seasons are better than others but overall a fine series and many of the space and battle scenes are super cool - hated to see it end

5 months later
#1965 1 year ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

So disappointed in this season of Umbrella Academy, almost unwatchable. Loved Mindhunter, wish they would continue it.

Totally agree about Umbrella Academy - they should just kill this series as S3 was so desperate for a plot why continue?

It’s an odd super hero show and I enjoyed S1 and S2 but it’s not for everybody - S3 was such a dud….what a shame

1 week later
#2072 1 year ago

OK - Just finished The Sandman (Netflix 1S-11E) If you are not a fan of the comics I have serious doubts that you will really like this series. Looked really promising - but just isn't up to par for me to give it a high recommendation. Appears set up for additional Season but it won't be at the upper part of my watch list.

I will say that I am enjoying Obi-Wan (Disney) & Rings of Power (Amazon) & House of the Dragon (HBO) - jury is still out since these are being released weekly but all three are looking very interesting......

2 months later
#2286 1 year ago

I ran across an interesting technical series with an episode including pinball

S1-E12 of 'Machines: How They Work' on Amazon

It's only about a 5 minute segment in the episode, but includes some excellent cut-away animation of WOZ

Check it out if you get a chance

#2300 1 year ago

I’m up to Ep-5 of The Peripheral on Amazon

Sci-Fi time travel with interesting storyline and characters including taking control of real body shells (peripherals) using virtual headset technology

Enjoying it so far and looks like a winner

#2313 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:sort of reminds me of Travelers on Netflix[quoted image]

Oh man - I really liked Travelers - couldn’t believe it got cancelled so quickly I hope they will reboot it someday

1 month later
#2406 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I watched the first couple episodes of the series The Recruit on Netflix. Kind of a Jack Ryan type character. Show is pretty quick paced with clever dialogue and some good humor mixed in. Liking it so far.

I finished up S1 and thought it was entertaining. Someone commented that it was predictable but I agree with your summary about the dialogue and clever situations too

The biggest hang-up for me was the over the top back-stabbing within the CIA teams so you have to suspend reality a bit there - just too much to be believed along with the lawyer super stunts too

1 month later
#2447 1 year ago

Another big thumbs up for "The English" on Amazon

The best western I have seen in a very long time and the plot, characters and scenery are spectacular.

It is very violent and gritty, but probably close to reality in those times.

1 month later
#2549 1 year ago

Several shows on Apple TV+ that my wife and I have enjoyed recently:

Bad Sisters - really surprised me - gotta love the women's Irish accents in this one and how they manage going backward in time segments to maintain suspense

Shrinking - Funny even with some really serious life situations

Ted Lasso - of course with last season run

5 months later
#3012 8 months ago

Just read that Peripheral S2 has been cancelled due to the strike and Amazon decided to kill the series

Personally I thought it was an interesting premise but no sense in others wasting time on a single season dead end

5 months later
#3432 3 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I LOVED it at first season, second was not awful and it went off the rails for me in three, can they reel it back in?

I totally agree. For good Series it seems tough to maintain level of excellence - Fargo went off the rails last season but I think they redeemed themselves with the latest

True Detective was great for S1 and then took a left turn in S2 and then largely recovered

Umbrella Academy took a dump last season to the extent I’m not sure I’m interested anymore

Strange how series producers lose their Mojo along the way and then have to come back to what made them good to start with….

4 weeks later
#3529 63 days ago

I just noticed and maybe it’s been there a while but Netflix has 3 Seasons of Warrior now available

I think normally this is only watchable with premium service ie. Showtime - this is a great series with an interesting historical backdrop

See it while you can …

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Oscope.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch?tu=Oscope and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.