pasted_image (resized).png
42C33066-EF4F-438C-AD77-C1E13A4CC45B (resized).jpeg
70351EB0-EAFB-4CB3-A1B9-8AC0109C5AC7 (resized).jpeg
63DBA84C-7D0E-4750-9EA1-036DEEC2CAA4 (resized).jpeg
licorice-pizza-pinball-machine-image-2-1152x1536 (resized).jpg
D9C6462C-2041-4405-92EB-2BD358A454C5 (resized).jpeg
20220928_064647.jpg

There are 2,347 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 47.
#2301 14 days ago

C6B1792E-2673-418E-8CDB-F864111D6003 (resized).jpeg
Watched the whole thing over a couple days. Very good. Imo.

#2302 14 days ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

[quoted image]
Watched the whole thing over a couple days. Very good. Imo.

Thanks for tip. Gonna check it out tonight. Will let you know

#2303 14 days ago
Quoted from Oscope:

I’m up to Ep-5 of The Peripheral on Amazon
Sci-Fi time travel with interesting storyline and characters including taking control of real body shells (peripherals) using virtual headset technology
Enjoying it so far and looks like a winner

its a fantastic show. my only issue is the whole realtime control. there would be so much lag (thats all i'm going to say so as to not spoil the plot)

#2304 14 days ago

started watching avenue5, pretty entertaining if you like space stuff. its a luxury cruise ship that gets off course.

#2305 14 days ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

just started It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
2005 ‧ Sitcom ‧ 15 seasons - HULU
Old show and the first chunk of it is in 4:3 but it's really good and worth a look[quoted image]

One of the funniest shows ever made.
I have to watch with closed captions on because they always talk over each other and I miss so much funny stuff.

#2306 14 days ago

No one has mentioned, probably for good reason, one of my favorite alt comedies: Tropical Cop Tales

It was an Adult Swim show that came out in 2019 and was somehow not renewed for a second season, despite it having had what must have been a miniscule budget.

If you like the weird shit from director Jim Hosking such as The Greasy Strangler and An Evening With Beverly Luff Lynn, then you ought to like this series as well. Grown men running around in eye makeup, blouses and high heels; plenty of fake gore (they were told "no blood" so they use green goo instead); superfluous Shakespearean dialog; a police chief who always yells everything (except when he's singing); and much more (I'll stop since I'm starting to sound like SNL's Stefon listing reasons to visit New York's hottest club! )!

You have to watch it to believe it. It's included with HBO these days (as is most or all of Adult Swim's catalog). Anything you might do to get into a silly mood first will definitely help you enjoy it...

I even think it would make a great pinball theme, with lots of catch phrases and whatnot. It would be "de-luscious!"

#2307 14 days ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I was pleasantly surprized
It had a lot of the same spirit
my wife's only disappointment was that they did not utilize the original mom of Ralphie
to play the same role again.

Just watched, was pretty good
Much better than I expected

#2308 14 days ago
Quoted from Oscope:

Sci-Fi time travel with interesting storyline and characters including taking control of real body shells (peripherals) using virtual headset technology

sort of reminds me of Travelers on Netflix

#2309 14 days ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

started watching avenue5, pretty entertaining if you like space stuff. its a luxury cruise ship that gets off course.

Looks interesting! thanks for sharing

#2310 14 days ago

Inventing Anna on netflix is pretty good. Takes a while to get past Ruth's accent, but if you stick with it, it's not too bothersome.

#2311 14 days ago

You tube vintage 50's to late 60"s Amercana Christmas / summer road trip original video. Hours of amazing pictures and videos. I ask my wife to watch with me and she runs away.

#2312 14 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Inventing Anna on netflix is pretty good. Takes a while to get past Ruth's accent, but if you stick with it, it's not too bothersome.

Ruth Langmore! What a beautiful talented Actor.

#2313 14 days ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:sort of reminds me of Travelers on Netflix[quoted image]

Oh man - I really liked Travelers - couldn’t believe it got cancelled so quickly I hope they will reboot it someday

#2314 13 days ago

I’ve been rewatching Legion with my daughter. It’s just as confusing the second time around but remains one of the most fun, trippy, mind-blowing and revolutionary shows out there. And, a Marvel show no less. Definitely worth checking it if you like non-traditional narrative.

#2315 13 days ago

And, speaking of non-traditional narratives, I just finished season 3 of Atlanta. I never knew what each episode was going to bring but loved every minute of it.

#2316 12 days ago

Watched first episode of The English. Not sure about it yet. Yellowstone is back on!

#2317 12 days ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Watched first episode of The English. Not sure about it yet. Yellowstone is back on!

Its worth watching. its only 6 episodes.

#2318 12 days ago

anyone watching 1899? lots of closed captioning as i think there is 9 different languages , but it has a interesting story line and a good budget.

#2319 12 days ago

1899 looks interesting- just watched the first episode last night.
It comes from the same makers who did ‘Dark’, another pretty cool show.

#2320 12 days ago
Quoted from JMK:

1899 looks interesting- just watched the first episode last night.
It comes from the same makers who did ‘Dark’, another pretty cool show.

We started it last night too, watched the first three, it’s pretty good.

#2321 10 days ago
Quoted from Oscope:

Oh yeah, i'm big time into this. What a strange new sci-fi creativity

#2322 9 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We started it last night too, watched the first three, it’s pretty good.

i watched the first season, looking forward to the next! started peaky blinders, this is a good one also but i need the closed captions some of the accent is hard to catch

#2323 9 days ago

altered carbon, umbrella academy, the witcher, taboo , are some other series on netflix i have enjoyed.

#2324 8 days ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

i watched the first season, looking forward to the next! started peaky blinders, this is a good one also but i need the closed captions some of the accent is hard to catch

Peaky blinders is great except for the new season, stopped watching after a few episodes, just went nowhere.

#2325 8 days ago

WKRP S1 E7

#2326 8 days ago

finished watching andor, Thought it was pretty good.

watched the first 3 episodes of echo 3, a little slow, but might get interesting. they could easily have gotten to where they are in 1 less episode.

rogue heroes is interesting and worth watching. But I can't put my finger on it, something is off. It should be better than it is.

slow horses is coming back dec 2. So if you have not watched it, watch season 1 asap!

#2327 8 days ago

Watching Wednesday, fun series

#2328 7 days ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Watching Wednesday, fun series

I’m looking forward to that. Glad to hear it is good.

#2329 7 days ago

I finished the last Episode of Andor a couple weeks ago. Went right into watching the movie Rogue One, tied in wonderfully, loved it

#2330 7 days ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I finished the last Episode of Andor a couple weeks ago. Went right into watching the movie Rogue One, tied in wonderfully, loved it

Did it come out earlier in other regions? Here in the states it didn’t release until this week.

#2331 7 days ago
Quoted from northerndude:

??? andor just released the 12th episode on wednesday 11/23 at 12am on disney +. Thats when I watched it. maybe it was released earlier for your country?

#2332 7 days ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

??? andor just released the 12th episode on wednesday 11/23 at 12am on disney +. Thats when I watched it. maybe it was released earlier for your country?

LOL< WTF, maybe I didn't know there was more, hahaahaha

#2333 7 days ago

Carnival row is a good one also, some gore and tiddies here and there but not over the top. Stars Orlando Bloom, 1800's england, as mythical beings ( faries, horse people ect) leave their wartorn countries and immigrate to old england.

#2334 6 days ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

Carnival row is a good one also, some gore and tiddies here and there but not over the top. Stars Orlando Bloom, 1800's england, as mythical beings ( faries, horse people ect) leave their wartorn countries and immigrate to old england.

One of my favorite series - fantastic story

#2335 6 days ago

Didnt have anything to watch yesterday after the hockey was finished so I decided to start with "Miracle workers". Pretty funny!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7529770/

#2336 6 days ago

Just now catching Tim Burton's new Netflix series "Wednesday"
Looks good so far
kinda a cross between
Hogwart's and XMen's academy plus Twilight and standard Addam's Family lore.

Best part is when Thing flips off a normal human who call's him Wednesday's pet.

#2337 6 days ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Looks good so far

Agree. Thing is played by an actor, Victor Dorobantu, who in real life is a magician/illusionist and he does seem to bring real emotion to the disembodied hand. Love the Addam's references sprinkled throughout the series.

#2338 6 days ago

Just finished The Terminal List (on prime). Late to the party on this but man it was good. Very dark.

#2339 5 days ago

Not a TV series but a movie called Father Stu, starring Mark Wahlberg. Inspirational and based on a true story.

#2340 5 days ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Just now catching Tim Burton's new Netflix series "Wednesday"
Looks good so far
kinda a cross between
Hogwart's and XMen's academy plus Twilight and standard Addam's Family lore.
Best part is when Thing flips off a normal human who call's him Wednesday's pet.

Also agree with this. So far it's very good. We're 5 episodes in.

Chris

#2341 5 days ago

“Fleishman is in Trouble”. A couple episodes in so far. Really great cast, and I’m hooked.

#2342 4 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

“Fleishman is in Trouble”. A couple episodes in so far. Really great cast, and I’m hooked.

This based off the Fleishman books?

#2343 4 days ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

This based off the Fleishman books?

Apparently it is based off a book. I didn’t know that before your post and then looked it up.

#2344 4 days ago

Turkeys can fly?Right?

#2345 2 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Turkeys can fly?Right?

As God is my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly. Classic episode. Oh, the humanity!

#2346 2 days ago

Finished the Netflix series Wednesday
and was good to see the (new) uncle Fester
also the series somehow reminded me of
the old Scooby Doo Mysteries Inc. show.
The finale had about 3 false reveals and twists of the true villain behind the crimes.

#2347 2 days ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Finished the Netflix series Wednesday
and was good to see the (new) uncle Fester
also the series somehow reminded me of
the old Scooby Doo Mysteries Inc. show.
The finale had about 3 false reveals and twists of the true villain behind the crimes.

By the way, did you notice Christina Ricci is a recurring character in the series? She's always going to be the perfect Wednesday to my mind, just as Raul Julia was for Gomez and Christopher Lloyd was for Fester.

There are 2,347 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!