pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
s-l1600aaa (resized).jpg
2222 (resized).jpg
s-l960 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jigs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#111 7 years ago

Preacher on AMC. I'm the Prop Master on the show, so I'm a bit biased.

We are halfway thru shooting Season 2, but Season 1 just landed on Hulu. Check it out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preacher_(TV_series)

skgazxbjed9ynb88xlh5 (resized).jpgskgazxbjed9ynb88xlh5 (resized).jpg

#152 7 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Being the prop master on preacher must be a somewhat fucked up job. Kudos. I read the whole series. A blast.

Haha, thanks. It's a wild time, crazy content and props, but it's a fun show. Great writers, great actors, great producers, just a great crew.

I prop another Sony show called "Underground" for WGN, we our airing our second season now. It's a good show, propping period pieces is a big task. A lot of good press on this show. Check it out.

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg

1 year later
5 months later
#509 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Preacher!!!
Currently my fav, can’t wait for it to return

Awesome! I’m the prop master on preacher. Thanks for watching!

#517 5 years ago

Yes it’s been a good 3 seasons on preacher my heart and blood and soul are in that show. So many crazy builds. Horses on rotisserie’s, god phones, anus harboring souls, soul sucking devices..
It was bittersweet to decline s4. The show went to Australia. My 13 year old son did not want to go and be uprooted from school. Very hard decision
Purge? I was also the prop master on the latest purge movie. Crazy ass franchise

3 years later
#1591 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Outer range on prime
Llewelln moss is back

haha. Did you like it?

I was prop master on that show.

1 week later
#1612 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

After falling asleep in every episode and shaking my head at so many cringe worthy stupid or poorly acted scenes, I'm just going to say it: Outer Range sucks. I wanted to like it, but it is just simply bad.

It was a challenging shoot. We were just in the heat of covid and the show had some big exterior locations in the middle of winter. I haven't watched the show, I saw most of it through dailies. But, I've been curious what people would think, so I've been looking at this thread to see if any pinheads are watching it.

I prepped the series and shot the first two episodes, staying on as supervising prop master for episodes 3 and 4. We had many of talks in the prop office about the show and it's mysteries. We had a great showrunner and I enjoy working in New Mexico... some of my best friends in the biz are there. But, I landed a big feature and left on good terms.

It's interesting to read the reviews coming in now, as they are on your side of the fence or they love it.

On a side note, Josh Brolin is one of the coolest guys out there. A real genuine dude.

1 month later
#1764 1 year ago

HA, good luck with that.
Finish Yellowstone, then head over for 1883. You have a lot of episodes to get through then.

And by the time you watch that, 1932 prequel will be out sometime next year. I just got the call to prop master it. Shoots Oct-Feb in Montana. I passed, I'm on a disney feature in Boston till late October. Also, after last winter in the US Rockies for Outer Range and then straight to the Canadian Rockies for Predator. I'm good on the mountain exteriors for a minute.

Also, if any Yellowstone fans are not aware S5 is being shot now.

#1780 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I think it'll be available early November.

Which one ? 1932? ( which I hear is changing names to 1923)

Or Yellowstone? If it’s Yellowstone. That is a good projected date, but they are just now starting ep 503, let me just say that from what I know there could be delays.

#1781 1 year ago

I think the season is done. It's been 8 each year.

That’s the Sony way. They started that 8 episode rule in 2016 due to market studies. I was doing a 10 episode run for Preacher S2 and we got the shift mid season. Good times

#1786 1 year ago

OMG, you did Preacher? I know it's weird, and got real weird (well the books are also!) But one of my fav's!!!!

I was the prop master for the first 3 seasons. My son was around 12 when it went to Australia for the 4th season, which he didn’t want me to do. So I had to decline, it was tough, I loved that show and poured my heart into some whacky ass props.

#1787 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Preach! I love Preacher! I generally pass on shoot-em-ups, but Preacher goes hyper-violent and becomes a parody of violence. And the rest of the time it is indeed very weird, not to mention irreverent. Rewatched the whole series recently, and I even play the soundtrack on Spotify from time to time.

The soundtrack is great. We had a blast on that one. I still have a phone to god on my desk at home. Thrilled to hear you and others enjoyed it. It was a trip.

#1789 1 year ago

I built an edible horse on a rotisserie in 3 days once. I also in the same episode built an exploded anus that spit out o vile of someone’s soul, to mention a few.

I learned early on that Sam Catlin and Seth Rogen loved penis shaped things.

Look at s2 episodes 1 or 2. When Tulip kills the guy with a wedding chapel buzzer. Look at it upside down.

#1797 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I am going to binge watch preacher this weekend. To the prop master!
I have read the entire comic run years ago and Loved it. [quoted image]

Sweet! I'll dig through my prop warehouse when I'm back in November. I've got a few screen used items for fans like you guys.

2 weeks later
#1830 1 year ago
Quoted from fuzz:

South Beach Tow
Bernice rules!

The only thing I’ll watch!

Not sure you want to be outed, but fuzz is a heavy weight prop master.

2 months later
#2198 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

There was a point where I felt that Fear TWD had actually become better than the original, but that show has devolved into crap as well. The most recent storyline with the nukes is beyond stupid! I haven't even bothered watching the most recent spinoff with the teenagers.

I found myself as the prop master on the newest season of FTWD. Not going to argue your point above. I really enjoyed working with this group and as an outsider, they have been very welcoming and professional. Consider giving the new season a watch.

3 weeks later
#2242 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

guys be careful with those "grey market" apps. At least make sure you use a VPN

This and possibly pay for the content. Some of us make our living making the content.

#2259 1 year ago

You must have made some crazy stuff with all the “fallout suits” and what have you. Very nice. This season for Fear is very weird but you must have made a lot of oddball shit for it! Cool.

I’m currently filming S8. I didn’t work on S7, I just want to clarify. Current to me season, I guess!

I’m interested in what your laid up buddy thinks of Preacher. I had a blast on that show.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jigs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch?tu=Jigs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.