pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
s-l1600aaa (resized).jpg
2222 (resized).jpg
There are 3,824 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 77.
#1801 1 year ago

Finished Letterkenny on Hulu and started Only Murders In The Building last night - not a huge Martin Short fan and it's not what I expected, enjoying it.

#1802 1 year ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Finished Letterkenny on Hulu and started Only Murders In The Building last night - not a huge Martin Short fan and it's not what I expected, enjoying it.

I think I said this already, but Only Murders in the Building is a nice turn by both Martins, even if you're not a huge fan of them in general.

#1803 1 year ago

I don’t believe I’ve seen this mentioned yet, but The Bear on Hulu is good for the right audience. If you like Lip from Shameless, Chicago themed shows, or have ever worked in a kitchen it’s worth checking out. Short episodes and the biggest drawback is there’s only one season so far.

#1804 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Same here. Stranger things is really solid in all aspects. Casting doesn't normally get a ton of credit, but they nailed it.

I feel there is an episode 10 that is missing, or else they are planning another season or movie to finish it. There is just too much left unfinished to end it here.
Spoiler alert:
I’m assuming that based on Will”s emotional reactions toward Els boyfriend, that he is gay and jealous of their relationship? Or is there something else going on there? And is Vecna just a henchman of the giant spider looking thing?

#1805 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I feel there is an episode 10 that is missing, or else they are planning another season or movie to finish it. There is just too much left unfinished to end it here.
Spoiler alert:
I’m assuming that based on Will”s emotional reactions toward Els boyfriend, that he is gay and jealous of their relationship? Or is there something else going on there? And is Vecna just a henchman of the giant spider looking thing?

The Dufner brothers have said they are planning another season and shooting should begin soon.

#1806 1 year ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

The Dufner brothers have said they are planning another season and shooting should begin soon.

Netflix saving some cash by replacing the Duffer bros, eh?

#1807 1 year ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I was under the impression this was definitely the last season. I guess they changed their minds. Cool.

#1808 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Netflix saving some cash by replacing the Duffer bros, eh?

Yeah they changed to the B team because of all the complaints.

#1809 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Spoiler alert:

I couldn't help but feel for this entire season Will being even casted was a complete waste of the actors time. as a character he contributed almost nothing to the group and storyline.

#1810 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I couldn't help but feel for this entire season Will being even casted was a complete waste of the actors time. as a character he contributed almost nothing to the group and storyline.

Pretty much. His contribution was to be a whiny and emotional snowflake.

#1811 1 year ago

You could literally see him wondering what his next line was while the others were talking.

#1812 1 year ago

Every now and then one of the teens would be smiling through the scene. They need to curb that.

Stop smiling man, unless it’s in the script. Imo.

Other than that, totally love the show.

#1813 1 year ago

I think the acting is incredible by practically all parties.

The complaints about Will being whiny are kind of confusing to me. He's gay in a time where that's still very taboo (and apparently still enough so that people are complaining about it being a storyline). He was forced out of his childhood by a traumatic experience, and desperately wants things to go back to the way they used to be, but everyone else has moved on. The opposite sex complicates that childhood innocence, and I think we all know that. It's logical that he would want to hold off on experiencing that next stage in life for fear of losing those people that have been closest to him.

All that, and he's being held hostage by a supernatural entity that uses him as a vessel for its bidding.

I've seen more whining here about luxury toys getting dimples.

#1814 1 year ago

I haven’t seen anyone complain about Will being gay. It’s not really a storyline yet. Maybe next season. He’s just rather meh as a character. The whinyness in the face of the pending end of the world is a turn off.

#1815 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I was under the impression this was definitely the last season. I guess they changed their minds. Cool.

Hey Vic, I just saw that I inadvertently had a down vote on your post. Must have hit it by accident. Sorry.

#1816 1 year ago

3 episodes into Animal Kingdom and already hooked
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1817 1 year ago
Quoted from Marshall_ry:

I don’t believe I’ve seen this mentioned yet, but The Bear on Hulu is good for the right audience. If you like Lip from Shameless, Chicago themed shows, or have ever worked in a kitchen it’s worth checking out. Short episodes and the biggest drawback is there’s only one season so far.

Just binged this show and really enjoyed it! Loved the music and how authentic to Chicago it was and I thought the acting and the cast was really top notch.

#1818 1 year ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Hey Vic, I just saw that I inadvertently had a down vote on your post. Must have hit it by accident. Sorry.

No problem. I didn’t actually notice. I have accidentally given out a bunch when using my iPhone. One was a pinsider who posted a pic of his daughter. I got a pm over that one. I don’t think he believed me when I said it was an accident as he ignored my reply. Anyway, let me take you off the list.

#1819 1 year ago
86E03836-CD1F-46C4-BC5B-576370189239 (resized).jpeg86E03836-CD1F-46C4-BC5B-576370189239 (resized).jpeg
#1820 1 year ago

Glad I called that guy

#1821 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Glad I called that guy

I use that quote far too often, HA!!

#1822 1 year ago

Hottest new show out is Black Bird. Inspired by true events. It’s on Apple TV. Go watch it now.

Bonus - Ray Liotta’s last acting job.

#1823 1 year ago

Finally finished Stranger Things 4. I really liked it, including the last two episodes. Yes, they sidelined some of the main characters, but honestly, I’m not sure they’re the main characters anymore. The season had a different vibe from the prior seasons and didn’t feel like more of the same. I hope they cross the finish line in the next season and have a satisfying conclusion.

#1824 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Hottest new show out is Black Bird. Inspired by true events. It’s on Apple TV. Go watch it now.
Bonus - Ray Liotta’s last acting job.

Started this, first two episodes interesting enough. It's a true crime adaptation that will likely appeal to anyone that liked shows like Mindhunter.

Gonna reserve grading on this until its over. Has some solid acting by the leads but has some weakly acted secondary characters that bother me - maybe a result of some poor scripting? I always feel shows like this really need to stick the landing to be worthwhile but its only six 1 hour episodes over the next month so I will watch it.

Example of terrible, hokey scripting - this entire exchange took place in 30 seconds while they were dropping *Hero* off at a new prison to befriend the serial killer.

Hero: I don't want to do this!

FBI agent: C'mon man we really need you!

Hero: Alright, I'll do it!

1 week later
#1825 1 year ago

Just watched the first episode of The Rehearsal on HBO Max. It's Nathan Fielder from the show Nathan for You, and the new show is kind of a bizarre docu-comedy where he helps people "rehearse" difficult social interactions by bringing in actors, building replica sets, etc. Super weird and funny.

#1826 1 year ago

Finished 3 seasons of the The Umbrella Academy on Netflix.

#1827 1 year ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Finished 3 seasons of the The Umbrella Academy on Netflix.

Spoiler alert!

I enjoyed the series, but all the bitching kinda had me not caring if the world was about to end!

#1829 1 year ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Just watched the first episode of The Rehearsal on HBO Max. It's Nathan Fielder from the show Nathan for You, and the new show is kind of a bizarre docu-comedy where he helps people "rehearse" difficult social interactions by bringing in actors, building replica sets, etc. Super weird and funny.

Nathan for You was a great show. Really looking forward to checking out The Rehearsal.

#1830 1 year ago
Quoted from fuzz:

South Beach Tow
Bernice rules!

The only thing I’ll watch!

Not sure you want to be outed, but fuzz is a heavy weight prop master.

#1831 1 year ago

For All Mankind on AppleTV+

#1832 1 year ago

Just finished watching (binged)
The Old Man
with Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow
on FX/Hulu.
Only 7 episodes in Season 1
and left with a huge unresolved cliffhanger
in the season finale.
Jeff plays a still badass ex-CIA agent (though definitely old and aching)
with something from the past (think 1980s Russian Afghan war)
coming back to haunt him.
Closest comparison might be Showtime's Homeland

#1833 1 year ago

Ok, two from me.
Just finished The Old Man, thought it was fantastic.

Also just finished “The Bear”. Guy inherits his brothers restaurant after the brother (owner) takes his own life.

Chaos ensues. Enjoy it

#1834 1 year ago

Watched season 5 of Virgin River. I thought it was okay. Maybe not as good as the first couple seasons. No idea if they'll do a sixth season.

LTG : )

#1835 1 year ago

Started watching "Patriot" from 2015 (on Amazon Prime). Dark drama comedy. From wikipedia:

"To prevent Iran from going nuclear, intelligence officer John Tavner must forgo all safety nets and assume a perilous non-official cover ("NOC") of a mid-level employee at a Milwaukee industrial piping firm."
--

I really enjoy the series.

#1836 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

The Old Man
on FX/Hulu.
in the season finale.

skip it.. it was a waste of time..

#1837 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

The Old Man
on FX/Hulu.
in the season finale.

Recommended it a few post back
My Daughter works for the show and it's already been renewed for season 2

#1838 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Recommended it a few post back
My Daughter works for the show and it's already been renewed for season 2

Nice! I enjoyed it. Glad to know it's renewed.

#1839 1 year ago

It may be a bit old news, but the series TURN is really well written - Washington's spy ring during the Revolutionary War.

The Old Man was meh. Pacing at times was slowwwww. And I often enjoy British series like Poirot and Foyle's War, where pacing slow is normal.

For All Mankind is good, but I wish they had kept it in the 50s-60s. Felt better "historically". Nothing wrong tho.

#1840 1 year ago

Turn is a+

2 weeks later
#1841 1 year ago

Severance deleted scenes with stephen colbert *spoiler alert*

#1842 1 year ago

Just watched The Sandman on Netflix. Thought it was very good.

#1843 1 year ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Two episodes in, and I’m really liking this a lot as well. Glad it stays good.

#1844 1 year ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Same here. Did you ever watch "American Gods"? Also written (books) by Neil Gaiman.

#1845 1 year ago

Sandman is a masterpiece in my opinion. Having read number one the week it came out and now seeing it brought to screen is spectacular. I can even see how the little things in the book influenced me through life.

Season two is going to be amazing.

#1846 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Nathan for You was a great show. Really looking forward to checking out The Rehearsal.

The Rehearsal is hilarious

#1847 1 year ago

Not a show, but a film - PREY is streaming, and it's really good. I'd put in up there with Predator and Predators as the best of that IP.

#1848 1 year ago

The season finale of All Mankind was something else. Just wow. That show deserves to win a ton of awards.

#1849 1 year ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

The season finale of All Mankind was something else. Just wow. That show deserves to win a ton of awards.

She went Ironman… the Korean bit was pretty hard to believe. But still very entertaining.

#1850 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Watched season 5 of Virgin River. I thought it was okay. Maybe not as good as the first couple seasons. No idea if they'll do a sixth season.
LTG : )

My wife was really into this show but she bailed after like half an episode this season. It's crazy how much high school drama a middle-aged big city nurse and small town bartender can have.

There are 3,824 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 77.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.