s-l1600aaa (resized).jpg
2222 (resized).jpg
s-l960 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
download (1) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
FARGO-Season-5-preview (resized).jpg
There are 3,766 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 76.
#1 7 years ago

I love Lost, Sopranos, Breaking Bad etc..

I love BB now but at first I couldn't get into the first 2 episodes but after I tried and forced myself into the series I was hooked.

I am looking maybe for something that I need to force myself to watch but will grab me if I push on.

I am confident I'll love TWD and GOT but I'm waiting for a while to binge watch those.

I was trying to find a TV show to begin that I'd not seen before. Looking at Amazon Prime or Netflix

I watched ''The night of' 'Goliath' and both seasons of 'Fargo' first two were ok Fargo both were good.

Season one of 'Better call Saul' was just ok not sure if I'll watch any more.

Was curious if I should give these shows any more chances?

Liked the first True Dective but only watched one episode of the second because it seemed lame.

I started to watch a cop show called 'The Killing' and was halfway into season one and just kind of gave up because they were working in too many plot twists like the political aspect which seemd forced.

I watched 2 episodes of 'Mad Men' and while it's well done, I have not seen any skin at all and seems like a 'Desperate Housewives' set on the 50's. I will give it a try but not sure if it's going to get any better. Not sure if I should continue.

Watched 2 episodes of 'The man in the high castle' which I should like but I have not got into the characters like I just don't care that much about them. Not sure if I should continue.

I just watched the pilot of 'Twin Peaks' has potential but I'm not sure if I want to push on.

Watched one episode of 'Dark Angle' not sure if I should continue

Watched season one of House of Cards after they killed Kate Mara in the second season.

One episode do 'Shameless'

Three episodes of 'Halt and catch fire'

#2 7 years ago

What about Westworld?

#3 7 years ago

I'm not much of a TV person, but I completely fell for Bates Motel. Not a lot of buzz about the show, however it is fantastic!!

Brian

#4 7 years ago

Marco Polo on Netflix

#5 7 years ago

Legion. I just finished the first season on FX. One of the best shows on TV right now IMO. Unlike anything else.

#6 7 years ago

Were watching prison break now. We're in the 3rd season and is good. They just restarted the 5th season last week.
The Expanse, The 100 and The last ship are all good shows

#7 7 years ago

Stranger Things on Netflix

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Marco Polo on Netflix

I heard that was good. But doesn't it not get renewed and finished? I thought it leave you with a non complete ending

#9 7 years ago

Better Call Saul

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

What about Westworld?

I'm getting my Apple TV so I can watch HBO go that will be a good option.

I'm like halfway through 'Bardwalk Empire' not sure if it's ant good, certainly it's not as good as Sopranos

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Better Call Saul

Watched season one was just ok, wanted it to be more intense like BB it's more milk toast.

Also not crazy about old actors playing characters that are supposed to be decades younger.

#12 7 years ago

I will watch a series that's just starting I prefer a complete series so I can binge watch.

#13 7 years ago

Into the Bad Lands AMC also available on Netflix. Swords, blood and glory

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Watched season one was just ok, wanted it to be more intense like BB it's more milk toast.
Also not crazy about old actors playing characters that are supposed to be decades younger.

Season 2 is a lot better. He starts to become the Saul goodman we all know and love

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Season 2 is a lot better. He starts to become the Saul goodman we all know and love

I just wish Mike wasn't so old he's starting to look like Gollum.

#16 7 years ago

I don't like starting a show until a good ways into the series, that way I don't have to wait years. The top 10 series you should watch, and starting now is:

Game of thrones (only two seasons left)
House of cards
Walking dead
Marcos
Stranger things
Better call Saul
Westworld
Halt and catch fire

Those are must see series. Below are decent series:

Sons of anarchy
West wing

#17 7 years ago

Mr Robot, awsome series. I had to get over Christian slater, but after a while I accepted him. But all the other aspects of it is fantastic.

You should give halt and catch fire some more time.

First season of daredevil was great.

Mad dogs series I binged during a weekend.

#18 7 years ago

Halt and catch fire

I really didn't like any of the character yet (3 episodes). Last episode the main character just starts making out with a dude for no apparent reason.

#19 7 years ago

I thought I'd hate it, but Santa Clarita Diet is very funny - the writing is really excellent. Not sure it has legs as a series, but definitely good for a season.

American Horror Story

All/most of the Twilight Zone episodes are on Netflix if you need to catch up.

#20 7 years ago

Mad dogs think I watched 15 minutes didn't really hook me.

#21 7 years ago

Stranger things did nothing for me. Watched the whole season and found it to be boring. I felt that the creators used to much energy to homage the old stuff, and forgot all about the important things.

#22 7 years ago

Battlestar Galactica, except the series finale. Just leave it a mystery.
Deadwood, which never got a series finale, the f*&kers.
Firefly.
Rick & Morty.
Community seasons 1-4.
Westworld.

#23 7 years ago

Black Sails just ended, 4 great seasons.

Pirates were a great theme for a show. One of the best from the last 5 years IMO.

Also, it was made by Starz, so it's uncut/adult.

#24 7 years ago

The walking dead is the best out there. But you must watch from the start. I refused to watch the show for years because I thought the zombie theme was just plain stupid. But this show is all about the relationships among the characters. And there are a handful of episodes that are simply incredible in visual presentation and storyline.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Mad dogs think I watched 15 minutes didn't really hook me.

You should at least watch the whole of episode 1.

#26 7 years ago

BSG. Saw it, but seems like Lost was best early uneven later on.

Like Narcos but don't like to stop every year so I may wait until it's got more seasons done.

Watched Deadwood was very good imo.

#27 7 years ago

I was pretty disappointed by westworld but it is worth the watch.

The night of mini series on HBO was great. It's a lot like the killing so you might not like it.

The leftovers is really weird, but I like it. Give it a shot.

#28 7 years ago

A few not mentioned yet:

Amazon Prime:
Bosch
Suits

Netflix:
Wynona Earp
Travelers
The Magicians
Medici
The 100
Longmire
Haven
Continuum
Sherlock
Hell on Wheels
(a stretch --> the shannara chronicles

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Halt and catch fire
I really didn't like any of the character yet (3 episodes). Last episode the main character just starts making out with a dude for no apparent reason.

I LOVE this show. His character is supposed to be super conflicted throughout the whole show - they hinted at this in the 2nd season a bit, and (controversially) when he had the HIV test results. I didn't think it was out of nowhere but it was unexpected! That show is brilliant if you're into 80s computer culture / history

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from keys88:

The walking dead is the best out there. But you must watch from the start.

I got to season three of Walking Dead and it started to get old for me. Storyline or no storyline I got tired of them running or chasing after zombies.

GOT is a fantastic series if you have not seen it yet. Many other networks have tried to duplicate the magic of GOT with little success. Great story line and characters.

I also really enjoyed 24 series (helps with appreciating the game)

Currently watching CSI series and enjoying them.

Also Lost is a must if you have never seen it.

#31 7 years ago

Justified... nice series that hooks you into the characters and drama fairly quickly. Didn't have the BB epic ending, and fell apart near the very end, but overall a nice show IMHO.

#32 7 years ago

I never saw lost when it was on but watched it two times now, so-so ending but still one of my favorite shows of all time.

#33 7 years ago

Penny Dreadful is an awesome series...didn't seem like it to me from the name or pictures of the cast, but trust me...it has "movie-like" special effects, great production qualities...if you don't know anything about it...that's good, just start watching it and you'll get hooked quickly.

#34 7 years ago

Check out Taboo. A Ridley Scott/Tom Hardy production.
I can't believe nobody mentioned The Americans. Definitely the best show on TV today.

#35 7 years ago

For binge watching on Netflix you may want to try 'Sons Of Anarchy'. It is much better than I expected.

Gord

#36 7 years ago

Homeland is pretty darn good!

#37 7 years ago

Easily one of the best shows I've seen in the last 10 years!

Rectify

IMG_9998 (resized).JPGIMG_9998 (resized).JPG

#38 7 years ago

Hell on wheels, justified, rectify, taboo, Americans... All great suggestions.

Also: Vikings.

#39 7 years ago

banshee was amazing and only a few seasons. Violence violence and violence. Awesome.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

banshee was amazing and only a few seasons. Violence violence and violence. Awesome.

Best action show ever made. So many classic fight scenes.

#41 7 years ago

The Wire. It doesn't treat the viewer like an idiot. It'll ruin other series for you.

Boss. Only ran 2 seasons on Starz; easy binge. Super-intense Kelsey Grammer as the "fuck you all" mayor of Chicago, and includes the super-easy-on-the-eyes Kathleen Robertson. Incredible.

And as mentioned, Deadwood is spectacular.

And I love Homeland, despite hoping in every episode since Season 2 for Claire Danes to catch a bullet.

#42 7 years ago

Another vote for Legion, Rick & Morty, Agents of SHIELD, and Stranger Things.

#43 7 years ago

I didn't get in to stranger things either, but many like it. I did enjoy west world and I agree season 2 of the true detective was lame. The first season was so expectedly good.

Game of thrones is amazing, if you haven't seen that that is first, IMO. Breaking bad is probably the best show ever made. If you haven't seen that yet?

Good luck.

#44 7 years ago

Not sure if it was mentioned, Eastbound and Down is a fun watch!

If you're into cartoons and sci-fi, Rick and Morty is great.

#45 7 years ago

Bates Motel....best show on tv right now IMO

#46 7 years ago

Netflix: "La Reina del Sur".

#47 7 years ago

So many good ones named already, but specifically all of these have been my favorites over the last few years:

Legion
GoT
Black Sails
Stranger things
Mr. Robot
Daredevil (and all of the other Netflix/marvel shows)
Rick & Morty
Archer
Bob's Burgers
Expanse

Also Taboo and Bates Motel are pretty good as well.

#48 7 years ago

Justified is a lot of fun.
Someone already mentioned Banshee, but should have added that there's nearly as much sex as over the top violence.
Homeland, though I found some seasons a lot more compelling than others.
Dexter.
The Americans

And for the nostalgia buff - I've re-watched most of UFO on youtube, and I'm trying to make time for Kolchak: the Night Stalker

#49 7 years ago

Leftovers a good call too.

#50 7 years ago

Dexter was great.

There are 3,766 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch?hl=tux and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.