IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
s-l1600aaa (resized).jpg
2222 (resized).jpg
s-l960 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
download (1) (resized).jpeg
There are 3,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 76.
#2551 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Setting up storyline for the end of the season

Yes I get it but this was way too drawn out with poor acting

My son asked-is this Mandalorian?

Hoping 4 gets back on track

#2552 1 year ago

Apple TV, "For All Mankind", an alternate history where Russia landed a man on the moon first and we're playing catch-up -

Also "Hello Tomorrow", a retro-futuristic show about salesmen selling condos for a habitat on the moon -

Both interesting, only a couple episodes in.

#2553 1 year ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Apple TV, "For All Mankind", an alternate history where Russia landed a man on the moon first and we're playing catch-up -
Also "Hello Tomorrow", a retro-futuristic show about salesmen selling condos for a habitat on the moon -
Both interesting, only a couple episodes in.

For All Mankind is AWESOME. Really picks up in season 2 and 3. Season is very good but the show gets better

I couldn’t get into Hello Tomorrow, even though it’s exactly up my alley.. I’d love to hear if it gets more interesting. The production design on that show is amazing! It could be set in the Iron Giant world

#2554 1 year ago

just started Outlander on Netflix, me and my wife binged 7 episodes yesterday, so far so good. 6 season with 11 episodes per season. fair amount of tiddies and smashing in this one.

#2555 1 year ago
Quoted from Oscope:

Several shows on Apple TV+ that my wife and I have enjoyed recently:
Bad Sisters - really surprised me - gotta love the women's Irish accents in this one and how they manage going backward in time segments to maintain suspense
Shrinking - Funny even with some really serious life situations
Ted Lasso - of course with last season run

Also been watching Monster Factory, it’s interesting if you like pro wrestling, or maybe even if not.

Also working my way through the Beastie Boys Story, that’s a must if you are a Beastie Boys fan.

#2556 1 year ago

Not a series
and you have to buy or rent off of Amazon or Vudu
but just watched Roger Sharpe story movie
Pinball : The Man Who Saved the Game

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/pinball-the-man-who-saved-the-game-2023
https://www.newyorker.com/culture/the-front-row/pinball-reviewed-a-remedy-for-your-post-oscar-hangover

#2557 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

just started Outlander on Netflix, me and my wife binged 7 episodes yesterday, so far so good. 6 season with 11 episodes per season. fair amount of tiddies and smashing in this one.

Great show

#2558 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

Great show, gets better in season 2, sags a bit, picks it back up in season 4/5 (I’ve not seen 6). Season 1 though, Yikes. You have been warned about episode 15.

#2559 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Not a series
and you have to buy or rent off of Amazon or Vudu
but just watched Roger Sharpe story movie
Pinball : The Man Who Saved the Game
https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/pinball-the-man-who-saved-the-game-2023
https://www.newyorker.com/culture/the-front-row/pinball-reviewed-a-remedy-for-your-post-oscar-hangover

Just watched it!! It’s fantastic. Nice story line, lots of pinball

Spoiler:
Lol, somehow Big Ben makes it into like 56 scenes

1 week later
#2561 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

For All Mankind is AWESOME. Really picks up in season 2 and 3. Season is very good but the show gets better

We watch 2 episodes a night pretty much, halfway through Season 2 - really liking it! The Nazis just shot up our space station! I love when shows do unexpected things like that -

I actually havent gone back to Hello Tomorrow again - i may tonight though - I'll let you know if it gets any better. It's right up my alley too, and youre right about the production quality, it looks fantastic - -

#2562 1 year ago

Rabbit.
Hole.

#2563 1 year ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I love when shows do unexpected things like that.

Well it won't be unexpected for me after reading that spoiler.

#2564 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yes it will, that's not exactly what happens

#2565 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

such a moderator thing to say, tisk tisk Gweemster

#2566 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Rabbit.
Hole.

I saw the promos for that show. It's gotten a pretty good reviews. I REALLY like the movies it's being compared to: Manchurian Candidate, 3 days of the condor, Parallax View

I just started "Treason" which is a BBC show with Charlie Cox (Daredevil). Pretty compelling, only 5 episodes, but the first 2 were great. Watched it while I was installing Alien mods

AND "My Name" on Netflix is a Korean mob show which looks at first like it's going to be a schoolgirl drama but HOLY CRAP IT IS NOT. That show is nuts!

#2567 1 year ago

Just finished The Night Agent on Netflix it's worth watching if you like FBI/CIA Jack Ryan or The Terminal List action series.

#2568 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I saw the promos for that show. It's gotten a pretty good reviews. I REALLY like the movies it's being compared to: Manchurian Candidate, 3 days of the condor, Parallax View
I just started "Treason" which is a BBC show with Charlie Cox (Daredevil). Pretty compelling, only 5 episodes, but the first 2 were great. Watched it while I was installing Alien mods
AND "My Name" on Netflix is a Korean mob show which looks at first like it's going to be a schoolgirl drama but HOLY CRAP IT IS NOT. That show is nuts!

Only 2 episodes released so far and it’s pretty intense.

#2569 1 year ago

Die Hart Season 2 is out.

#2570 1 year ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Started watching "Your Honor" with Bryan Cranston on prime. Interesting so far.

Actually its on Showtime

#2571 1 year ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Actually its on Showtime

You can watch Showtime via Prime

I’m halfway through “the Night Agent” which is not quite the political thriller I expected, but it’s a decent action show with a couple of twists and turns

#2572 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You can watch Showtime via Prime

Certain episodes, then they want you to pay.

#2573 1 year ago

Homeland on Hulu. Just finished all the seasons. Pretty good.

#2574 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

If you're watching the show, you'll see it coming......and it was just one more thing in a long line of events, i didn't give away a surprise ending or anything......

Can't say enough good things about it (For All Mankind/Apple TV). Best series I've watched in a long time. Would be worth a free or 1 month membership just for this show (to me anyways).

#2575 1 year ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

If you're watching the show, you'll see it coming......and it was just one more thing in a long line of events, i didn't give away a surprise ending or anything......
Can't say enough good things about it (For All Mankind/Apple TV). Best series I've watched in a long time. Would be worth a free or 1 month membership just for this show (to me anyways).

At least we know they will finish season 4 - it finished filming in February, so I think it is supposed to come back in October(!). Season 5 is already planned out; I HOPE they get renewed at least one more time. It should be some serious Star Trek /2001 storylines at that point.

#2576 1 year ago

When is the "White House Plumbers" supposed to come out? HBO's been teasing that for a year, and all they say is "some time in 2023" ?

#2577 1 year ago

Season 2 of Yellowjackets just started. Great show to catch up on if you haven’t watched already.

#2578 1 year ago

Our friends in Korea are on a roll lately, think I enjoyed it even more than Squid Game

D77E0C3D-B622-4AB4-AC22-A83BAF3EE7E2 (resized).jpegD77E0C3D-B622-4AB4-AC22-A83BAF3EE7E2 (resized).jpeg
#2579 1 year ago

Murder mountain on Netflix.

IMG_1526 (resized).jpegIMG_1526 (resized).jpeg
#2580 1 year ago

If you enjoy documentaries or the weed. I enjoy both.

#2581 1 year ago

Really enjoying Wellmania on netflix.

Aussie comedy and cast. The writing and lead actress are hilarious.

#2582 1 year ago

Just watched a 3 ep. little docu-series about the Murdaugh family. Holy shit - crazy fuckers. Very interesting

it may have been Prime - but there's a couple of these about the family. It wasn't the netflix one

#2583 1 year ago

Anyone watching "Lucky Hank" on AMC with Bob Odenkirk? I want to like it cause I like Bob as a actor (Breaking Bad, Saul) but this is boring, watching a bunch of pompous college professors.

#2584 1 year ago

Just finished Beef on Netflix, was pretty good, stars Glenn from the walking dead, which I didn’t even realize until we were done watching it.

#2585 1 year ago

Just finished a re-watch of BoJack Horseman. Animated black-comedy/drama on Netflix. Anthropomorphic, self-loathing horse attempts to make a comeback in Hollywood but instead leaves a wake of destruction with friends, coworkers, family and pretty much everyone else he meets. Deftly handles some very mature themes like mental illness, alcoholism, drug addiction, suicide etc. As an added bonus it has a fantastic soundtrack.

Six seasons, 25 min episodes makes for easy watching but you gotta pay better attention than I did on first watch to really appreciate it.

Originally I graded this show as 'pretty good' but upon 2nd viewing I'm changing my grade to 'elite'

#2586 1 year ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Anyone watching "Lucky Hank" on AMC with Bob Odenkirk? I want to like it cause I like Bob as a actor (Breaking Bad, Saul) but this is boring, watching a bunch of pompous college professors.

I only made it through episode 1. I wanted to like it … but as compelling an actor/personality as Odenkirk is… yeah, I could not figure out why I was supposed to care about his self-caused issues

#2587 1 year ago

All right, I know everyone is going to hate this, but as a musician, I really like musicals. There is a show on Apple TV called “Schmigadoon” which is a —brilliant— parody of broadway shows, starring Cecily Strong (SNL) and Keegan-Michael Key. The first season was a pastiche of the Music Man and a couple other shows, and was pretty good - but season 2 is mostly centered around Chicago, and there are so many in-jokes and goofy songs it is really kicking it up a level. The humor is kind of on the 30 Rock spectrum.

So if you’re not into that, I really dug the “Night Agent” on Netflix. WAAAAAY better than I expected, I basically binged the whole thing in one shot. Not -quite- as good as The Old Man, but close.

Other spy shows: don’t bother with “A Spy Among Friends” or “Condor”. Spy among friends was just godawful boring, and Condor is trying WAY too hard, wink-winking at the audience without actually having anything cool going on. Based on the Robert Redford film from the 70s, and you should just watch that instead.

#2588 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

All right, I know everyone is going to hate this, but as a musician, I really like musicals. There is a show on Apple TV called “Schmigadoon” which is a —brilliant— parody of broadway shows, starring Cecily Strong (SNL) and Keegan-Michael Key. The first season was a pastiche of the Music Man and a couple other shows, and was pretty good - but season 2 is mostly centered around Chicago, and there are so many in-jokes and goofy songs it is really kicking it up a level. The humor is kind of on the 30 Rock spectrum.

No hate.. not the biggest musical fan, but this show is just done REALLY well (maybe even better than any musical my wife had us watch).

#2589 1 year ago

Shrinking on Apple TV *chefs kiss*

#2590 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I really liked Narcos, but I trailed off after S2. I keep meaning to check out the rest of the series (and Mexico), but the subtitles are a bit of a barrier for me.

I think Narcos Mexico is better than Narcos, at least so far. I don't know who any of these actors are, but it's good...

#2591 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I only made it through episode 1. I wanted to like it … but as compelling an actor/personality as Odenkirk is… yeah, I could not figure out why I was supposed to care about his self-caused issues

I still have it set to DVR, and watched one episode the other night (maybe episode #4) it got kinda funny after their school protest they all got drunk at a bar.

#2592 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Just finished a re-watch of BoJack Horseman. Animated black-comedy/drama on Netflix. Anthropomorphic, self-loathing horse attempts to make a comeback in Hollywood but instead leaves a wake of destruction with friends, coworkers, family and pretty much everyone else he meets. Deftly handles some very mature themes like mental illness, alcoholism, drug addiction, suicide etc. As an added bonus it has a fantastic soundtrack.
Six seasons, 25 min episodes makes for easy watching but you gotta pay better attention than I did on first watch to really appreciate it.
Originally I graded this show as 'pretty good' but upon 2nd viewing I'm changing my grade to 'elite'

I love Bojack! The whole show is really well done, but there are a few episodes that are truly brilliant. I also think it has one of the best title sequences in the history of television.

#2593 1 year ago

I am watching the documentary about flint Michigan on netflix. It’s chilling to say the least.

#2594 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I love Bojack! The whole show is really well done, but there are a few episodes that are truly brilliant. I also think it has one of the best title sequences in the history of television.

I was lucky enough to get the season I and II Blu Ray set from Shout! Factory when it came out. Too bad the haven't put any more seasons out.

#2595 1 year ago

watched the final star trek picard episode last night. season 3 was pretty good(best of the 3). But the last episode was very weak on the story. dont want to mention spoilers but there are a few come on really? moments. also watch a little past the credits. there is something there to see.

#2596 1 year ago

Skinwalker ranch new season.
Before the 90.
Murder mountain Netflix.

#2597 1 year ago

I know its a couple years old but Im catching up on Pennyworth,I really enjoy what they have done with it.

#2598 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

watched the final star trek picard episode last night. season 3 was pretty good(best of the 3). But the last episode was very weak on the story. dont want to mention spoilers but there are a few come on really? moments. also watch a little past the credits. there is something there to see.

I enjoyed this season ... but it was entirely forced fan service

#2599 12 months ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I enjoyed this season ... but it was entirely forced fan service

gotta get the eyeballs... The cast seemed to genuinely love getting to work together again. They need to hire Ron Moore to do a big bang finish episode, like a Christmas special or something

#2600 12 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

gotta get the eyeballs... The cast seemed to genuinely love getting to work together again. They need to hire Ron Moore to do a big bang finish episode, like a Christmas special or something

agree, but if sort of felt disconnected from the first 2 seasons which was fine for me

There are 3,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.