2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
s-l1600aaa (resized).jpg
2222 (resized).jpg
s-l960 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
download (1) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EternitytoM83.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1190 2 years ago

I'm sure it's been mentioned before and I'm just really late to the party, but I recently started watching Peaky Blinders and I didn't stop until I had devoured all the available episodes.

2 weeks later
#1209 2 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Just finished Only Murders in the Building (Hulu), it was surprisingly good.

Finished it? There's one more episode to go!

But yes, it's really really good. The three leads are fantastic together.

10 months later
#1912 1 year ago

Only Murders in the Building season 2 was still great.

#1975 1 year ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Just now watching Sandman. Boring! 4 episodes so far of breathy whipers, angst, far away looks. I've read his graphic novels, and it's just as boring. Desatured 90s color grading, too. I know I'm in the minority. They should have done Kingdom Come instead.

I'm a big fan of Gaiman's novels and short fiction, and I'm sort of right there with you. I think the show is beautifully made, but I just can't quite bring myself to give a crap about what happens to this character.

I'll finish it because I'm a completist like that; we'll see if it manages to get me more invested after more episodes.

#1990 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Ok, I just watched the diner episode of Sandman. I really liked it. But I like shows and episodes that are slow burns and build up the tension. My wife said it was her favorite episode to date. So, it just shows that tastes are different. Form your own opinion.

You know, I think the diner was the turning point for me as well. After watching that episode and the following episode last night, I'm finally into this show.

1 week later
#2083 1 year ago

Watched the first few episodes of The Patient on Hulu last night. Safe to say I'm hooked.

#2096 1 year ago

Another vote for The Expanse, if you like harder sci-fi.

2 weeks later
#2161 1 year ago

Well it's almost October, what are the horror fans excited about?

The Midnight Club on Netflix looks promising. I might also go for a rewatch of Flanagan's series from last year, Midnight Mass. So good. The Haunting of Hill House is also fantastic, but I don't think Bly Manor will ever find itself on my rewatch list.

#2174 1 year ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Kinda like "The Walking Dead", was an AWESOME show until, apparently, they fired the writers and hired middle school students to write the rest. Unbelievable how they F'd that show. I sucked it up until Rick left...couldn't sit through it after that..sad..

That's about the time I gave up on it, but I had been forcing myself to keep watching for a while before that. Too bad they couldn't have let it reach a satisfying conclusion instead of continuing to milk it long after the cow was dead.

1 month later
#2284 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Been watching Cabinet of Curiosities on Netflix. Just finished episode 4. Great anthology so far. Each episode has found a different way to creep me out. I'm a big fan of phycological horror but not so much over the top gore. This has had the prefect balance for me. Can't wait to finish the rest.

I'm down to the last episode and I've probably enjoyed it more than any of the other new Halloween-time content I've watched this year. Maybe a little campier than I was expecting at times? The vibe I get is sort of a cross between Tales from the Crypt and Alfred Hitchcock Presents.

Quoted from jitneystand1:

Just finished The Patient on FX/Hulu. We’ve watched a lot of really good television this year, this might be the best of all

The performances in this were really great. It took me a while to realize who Domhnall Gleeson even was.

1 month later
#2352 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I’m at about Ep 6 of the show “1899”
All I can say is WHAT THE FUCK!?

I stopped after the first episode because it was very distracting how, even with only two speaking characters in a scene, one might be speaking English and the other might be dubbed. I guess it bothers me when words don't match mouths. Maybe it's better with subtitles?

2 months later
#2486 1 year ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

So is it necessary to watch the Boba Fett series before going into the new Mandolorian series? I heard that Fett wasn't too great, but if you want to know the ongoing fate of the little green rotter after he went off with THE Luke Skywalker, you would have to watch it.

You probably at least need to watch episodes 5-7. Episodes 5-6 are basically episodes of The Mandalorian.

4 months later
#2908 9 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I agree about the Negan/Maggie show, not much happening. They ran out of ideas a long time ago. The zombies don't change so they just keep creating new enemies.

Weren't there some "smart" zombies in the final season of TWD that were figuring out how to climb and stuff? Did the writers just forget about that?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EternitytoM83.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch?tu=EternitytoM83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.