By rai

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nick foot (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 20-55-22 Nose Boy Is Yet Another Bit From Dan Schneider That Seems Inappropriate Now (resized).png
IMG_2115 (resized).png
we-are-lady-parts-peacock-poster (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
5675773ab24117888a271de4334cd519 (resized).jpg
download.jpeg
Fallout (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
There are 3,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 77.
#2701 11 months ago

Started watching "FUBAR" on Netflix last night w Ah-nold.....8 episodes, an hour each - shut it off after about 40 minutes.

Literally during his retirement party as a CIA operative, he's sucked back in when an operative has to be removed and only he can do it. He flies to some remote jungle and gasp....it turns out to be his estranged daughter!

After the requisite "Dad, do you REALLY think I'm still a virgin???" jokes, i had to shut it off.

#2702 11 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Started watching "FUBAR" on Netflix last night w Ah-nold.....8 episodes, an hour each - shut it off after about 40 minutes.
Literally during his retirement party as a CIA operative, he's sucked back in when an operative has to be removed and only he can do it. He flies to some remote jungle and gasp....it turns out to be his estranged daughter!
After the requisite "Dad, do you REALLY think I'm still a virgin???" jokes, i had to shut it off.

I read some excoriating reviews for that show, really terrible. I'd be willing to bet they rushed it out before the writer's strike and it just was DOA with no chance for punch ups. Even Scott Thompson from Kids in the Hall is in it! It could have had potential...

My wife went back to "War of the worlds" on MGM+. Kind of slow (at first), but really builds into something great. More "The Expanse" than "Mandalorian" style heady sci-fi.

#2703 11 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

There's only one FUBAR and this ain't it!!

MV5BMzgxNjE3NTAzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTc1MDY3._V1_ (resized).jpgMV5BMzgxNjE3NTAzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTc1MDY3._V1_ (resized).jpg
#2704 11 months ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

Just watched Jury Duty on Amazon/Freevee.
8 30 minute episodes. James Marsden plays a dbag version of himself.
It's a comedy documentary about a civil trial but everything is fake and everyone involved is an actor except for one juror. It's really funny and amazing how they pulled it off.

I just finished it. I was in awe of the cast every show seeing how fantastic their preparation and their improv skills were. Pretty happy go lucky show that made me laugh tons and enjoy

#2705 11 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I just finished it. I was in awe of the cast every show seeing how fantastic their preparation and their improv skills were. Pretty happy go lucky show that made me laugh tons and enjoy

What was interesting that no one ever brought up is that James Marsden wasn't the only celebrity on the show. There was another juror (Kirk Fox) that's been in a lot of TV and movies and I instantly recognized him. I wonder if part of the interview process was looking for someone who didn't watch much tv or movies, because he barely knew who James was.

The other thing that gets me is...this guy was practically a saint. They lucked out there, but again...I'm sure there was something in the interview process, and also that he knew he was on TV (for the fake documentary) that made him be on his best behavior...except that there were lots of pieces where he didn't even know he was being filmed.

It was pulled off very well and yes the improv was great.

Entertaining show for sure.

#2706 11 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What was interesting that no one ever brought up is that James Marsden wasn't the only celebrity on the show. There was another juror (Kirk Fox) that's been in a lot of TV and movies and I instantly recognized him. I wonder if part of the interview process was looking for someone who didn't watch much tv or movies, because he barely knew who James was.
The other thing that gets me is...this guy was practically a saint. They lucked out there, but again...I'm sure there was something in the interview process, and also that he knew he was on TV (for the fake documentary) that made him be on his best behavior...except that there were lots of pieces where he didn't even know he was being filmed.
It was pulled off very well and yes the improv was great.
Entertaining show for sure.

Yeah, same, I instantly recognized Kirk Fox and laughed out loud

#2707 11 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I read some excoriating reviews for that show, really terrible. I'd be willing to bet they rushed it out before the writer's strike and it just was DOA with no chance for punch ups. Even Scott Thompson from Kids in the Hall is in it! It could have had potential...
My wife went back to "War of the worlds" on MGM+. Kind of slow (at first), but really builds into something great. More "The Expanse" than "Mandalorian" style heady sci-fi.

I'll have to check out War of the Worlds - love me some sci fi.

Watched The Prisoner on Netflix last night, someone on the "i need a good movie to watch" thread suggested it - pretty good. 2.5 hours....

#2708 11 months ago

John Wick 4 - Wick Harder or Wick Resurrection or The Wick and The Dead

I mean...I don't know how they did it. This series is basically a video game, and it's better than any video game movie made. I don't think any of them are bad, and 4 is an excellent closer. (although I hear there's a 5 in the works...so who knows...). Generally there's only a few good movies in a series....but this one has no bad ones.

It's no different than the last 3...just...more of it, but still great.

#2709 10 months ago

I want to thank all the guys here that recommended The Expanse!!!

#2710 10 months ago

About to restart the wick series, only ever seen 1 and two.

#2711 10 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

How far in are you? The first season is REEEEEALLLLLLY SLOOOOOOOOW.... It finally enters Babylon 5 territory (that's a good thing LOL) mid-season 2

#2712 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How far in are you? The first season is REEEEEALLLLLLY SLOOOOOOOOW.... It finally enters Babylon 5 territory (that's a good thing LOL) mid-season 2

I guess I need to go back to it, i got thru 1, and part of 2, but it just bored me to no end.

#2713 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I guess I need to go back to it, i got thru 1, and part of 2, but it just bored me to no end.

Yep, I get that. I had to try 4 times and finally completely bereft of other shows, put it on while I was rebuilding my office, and something finally clicked.

#2714 10 months ago

I know its old....I know it was mentioned years back. But its new to me. The Knick. HBO. Wow. What a great show....

#2715 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yep, I get that. I had to try 4 times and finally completely bereft of other shows, put it on while I was rebuilding my office, and something finally clicked.

Good to know. I've tried to start about 3x now. It's got everything I like, but it does feel really slow. I'll plan to give it another shot

#2716 10 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

I know its old....I know it was mentioned years back. But its new to me. The Knick. HBO. Wow. What a great show....

One of my favourite shows of all time right there.

#2717 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It was riveting!I’m a book reader so slow is fine while you are building

#2718 10 months ago

(Thats what she said.)

#2719 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Took me a couple tries on Expanse to start/restart. It was slow then good.

Now up to season 4 and it is slow again…
You say the rest thru season 6 picks back up?

#2720 10 months ago
Quoted from emsrph:

Took me a couple tries on Expanse to start/restart. It was slow then good.
Now up to season 4 and it is slow again…
You say the rest thru season 6 picks back up?

If I recall correctly Season 5 is fantastic, and season 6 is "pretty good" (I think that's when they had a big budget cut). I dont' remember specifically about season 4. stick with it!

#2721 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If I recall correctly Season 5 is fantastic, and season 6 is "pretty good" (I think that's when they had a big budget cut). I dont' remember specifically about season 4. stick with it!

and they lost a character to sexual harassment allegations.

the after show is also interesting. I only watched the last 2 seasons of the aftershow on amazon prime.

#2722 10 months ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

and they lost a character to sexual harassment allegations.
the after show is also interesting. I only watched the last 2 seasons of the aftershow on amazon prime.

Aah, did not know that. I kinda miss Tom Jane in the later seasons, he stuck out like this character in the wrong space and time, as funny as it sounds, I thought it worked well

#2723 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Aah, did not know that. I kinda miss Tom Jane in the later seasons, he stuck out like this character in the wrong space and time, as funny as it sounds, I thought it worked well

I agree I liked tom janes character. But the character lost to harassment was at the very end Season 5 or the very start of season 6? They just made that person go away instantly. I don’t want to name the as it will be a spoiler. I liked his character. Too bad they had to go.

#2724 10 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dammit! I’m going to revisit that. Watched 3 episodes and was out. Got to be nice and cold for that shit. Hopefully warrior doesn’t go PC. I might have to round kick a few tv’s if so….

#2725 10 months ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Dammit! I’m going to revisit that. Watched 3 episodes and was out. Got to be nice and cold for that shit. Hopefully warrior doesn’t go PC. I might have to round kick a few tv’s if so….

Why would Warrior change now? It’s an HBO show still, yes? Season 3 should be a knockout! (See what I did ther… lol)

#2726 10 months ago

“Still” on Apple TV. Michael J Fox is as compelling as he’s ever been. Very well done all the way around, it’s a fantastic watch

#2727 10 months ago

Creating new old memories with this device today.

70 bucks and it plays and includes all games through ps1.

#2728 10 months ago

Toys I no longer have.

IMG_1316 (resized).jpegIMG_1316 (resized).jpegIMG_1606 (resized).jpegIMG_1606 (resized).jpeg
#2729 10 months ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Toys I no longer have.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wrong thread? Or am I missing a new tv show

#2730 10 months ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

This looks like a cool little system, but you definitely posted this in the wrong thread.

#2731 10 months ago
Quoted from gweempose:

you definitely posted this in the wrong thread.

Unless he's lamenting about how now he will never be on Collector's Call!

#2732 10 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm really enjoying the series Bupkis on Peacock so far starring Pete Davidson. It's got a great cast including Edie Falco, Joe Pesci, and a bunch of other stars. It's loosely based on his life but it's really pretty funny and entertaining.

Never thought in a million years that I would agree. Always thought Pete Davidson was overhyped and a complete waste on SNL. But this show is great, if not way off color at times. Plenty of outrageous "shock" humor to go along with some real "smarter" humor and warmth. Joe Pesci must've seen something in the writing as the show came together because he just doesn't do much anymore. But he steals every scene that he is in, as one would expect. And the whole season clocks in at about 4 hours (8, 1/2 hour episodes). Contrast this with the bloated (final?) season of Ted Lasso that became so self-important that it had 13 1 hour episodes. Stuck with that one out of obligation. Went from pandemic comfort food to preachy, but quick. Felt more like chopping wood than a Lonnie Ropp rule set.

#2733 10 months ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This looks like a cool little system, but you definitely posted this in the wrong thread.

Yup

#2734 10 months ago

It's OK. We all do it sometimes...

#2735 10 months ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

This is the thread you're looking for!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium/page/58#post-7606275

#2736 10 months ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Warrior Come out to play like the cocksucker show you are!

#2737 10 months ago

Finished "Dark Winds" last night. Nice quick one off 6 episode season mini series. Great acting and really enjoyed the (hopefully) great unique first nations aspect of it. I think it was AMC

#2738 10 months ago

Finished "Dark Winds" last night. Nice quick one off 6 episode season mini series. Great acting and really enjoyed the (hopefully) great unique first nations aspect of it. I think it was AMC

Not a one off, the series was renewed for a six-episode second season, which is set to premiere on July 30, 2023

#2739 10 months ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Never thought in a million years that I would agree. Always thought Pete Davidson was overhyped and a complete waste on SNL. But this show is great, if not way off color at times. Plenty of outrageous "shock" humor to go along with some real "smarter" humor and warmth. Joe Pesci must've seen something in the writing as the show came together because he just doesn't do much anymore. But he steals every scene that he is in, as one would expect. And the whole season clocks in at about 4 hours (8, 1/2 hour episodes). Contrast this with the bloated (final?) season of Ted Lasso that became so self-important that it had 13 1 hour episodes. Stuck with that one out of obligation. Went from pandemic comfort food to preachy, but quick. Felt more like chopping wood than a Lonnie Ropp rule set.

I'm really surprised at how so many people turned against Ted Lasso. Season 3 wasn't quite as interesting as the first two (and I agree the episodes were way too long in most cases), but I thought it was still better than most other similar shows.

#2740 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm really surprised at how so many people turned against Ted Lasso. Season 3 wasn't quite as interesting as the first two (and I agree the episodes were way too long in most cases), but I thought it was still better than most other similar shows.

I enjoyed the 3rd season but not as much as the first two. I wish it ended better. Too bad there is no season 4 planned.

#2741 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Finally saw the finale. I had seen everything up to that point when I posted. It did redeem itself (a bit)- haha. Doesn't take away from the fact that there were a lot of half-baked storylines just sort of cobbled together though, making for unnecessarily long episodes. That's where it fell down for me.

#2742 10 months ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Not a one off, the series was renewed for a six-episode second season, which is set to premiere on July 30, 2023

Oh right on. It kind of seemed to be set-up to be over. Must be more to the mine and the dark forces.

#2743 10 months ago

Just finished "Drops of God" on Apple - thought it was was very well done and highly recommend but since its in French, Japanese, Italian and English its not gonna work for anybody that is put off by subtitles.

French wine connoisseur/publisher who was living and teaching in Japan dies and leaves his vast wine collection worth 150M to either his estranged French daughter or his star student from Japan depending on how they perform on a series of wine challenges. Probably best not to read too much about it and just dive in as the episodes pace quickly and as the story unfolds it all starts to make sense and its only eight one hour episodes

#2744 10 months ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Finally saw the finale. I had seen everything up to that point when I posted. It did redeem itself (a bit)- haha. Doesn't take away from the fact that there were a lot of half-baked storylines just sort of cobbled together though, making for unnecessarily long episodes. That's where it fell down for me.

The episode when tnd is saying F U to his mom, was really hard to fit in/justify/felt way out of place. Even roy controls himself around kids. I dont think ted would ever say F U to his mom. he might say fiddle sticks or fudge or something else, but not that.

#2745 10 months ago

I've been subscribed/lurking to/in this thread for years. I had never heard of Jury Duty (Amazon Prime) before seeing it here. We just finished it last night... Great show.

#2746 10 months ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

The episode when tnd is saying F U to his mom, was really hard to fit in/justify/felt way out of place. Even roy controls himself around kids. I dont think ted would ever say F U to his mom. he might say fiddle sticks or fudge or something else, but not that.

I think they were showing how far back and pent up the energy was from Ted and is probably part of his life issues.

#2747 10 months ago

I have been pleasantly surprised with the quality of Mike Judge's new Beavis and Butthead episodes. There is a good mix of Beavis and Butthead in High School and "Middle Aged" Beavis and Butthead. They watch youtube videos now (mostly) instead of music videos. If you can only watch one episode I recommend Season 1 episode 2. Streaming on Paramount Plus.

#2748 10 months ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Hard to disagree. I thought the finale was awesome though. Bill Lawrence left before season 3 to do “Shrinking” which may have led to some of the excesses.

#2749 10 months ago

I think they were showing how far back and pent up the energy was from Ted and is probably part of his life issues.

This. Ted’s whole deal is that he’s repressed and even though his overall outlook is super positive, you shouldn’t pretend that things are ok when they aren’t, which he learned from his mom. (Same
Mom from Freaks & Geeks I realized). It’s definitely weird and did kind of feel out of character - but that was exactly the point to the scene. I thought Sudekis did some great acting in that scene - he wasn’t yelling, he was clearly getting subtly emotional as much as Ted was capable, and it somehow was a “feel good” scene despite (or partly due to) the dialogue.

#2750 10 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I have been pleasantly surprised with the quality of Mike Judge's new Beavis and Butthead episodes. There is a good mix of Beavis and Butthead in High School and "Middle Aged" Beavis and Butthead. They watch youtube videos now (mostly) instead of music videos. If you can only watch one episode I recommend Season 1 episode 2. Streaming on Paramount Plus.

My wife HATES this show, but I still get a kick out of it. I do wish they would watch some metal videos though. That was always awesome when they would rag on my favorite bands (Death - “The Philsopher” comes to mind)

There are 3,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 77.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/55 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.