Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
s-l1600aaa (resized).jpg
2222 (resized).jpg
s-l960 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
download (1) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
There are 3,780 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 76.
#2601 12 months ago

I wish more of older series did a last cast reunion show and send off the series in a good ending. For that alone, the last season of Picard was satisfying.

#2602 12 months ago

"Blue Lights" Season 1 from BBC was really good!

#2603 12 months ago

Started Yellowjackets a couple days ago (Showtime show)

I like it a lot. Gotta pay attention.

#2604 12 months ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

watched the final star trek picard episode last night. season 3 was pretty good(best of the 3). But the last episode was very weak on the story. dont want to mention spoilers but there are a few come on really? moments. also watch a little past the credits. there is something there to see.

Just watched it and agree, last episode was really the worst of the season.
If you watched through the credits, they set up a new series with Jack on a new Enterprise.

I did enjoy 1st season of Strange New Worlds, lets hope they don't F that series up like they did with Discovery.

#2605 12 months ago

I watched one called 'Wild Crime'. Only 8 episodes but pretty good.

#2606 12 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

All right, I know everyone is going to hate this, but as a musician, I really like musicals. There is a show on Apple TV called “Schmigadoon” which is a —brilliant— parody of broadway shows, starring Cecily Strong (SNL) and Keegan-Michael Key. The first season was a pastiche of the Music Man and a couple other shows, and was pretty good - but season 2 is mostly centered around Chicago, and there are so many in-jokes and goofy songs it is really kicking it up a level. The humor is kind of on the 30 Rock spectrum.
So if you’re not into that, I really dug the “Night Agent” on Netflix. WAAAAAY better than I expected, I basically binged the whole thing in one shot. Not -quite- as good as The Old Man, but close.
Other spy shows: don’t bother with “A Spy Among Friends” or “Condor”. Spy among friends was just godawful boring, and Condor is trying WAY too hard, wink-winking at the audience without actually having anything cool going on. Based on the Robert Redford film from the 70s, and you should just watch that instead.

Before I was married,my two sister's convinced me that my girlfriend and I would enjoy the Broadway Play "Annie". So I gave it a shot. Ten minutes into the play ,I was thinking, how the hell did they think I'd like this show?
After what seemed like an eternity, everyone finally got up and headed to the door. I was so glad that the play was finally over,so I thought. (Once we got to the lobby area, my sister's asked me how I liked the show so far? I said "What do you mean so far" and they said this was just an intermission,we still have the other half to see.
I'm not sure if they saw the tears in my eyes,when I found out it wasn't over.
If someone enjoys musicals,good for them,but they're definitely not for me.

#2607 12 months ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Before I was married,my two sister's convinced me that my girlfriend and I would enjoy the Broadway Play "Annie". So I gave it a shot. Ten minutes into the play ,I was thinking, how the hell did they think I'd like this show?
After what seemed like an eternity, everyone finally got up and headed to the door. I was so glad that the play was finally over,so I thought. (Once we got to the lobby area, my sister's asked me how I liked the show so far? I said "What do you mean so far" and they said this was just an intermission,we still have the other half to see.

I'm not into plays but 'Book of Mormon' was freaking hilarious. I was in tears

#2608 12 months ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

LOL! I can only imagine the horror in your eyes when you realized you had to sit there another hour and a half!

“Annie” isn’t really a great show, a lot of the songs and the kids are pretty annoying!

#2609 12 months ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

You can’t judge all musicals by “Annie”. Try Les Miz or The Who’s Tommy or Matilda or Book of Mormon or any number of other modern and sometimes rocking musicals. There’s a lot of variety and just like everything, some are way better than others.

#2610 12 months ago

I’m sitting here watching game 3 of the Stars/Wild series (great start so far) and I realized I hadn’t watched the latest Mandalorian! So no spoilers!

Signed up for YouTube TV which appears to have all NHL games between TNT, ESPN, etc. I was having a really hard time finding a way to get more than a handful of games, and it’s playoff season!

Back to Ted Lasso

#2611 12 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

You can’t judge all musicals by “Annie”. Try Les Miz or The Who’s Tommy or Matilda or Book of Mormon or any number of other modern and sometimes rocking musicals. There’s a lot of variety and just like everything, some are way better than others.

Just saw Hades Town, it was pretty good

#2612 12 months ago

Started watching this last night, slow burn off the hop but intriguing nonetheless.

3F2F377A-806B-4923-8666-E57D208853A2 (resized).jpeg3F2F377A-806B-4923-8666-E57D208853A2 (resized).jpeg
#2613 12 months ago

I'm liking "Florida Man" so far... Netflix

images.jpgimages.jpg
#2614 12 months ago

I just rewatched a cute comedy I now see hasn't been mentioned here. A fun premise, a quick watch (8 eps), and who doesn’t like Paul Rudd?

Living With Yourself (Netflix)

#2615 12 months ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I just rewatched a cute comedy I now see hasn't been mentioned here. A fun premise, a quick watch (8 eps), and who doesn’t like Paul Rudd?
Living With Yourself (Netflix)

I absolutely loved that show (I already love paul rudd). So well done, such a great storyline. That fight scene alone had to be so tricky.

#2616 11 months ago
Quoted from Ribs:

Just finished up The Orville. I avoided it the time because the marketing made it seem terrible, but it turned out to be a total homage to Star Trek. Really enjoyed a lot of it.

The most recent season of the Orville was good. Better than the first two IMO. I'm looking forward to next season.

#2618 11 months ago

Just finished the first season of the new show The Diplomat on Netflix. Good show and built up to a good season ending episode.

#2619 11 months ago

I just started watching "The Sinner" on Netflix. I dont think Ive seen Jessica Biel since that "7th Heaven" crap but her acting is really damn good here. Shes also a producer for this series, according to Wikipedia.

Im only on S1E4 though. (Disclaimer

#2620 11 months ago
Quoted from mtn-:

I just started watching "The Sinner" on Netflix. I dont think Ive seen Jessica Biel since that "7th Heaven" crap but her acting is really damn good here. Shes also a producer for this series, according to Wikipedia.
Im only on S1E4 though. (Disclaimer

That show is pretty good - I completely missed it when it first aired. Seasons 2 and 3, while unrelated are also pretty good

#2621 11 months ago

Bob Odenkirk in The Bear season 2!

#2622 11 months ago

Watch Hometown Cha cha cha. Super great show. It is on Netflix and has English voice work if you do not understand Korean . Great for the whole family

#2623 11 months ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Bob Odenkirk in The Bear season 2!

He's got a new show coming out soon as well, but I forget what it is called.

The Bear is an interesting watch. I am not sure I call it 'good' but interesting enough to keep me watching.

==========

We started watching a BBC show called simply "Jerk". It's about a guy with cerebral palsy from the US trying to make a living in Great Britain and keeps trying to figure out ways to not get deported. He's a complete ass to everyone. Pretty funny, and not shy to offend. There's 3 seasons, first 2 are 4 episodes, and the newest (haven't got to it yet) is 6 so far.

#2624 11 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

He's got a new show coming out soon as well, but I forget what it is called.
The Bear is an interesting watch. I am not sure I call it 'good' but interesting enough to keep me watching.
==========
We started watching a BBC show called simply "Jerk". It's about a guy with cerebral palsy from the US trying to make a living in Great Britain and keeps trying to figure out ways to not get deported. He's a complete ass to everyone. Pretty funny, and not shy to offend. There's 3 seasons, first 2 are 4 episodes, and the newest (haven't got to it yet) is 6 so far.

Hope you're not talking about Lucky Hank, that blows.

#2625 11 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Just finished the first season of the new show The Diplomat on Netflix. Good show and built up to a good season ending episode.

Struggling to get past the second episode. Does it pick up?

#2626 11 months ago

The Bear is BACK?!?!?!

#2627 11 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:

The Bear is BACK?!?!?!

June.

#2628 11 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Struggling to get past the second episode. Does it pick up?

Story picks up a bit and starts to get more interesting. Overall vibe of the show stays similar though. I thought the finale was worth watching it through.

#2629 11 months ago

The Bear is brilliant, the episode that was shot in one take stressed me out so bad.

#2630 11 months ago
Quoted from mostater:

The most recent season of the Orville was good. Better than the first two IMO. I'm looking forward to next season.

they all sucked , all 3 seasons and no season 4 yet on the horizon which should tell you something about how few liked it.
No homage to Star Trek , they tried to be more like galaxy quest but failed and I did hear a galaxy quest series is on the horizon.

Hometown cha cha cha , made me weep the character development is there ,starts slow in episode 1 but cranks up soon as you hit episode 2

#2631 11 months ago
Quoted from PinFever:

they all sucked , all 3 seasons and no season 4 yet on the horizon which should tell you something about how few liked it.
No homage to Star Trek , they tried to be more like galaxy quest but failed and I did hear a galaxy quest series is on the horizon.
Hometown cha cha cha , made me weep the character development is there ,starts slow in episode 1 but cranks up soon as you hit episode 2

Disagree 100%
The series started off as sort of a spoof but changed direction and definitely became a better Star Trek
I liked season 1 and loved season 2&3 - would really like to see a new season

#2633 11 months ago

i loved the episode where the girl from the past tries to steal the replicator to feed everyone on her dystopian planet, but she couldnt comprehend that it would only end up in the wrong hands and be used for more evil. future technology cant be given, it has to be earned.

#2634 11 months ago
Quoted from schwarz:

The Bear is brilliant, the episode that was shot in one take stressed me out so bad.

I gotta re-watch that. The psycho loser cousin drugging all the kids at the party about killed me LOL

#2635 11 months ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Just saw Hades Town, it was pretty good

Schmigadoon is awesome, as is the second season, Schmicago.

When I was in my early 20s, I went for a job interview for an IT job where the interviewer actually asked me "What's your top 3 Sondheim musicals?" My response was "Who's 'Sondheim'?" I got the job anyway and we actually became really good friends and he's now the godfather of my oldest. We ended up signing up for improv classes together and I ended up making it into the musical theater conservatory at second city, mostly on the back of all the local theater musicals he dragged me to over the years.

But yeah, in the beginning, I had the same impression of musicals. I thought they were stupid and saccharine. As time went on, I learned to appreciate them more as the form of escapism entertainment they were intended as. The funny part is, in the mid-30s, musical theater started to take on a darker tone that addressed more social issues, like in Porgy and Bess (I know it's technically an opera, but still), but WW2 reset that for a couple of decades, until the post-golden age. Even now, that era is still more my speed, even if the issues they address seem quaint by modern standards. The funny part is that Schmigadoon lampshades all of that.

Also, whenever I hear Patrick Page speak in the show, my brain immediately gets "Why we build the wall" stuck in it.

Quoted from GoodManners:

I'm liking "Florida Man" so far... Netflix[quoted image]

We just finished this last night. I liked it a lot. The best way I can come up to describe it is Bloodline, if it were a comedy.

#2636 11 months ago

There can be only one musical. And its not Grease. It is The Blues Brothers!

#2637 11 months ago
Quoted from PinFever:

I disagree too, I kinda took it as a mash up between Star Trek and The Fat Albert show, sci-fi with some humor and a message sprinkled in.

#2638 11 months ago
Quoted from thekiyote:

Schmigadoon is awesome, as is the second season, Schmicago.
When I was in my early 20s, I went for a job interview for an IT job where the interviewer actually asked me "What's your top 3 Sondheim musicals?" My response was "Who's 'Sondheim'?" I got the job anyway and we actually became really good friends and he's now the godfather of my oldest. We ended up signing up for improv classes together and I ended up making it into the musical theater conservatory at second city, mostly on the back of all the local theater musicals he dragged me to over the years.
But yeah, in the beginning, I had the same impression of musicals. I thought they were stupid and saccharine. As time went on, I learned to appreciate them more as the form of escapism entertainment they were intended as. The funny part is, in the mid-30s, musical theater started to take on a darker tone that addressed more social issues, like in Porgy and Bess (I know it's technically an opera, but still), but WW2 reset that for a couple of decades, until the post-golden age. Even now, that era is still more my speed, even if the issues they address seem quaint by modern standards. The funny part is that Schmigadoon lampshades all of that.
Also, whenever I hear Patrick Page speak in the show, my brain immediately gets "Why we build the wall" stuck in it.

Wow; I’d like to buy you a beer. Excellent insights.

Im not complaining season 2 moved away from the Lerner & Lowe style more into Chicago. Camelot is one of my all-time faves, but Chicago is way better to parody, IMO. The political satire is not knock-you-over-the-head, which makes it more enjoyable and easier to think about

#2639 11 months ago
Quoted from mtn-:

There can be only one musical. And its not Grease. It is The Blues Brothers!

Truth!! Although I had to say it but I really like Grease for some reason. Might be Stockard Channing, but who can say..

#2640 11 months ago

American Manhunt: The Boston Marathon Bombing on Netflix is really good. Three part documentary about the search for the bombers. Lots of original footage and interviews with the police and FBI who tracked them down.

#2641 11 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Truth!! Although I had to say it but I really like Grease for some reason. Might be Stockard Channing, but who can say..

So do I. Used to watch it with my older sisters when we were kids. Good memories.

#2642 11 months ago

Watched the new 6 part series about collectibles on Netflix, Goldin Touch or something. It was ok.

#2643 11 months ago

Sanctuary, good stuff.

IMG_5683 (resized).jpegIMG_5683 (resized).jpeg
#2644 11 months ago

Most of you folks have watched Ted Lasso, but if you haven't, watch it. Very good show. "We're talking about practice man! Practice!" It's funny even if you don't know, but if you do? Best writers ever...

#2645 11 months ago

Warrior is back! That’s all you need to know!

#2646 11 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I disagree too, I kinda took it as a mash up between Star Trek and The Fat Albert show, sci-fi with some humor and a message sprinkled in.

Fat Albert, really? Whoa, . Seems not enough like it to have another season but Bmore and u like it so I MUST be wrong that it is crap. But no . I think not.
Rather watch paint dry than tune into another episode of Orville . Galaxy quest series is coming,! I am hopeful

#2647 11 months ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Fat Albert, really? Whoa, . Seems not enough like it to have another season but Bmore and u like it so I MUST be wrong that it is crap. But no . I think not.
Rather watch paint dry than tune into another episode of Orville . Galaxy quest series is coming,! I am hopeful

I guess people liked it enough to make 3 seasons worth, same as the original Star Trek, so.............? Not like it was a one and done -

And yes, it reminded me of Fat Albert because those always had a moral message at the end, seemed like most of the Orvilles did too.

If you liked Galaxy Quest you should start a fan club, all 7 of you can get together for coffee someday.

#2648 11 months ago

Great comedy on HBOMAX - Stath Lets Flats

#2649 11 months ago

White.
House.
Plumbers.

#2650 11 months ago

Starting watching silo on appletv, only two episodes available. A little slow at first, but it’s picking up.

There are 3,780 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.