• 3,829 posts
  • 437 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nick foot (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 20-55-22 Nose Boy Is Yet Another Bit From Dan Schneider That Seems Inappropriate Now (resized).png
IMG_2115 (resized).png
we-are-lady-parts-peacock-poster (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
5675773ab24117888a271de4334cd519 (resized).jpg
download.jpeg
Fallout (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
There are 3,829 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 77.
#1551 2 years ago

I watched the season finale of Severance last night. Simply brilliant! It was honestly one of the best individual episodes of TV I've ever seen.

#1552 2 years ago

It’s good you guys rewatching Breaking Bad and Sopranos are going in eyes open. More then once I’ve decided to just rewatch a favorite episode and ended up tearing through an entire season (or the whole series) again. They’re that good!

#1553 2 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

i rewatched sopranos a few months back, then breaking bad again, and now rewatching The Shield.... love it!!

The shield I have not seen it. I heard it was good. Going to have to check it out.

#1554 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

After finishing ozark, I am going to rewatch all of sopranos I think.

Have you seen Boardwalk Empire , it was excellent !

#1555 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I watched the season finale of Severance last night. Simply brilliant! It was honestly one of the best individual episodes of TV I've ever seen.

This right here. I've been recommending Severance to all my friends.

#1556 2 years ago

What about catching up on older series available on DVD or blu-ray? Such as these (that I have):

Justified
Grimm
Chuck
Coupling (BBC series)
Sports Night
News Radio
Firefly
3rd Rock from the Sun
Alf
Remington Steele
The X-files
Perry Mason

#1557 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

What about catching up on older series available on DVD or blu-ray?

I watched Justified within the past few years and really enjoyed it. The first season you get the feeling they were going for more of a Law & Order “case of the week” thing, but the show settles down and gets better after that. I always like Timothy Oliphant as a pissed-off law man, and Walton Goggins is a great antagonist!

Been thinking about going back and watching some early-season X-Files, I wonder how it holds up - let us know if you dip back into that one.

#1558 2 years ago

Did anyone watch Gotham? Wondering if I should invest the time.

#1559 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Hell yeah! Started watching this today, and actually only have two episodes left.. Its a slow burner but well worth it.

#1560 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I watched Justified within the past few years and really enjoyed it. The first season you get the feeling they were going for more of a Law & Order “case of the week” thing, but the show settles down and gets better after that. I always like Timothy Oliphant as a pissed-off law man, and Walton Goggins is a great antagonist!

I went to Justified after I finished SOA and thoroughly enjoying it, currently S5E2. As you said, Olyphant and Coggins are great and the storylines keep moving along so its relatively easy watching.

#1561 2 years ago

Better Call Saul co-creator (and Breaking Bad writer/producer/director) confirmed today Walt and Jesse will be making appearances in the final season which airs April 18th on AMC

#1562 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

I went to Justified after I finished SOA and thoroughly enjoying it, currently S5E2. As you said, Olyphant and Coggins are great and the storylines keep moving along so its relatively easy watching.

Timothy Olyphant is great in Deadwood!My favorite quote of his was from The Girl next door.Was the juice worth the squeeze?

#1563 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Have you seen Boardwalk Empire , it was excellent !

Did the entire Boardwalk Empire series the last couple months. Fantastic.

ALSO, If anyones a Vikings fan. The series The Last Kingdom is done even better in my opinion and the series finale was recent, so you can do the entire 5 seasons without waiting ...

#1564 2 years ago

Dopesick on Hulu is pretty solid.

Chris

#1565 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Dopesick on Hulu is pretty solid.
Chris

Agreed. Great show that shows how the opioid crisis evolved from a number of different angles.

#1566 2 years ago

"goliath" on amazon prime... You can pretty much apply this storyline to any evil corporation

#1567 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

"goliath" on amazon prime... You can pretty much apply this storyline to any evil corporation

we faded out on that one - just got to weird

#1568 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

What about catching up on older series available on DVD or blu-ray? Such as these (that I have):
Justified
Grimm
Chuck
Coupling (BBC series)
Sports Night
News Radio
Firefly
3rd Rock from the Sun
Alf
Remington Steele
The X-files
Perry Mason

I am really liking Grimm.

#1570 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

The kids in the hall are back!

YUP!!!

Back to Grade 11 in '93 with me and the boys squishing each others heads non-stop!!

1 week later
#1571 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm 4 episodes in, this is definitely my kind of weird show.

Also they have a sense of humor
https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/lumon-industries

#1573 2 years ago

Anyone else watching Slow Horses on Apple +? I'm a Gary Oldman fan and he's fantastic in it, especially in episode three, which heavily features his character and also some great plot twists. I haven't finished the series (I don't think they're all even released yet) so I can't promise they'll stick the landing, but if you're looking for new releases I recommend it.

#1574 2 years ago

WeCrashed is good, just finished it. Starting new season of Russian doll.

#1575 2 years ago

Ken burns WW2 documentary..blew my mind it was so good/netflix

#1576 1 year ago

Couple things to note.

I just watched the Cyprus Hill documentary. I am not or ever was a Cyprus Hill fan, but it was interesting and entertaining to me. I had no idea they were as big an act as they were. I thought hip/hop one hit wonder, but no.

Started "1883" series last night - the prequel to Yellowstone. It seems to be very well done. I'm gonna be pissed I finish it off so quick here.

#1577 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Started "1883" series last night - the prequel to Yellowstone. It seems to be very well done.

I really need to give Yellowstone a try. I assume it must be really good since it is one of the most popular shows on TV.

#1578 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I really need to give Yellowstone a try. I assume it must be really good since it is one of the most popular shows on TV.

it is very good

#1579 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

WeCrashed is good, just finished it. Starting new season of Russian doll.

Killed Russian doll after 1.5 episodes…not good.

#1580 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We're thinking about dropping Netflix for a while - it's at the high end of cost for streaming, they keep raising their prices, and they just don't have a ton of shows we watch these days. We'll re-up for a month at some point to catch the end of Ozark and the next season of Stranger Things, but I'm just not sure the value's there anymore.

#1581 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Justified
Grimm
Chuck
Coupling (BBC series)
Sports Night
News Radio
Firefly
3rd Rock from the Sun
Alf
Remington Steele
The X-files
Perry Mason

Chuck was awesome! Loved the concept…..it was a little goofy but entertaining. Of course you have to at least watch the episode with Missile Command. Who knew Rush was the key to beating the game LOL!

#1582 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I'm not sure I like the new twist yet but I'll likely keep watching.

#1583 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Stopped watching halfway into Season 2 episode 3, but season 1 is worth watching.

#1584 1 year ago

Better Call Saul.Damn last nights episode so good

#1585 1 year ago

Watching Barry (HBO) again since the first time it aired. Really good, can’t wait for season 3

#1586 1 year ago

Outer range on prime

Llewelln moss is back

#1587 1 year ago
Quoted from shimmydisc:

Watching Barry (HBO) again since the first time it aired. Really good, can’t wait for season 3

Yo, season 3 just started on Sunday! But I was lost, think I'm going to rewatch the first two.

#1588 1 year ago

This one sounds dumb but I gave it a try and it’s a really funny & entertaining show. Teenage Bounty Hunters on Netflix. Looks like there will be only the one season but so far through 5 episodes I like it.

#1589 1 year ago

This is the best animated TV show I’ve ever seen.
It’s in the top 3 together with Sopranos and Trailer Park Boys for me.
Fantastic humor that reeks of sadness and depression.
About a man, who is for odd reasons a horse, who hates everything and everybody and hates himself even more.
It’s a dark show.

Anyways, here’s Bojack Horseman.
CA5255C9-85E9-4DDC-B3EF-962C9906D058 (resized).jpegCA5255C9-85E9-4DDC-B3EF-962C9906D058 (resized).jpeg

#1590 1 year ago

Another fantastic animated series is Invincible. It is adult oriented and dark but unbelievably done in my opinion. It’s one of my top animated series and holds it’s own with a “real” show easily.

#1591 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Outer range on prime
Llewelln moss is back

haha. Did you like it?

I was prop master on that show.

#1592 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

Bojack Horseman

This is a tough one to recommend as many are put off by animated shows and it takes almost a full season to hit it's stride.

After that your reward is 5 seasons of absolute brilliant comedy and one that deserves to be mentioned among all-time great shows.

#1593 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

This is the best animated TV show I’ve ever seen.
It’s in the top 3 together with Sopranos and Trailer Park Boys for me.
Fantastic humor that reeks of sadness and depression.
About a man, who is for odd reasons a horse, who hates everything and everybody and hates himself even more.
It’s a dark show.
Anyways, here’s Bojack Horseman.
[quoted image]

Great show with a great cast and solid writing. It can get kind of dark at time, but the humor is well written. Some of funnier gags (and subtle) are when some of the animal characters do or say things you'd associate with real animals (i.e.) Princes Caroline on the phone and playing with a cat toy at work, or Princess and Bojack in bed together and Caroline asks "How was it" and Bojack makes a horse snorting sound.

#1594 1 year ago

Been rewatching two shows with my daughter:

Derry Girls (really funny, but watch with subtitles as the accents are strong and the dialogue quick)

Community

#1595 1 year ago

Loving some severance. Only about 4 episodes in and I need to order some more “chocolate” to watch this.

#1596 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Better Call Saul.Damn last nights episode so good

The start of the season has been excellent so far.

#1597 1 year ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Great show with a great cast and solid writing. It can get kind of dark at time, but the humor is well written. Some of funnier gags (and subtle) are when some of the animal characters do or say things you'd associate with real animals (i.e.) Princes Caroline on the phone and playing with a cat toy at work, or Princess and Bojack in bed together and Caroline asks "How was it" and Bojack makes a horse snorting sound.

And also two episodes of pure BS that’s funny as hell.
His mothers funeral and when he’s in the underwater city.
Feels like it’s all about fucking with the viewer.

#1598 1 year ago

I started watching "The Offer" on Paramount +, about the filming of the Godfather movie.

Short series, 3 episodes done, ten are planned.

I like it.

LTG : )

#1599 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

And also two episodes of pure BS that’s funny as hell.
His mothers funeral and when he’s in the underwater city.
Feels like it’s all about fucking with the viewer.

Onde of my favorite running gags in season 2 is when he can't get the line "What are you doing here" right.

#1600 1 year ago

Stath Lets Flats

We watched the first two episodes last night and were cracking up at the cringe comedy. Lead character is a realtor and reminds me very much of Ricky Gervais’ character in the original Office.

I think it’s on HBO Max and there’s 3 seasons or 6-8 episodes each.

There are 3,829 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 77.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.