By rai

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nick foot (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 20-55-22 Nose Boy Is Yet Another Bit From Dan Schneider That Seems Inappropriate Now (resized).png
IMG_2115 (resized).png
we-are-lady-parts-peacock-poster (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
5675773ab24117888a271de4334cd519 (resized).jpg
download.jpeg
Fallout (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
There are 3,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 77.
#1751 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Just finished the first season of Yellowstone. My wife and I are really enjoying this show. We're trying to make it last,and not binge watch it .

HA, good luck with that.

Finish Yellowstone, then head over for 1883. You have a lot of episodes to get through then.

#1752 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Getting ready for The Old Man

Liking it so far! Looks like the dudes who are after him should have gotten ready for him, too!

#1753 1 year ago

Is it cake is an interesting distraction on Netflix. I’m a fan of the host on s n l .

BC72EC4B-668D-4561-94BB-D8F85041CC4C (resized).jpegBC72EC4B-668D-4561-94BB-D8F85041CC4C (resized).jpeg
#1754 1 year ago

I started watching Letterkenny on Hulu a few weeks ago, on season 7 -

Also started 30 Rock on Netflix and saw this last night -

20220620_192105 (resized).jpg20220620_192105 (resized).jpg
#1755 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Is it cake is an interesting distraction on Netflix. I’m a fan of the host on s n l .[quoted image]

i liked him back when he was doing david blaine parodies on youtube

#1756 1 year ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Severance!
Severance!
And severance again.
Probably the best show I have seen in a long time.
I want season 2 now!

jorge5240 how long do i have to hang in? i mean to each their own, but i am doing my best to make it through episode 1...

#1757 1 year ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

jorge5240 how long do i have to hang in? i mean to each their own, but i am doing my best to make it through episode 1...

The first two episodes are like WTF. I should have ate some chocolate before watching this but it is well worth it.

Seriously one of the best shows I have ever seen.

#1758 1 year ago

Tokyo Vice and Stranger Things 4 have been the best shows of 2022 so far.
Honorable mention: Outer Range

#1759 1 year ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

The first two episodes are like WTF. I should have ate some chocolate before watching this but it is well worth it.
Seriously one of the best shows I have ever seen.

Same here. I wasn't initially impressed by the first episode but it turned out really good.

Lots of good stuff out there recently, including The Offer & The Boys. Session 3 of the umbrella academy comes out tomorrow.

#1760 1 year ago

My Apple TV show grades (Only on S2E4 of Tehran)

Ted Lasso A+

Sudeikis absolutely nails his role and the supporting cast is phenomenal. Storylines keep moving with a brilliant mix of comedy and drama.

Severance A

Fans of Black Mirror or Dark will love this sci-fi show, starts off a bit confusing but everything is slowly revealed and eventually ties together. I would urge others to stick with it as I cant wait for season 2

Tehran B+

Probably should rate as incomplete since I haven't finished it yet but so far it reminds me a lot of The Bureau. Who among us doesn't love a good, subtitled international espionage story? I'm pretty sure this is the first Israeli show I have seen it more than holds its own for entertainment value.

Mythic Quest B

This is the toughest to grade; fans of IASIP will love seeing Rob McElhenney showing what would happen if Mac moved to California and worked for a software startup. Feels like an uneven mix of comedic actors so scenes with Hornsby (who was also in IASIP) and newcomer Charlotte Nicdao work but others seem to lack chemistry and just feel forced. Seems like they pulled in Danny Pudi and only asked him to play his character Abed from Community?? The lesbian software testers? Stop it - that storyline didn't land as comedy, drama, romance or anything else - was just screen time filler. I thought the CW backstory and revenge episodes were great

#1761 1 year ago

Great first episode but yeah, well you know, thats just like, my opinion man.

C08FA748-24C4-40EA-BE7E-89B4128CF689 (resized).jpegC08FA748-24C4-40EA-BE7E-89B4128CF689 (resized).jpeg
#1762 1 year ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

Great first episode but yeah, well you know, thats just like, my opinion man.[quoted image]

Love me some Jeff Bridges, going to have to check that out! And so glad he made it out the other side of cancer and covid, he always brings something interesting and unique to a role. Here's hoping the Dude abides for a few more decades.

[EDIT: Just rewatched Iron Man recently with my kids, another great Bridges performance I'd forgotten, and a reminder that he plays a great villain.]

#1763 1 year ago

I am going to watch the dude and hoping for some extra violence.

#1764 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

HA, good luck with that.
Finish Yellowstone, then head over for 1883. You have a lot of episodes to get through then.

And by the time you watch that, 1932 prequel will be out sometime next year. I just got the call to prop master it. Shoots Oct-Feb in Montana. I passed, I'm on a disney feature in Boston till late October. Also, after last winter in the US Rockies for Outer Range and then straight to the Canadian Rockies for Predator. I'm good on the mountain exteriors for a minute.

Also, if any Yellowstone fans are not aware S5 is being shot now.

#1765 1 year ago

"Rebinged" Peacemaker this weekend. Dont regret it Now Im gonna check out that old man everybody keep talking about.

#1766 1 year ago

I kind of wish I had waited to start "The Old Man" until the whole season was bingeable. I'm not used to waiting around a week for a new episode anymore.

Finally finished "The Handmaid's Tale"... I guess now I can just watch the news in lieu of a new season.

#1767 1 year ago

I stumbled upon this show purely by accident, but I'm really enjoying Arcane: League of Legends. It's an animated Netflix show based on the video game. Most shows based on games suck, but this one has really interesting characters, solid writing, and some very cool animation.

#1768 1 year ago

Just finished The Night Of. Pretty good.

#1769 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Just finished The Night Of. Pretty good.

That was a good one. I really would have liked to see what it would have been like with Gandolfini, but Torturro did a great job.

#1770 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

That was a good one. I really would have liked to see what it would have been like with Gandolfini, but Torturro did a great job.

That was good, John Turturro is a great character actor.

#1771 1 year ago

Was Gandolfini supposed to be in The Night Of before he died?

#1772 1 year ago

The Boys S 3 has been great

#1773 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Was Gandolfini supposed to be in The Night Of before he died?

Yep. The part was written for him, and he's credited as a producer.

#1774 1 year ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

The Boys S 3 has been great

I think you meant to say it's been diabolical. And I totally agree.

#1775 1 year ago

I ran out of episodes of The Boys. Apparently it's a weekly installment.

#1776 1 year ago

I ran out of episodes of The Boys. Apparently it's a weekly installment.

I think the season is done. It's been 8 each year.

If it hasn't come up much. "Barry" is fuckin unreal show. Bill Hader is brilliant in it and the use of comedy and absolute seriousness in the same minute takes it up ten notches for me.

#1777 1 year ago

There's only been 6 so far, still 2 more left

imdb the boys (resized).pngimdb the boys (resized).png
#1778 1 year ago
Quoted from Jigs:

And by the time you watch that, 1932 prequel will be out sometime next year. I just got the call to prop master it. Shoots Oct-Feb in Montana. I passed, I'm on a disney feature in Boston till late October. Also, after last winter in the US Rockies for Outer Range and then straight to the Canadian Rockies for Predator. I'm good on the mountain exteriors for a minute.
Also, if any Yellowstone fans are not aware S5 is being shot now.

I think it'll be available early November.

#1779 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

There's only been 6 so far, still 2 more left[quoted image]

OH shit!! Sweet!!!! LOL

#1780 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I think it'll be available early November.

Which one ? 1932? ( which I hear is changing names to 1923)

Or Yellowstone? If it’s Yellowstone. That is a good projected date, but they are just now starting ep 503, let me just say that from what I know there could be delays.

#1781 1 year ago

That’s the Sony way. They started that 8 episode rule in 2016 due to market studies. I was doing a 10 episode run for Preacher S2 and we got the shift mid season. Good times

#1782 1 year ago

Just finished the 5th season the last kingdom. It think it was interesting. Let’s see if they make the movie to finish it.

#1783 1 year ago
Quoted from Jigs:

That’s the Sony way. They started that 8 episode rule in 2016 due to market studies. I was doing a 10 episode run for Preacher S2 and we got the shift mid season. Good times

OMG, you did Preacher? I know it's weird, and got real weird (well the books are also!) But one of my fav's!!!!

#1784 1 year ago

No one is watching Dark Winds on AMC?

Yeah, the title sounds like a Dean Koontz book title, but I'm digging it so far. With Robert Redford and George R. R. Martin among the Executive Producers, it's visually stunning, and the story so far is intriguing enough. Another one I wish I could binge right away.

I also thought Under the Banner of Heaven was a good watch, and it's bingeable at this point. I was surprised neither of these shows had been mentioned previously here.

On a lighter note, season two of Only Murders in the Building has dropped on Hulu.

#1785 1 year ago

OMG, you did Preacher? I know it's weird, and got real weird (well the books are also!) But one of my fav's!!!!

Preach! I love Preacher! I generally pass on shoot-em-ups, but Preacher goes hyper-violent and becomes a parody of violence. And the rest of the time it is indeed very weird, not to mention irreverent. Rewatched the whole series recently, and I even play the soundtrack on Spotify from time to time.

#1786 1 year ago

I was the prop master for the first 3 seasons. My son was around 12 when it went to Australia for the 4th season, which he didn’t want me to do. So I had to decline, it was tough, I loved that show and poured my heart into some whacky ass props.

#1787 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Preach! I love Preacher! I generally pass on shoot-em-ups, but Preacher goes hyper-violent and becomes a parody of violence. And the rest of the time it is indeed very weird, not to mention irreverent. Rewatched the whole series recently, and I even play the soundtrack on Spotify from time to time.

The soundtrack is great. We had a blast on that one. I still have a phone to god on my desk at home. Thrilled to hear you and others enjoyed it. It was a trip.

#1788 1 year ago
Quoted from Jigs:

I was the prop master for the first 3 seasons. My son was around 12 when it went to Australia for the 4th season, which he didn’t want me to do. So I had to decline, it was tough, I loved that show and poured my heart into some whacky ass props.

I can only imagine what crazy fucked up stuff you needed to create

#1789 1 year ago

I built an edible horse on a rotisserie in 3 days once. I also in the same episode built an exploded anus that spit out o vile of someone’s soul, to mention a few.

I learned early on that Sam Catlin and Seth Rogen loved penis shaped things.

Look at s2 episodes 1 or 2. When Tulip kills the guy with a wedding chapel buzzer. Look at it upside down.

#1790 1 year ago

I'm sure they've been mentioned, since I'm jumping in very late.

Ted Lasso is awesome. Agree about Yellowstone. Orville new season is fun. Been watching For All Mankind, pretty cool so far. Avoid Obi-Wan. It's extremely old now, but I discovered Blacklist recently. I dunno about the Boys. I watched and liked it, but now it seems just...stupid violent. Have to give it more time this season. And yeah, Only Murders in the Building is great too.

#1791 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Added Apple TV. Should come as news to no one but Ted Lasso S1 is outstanding

This just needs to be said. No other show gives such a great, upbeat feeling. I actually would watch a soccer match now as a side effect.

Also, Loki if you haven't seen it is good.

Forgot to mention a great Norwegian series retelling the Thor legend in a clever way. Ragnarok. You get used to the subtitles. (Netflix)

#1792 1 year ago

I am going to binge watch preacher this weekend. To the prop master!

I have read the entire comic run years ago and Loved it.

7C358D7E-E47B-45EC-9FA0-F34612F54544 (resized).jpeg7C358D7E-E47B-45EC-9FA0-F34612F54544 (resized).jpeg
#1793 1 year ago

Stranger things…. The season was awesome! Then they dropped the last two. Just terrible. Really no point. Where the hell are you going with this? I get it now let’s just put some shit out there and chimps will eat up!

#1794 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Stranger things…. The season was awesome! Then they dropped the last two. Just terrible. Really no point. Where the hell are you going with this? I get it now let’s just put some shit out there and chimps will eat up!

I really enjoyed the final two episodes of the season.

#1795 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Where the hell are you going with this?

Ok so I am not alone

I thought-I need to rewatch the last two episodes -what just happened?

#1796 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I feel like the last 2 episodes left so many things unexplained of what's going to happen. I was pissed originally knowing season 4 was the last, but now i'm reading there will be one more season.

#1797 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I am going to binge watch preacher this weekend. To the prop master!
I have read the entire comic run years ago and Loved it. [quoted image]

Sweet! I'll dig through my prop warehouse when I'm back in November. I've got a few screen used items for fans like you guys.

#1798 1 year ago

OK, finally dove into Longmire. 6 seasons on Netflix. Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck in the Battlestar Gallactica second run), Lou Diamond Phillips, and a host of other recognizable actors. Good strong stories, wild Wyoming justice meets native american storylines...

Worth the squeeze!

#1799 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

OK, finally dove into Longmire. 6 seasons on Netflix. Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck in the Battlestar Gallactica second run), Lou Diamond Phillips, and a host of other recognizable actors. Good strong stories, wild Wyoming justice meets native american storylines...
Worth the squeeze!

Yeah - Yellowstone light. I enjoyed it.

#1800 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I really enjoyed the final two episodes of the season.

Same here. Stranger things is really solid in all aspects. Casting doesn't normally get a ton of credit, but they nailed it.

There are 3,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 77.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/36?hl=fxdwg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.