Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
s-l1600aaa (resized).jpg
2222 (resized).jpg
s-l960 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
download (1) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
There are 3,781 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 76.
#1601 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Stath Lets Flats
We watched the first two episodes last night and were cracking up at the cringe comedy. Lead character is a realtor and reminds me very much of Ricky Gervais’ character in the original Office.
I think it’s on HBO Max and there’s 3 seasons or 6-8 episodes each.

Hope a Realtor(R) doesn't see that and give you a lecture! Stath is actually a leasing agent. The term "to let" meaning to lease out has fallen into disfavor in the states, but apparently not in Britain, and of course "flat" means apartment. Being a leasing agent means spending time in the office, more than a real estate agent generally does, so that helps the plots along and gives those parts a "The Office" vibe more than a show about a lone real estate agent might.

But mainly I'm commenting to laud the inclusion in the cast of the main character's real-life sister, Natasia Demetriou of What We Do In The Shadows fame. I find her to be a delight, in this show especially.

The reviews complain about it getting repetitive, but that's part of the fun of cringe comedy, how the protagonist never learns.

#1602 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Better Call Saul.Damn last nights episode so good

Great episode!! Sorry to see ..... go.

#1603 1 year ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Great episode!! Sorry to see ..... go.

But what a way to go!Like a big dog

#1604 1 year ago

Just finished Ozark Not bad

#1605 1 year ago

Finished Severance. Man that is a great show.

I thought there was a second season already.

That is a bummer, but if you haven’t check the first season, give it a shot.

#1606 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Just finished Ozark Not bad

Can’t wait to watch it. I hope you didn’t get me to hyped about it. I don’t want a let down.

#1607 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Can’t wait to watch it. I hope you didn’t get me to hyped about it. I don’t want a let down.

Except for the excessive rap music that Ruth seems to like, I thought it was pretty good.

#1608 1 year ago

The Offer is pretty good so far, but not great. I'm a big Godfather fan, so worth watching.

New season of Better Call Saul has been great as expected. Will be sorry to see this one end!

After falling asleep in every episode and shaking my head at so many cringe worthy stupid or poorly acted scenes, I'm just going to say it: Outer Range sucks. I wanted to like it, but it is just simply bad.

Was surprised by liking The Outlaws. I gave it a try because it had Christopher Walken, but it really didn't look like something I would like. Next thing you know, I had watched the whole season and liked it!!

#1609 1 year ago

Lol - there was a purpose to that. You must not be a Nas fan otherwise you would picked up on it.

At least it wasn’t the new garbage that’s out today.

Quoted from rx3:

Except for the excessive rap music that Ruth seems to like, I thought it was pretty good.

#1610 1 year ago

Watched the first couple episodes of Bosch: Legacy. It's on a free Amazon sub channel called FreeVee or something like that so it does have limited commercials but it's 'free' even if you don't have Prime.

Anywho. Basically it's like Bosch season 8 except he is now retired and working as a PI and his daughter is a rookie cop. I expect from previews that several characters from Bosch will make appearances

Definitely watch Bosch first if you haven't but if you have jump right in and enjoy

#1611 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

The Offer is pretty good so far, but not great. I'm a big Godfather fan, so worth watching.
New season of Better Call Saul has been great as expected. Will be sorry to see this one end!
After falling asleep in every episode and shaking my head at so many cringe worthy stupid or poorly acted scenes, I'm just going to say it: Outer Range sucks. I wanted to like it, but it is just simply bad.
Was surprised by liking The Outlaws. I gave it a try because it had Christopher Walken, but it really didn't look like something I would like. Next thing you know, I had watched the whole season and liked it!!

I mentioned the offer to a friend of mine and his reply was he should watch the movies first.. I was a bit shocked by that.. especially since he is 50+..

#1612 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

It was a challenging shoot. We were just in the heat of covid and the show had some big exterior locations in the middle of winter. I haven't watched the show, I saw most of it through dailies. But, I've been curious what people would think, so I've been looking at this thread to see if any pinheads are watching it.

I prepped the series and shot the first two episodes, staying on as supervising prop master for episodes 3 and 4. We had many of talks in the prop office about the show and it's mysteries. We had a great showrunner and I enjoy working in New Mexico... some of my best friends in the biz are there. But, I landed a big feature and left on good terms.

It's interesting to read the reviews coming in now, as they are on your side of the fence or they love it.

On a side note, Josh Brolin is one of the coolest guys out there. A real genuine dude.

#1613 1 year ago

I started watching outer range with my fiancée. Now we have polarization at a home level.

I like/ she passed.

The reason is I think it’s a slow burn show. I am enjoying it. The payoff was not enough for her.

I find that interesting because she typically enjoys this type of show.

It happens though, I will be finishing it. I myself love almost any attempt at this kind of thing. No spoilers.

#1614 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I started watching outer range with my fiancée. Now we have polarization at a home level.
I like/ she passed.
The reason is I think it’s a slow burn show. I am enjoying it. The payoff was not enough for her.
I find that interesting because she typically enjoys this type of show.
It happens though, I will be finishing it. I myself love almost any attempt at this kind of thing. No spoilers.

I loved it but I like western themed stuff like Yellowstone and I’ll admit that I more then liked Aliens and Cowboys.Danial Craig the best James Bond in a western world!

#1615 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I loved it but I like western themed stuff like Yellowstone and I’ll admit that I more then liked Aliens and Cowboys.Danial Craig the best James Bond in a western world!

It’s this outer range I mentioned. Brand spanking new.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/outer_range
CABA78B4-F729-4B22-A657-7283B944D708 (resized).pngCABA78B4-F729-4B22-A657-7283B944D708 (resized).png

#1616 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

It’s this outer range I mentioned. Brand spanking new.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/outer_range
[quoted image]

Been there done that!Unfortunately
there’s no word on a season 2

#1618 1 year ago
Quoted from scottslash:

I'm late to this thread, and I have not read 31 pages. Forgive me.

But TED LASSO is the best show I've seen in my 61 years.

Started watching this series just yesterday around 10 AM, did not stop until almost 10 PM.
There aren't many things that keep me from taking my nice long Sunday nap, but Ted did. What a unique and home hitting series. The spouse and I are not into sports what so ever but this series kept us glued to the damn TV.
Highly recommend it for anyone on the fence about it!

#1619 1 year ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

S1 of The Righteous Gemstones on HBOMax. Sick, twisted, degenerate comedy

One of my wife's favorite shows, mainly cause they are not afraid to show full frontal male nudity,
she says its about time that women get their fair share of balls and dongs,
when there are tits and ass of women every where else.

We are also enjoying the Gilded Age on HBOMax, the US version of Downton Abbey.

#1620 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

One of my wife's favorite shows, mainly cause they are not afraid to show full frontal male nudity

They sure aren't! But it's always for comedic effect/shock value, nothing sexy about any of the "balls and dongs" on the Gemstones.

#1621 1 year ago

I miss titties and furburgers!

#1622 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

nothing sexy about any

Well they do have the "god squad" all beefy and buff,
which the wife is not complaining about, (admittedly no B&D there)
as opposed to bunches of T&A (ala most all other shows).
She would be fine with nudity on TV and Movies
but its got to be 50/50, when in reality its about 95/5 at best.
And then it may only be a butt check thru a steamy shower scene
or only a second and a half of a rear shot walking away from a bed
on the male actors.

#1623 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

nothing sexy about any of the "balls and dongs"

Is there ever anything sexy about balls and dongs??

#1624 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Is there ever anything sexy about balls and dongs??

LOTR Gold (resized).jpgLOTR Gold (resized).jpg
#1625 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

One of my wife's favorite shows, mainly cause they are not afraid to show full frontal male nudity

She will LOVE Euphoria!

#1626 1 year ago

I just finished Ozark, to me after season one it went downhill. All the actors seemed flat especially the Byrd children. It didn’t seem to be that shocking or suspenseful at all, nothing like it’s inspiration Breaking Bad. I watched it all but was left very empty and won’t recommend it or rewatch it. Was there one sympathetic character or a character you were routing for?

I guess Ruth was the main character but she was kind of a little bitch.

Ben was ok.

The cartel characters were not all that great, Darlene was a hag. Plus the mobsters were pussies. If she has shot off my Johnson I’d have ripped her throat out like Rick on TWD.

To me the whole show was very average and Marty had no gravitas like Walter White did.

#1627 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I just finished Ozark, to me after season one it went downhill. All the actors seemed flat especially the Byrd children. It didn’t seem to be that shocking or suspenseful at all, nothing like it’s inspiration Breaking Bad. I watched it all but was left very empty and won’t recommend it or rewatch it. Was there one sympathetic character or a character you were routing for?
I guess Ruth was the main character but she was kind of a little bitch.
Ben was ok.
The cartel characters were not all that great, Darlene was a hag. Plus the mobsters were pussies. If she has shot off my Johnson I’d have ripped her throat out like Rick on TWD.
To me the whole show was very average and Marty had no gravitas like Walter White did.

That P.I. just kept showing up like bad acne, over and over and over.

#1628 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I just finished Ozark, to me after season one it went downhill.

I really liked the first two seasons of Ozark, and was OK with season three. For me the final season was tough sledding, especially the second half. The show's worst tendencies toward implausible plot twists and characters acting out of character were amplified. With no explanation they brought back a character from season one that no one cared about or remembered and made her central to the action. And in general too much of the final season felt like filling time with nonsense instead of moving toward resolution. I was cool with the final minute of the show that wrapped the series, but by that point I'd stopped caring much about the story or the characters.

Just a month or two ago I was still recommending Ozark in this thread. But having finished it I have to withdraw the recommendation, which is disappointing since it had a fun and very atmospheric start. I'd say skip it entirely, or just enjoy the first two or three seasons and pretend it was canceled after that.

#1629 1 year ago

I don't get the ozark hate. I feel like it did nothing but ramp up through all seasons. Every time a cartel died you wondered how deep they were getting into it. And the end of season 4 was just as good as any of the other seasons, especially ruth with her one liners

"If you wanna stop me, you're gonna have to FUCKING KILL MEEEE!"
"I want a kitchen on both floors" You like to cook? "No, I like my beer close"

also this scene is gold, I think we've all been in this situation
***SPOILER***

#1630 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I don't get the ozark hate. I feel like it did nothing but ramp up through all seasons. Every time a cartel died you wondered how deep they were getting into it. And the end of season 4 was just as good as any of the other seasons, especially ruth with her one liners
"If you wanna stop me, you're gonna have to FUCKING KILL MEEEE!"

I don't have hate, I just don't quite like how they steamrolled through so many plots to complete the show. Like fosaisu said, they amplified the characters oddly to finish the series.

#1631 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

The scene where the daughter asks if they’d considered going back to marriage counseling and Marty awkwardly says that their counselor “retired” was also fantastic! But I remain salty that they brought back Rachel Garrison for no reason and gave her like 1/4 of the screen time when she’s a boring character with no coherent motivation played by a meh actor. And I really didn’t care for the whole grandpa/custody storyline which was just taking up space and felt contrived (plus more mediocre acting from grandpa).

Lots of talented people on the show and it still had its moments, but they were much fewer and farther between in the second half of season four.

#1632 1 year ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Started watching this series just yesterday around 10 AM, did not stop until almost 10 PM.
There aren't many things that keep me from taking my nice long Sunday nap, but Ted did. What a unique and home hitting series. The spouse and I are not into sports what so ever but this series kept us glued to the damn TV.
Highly recommend it for anyone on the fence about it!

lasso was a good series, but the end to the last season, was almost jump the shark time.. Based on how it ended season 2, I dont have high hopes for season 3.

If your a fan of the godfather films(well, 1 and 2), you should watch the offer.

last series I watched and liked was the expanse and loki.

#1633 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

And I really didn’t care for the whole grandpa/custody storyline which was just taking up space and felt contrived (plus more mediocre acting from grandpa).

I felt like you needed to know the mother's backstory and why she's so messed up, same reason you needed to see ruth's childhood so you could understand why she was always in trouble with the law, and why she's a "bitch"

#1634 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

And I really didn’t care for the whole grandpa/custody storyline which was just taking up space and felt contrived (plus more mediocre acting from grandpa).

You don't like the dude from The Waltons?

#1635 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

and Marty had no gravitas like Walter White did.

There was no moment like this in ozark. So I can see your point here. Say my name.

#1636 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

There was no moment like this in ozark. So I can see your point here. Say my name.

#1637 1 year ago

Spoilers…. I’ll stop now!

#1639 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Minx is a cute fun show.

Agreed. It was a surprise. Very enjoyable.

#1640 1 year ago

Lincoln Laywer on Netflix.. it is well done.

#1641 1 year ago

If you like deadpan comedy and music, I notice that one of my favorite shows has never been mentioned here:

Flight of the Conchords

On HBOmax. Sublimely silly and understated, FOTC follows the adventures of two down-on-their-luck parody folk singers from New Zealand, who are making a go of it in the Big Apple.

I've seen it so many times, I now just let it run as background noise while I'm putzing around the house, and it still makes me laugh. It would do my heart good to turn others on to it, especially if they wind up liking it anything like I do.

#1642 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

If you like deadpan comedy and music, I notice that one of my favorite shows has never been mentioned here:
Flight of the Conchords
On HBOmax. Sublimely silly and understated, FOTC follows the adventures of two down-on-their-luck parody folk singers from New Zealand, who are making a go of it in the Big Apple.
I've seen it so many times, I now just let it run as background noise while I'm putzing around the house, and it still makes me laugh. It would do my heart good to turn others on to it, especially if they wind up liking it anything like I do.

I never got that comedy, though I do dig this song because it's very pet shop boys:

#1643 1 year ago

Flight of the Conchords.

Incredible show. Haven’t rewatched in years but we still listen to the music all the time, and catch them in concert when we can.

#1644 1 year ago

If you want fucked up Canadian humour and you've seen "Letterkenny" - Watch "Shoresy" -holy shit it's funny. it's a character spin-off
AND, if you haven't seen Letterkenny and want to see fucked up Canadian humour, watch Letterkenny also.

#1645 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I do dig this song because it's very pet shop boys:

Hilariously, I knew the Conchords thing before I ever heard that Pet Shop Boys song! When I finally did, I was all "so that's what they're parodying!"

(There was a long period when I didn't listen to the radio at all.)

Quoted from northerndude:

If you want fucked up Canadian humour and you've seen "Letterkenny" - Watch "Shoresy" -holy shit it's funny. it's a character spin-off

Doesn’t premier on Hulu until the 27th; was it already on a Canadian network? At any rate I can't wait! Give your balls a tug!

#1646 1 year ago

Hilariously, I knew the Conchords thing before I ever heard that Pet Shop Boys song! When I finally did, I was all "so that's what they're parodying!"
(There was a long period when I didn't listen to the radio at all.)

Doesn’t premier on Hulu until the 27th; was it already on a Canadian network? At any rate I can't wait! Give your balls a tug!

Yeah, it's been here in Canada for a bit already.
But everything is on my 'grey market' (at best, lol) IP service I got my hands on.

Yes, "give your balls a tug" comes up quick, lol. EP 2 had me dying. it was an absolute classic already!!

Have you seen the trailers they released already??

#1647 1 year ago

I watched bs on Netflix with howie Mandel.

It was alright. I thought about seeing how to get on. Basically Netflix wants you to send in audition tape not based on projects, but on yourself.

You are pretty much auditioning for whatever they come up with potentially.

It sounds cool. I’m gonna audition for netflix. Why not I say.

#1648 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Have you seen the trailers they released already??

Just the short one on Hulu. Maybe I should check YouTube?

#1649 1 year ago

Very suspicious of Letterkenny.

Can there really be that many smokin hot chicks in one rural Ontario town?

#1650 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Very suspicious of Letterkenny.
Can there really be that many smokin hot chicks in one rural Ontario town?

There's only like two in the show, lol. Lots ugly ones also
the rest are the rockets from Quebec

Here’s just a taste of some Shoresy humour

https://twitter.com/raythepurple/status/1526389536909139968?s=21&t=wYB9XlmOgC6ESMRJ1jSD6w

There are 3,781 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/33?hl=gunnut40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.