By rai

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nick foot (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 20-55-22 Nose Boy Is Yet Another Bit From Dan Schneider That Seems Inappropriate Now (resized).png
IMG_2115 (resized).png
we-are-lady-parts-peacock-poster (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
5675773ab24117888a271de4334cd519 (resized).jpg
download.jpeg
Fallout (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
There are 3,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 77.
#1501 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Lucky for me, I never watched The Shield. Just started season three and it is so fun to watch. It is my TV show that I watch or play in the background while I work. Always nice to find a new show that has a lot of seasons to go.

Such a great show! I haven't seen it since it first aired, and yet there are some scenes that I still remember vividly because they are so shocking. There is one scene in particular with Aceveda that still gives me nightmares.

#1502 2 years ago

If you’re a sports fan, Winning Time on HBO Max is so far very good.
It’s about The Los Angeles Lakers success story starting in the late 70’s.

#1503 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Lucky for me, I never watched The Shield. Just started season three and it is so fun to watch. It is my TV show that I watch or play in the background while I work. Always nice to find a new show that has a lot of seasons to go.

Try Ray Donavan 7 seasons and a 2 hr movie to finish

#1504 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Try Ray Donavan 7 seasons and a 2 hr movie to finish

What network?

#1505 2 years ago

justwatch.com is a great site in today's world where we have so many different channels and streaming options. Just search the name of the show and it will show you what viewing options exist:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1506 2 years ago

It's a Showtime series

#1507 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

justwatch.com is a great site in today's world where we have so many different channels and streaming options. Just search the name of the show and it will show you what viewing options exist:[quoted image]

Awesome thanks for link

#1508 2 years ago

Does anyone else chuckle every time they see the thread title? "Trying to find" sounds like having difficulty doing so, despite all the choices available nowadays, and I can't help comparing it to when I was growing up with just the three big networks and PBS, with no VCRs, DVDs, etc. If you wanted to see a show, you had to be in front of the TV when it was on.

When I was around ten years old, we would resort to turning the roof antenna to pick up Milwaukee's public station when they showed Monty Python's Flying Circus (which was far too risqué for the Green Bay affiliate to broadcast), and a few times we recorded the audio on a low tech portable cassette recorder via condenser mic. Which meant it would also pick up our laughter! Now, when I watch those episodes, I remember wondering what was happening during extended visual gags while we listened to those tapes, as the show was far too bizarre and disjointed to remember everything from one viewing.

If you never watched MPFC, give it a try now! It's on Netflix. There's a reason Rolling Stone named it the best comedy sketch show ever. It's enlightening to watch with the closed captions on, even though I can usually decipher their British accents, as it helps me understand old British idioms and pop culture references that flew right over my head previously. Funny, a lot of the European history I know was from looking up things that they referenced.

#1509 2 years ago

Late to the party, but the wife and I just tore through season one of Righteous Gemstones and I'd highly recommend it. It is hilarious, assuming you can stomach a hearty helping of gross-out humor in every episode. But the uber-silly plots are also somehow very engaging, so you get that "one more episode" feeling. Once we finish season two, I'm thinking of dipping back into VPs as well.

#1510 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Late to the party, but the wife and I just tore through season one of Righteous Gemstones and I'd highly recommend it. It is hilarious, assuming you can stomach a hearty helping of gross-out humor in every episode. But the uber-silly plots are also somehow very engaging, so you get that "one more episode" feeling. Once we finish season two, I'm thinking of dipping back into VPs as well.

Vice Principals is incredible...haven't gotten into Righteous Gemstones yet but since it's mostly all the same people, I'm looking forward to digging into it.

#1511 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Does anyone else chuckle every time they see the thread title? "Trying to find" sounds like having difficulty doing so, despite all the choices available nowadays, and I can't help comparing it to when I was growing up with just the three big networks and PBS, with no VCRs, DVDs, etc. If you wanted to see a show, you had to be in front of the TV when it was on.
When I was around ten years old, we would resort to turning the roof antenna to pick up Milwaukee's public station when they showed Monty Python's Flying Circus (which was far too risqué for the Green Bay affiliate to broadcast), and a few times we recorded the audio on a low tech portable cassette recorder via condenser mic. Which meant it would also pick up our laughter! Now, when I watch those episodes, I remember wondering what was happening during extended visual gags while we listened to those tapes, as the show was far too bizarre and disjointed to remember everything from one viewing.
If you never watched MPFC, give it a try now! It's on Netflix. There's a reason Rolling Stone named it the best comedy sketch show ever. It's enlightening to watch with the closed captions on, even though I can usually decipher their British accents, as it helps me understand old British idioms and pop culture references that flew right over my head previously. Funny, a lot of the European history I know was from looking up things that they referenced.

I was thinking not only do we have the new stuff (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Disney etc. ) but there’s millions of older stuff. Like you want to watch Golden Girls, 42 season of Survivor, judge Judy, old and new SNL, Simpsons the list is mind boggling. But still I’ve had to resort to buying some things like BM66 on bluRay but the streaming options are overwhelming.

#1512 2 years ago

If you have apple TV I highly suggest "The Morning Show". I just finished season 1 and the acting is fantastic. Really well done. And if you get apple TV Ted Lasso is also awesome

#1513 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Should change the title to "Trying to Find a GOOD show to watch"

#1514 2 years ago

Billions

#1515 2 years ago

Why, yes, there are at least that many bad shows!

(But I do have the show called that in my queue!)

#1516 2 years ago

This is series sooooo good.

#1517 2 years ago

Just began ozark. I sense many a tense moment to come.

#1518 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Just began ozark. I sense many a tense moment to come.

Great show, but it soured me on my dream of one day working for the cartel …

#1519 2 years ago

Watching final season, Wife and I really enjoy this show

#1520 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Watching the final season. Wife and I really enjoy this show.

Good for you! I'm sure everyone posting here is looking for better things to watch.

#1521 2 years ago

[quoted image]

I've always liked her (and Louis CK), but haven't watched this yet. Waiting and hoping the full series comes out on DVD. Individual seasons are available manufactured on demand, but they're like $30 a season.

A lot of newer shows I'm wanting to watch haven't come out on DVD. Seems they've decided they'll make more money renting shows to viewers than selling them.

#1522 2 years ago

Better Things is one of the most underrated shows on TV. I was worried that the show might lose a step after Louis CK got fired, but I think it actually got better.

#1523 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Great show, but it soured me on my dream of one day working for the cartel …

Yes indeed.

#1524 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I've always liked her (and Louis CK), but haven't watched this yet. Waiting and hoping the full series comes out on DVD. Individual seasons are available manufactured on demand, but they're like $30 a season.
A lot of newer shows I'm wanting to watch haven't come out on DVD. Seems they've decided they'll make more money renting shows to viewers than selling them.

It's on HULU along with most FX shows

Loved her since Lucky Louie - that show is a MUST watch if you never saw it

#1525 2 years ago

It's on HULU along with most FX shows
Loved her since Lucky Louie - that show is a MUST watch if you never saw it
[quoted image]

Yep, we watched that many years ago, before the Louie show that was on FX that had like 5 seasons. Had a crush on her ever since. I didn't know at the time she was Bobby Hill's voice on King Of The Hill. Lucky Louie is on my "gonna watch it again soon" list.

Her daughter was on a show a year or two ago that just lasted one season. Reminded me a lot of her mom.

#1526 2 years ago

If you have HULU we really enjoyed Only Murders in the Building with Steve Martin and Martin Short

Just started Dopesick with Michael Keaton and that is really good so far too.

Chris

#1527 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

If you have HULU we really enjoyed Only Murders in the Building with Steve Martin and Martin Short

I don't care for much of Steve Martin's post-80s stuff so I went into this one skeptical, but we ended up really liking it. Martin Short is hilarious, and the Steve Martin character suits him well. It also turns out Selena Gomez is a pretty good actor, so she wasn't just stunt casting, or if she was it worked out. Heads up if you're squeamish, some graphic blood and brains pop up in the crime scenes and flashbacks. My wife hates that stuff and it wasn't enough to turn her off of the show, but she had to close her eyes a number of times.

#1528 2 years ago

Martin Short is pretty hit or miss for me, but that character was perfect for him.

#1529 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Martin Short is pretty hit or miss for me, but that character was perfect for him.

Agreed, it often feels like Martin Short's trying too hard in a very cringy way. But with this character they take full advantage of that and it just works.

#1530 2 years ago

Hunters on Amazon prime. It’s good. Especially if you would like to see nazis get what is coming to them…
This girl got the golden role in the series. IMO.

She gets to dress like that for the rest of her life…

CA6F71EA-C525-4C47-99DD-5550D2C95EDC (resized).jpegCA6F71EA-C525-4C47-99DD-5550D2C95EDC (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1531 2 years ago

New Russian doll trailer, can't wait.. LOVE time travel stories

#1532 2 years ago

This is very funny!

welcome to flatch (resized).pngwelcome to flatch (resized).png
#1533 2 years ago

Very old news but I'm finally watching all of Stranger Things. I had only seen a few episodes from 1 - 3, now I'm catching all I missed.
Really enjoying it! As a product of that era, many memories coming back to me.

#1534 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Very old news but I'm finally watching all of Stranger Things. I had only seen a few episodes from 1 - 3, now I'm catching all I missed.
Really enjoying it! As a product of that era, many memories coming back to me.

Not at all the same, but Freaks and Geeks is another show that nails the authenticity of kids. A must watch, especially with it being only a single season.

#1535 2 years ago

My wife and I have been enjoying the show Upload, on Amazon Prime. Quick 22 min episodes that are funny with a really interesting premise.

#1536 2 years ago

Ozark. Season two in progress for me. Fans of breaking bad should watch. Without a doubt.

#1537 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Ozark. Season two in progress for me. Fans of breaking bad should watch. Without a doubt.

For sure. We've been waiting for the 2nd half of this season, the final season, to drop soon. Then we will binge it.

#1538 2 years ago

If anyone is interested in learning about sports that may not be popular in your part of the world, Cricket Fever is a fantastic series. It follows the Mumbai Indians of the Indian Premier League, on their quest to make the playoffs and be crowned champions for the 2018 T20 Cricket season. You learn a lot about this interesting game, the fact that it’s basically a religion now in India, and the newer T20 style has matches ending in the same time it takes to play a baseball game bringing much more excitement than older forms. So mind your stumps and bails and watch that leg before wicket and enjoy the second most popular sport on earth. It’s really a good series and changed my mind on cricket.

#1539 2 years ago
Snowfall (resized).jpgSnowfall (resized).jpg
#1540 2 years ago

I'm late to this thread, and I have not read 31 pages. Forgive me.

But TED LASSO is the best show I've seen in my 61 years. No question.

(Plus, Jason Sudeikis is a pinball lover if you didn't know)

#1541 2 years ago

The Simpsons or episodes of the vintage "hilarious house of Frightenstein " a brilliant early Saturday morning Canadian comedy show.

#1542 2 years ago

Letterkenny on Hulu. 10 Seasons+ available, you'll end up binge watching them all!

#1543 2 years ago

I know this isn't a show, but this app is something I think a lot of people would find useful. I installed plex.tv on my chromecast. What it does is you add all the shows you watch to a watchlist (it's easier if you login on a computer because you can just type the show on a real keyboard). Then instead of going "what streaming app is that on?", you just click on the show, and it tells you which streaming app it's on, and automatically launches it and goes right to that show (each app keeps track of what episode you're on).
https://lifehacker.com/finally-a-universal-watchlist-for-all-your-streaming-s-1848756968

#1544 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I like it, just finished season 3 but to me it’s way less believable than Breaking Bad or The Sopranos.

#1545 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I like it, just finished season 3 but to me it’s way less believable than Breaking Bad or The Sopranos.

If you liked the Sopranos, I would recommend Lillihammer, it stars Steven Van Sandt who plays, you guessed it, a mobster.
Quite humorous too!

#1546 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Agreed, Ozark has occasional head-scratching plot twists and the characters will occasionally change course implausibly. But those are two of the greatest shows ever made, and Ozark is still a solid show with good atmosphere and tension, even if it can’t equal the very best.

#1547 2 years ago

After finishing ozark, I am going to rewatch all of sopranos I think.

#1548 2 years ago

Also watching jimmy saville; a British horror story.

#1549 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Also watching jimmy saville; a British horror story.

Amazing how long those "celebrities" can get away with so much for so long ... mind bogling

#1550 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

After finishing ozark, I am going to rewatch all of sopranos I think.

i rewatched sopranos a few months back, then breaking bad again, and now rewatching The Shield.... love it!!

There are 3,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 77.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.