By rai

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nick foot (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 20-55-22 Nose Boy Is Yet Another Bit From Dan Schneider That Seems Inappropriate Now (resized).png
IMG_2115 (resized).png
we-are-lady-parts-peacock-poster (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
5675773ab24117888a271de4334cd519 (resized).jpg
download.jpeg
Fallout (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deaconblooze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#201 7 years ago

I've been seeing some promos for a Bernie Madoff docudrama. Deniro is playing Madoff, and he looks to do a great job. HBO starting next Sunday.

#203 7 years ago

I'm not familiar. Here's the link for the trailer. I guess it's actually a movie, not a series. It also gets released on May 20th, not next week.

10 months later
#272 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

for those that did not like stranger things check out Dark on netflix. i liked stranger things but dark was much better IMO
another great one is godless, one of the best westerns in a very long time.

Dark did look VERY similar. What did you feel that Dark did well that Stranger Things didn't? I loved Stanger Things, is there a reason that I wouldn't like Dark?

Godless does look good. I plan to pick that one up soon. I might start on that and let Westworld get a few episodes in before I start the new season... but I probably won't be able to keep myself away.

#281 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've never seen a single episode of SoA. For some reason, it just never appealed to me, but I'd be willing to give it a shot just for Walton Goggins. Was he in a lot of episodes? One show that he was in that is definitely worth watching is The Shield.

Skip it. I watched all of it but it really dropped off quickly. Its very moody and overdramatic, there's a lot better tv out there. If you're interested in the motorcycle gang genre it may hold your interest for a while, but I doubt for the duration of the series.

8 months later
#459 5 years ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

I'm a big fan of Kidding.

Seconded. Carrey is a really solid actor, and hes perfect for the role. It's a really interesting show.

2 months later
#483 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was thinking the same thing. With each show having dozens of people involved in front of behind the scenes. It’s probably easier than ever to get a job in TV.
Just to show how bad TV can get. Norm MacDonald had a talk show. I figure how bad can it be? I watched a bit it was Norm talking to David Spade almost like Norm would say “tell the story about this and such” and David goes “I don’t remember that how did it go?” And Norm would promt David about the story.
Talk about a low bar of entry for a TV show. I’ve seen better production on some podcasts.

I thought it was hilarious, but I'm a big norm fan. Even his closest friends dont know whether hes doing a bit or an actual show. I hope you watched that episode to the end at least.

#496 5 years ago

I've watched both, and Sopranos is superior to breaking bad in every way. I think Sopranos is the best show ever.

The Wire is a really good watch that holds up if you haven't seen it yet.

I'm currently watching Escape at Dannemora. Sort of a slow burn, but good overall (so far).

Sharp Objects was really good. Highly recommended. I also love the limited series format, you dont have yo worry about it dragging out.

I started watching The Americans, but we stopped near the beginning of S2. Worth picking back up?

I think I just hate the arc of the modern TV drama.. big open, lots of nothing, build up to a finale, repeat.

1 week later
#524 5 years ago

I watched the first episode of Dark last night based on this thread's recommendation. Seems like it could be interesting. I'll stick with it.

Mindhunter has been mentioned, but it's worth a watch if it slipped you by. I also watched the Ted Bundy Tapes based on a recommendation. It was much better than I thought. It's only 4 episodes, and an incredible story. I can't believe it all played out like it did.

3 weeks later
#550 5 years ago

The guy in Free Solo actually did a critique of all the famous hollywood climbing scenes. He was pretty relaxed about it, didn't pick them apart too bad, and even some of the more gratuitous stuff he'd say something like "totally unrealistic, but so rad".

3 weeks later
#569 5 years ago

Drew Barrymore peaked at 6.

3 months later
#634 4 years ago

Thanks for keeping Dark on my list. I watched the first episode. I thought it seemed intriguing, but just takes a bit more motivation to keep the series going because of how much attention I have to dedicate. Narcos was similar because of the subtitles. I quite liked that series, but I haven't picked it back up after S2.

I'm guilty of putzing around in my laptop or throwing some darts while I watch some shows, at least until they really grab me with a reason to completely dedicate my attention. I love sports for that reason... easy to get something else done while I watch a game, and take time to pay attention to the key moments. If I were to actually watch 162 full games of baseball each year - that's sitting on my ass for 20 literal 24 hour days.

A series is usually much less of a commitment, but I feel like I've been burned on quite a few over my time when all was said and done. Dark does seem like a good one to get into, so I'll give it the time.

6 months later
#706 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I'll be #2 then. Soprano's is the best TV show ever made. Breaking Bad is a very, very close second.
If you're looking a couple of comedies I recommend Curb your enthusiasm and Veep. Veep has the funniest one liners and putdowns you'll ever hear. Curb is a more neurotic version of Seinfeld.

Also a big recommendation for Sopranos. I liked BB ok, but it's not on the same level to me.

1 week later
#724 4 years ago

Alright, I've never seen Doctor Who. The idea of picking up the entire series is daunting.. Where should I start? How committed do I need to be to the entire series to make it worth it?

#728 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I am leaning towards Orange is the New Black and would like to watch Mandolorian, but I don't want to pay for anything else and that is my limiting factor right now.

Then skip Mandalorian for now, or plan to watch it all in a month (or trial) and cancel. There's really not anything else worth watching on Disney+ yet.

Netflix has a lot of good stuff. Stranger Things is a must watch, but there's enough to keep most people busy for a long time.

#736 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Wifey and I watched season 1 of Castle Rock last year.
We just finished crushing season 2, well holy crap was that well done!!!! Very happy with it, and also a fantastic tie in to the movie “Misery”

So how much Stephen King do you need to be familiar with for the series to be worth a watch? I know some, but I haven't seen/read the majority of his work.

2 months later
#765 4 years ago

Currently watching "Maniac" on Netflix. I'd give it a C-. It's not great. I'm still going to finish it out, because 70% of the way in I feel like I need a payoff. I'd recommend skipping it at the moment. If I don't chime back in to suggest otherwise, assume that stands.

I've been pretty vocal that, while I liked Breaking Bad, I think it's overrated. If you liked it and haven't seen the Sopranos or The Wire, you need to watch both of those next. If you only have time for one series and haven't seen any of them, Sopranos is the clear winner for me -- watch that.

I just finished re-watching Sopranos for the 3rd time. I played it in the background while working on PC and pinball stuff. I caught a lot I hadn't noticed or didn't remember in previous viewings. I think it's the best TV program ever made, and for me it's not particularly close.

4 months later
#836 3 years ago

What We Do in the Shadows is a pretty solid comedy.

2 months later
#919 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

We watched the first three episodes of The Vow on HBO yesterday. It's an in depth look into the NXIVM cult. I found the documentary to be compelling and very well made, but it does move a bit slow. I can't fathom how they have enough material for another six hours.

I've watched most of it, maybe 2 more to go? HBO series docs are normally really good. This isn't an exception, but there really isn't that much more compelling material to warrant more than the 3 episodes you've already watched... plus, the case is unfolding in real-time, so it's not much of a mystery as to how it resolves.

1 month later
#949 3 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Mad Dogs on Amazon has been a wild ride so far (I'm 7 episodes in and loving it)

I fell off around that point when I watched a few years ago. Started really good, and I love imperioli, but I just lost interest.

#953 3 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Finished it off last night, I thought it was pretty great and well worth watching. My wife dropped out around episode 5 so you aren't alone, but I respectfully disagree with both of you

Wives dont usually agree with me, but when they do, it's someone else's.

1 week later
#971 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I think mind hunter is awesome but sadly looks like two seasons and done.

Why do you say that? It certainly seemed like they were setting up other seasons based on the story. Was it canceled?

4 weeks later
#1035 3 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Watched the first episode of WandaVision on Disney+ the other night and it was awful, didn’t even bother to watch the second episode. I have to believe this is some sort of in-between realities or afterlife dream sequence that eventually evolves into something more, but if so they need to move the story along quickly cause I have a hard time believing people will enjoy it in it’s current state.

I'm not much of a marvel fan, but did see all of the Avengers movies. Those characters were really tough to watch for me, so I'm pretty surprised they got some weird spinoff.

3 weeks later
#1056 3 years ago

Have you watched Curb your Enthusiasm?

#1060 3 years ago

Succession is one I've been binging lately. I didn't really expect to like it as much as I do. I kept hearing solid recommendations around here so gave it a shot. Thanks for that!

#1069 3 years ago

Finished out Succession, big recommendation from me as someone who wasn't really all that interested in the setting.

2 weeks later
#1073 3 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Also I enjoy Saturday night live, but I would suggest improvements. Like both music direction and skit writing.
Overall a great show, IMO.

You'll see some changes at SNL soon. The cast there is really good, but they're starting to break into other projects.

It doesn't get any better than Beck Bennett as far as I'm concerned. That guy is a riot.

5 months later
#1154 2 years ago

I really liked Narcos, but I trailed off after S2. I keep meaning to check out the rest of the series (and Mexico), but the subtitles are a bit of a barrier for me.

#1158 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Started watching Soprano's, man 6 seasons will keep us busy for awhile!! Love me the Mob!!

My favorite series of all time, and it's not particularly close.

2 weeks later
#1173 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Going to watch the whole thing now.

And that was the last time anyone ever saw Azmodeus

1 week later
#1182 2 years ago

The Other Two. Pretty funny so far, has a little in common with It's Always Sunny and some others I can't quite pin down.

2 weeks later
#1187 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I watched Weeds when it first came out and have been going through them again for the last couple of weeks. I had forgotten that there were 8 seasons; looking back it seemed like there were only 4 or maybe 5. Now I realize why I had forgotten the last few seasons: they suck. I mean they really suck. Weeds was actually pretty good for the first 3 or 4 seasons and is insanely, repugnantly, dreadfully bad in the last four seasons. So if you watch it, seriously consider putting it down after the first four seasons.

Yeah I think I got through part of the 5th or something, and then it became unwatchable. Shameless is another one I dropped and never looked back.

3 months later
#1348 2 years ago

The Righteous Gemstones is pretty funny. If you've seen anything else with Danny McBride, you'll know what to expect.

#1351 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I thought Vice Principals was hilarious!

Then this will be right up your alley!

Eastbound and Down is the other one in the same tone.

1 week later
#1368 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Peacemaker on HBO has been really good so far. R rating, good humor, lots of action. It's everything I wish the MCU would be.

Is it like the boys?

#1380 2 years ago

The Pacific is also on my list. I haven't gotten to that one yet. Band of Brothers was great.

#1383 2 years ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but "The Righteous Gemstones ". I laugh by myself just thinking about last episode.
Danny McBride really delivering.

Mcbride really only has one character, but he does it so well.

Vice principals and eastbound and down are similar shows.

#1399 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm maybe 6-7 episodes into the first season. I watched the adam savage making of, really cool simple techniques for doing great special effects on a budget. I like the premise, but I find the storyline to be SO boring and dry.

That reminds me, Adam Savage has a series on his YouTube channel, one day builds. He's incredibly talented. It both motivates me and makes me feel lazy at the same time.

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

We finally got around to watching succession. It's as good as everybody says it is.
Really a great show[quoted image]

The great thing about succession is it sort of shocks you in the first episode, you should know right away if you like it or not.

4 weeks later
#1432 2 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

anybody watch the ranch - i saw about 10 minutes of it and i thought it was pretty funny. has great actors - thanks ed

I didn't see much more than 10m either, but it seemed OK to me too at the time. Danny Masterson is really funny, but he's got an unfortunate personal life. They pulled him from the series.

1 week later
#1451 2 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Anyone else a fan of I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson on Netflix? Check it out if you like over-the-top silly absurd sketch comedy...
[quoted image]

I just started this yesterday, really funny. It's definitely not going to be for everyone, though.

#1461 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I watched the first 2 seasons, it was ok but (to me) was quite unbelievable there having a knife or fist fight and people will be knocked unconscious and have very little after effects if they are a main character.
I would love this normally like a UK version of The Godfather or Sopranos but it just didn’t seem plausible to me.

That "knock out" thing is used constantly in tv and movies and always bothers me. The butt end of a gun doesn't just work like a pause button.

1 week later
#1487 2 years ago

Here comes the "snl isn't funny anymore" crowd!

1 week later
#1505 2 years ago

justwatch.com is a great site in today's world where we have so many different channels and streaming options. Just search the name of the show and it will show you what viewing options exist:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1528 2 years ago

Martin Short is pretty hit or miss for me, but that character was perfect for him.

2 weeks later
#1534 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Very old news but I'm finally watching all of Stranger Things. I had only seen a few episodes from 1 - 3, now I'm catching all I missed.
Really enjoying it! As a product of that era, many memories coming back to me.

Not at all the same, but Freaks and Geeks is another show that nails the authenticity of kids. A must watch, especially with it being only a single season.

1 month later
#1669 1 year ago

We're really enjoying the new season of Stranger Things through 4 episodes. I'm really impressed with how well the duffer brothers have maintained the feel of the show while keeping the story moving forward. Really entertaining, but a lot darker than previous seasons.

1 week later
#1747 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

I read the book years ago but I'm pretty sure season 1 is the entire original story. Seasons 2-5 are what you get when Hulu needs to make more money

Yep, I read the book as well. I think all of it was covered in season 1, except the epilogue stuff.

2 weeks later
#1769 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Just finished The Night Of. Pretty good.

That was a good one. I really would have liked to see what it would have been like with Gandolfini, but Torturro did a great job.

#1773 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Was Gandolfini supposed to be in The Night Of before he died?

Yep. The part was written for him, and he's credited as a producer.

#1775 1 year ago

I ran out of episodes of The Boys. Apparently it's a weekly installment.

1 week later
#1800 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I really enjoyed the final two episodes of the season.

Same here. Stranger things is really solid in all aspects. Casting doesn't normally get a ton of credit, but they nailed it.

#1813 1 year ago

I think the acting is incredible by practically all parties.

The complaints about Will being whiny are kind of confusing to me. He's gay in a time where that's still very taboo (and apparently still enough so that people are complaining about it being a storyline). He was forced out of his childhood by a traumatic experience, and desperately wants things to go back to the way they used to be, but everyone else has moved on. The opposite sex complicates that childhood innocence, and I think we all know that. It's logical that he would want to hold off on experiencing that next stage in life for fear of losing those people that have been closest to him.

All that, and he's being held hostage by a supernatural entity that uses him as a vessel for its bidding.

I've seen more whining here about luxury toys getting dimples.

#1820 1 year ago

Glad I called that guy

1 month later
#1895 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

If your the opposite of his target audience probably one show was enough?I like to hear other viewpoints.
Now I can without a doubt state Jimmy Kimmel is not funny but does pander and fixate very well!
The dude was funny when he worked with Adam Corolla.Jimmy the hypocrite!!!

I used to listen to the Carolla podcast all the time years ago. It was a long form show and I had a lot of drive time. It was good, but started to get repetitive. I heard all of his stories. I still listened depending on the guest, but eventually he seemed to find his core audience with political stuff.

What might be entertaining is if Jimmy and Adam teamed up again to talk through issues from their respective sides.

Late night is pretty much dead to me now that Letterman is done. Craig Ferguson was really underrated, especially at that super late night spot.

#1897 1 year ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

The old Loveline stuff is the best. Great dynamic between he and Dr Drew.
Got to meet Adam at a meet and greet for his Mangria many years back. Never tasted it, ended up giving the bottle away

Yep, that was a good one too.

He also had a show on DIY network where he fixed up his dad's place. Pretty entertaining, especially if you'd heard him talk about his buddies before. Ray does not disappoint.

#1915 1 year ago

I'm rewatching Band of Brothers. It's my wife's first watch. It's such an intense and important series. Really well done if you're up for it.

2 weeks later
#2057 1 year ago

justwatch.com works well to determine available streaming/rental services, but I get the value of listing it in your review to help others. Some of these shows may be available on more than one service, so that's something to keep in mind.

I watched the first 2 episodes of the new GOT series (HBO Max) with my wife. We were both big fans of the original series up until the final few episodes (like everyone else). I didn't think I'd be all that interested in a prequel, knowing how it all ends, but the world is still interesting and the characters are pretty good already. Not for the faint of heart though, this series is absolutely brutal to watch at times.

#2091 1 year ago

A few suggestions for the best 'space' show that still holds up would be appreciated. Battlestar Gallactica? STTNG? The Expanse? Something else? I've seen Firefly and thought it was fine. I'm big into Star Wars but never got too into the TV stuff. I've seen STTNG randomly through the years and it was fine. It feels like kind of a commitment to slog through a 90s show, but if it's really still worth it I'd be in. If there's something that's better that's what I'd prefer.

#2102 1 year ago

Thanks for the suggestions! It sounds like The Expanse is worth my time, so I'll plan to start there.

#2106 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

We need another Deadwood!
There’s a show on AHC called Gunslingers.The episode last night was about Seth Bullock.The HBO series really has a lot of historical facts in it.I was late to the party but I loved it and was sorry when I had to leave!Warrior on HBO max is coming back and I can’t wait

How about Godless on netflix? I haven't seen it, but it looked promising.

1 week later
#2136 1 year ago

I haven't seen Rings of Power, but I'm loving House of the Dragon. I really didn't expect to be that interested in the universe again after the original series, particularly in a prequel. I think it's really well done, but it is brutal.

#2159 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

But you have to be kidding with 'Fleabag' at number 5. Ahead of Seinfeld, Cheers, Mash, The Office, Big Bang Theory etc. I mean it's fine but it's not much more than average IMO

I mostly agree with the dramas - Sopranos is one for me by quite a bit. Perfectly done characters, writing, pacing, setting, directing.. just great all around. No better show, and I've seen all the contenders.

Pretty good list as I continue to scroll. But some of those recent smart comedy shows feel like they need some time to bake before they can overtake infinitely rewatchable comedy shows like Seinfeld or The Office.

#2160 1 year ago

60 days in (some seasons on hulu, some on netflix) - it's actually incredible to watch for at least a season or two. Most people never get to (have to) see how jail actually operates. The premise of just dropping random innocents into a jail setting is like something out of chapelle show. The way some people adapt, or fail to adapt, can be really interesting. You can draw your own conclusions as to whether confinement is effective.

#2168 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:SPOILER -
Yeah I'm kind of in same thoughts. I just had to read what the king has - it says he has a form of Leprosy so that would be a long slow death.
That new Ranera - meh.

I figured the king had greyscale, like Jorah from the original series. I really don't remember how that played out.

Agree with the comments on Ranera. The queen's new actress is pretty uncanny, actually. Ranera seems to have aged more than anyone in the series, and overall seems to be a downgrade.

#2178 1 year ago

TWD was appointment tv for us for years. We stopped watching when only a couple major original cast members were left.. around the whisperer era? I can't remember what they were called. We were even watching the after show.

They got really into building a universe and a brand while the show simultaneously suffered. Amazing how far it fell, but yet remains pretty culturally relevant. At least the machine is good!

The other show we just gave up on was lost. We watched all but the last season. I guess the penultimate season drained our interest hard. We tried picking it up where we left it, but the interest just isn't there, and now there's just too much other good stuff out there.

1 week later
#2207 1 year ago

What's the original game? Volley?

#2209 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

If you’re a sports fan, Winning Time on HBO Max is so far very good.
It’s about The Los Angeles Lakers success story starting in the late 70’s.

This is the only post I could find on this one. I've been binging it over the last week, and it's pretty great. Recommended!

3 weeks later
#2250 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Daryls house free on you tube featuring amazing musicians

Yes, that's a really great show. Great for a Friday/Saturday night.

1 week later
#2275 1 year ago

I burned through Severance (apple) in a few days. Really interesting. Some moments in there that will stick with me for a while. Adam Scott exceeded expectations.

For those with younger kids, Bluey (disney/disney+) is the most entertaining kid-focused show I've ever seen. Everyone in the house loves it, including me.

#2276 1 year ago

Dupe

1 month later
#2383 1 year ago
Quoted from tomservo:

"Clarkson's Farm", streaming on Amazon. A bit contrived, but pretty entertaining. Jeremy Clarkson is probably much more well-known in the UK than in the US.
I also liked "Big Timber" on Netflix. Much more contrived than Clarkson's Farm. It's pretty unbelievable how the boss, Kevin, just happens to have every fix, tool, piece of equipment, and the know-how to get him out of any situation. But much like Clarkson's Farm, I just kept watching. If there's a Season 3, I'll watch that, too.

Clarkson's Farm is great. The only reason I stopped watching was to include my wife, who finds Clarkson equally as hilarious as I do.

#2385 1 year ago
Quoted from tomservo:

I chalk that up to producer interference

There's at least a chance Clarkson will punch a(nother) producer in the face.

3 weeks later
#2416 1 year ago

It hasn't premiered yet, but The Last Of Us has all the makings of something great - some proven source material (video game), real actors (Pedro Pascal has been convincing), and a sizable budget with HBO.

1 week later
#2431 1 year ago

It's been a while, but really true to the video game through the first episode. I'm curious how far the first game they take us in this season.

1 month later
#2490 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Will be interesting to hear what you think. Great atmosphere and cast, but I always found myself dozing off during episodes and seemed like they could never really deliver on the premise (which is admittedly awesome). Got too loopy for me in Season 3 and I bailed.

My wife bailed at the same point. I've been meaning to revisit solo.

Season 1 was amazing though.

#2503 1 year ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Didn't see that anyone posted it, just finished Full Swing on Netflix. It was pretty good, although probably it will appeal most to golfers and golf fans. Yes the LIV situation is covered well enough, but it doesn't become all about that. The focus is more on the players themselves, sort of as golf-centered human interest stories. Its basically Drive to Survive, but about golf instead of F1 racing.
The new season of Drive to Survive just hit also, watched one so far. Its ok, also probably better for F1 or car racing fans. Lots more action than the golf show with cars going around fast and crashing all over the place.

The Joel Dahmen episode is great. He's my new favorite golfer

1 week later
#2536 1 year ago

I suggest justwatch.com. Even if I tell you where I found something, it doesn't mean it's going to be there tomorrow, and it doesn't mean it's not also available on multiple other streaming services.

2 months later
#2715 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yep, I get that. I had to try 4 times and finally completely bereft of other shows, put it on while I was rebuilding my office, and something finally clicked.

Good to know. I've tried to start about 3x now. It's got everything I like, but it does feel really slow. I'll plan to give it another shot

#2735 10 months ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Creating new old memories with this device today.
70 bucks and it plays and includes all games through ps1.

This is the thread you're looking for!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium/page/58#post-7606275

1 month later
#2889 9 months ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

Just finished the final season of
The Other Two on Max.
3 seasons of ten 30min episodes.
I need more 30min comedies to watch now.[quoted image]

I liked the first 2 seasons. Started the 3rd and just didn't really feel like continuing.

2 weeks later
#2986 8 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I just watched 2 episodes of ‘Beef’ on Netflix. Still on the fence if it’s worth watching.

I watched the whole thing and I'm still on the fence.

#2994 8 months ago

Winning Time is back on HBO for S2. Great show.

1 week later
#3020 8 months ago

It should be a lot easier to catch the attention of a streaming service via petition than network tv. Worth a shot. I'm still pissed they canceled mindhunter

1 month later
#3089 7 months ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Been a few years since anyone here mentioned The Good Place. I just rewatched it and had forgotten how clever a lot of it was!

Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Yeah, it is too much work , how can one be expected to go to all the trouble to type "Hulu" or "Netflix"?
Even if it saves dozens or hundreds of others from having to Google it or whatever. They wanna watch your suggestion, they can look for it.
And I'm sure no one wants to piss off people months or years in the future who are too dim to realize that shows move between services.
/s
You guys who would rather everyone look things up themselves, here's a word to look up: Courtesy

1 week later
#3127 6 months ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

finished ashoka, man that was disappointing. watched 2 of the 3 continental episodes. I like the style, setting, and the music, but its just not that interesting.
loki 2 drops this evening.. I hope its as good as the 1st season.

12 year old me would never believe that I could ever be behind in Star Wars content, and mostly apathetic about it.

#3132 6 months ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

andor and the mandalorian, are good. obiwan and book of bobba fett were ok. ashoka was meh. I can't believe they are going to make a movie out of it.. possibly the most interesting character in ashoka passed away (In real life).
I have not watch the animated stuff. I am sure some of its is good.

I've seen all of Mando. That was pretty good. Obiwan was mostly bad, and boba fett was pretty forgettable. Andor looks like one that I would enjoy. We actually started that one with the kids and decided to pull the plug after some pretty dark themes became apparent.

The kids are excited to watch Ahsoka. I am not. I watched the Clone Wars cartoon movie and wasn't a fan. I've heard from a lot of sources the cartoon show is actually good, but I haven't been able to get myself to start it.

1 week later
#3154 6 months ago

Winning Time on max was great, loved the cast, characters, and the stylized shots. Really disappointed to see it canceled after 2 seasons.

1 month later
#3262 4 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I confess I have never in my life seen one episode of Doctor Who and have no remote idea what the premise of the show is about.
(whoops, wrong thread, lol)

It's also pretty tough to know where to start.

1 month later
#3462 3 months ago

S5 was probably my favorite. The one with Jesse plemmons and Kirsten dunst was also great.

2 months later
#3761 10 days ago

There's a VR port of FO4 that was really lazy, but the modding community has improved significantly. If anyone is intrigued by the show and wants to give a game a try, PCVR would be a really fun way to do that if you have the capability.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deaconblooze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch?tu=Deaconblooze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.