2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
s-l1600aaa (resized).jpg
2222 (resized).jpg
s-l960 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
download (1) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 3,789 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 76.
#401 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks, as you may know other shows have got canceled that are still worth watching Freaks and Geeks, Star Trek, Twin Peaks as an example.

So was it just meh all the way and not worth the time? I can rewatch Lost or BB again.

You bring up a valid point. There are a lot of shows that got cancelled prematurely that I would highly recommend watching such as Firefly, Journeyman, The Grinder, etc ... The problem with Colony is that it is a big commitment to watch all three seasons, only to be left feeling very unsatisfied at the end. If it was a phenomenal show, I'd still recommend watching it, but the fact of the matter is that it was just good, not great. There are so many other shows that are much more deserving of your time.

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend Day Break with Taye Diggs. This is a show that should be at the top of everyone's binge list.

#402 5 years ago

I'm about 3/4 the way through season 1 of Ozark. What a fantastic show.

Jason Bateman is proving to be an excellent dramatic actor. Prior to seeing him in The Gift, I only ever knew him to be a comedic actor. Then I saw The Gift and he was brilliant. Now Ozark, what an excellent actor. A show well worth watching.

#403 5 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I had low expectations before it started but really enjoyed it.
I have a question for you.
When watching American tv in Deutschland is it broadcast in English with optional subtitles or ...?

Almost every show has german synchronisation. But I watch shows if it is possible always in english.

#404 5 years ago

Best show I started to watch this year for me is "Cobra Kai" on You tube premium!!!

#405 5 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Best show I started to watch this year for me is "Cobra Kai" on You tube premium!!!

Kobra Kai was great. I just finished another YouTube premium show called Impulse. It was created by Doug Liman and is a return to the Jumper universe. It was pretty good.

#407 5 years ago

just watched season one of "luther" it a BBC show, pretty good.

Quoted from gweempose:

I just finished another YouTube premium show called Impulse.

This was really good.

"preacher" started good now it is just silly

#408 5 years ago

Luther is pretty good. We're on season 3

#409 5 years ago

Impractical Jokers

#410 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Impractical Jokers

some are ok, most of it is silly stuff I'd expect to be on youtube, not mainstream tv. Now carbanarro effect on the other hand.. not only is the magic good, but I can't believe some of these people are fooled.

I really love it when he messes with people's minds:

#411 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Now carbanarro effect on the other hand.. not only is the magic good, but I can't believe some of these people are fooled.

The Carbonaro Effect is entertaining, but so much of it is clearly fake. He does some stuff that is simply impossible without camera and editing tricks. I'm also very skeptical when it comes to the people he "dupes". I'm sure some of them are in on it.

#412 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Watched season one was just ok, wanted it to be more intense like BB it's more milk toast.
Also not crazy about old actors playing characters that are supposed to be decades younger.

They aren't "decades" younger.

Maybe 7-8 years.

#413 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

They aren't "decades" younger.
Maybe 7-8 years.

Johnathon Banks is 71.

His character is supposed to be ~ 62 in Breaking Bad (probably was his age when filming B.B.).

Saul takes place ~ 6 years prior so Mike should be 50-something he’s played by an actor in his 70s.

I’m 50-something years old and he looks like my fathers age.

Odenkirk is 55 playing a character in his mid 30’s.

2 weeks later
#414 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The Carbonaro Effect is entertaining, but so much of it is clearly fake. He does some stuff that is simply impossible without camera and editing tricks. I'm also very skeptical when it comes to the people he "dupes". I'm sure some of them are in on it.

Some of it could be fake, but a lot of skeptics claim that because there's multiple camera angles and edits (or what looks like the same trick done more than once in front of the same person), it has to be fake. Here's Micheal showing why that is:

#415 5 years ago

Ozark
The Rain
Lost in Space
Peeking binders (SP)
Sons of Anarchy

#416 5 years ago

Mr Mercedes is really good,based on Kings Bill Hodges trilogy.

#417 5 years ago

The Mayans is coming out soon which I want to watch. They were another biker gang on Sons of Anarchy.

#418 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogey:

Really enjoyed watching Longmire...great show with a western theme.

If you liked Longmire and have not seen it yet Paramount Network's "Yellowstone" has a great modern Western feel to it. The first season just finished and Im looking forward to season two (in 2019).

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Quoted from Asael:

Has anyone seen "The Alienist"? I don't understand the mediocre reviews, the show is one of the best thrillers! I have only 2 episodes left to watch but so far it's really great.

I really liked the Alienist as well -- the time and effort that went into capturing the time period was impressive. Another one I thought the same of was "Taboo." Have not seen a follow up series to the first though.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#419 5 years ago

I’m watching Curb your enthusiasm is very funny.

I finished Bates Motel, didn’t feel as if it finished as strong as it started, last couple of seasons was ok not great.

#420 5 years ago

How is Penny Dreadful??

I like that era and subject matter but haven’t got around to watching it.

#421 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How is Penny Dreadful??

I really enjoyed it. Frankenstein's monster was my favorite character. The actor did a great job and the writers did a great job with his storyline. Worth watching.

#422 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I finished Bates Motel, didn’t feel as if it finished as strong as it started, last couple of seasons was ok not great.

Curb is pretty, pretty, pretty good. Larry's freakouts are funny as hell. Jeff Garlan and J.B. Smoove are both perfect for their roles as well.

#423 5 years ago

I agree with Tractordoc, Yellowstone is a really good new show.

#424 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Wow this really surprises me. Bates motel to me was strong from start to finish and didnt have any bad episodes at all. Its my 2nd favorite TV series behind Breaking Bad.

#425 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wow this really surprises me. Bates motel to me was strong from start to finish and didnt have any bad episodes at all. Its my 2nd favorite TV series behind Breaking Bad.

Not me. The last episodes especially with Dylan and Emma they seem like completely different people than early with Dylan seeming like a robot acting wise. He was such a good edgy character in the early episodes then he’s all mister Mom in last season.

To me, once Norma died the show went down hill that was the when it jumped the shark.

1 week later
#426 5 years ago

I just watched the pilot episode of Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan. I really enjoyed it and look forward to the rest of season 1.

#427 5 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

I just watched the pilot episode of Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan. I really enjoyed it and look forward to the rest of season 1.

Some really good original programming on Amazon Video. We are watching Jack Ryan now as well, its much better than I would have thought. Lots of suspense. We just finished Season 2 of "The Man in the High Castle" and it was pretty good as well.

#428 5 years ago

Sharp Objects was pretty good. I’m currently watching the 2nd season of Ozark. It’s always sunny in Philadelphia just started this past Wednesday.

#429 5 years ago

Mayans MC just started last tuesday and the first episode was awesome. For those of you who dont know, its a spin off of Sons of Anarchy. Its going to be a great show I believe.

#430 5 years ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

I’m currently watching the 2nd season of Ozark

Just started in on season 1, so much good stuff to stream!!

#431 5 years ago

If you are looking for something different, may I suggest the German TV series Babylon Berlin?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon_Berlin

A drama / crime series held in Berlin in 1929 during the Weimar republic.

Really good (Best seen in German, of course)... but not family friendly (sex, violence...)

#432 5 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Just started in on season 1, so much good stuff to stream!!

I am almost done with season 2.

#433 5 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

I'm about 3/4 the way through season 1 of Ozark. What a fantastic show.
Jason Bateman is proving to be an excellent dramatic actor. Prior to seeing him in The Gift, I only ever knew him to be a comedic actor. Then I saw The Gift and he was brilliant. Now Ozark, what an excellent actor. A show well worth watching.

agree. Always thought whatever he was involved with was great.

#434 5 years ago

Ozark and House of Cards

#435 5 years ago

For Star Trek fans who haven't seen Star Trek: Enterprise in a while 3 stand-alone shows worth re-watching on Netflix:

"Cogenitor" is the 48th episode of the television series Star Trek: Enterprise, the 22nd episode of the second season. (Directed by: LeVar Burton)

"The Crossing" is the forty-fourth episode of the television series Star Trek: Enterprise, the eighteenth of the second season.

"Future Tense" is the forty-second episode (production #216) of the television series Star Trek: Enterprise, the sixteenth of the second season.

#436 5 years ago

I just started watching Shameless. If you are not offended by nudity it's a really good show. Reminds me a bit of some of the dark humor in Breaking Bad, but the humor is more prevalent.

#437 5 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

If you are looking for something different, may I suggest the German TV series Babylon Berlin?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon_Berlin
A drama / crime series held in Berlin in 1929 during the Weimar republic.
Really good (Best seen in German, of course)... but not family friendly (sex, violence...)

I’ll need to see if that’s available in US.

1 month later
#438 5 years ago

Just finished the first season of The Americans on Amazon Prime. Pure greatness!

#439 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Mayans MC just started last tuesday and the first episode was awesome. For those of you who dont know, its a spin off of Sons of Anarchy. Its going to be a great show I believe.

I watch it every week and am actually enjoying it more than Sons.

#440 5 years ago

Mr. Mercedes was mentioned earlier what a great show

#441 5 years ago

Mr. Mercedes and Mayans MC are my two must watch shows!

#442 5 years ago

I am catching up on walking dead I am three seasons behind. Grimmer and grimmer the show is good. I am watching this show now.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#443 5 years ago

The Brits know how to create great TV series, recommend checking out the bodyguard (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7493974/)

#444 5 years ago

The new season of House of Cards comes out on Friday.

#445 5 years ago

Check out "A hunting of Hill house" on Netflix. It's a new series. Watched season 1 in three settings. Would have been two but had to work the next day.

#446 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Check out "A hunting of Hill house" on Netflix. It's a new series. Watched season 1 in three settings. Would have been two but had to work the next day.

I am interested in this one as well.

#447 5 years ago

I just finished season 3 of The Expanse. It's one of those rare shows that started out great and has gotten even better with each new season. It's easily the best sci-fi show on TV since Battlestar Galactica.

#448 5 years ago

Just started Bates Motel this week, excellent show. Almost done with Season 1 already

#449 5 years ago

Been enjoying 9-1-1 on fox (follows firefighters, police, and the 9-1-1 operators). Last season they had a fireball in the firehouse, this season they have a gottlieb rescue 911 rethemed as "first responder"
9-1-1_First_responders (resized).png9-1-1_First_responders (resized).png

#450 5 years ago

I like Ozark some but it just seems too far fetched. Like it’s taking this from Breaking Bad and that from Sopranos this from Fargo but just isn’t as believable or realistic.

I’d wish the FBI agent was more like Agent Cooper from Twin Peaks or a tough but lovable agent like from Justified but instead he’s a totally unbelievable character who wouldn’t last two minutes in the real world.

There are 3,789 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/9?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.