pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
s-l1600aaa (resized).jpg
2222 (resized).jpg
s-l960 (resized).jpg
There are 3,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 77.
#151 7 years ago

Shameless is something else.

#152 7 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Being the prop master on preacher must be a somewhat fucked up job. Kudos. I read the whole series. A blast.

Haha, thanks. It's a wild time, crazy content and props, but it's a fun show. Great writers, great actors, great producers, just a great crew.

I prop another Sony show called "Underground" for WGN, we our airing our second season now. It's a good show, propping period pieces is a big task. A lot of good press on this show. Check it out.

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg

#153 7 years ago

Sherlock and Trailer Park Boys (skip season 1)

Both streamable on Netflix.

#154 7 years ago

Eh, I've had a bad taste on Trailer Park Boys ever since the guy who plays Bubbles went to jail on assault and battery for choking a woman.

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Eh, I've had a bad taste on Trailer Park Boys ever since the guy who plays Bubbles went to jail on assault and battery for choking a woman.

Not only that, but that show went downhill when Bubbles got that fucking puppet.

#156 7 years ago

Probably goes without saying, but Rick and Morty deserves to be mentioned here

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Not only that, but that show went downhill when Bubbles got that fucking puppet.

Wha? Conky was the highlight of the series, that's the jump the shark moment, they were never that good again.

#158 7 years ago

archer_tvshows (resized).jpgarcher_tvshows (resized).jpg

#159 7 years ago

Dukes.

150701-dukes-of-hazzard-news (resized).jpg150701-dukes-of-hazzard-news (resized).jpg

#160 7 years ago

This is probably the best television show on right now. Seriously funny, watch it this week.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#161 7 years ago

Bates Motel !
Gangland Undercover!

#162 7 years ago

Hap and Leonard has turned out to be a great show after you get into it a few episodes. Also, finally started watching Humans after much insistence from friends. Very intrigued (as I've repeatedly told i would be).

#163 7 years ago

I just started watching Dimension 404. The description I read was a mix of Twilight Zone and Black Mirror along with some snarkiness. Well, that seems to be pretty accurate from the first two episodes I've watched. From the little bit I've seen of the third episode, there's more of the same. So far...I'm liking this Hulu series!

#164 7 years ago

Never gets old.....

http://www.crackle.com/seinfeld

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptK:

I just started watching Dimension 404

looks interesting!

I'm going to be cutting the cord soon, so I'll have Hulu

#166 7 years ago

I think the next series I'm going to watch is The Sopranos, Xfinity on demand. Never saw it back then and think the pinball is great.

#167 7 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

For binge watching on Netflix you may want to try 'Sons Of Anarchy'. It is much better than I expected.
Gord

Sons Of Anarchy was good but went downhill fast in the last season. The ending of the series was one of the worst I've ever seen.
By the time I saw the finale, I hated every character in the show and wished I hadn't wasted all my time watching the series. The ending was that bad.......

#168 7 years ago

I can't believe nobody has mentioned OZ. OZ is one of the best tv series and it's set in a men's prison.

#169 7 years ago

Justified is my all time favorite series. It's on amazon video if you have it. Also I just recently got my wife hooked on "The Strain". Really great show also. The good/bad thing is there are so many great tv series that have come out in the last ten years. It's really hard to choose sometimes.

#170 7 years ago

DICE is probably the funniest new show.

If you always hated Andrew Dice Clay, you will laugh so hard at this series

#171 7 years ago

Brockmire

#172 7 years ago

Lots of good shows mentioned that I'll add to my list...

Anyone catch Wentworth? Women's prison show. Much better than Orange is the New Black.

#173 7 years ago

Some other good shows not getting much mention in this thread yet:

Ballers
iZombie
Spartacus

#174 7 years ago

Westworld
Game of Thrones
The Americans
The Wire
Billions

#175 7 years ago

I forgot to say watched Band of Brothers, was ok but not great, The Pacific was not as good imo

#176 7 years ago

I'm watching Twin Peaks, it's pretty good so far.

#177 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm watching Twin Peaks, it's pretty good so far.

The first season was phenomenal! The second season was a letdown, but I still enjoyed it.

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from emsrph:

Lots of good shows mentioned that I'll add to my list...
Anyone catch Wentworth? Women's prison show. Much better than Orange is the New Black.

That's a good one!!!! Even though I enjoy OITNB.....the Wentworth series blows it away!!!

#179 7 years ago

I just watched all 12 episodes of the travelers in 3 nights. Pretty good and well acted. Netflix is pumping out some good original content.

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Prison break. Great show. Leaves you wanting to watch 1 more. They just started back after 7 years.

I didn't realize they had brought it back with new episodes until last night. Cool, cool.

#181 7 years ago

I'd also like to recommend "the good place". It's an interesting take on the afterlife ...

#182 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

That's a good one!!!! Even though I enjoy OITNB.....the Wentworth series blows it away!!!

Just watched the first episode, and I like it, but I don't think one can compare them, since it's a straight drama, while OITNB is a dramedy.

It's Australian, and I had to turn on closed captioning to understand everything they were saying. Educational, too, now I know what a "gobby" is!

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from RampShot11:

Justified is my all time favorite series.

Quoted from rai:

I think my problem is trying to be hooked after 1-2 episodes. I have watched Justified just 1-2 episodes in.

If you don't like Justified, then I can't help you.

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

If you don't like Justified, then I can't help you.

Timothy Olyphant is a tremendous actor and I think his character in justified is good but I couldn't get into it even after watching the first season. I wanted to like it.

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Probably goes without saying, but Rick and Morty deserves to be mentioned here
» YouTube video

Oh, look. Is that a Banzai Run in the back ground?

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Legion. I just finished the first season on FX. One of the best shows on TV right now IMO. Unlike anything else.

I second, third of fourth this!!! Legion is one of the nuttiest shows on TV right now. Good story, superpowers, Marvel, great visual effects. What more do you need? And Aubrey Plaza is hot as hell.

I've watched The Detour a little, and that show is pretty friggin funny as well.

#187 7 years ago

I definitely vote to bring this guy the hell back....somehow. Walter!!!!!!!!

WWhite (resized).jpgWWhite (resized).jpg

#188 7 years ago

Homeland
Ink masters

#189 7 years ago

True Blood

dd (resized).jpgdd (resized).jpg

True-Blood-Season-3-Cast-Photo1 (resized).jpgTrue-Blood-Season-3-Cast-Photo1 (resized).jpg

#190 7 years ago

I was on a flight a few weeks ago and saw a show called "billions" got hooked, have now watched all episodes to date. Great show

#191 7 years ago

Spelled wrong

#192 7 years ago

It was throw away soap opera crap...and was a guilty pleasure of mine. I watched every episode.

Sookay!

#193 7 years ago

I watched all of tru blood too. A great show.

#194 7 years ago

The new season of MST3K just dropped on Netflix. First movie is a 1961 Danish monster flick about a giant prehistoric snake thing. Think Godzilla with more blond people.

It's worth a gander.

#195 7 years ago

I hated MadMen when i first watched it. Took a couple of episodes, but the characters make it worth it.

The 2nd Series in true Detective also turned me off, but I watched it later and enjoyed it. Woody and Matt just set the bar so freaking high in the first one, it was virtually impossible for S2 to measure up. It is still good for what it is. Thought VVaughn did a good job against typecast.

+1 on Black Sails. lots of killin, boobs, and treachery.

Billions is OK. It took me a long time to stop thinking of Damian Lewis as Cpt Winters from Band of Brothers.

two older series not mentioned in the OP: The Shield and Band of Brothers. Both are worth the time, and then some.

#196 7 years ago

I fully agree band of brothers is worth a watch...

my grandfather was a tank driver in ww2. He never spoke of the war while he was alive to me. Later in life he spoke in his great grand kids class of the war, I missed that.

I did not really like my grandpa that much in life, he was a bitter old Italian. But he softened in time and I had some magic memories before he passed. He was also probably a true American hero. He fought in ww2 to protect our peace today. He was an auto worker at ford in the heyday of America.

Miss you now gramps go figure... Ok back to movies and shit.

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from JNX:

Billions is OK. It took me a long time to stop thinking of Damian Lewis as Cpt Winters from Band of Brothers.

Lewis is a great actor. He was in a show I really liked called "Life".

#198 7 years ago

A great show that no one has mentioned is The Missing season 1 and 2. It's on Starz

#199 7 years ago

River monsters. Feels like deja Vu saying it and typing it.

Always loved the show. Almost every single episode. I guess I'm a fan, they got me with the monsters. I love river monsters.

#200 7 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

River monsters. Feels like deja Vu saying it and typing it.
Always loved the show. Almost every single episode. I guess I'm a fan, they got me with the monsters. I love river monsters.

JELLIKIT?

There are 3,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 77.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.