2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 659 posts
  • 227 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 56 days ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 50 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
Final Space 1 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
cabin boy (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
FD9BD4C8-59A8-4922-BE00-31FBD89C6DA2 (resized).png
future-man-poster (resized).jpg
Maisel_S1_Title._CB475430233_ (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
8-28-MrInBetween (resized).jpg
9-1-1_First_responders (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg

There are 659 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 14.
#251 2 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

The Orville is pretty good.

Yep. It's basically ST:TNG "lite".

I'm actually enjoying the new Star Trek show a lot, but the only (legal) way to view it in the U.S. is via a subscription to CBS All Access.

#252 2 years ago

Got into Ozark on Netflix, Jason Bateman laundering money for a Mexican Cartel, good stuff.

All three seasons of Fargo are great.

The Knick, best hospital drama ever.

Stranger Things with season two around the corner is a must.

Better Call Saul, of course.

#253 2 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Stranger Things with season two around the corner is a must.

The new trailer Netflix just released makes me want to see Season 2 at once so much more.

#254 2 years ago

Great thread. Got some good ideas for shows to check out.
Black Mirror season 4 is supposed to drop soon too.

#255 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

*this is too much of a Deus ex Machina moment*

in the screen writing book I study, this "hand of the maker" moment is quite frowned upon. The classic example would be someone falling off a cliff and the hand of g-d just snatches them out of the air. Poor writing.

#256 2 years ago

Seen Trailer Park Boys? (RIP Jim Lahey)

#257 2 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

The Orville is pretty good.

loving Orville, and I'm not even a star trek fan

4 months later
#258 1 year ago

Highly recommend "electric dreams" on amazon prime:

episode 1: awesome visuals, sort of a total recall plot (what is real)?
episode 2: great plot, very applicable to today (Big A corporation)
episode 3: cool visuals, predictable endnig, but has Bryan Cranston from breaking bad in it
episode 4: cool visuals, weak plot, buscemi performs good

#259 1 year ago

I've been binging Bojack Horseman lately. Great show!

#260 1 year ago

I’m almost done ‘Justified’ which I love.

Season 1 was just ok but the rest is great.

#261 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m almost done ‘Justified’ which I love.
Season 1 was just ok but the rest is great.

If you liked Walton Goggins in Justified, you gotta watch Vice Principals. Completely different character, but another excellent performance!

#262 1 year ago

JUst finished watching The Punisher in Netflix. I really liked that show. Definitely not for kids

#263 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

If you liked Walton Goggins in Justified, you gotta watch Vice Principals. Completely different character, but another excellent performance!

Thanks he had started to get on my radar, see him in The Hateful Eight.

#264 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Unfortunately, the second season was the end of the series. I wish they would have done more.

#265 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Unfortunately, the second season was the end of the series. I wish they would have done more.

Danny McBride and Jody Hill knew before they started that they wanted it to be "short and sweet". Two seasons allowed them to tell exactly the story they wanted to without overstaying their welcome ...

http://variety.com/2016/scene/vpage/danny-mcbride-vice-principals-premiere-hbo-two-seasons-1201810443/

#266 1 year ago

Netflix is rebooting the series "Lost in Space". Hopefully it will be better than the movie.

#267 1 year ago

Banshee is off the charts good.

I truly enjoy Dice and Last week tonight with John Oliver.

Also west world. The second season is coming, before game of thrones. Might as well catch the first season. It was good.

image (resized).png

#268 1 year ago

Altered Carbon: Netflix

#269 1 year ago

for those that did not like stranger things check out Dark on netflix. i liked stranger things but dark was much better IMO
another great one is godless, one of the best westerns in a very long time.

#270 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

his character on sons of anarchy was hysterical!!

#271 1 year ago

I don't know if it was mentioned yet but :The Alienist" and "Counterpart" are both excellent.

#272 1 year ago
Quoted from boilerman:

for those that did not like stranger things check out Dark on netflix. i liked stranger things but dark was much better IMO

Dark did look VERY similar. What did you feel that Dark did well that Stranger Things didn't? I loved Stanger Things, is there a reason that I wouldn't like Dark?

Godless does look good. I plan to pick that one up soon. I might start on that and let Westworld get a few episodes in before I start the new season... but I probably won't be able to keep myself away.

#273 1 year ago

Have you seen the BBC show The Detectorists? I think the first two seasons are on Netflix. Very funny, low-key comedy about a group of people really into the hobby of metal detecting.

#274 1 year ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

his character on sons of anarchy was hysterical!!

I've never seen a single episode of SoA. For some reason, it just never appealed to me, but I'd be willing to give it a shot just for Walton Goggins. Was he in a lot of episodes? One show that he was in that is definitely worth watching is The Shield.

#275 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Dark did look VERY similar. What did you feel that Dark did well that Stranger Things didn't? I loved Stanger Things, is there a reason that I wouldn't like Dark?

I didn't think they were that similar at all other than part of Dark took place in the mid 80's. Stranger Things is more nostalgic and an easier watch. Dark has more layers and requires your full attention as it jumps around a lot and is more of a mind bender. I really enjoyed both shows for what they are. Hard to pick a favorite between the two as it really depends on what mood I'm in when I'm watching them.

#276 1 year ago

The assassination of versace is pretty crazy.

#277 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've never seen a single episode of SoA. For some reason, it just never appealed to me, but I'd be willing to give it a shot just for Walton Goggins. Was he in a lot of episodes? One show that he was in that is definitely worth watching is The Shield.

Goggins is only in a few episodes of SoA, but he is really good. SoA is a good show, but I found that it became overly complicated as the seasons went on. I didn’t understand half the things they were talking about, but that may have been purposeful.

I forget, has anyone mentioned The Brink. That’s a great show on HBO, but unfortunatley only lasted one season.

#278 1 year ago
Quoted from bally67:

Altered Carbon: Netflix

I'll second this.

Altered Carbon became one of my favorite shows. It's a smorgasbord of sci-fi concepts wrapped into a high budget effects heavy extravaganza. Think Blade Runner meets Ghost in the Shell with a dash of Snow Crash and a dozen others along with new concepts. The world building reveals and plot are trickled out and so it's deliberately obtuse to start, but it's well done and for effect. A bit more gratuitous Cinemax style nudity than I prefer, but it's done on message for the world building and not just base titillation.

#279 1 year ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I agree. Even if you don't like westerns you'll like godless...

#280 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I don't think that many, and I think they were all during the final season.

And I agree The Shield was very good. I hated to see that one end.

Also, another vote for Godless, I binge watched both seasons over a weekend.

#281 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Skip it. I watched all of it but it really dropped off quickly. Its very moody and overdramatic, there's a lot better tv out there. If you're interested in the motorcycle gang genre it may hold your interest for a while, but I doubt for the duration of the series.

#282 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Sons of Anarchy is awesome. One little part of it kinda slows down when they go out of the country but other than that its an A+ imo. If you have never seen Breaking Bad though I recommend that show over any show on tv.

#283 1 year ago

Peaky Blinders. Early 20th century Irish/ English mafia type

Boardwalk Empire ditto above but in Atlantic City

Godless. Pretty good one series western.

#284 1 year ago

Been watching waco, pretty good series.

#285 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If you have never seen Breaking Bad though I recommend that show over any show on tv.

I've seen the entire thing twice.

#286 1 year ago

Future Man on Hulu is another fun show that I'd highly recommend! It's an adult sci-fi comedy.

#287 1 year ago

two more westerns that were good were "hell on wheels" and "deadwood"

#288 1 year ago

Peaky Blinders. Great early 20th century Irish mob show. Better than boardwalk empire. Has an elite creator show runner. Also has killian Murphy and Tom Hardy.

#289 1 year ago

If you like pirates. Black Sails is the best pirate tv show or movie ever.

#290 1 year ago

If your looking for a comedy check out corporate. Dark but hilarious take on office life.

#291 1 year ago

Altered carbon sounds right up my alley.

#292 1 year ago

If you like criminal profiling shows I found both Manhunt: Unabomber and Mindhunter to be really good! both are on Netflix.

#293 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

If you like criminal profiling shows I found both Manhunt: Unabomber and Mindhunter to be really good! both are on Netflix.

mindhunter started a bit slow but really got good after the first few. looking forward to the second season

#294 1 year ago

Best ever: The Leftovers. HBO
Peaky Blinders is great, too.

#295 1 year ago

High Maintenance on HBO.

A semi comedy about a marijuana delivery guy in NYC.

It's not Curb, each episode flows on a different path from the last. It really found it's footing in the 2nd season.

high-maintenance.w710.h473 (resized).jpg

#296 1 year ago

The Knick - Crazy cocaine fuelled medical drama directed by Steven Soderbergh

maxresdefault (resized).jpg

the-knick-nose-replacement-21 (resized).jpg

the-knick (resized).jpg

#297 1 year ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Best ever: The Leftovers. HBO

Agreed. My wife and I adored this series form start to finish.

#298 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Agreed. My wife and I adored this series form start to finish.

This series, is indeed phenomenally good. My favorite character is without a doubt this girl.

image (resized).jpeg

Leftovers.

#299 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

This series, is indeed phenomenally good. My favorite character is without a doubt this girl.

I can't deny I had a mad crush on her by the end of the show ...

#300 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I can't deny I had a mad crush on her by the end of the show ...

She's great in the third season of Fargo as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Various Other Swag
Shoot Again Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 1,099.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 14.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Forever
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 659 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside