2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
s-l1600aaa (resized).jpg
2222 (resized).jpg
s-l960 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
download (1) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 3,789 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 76.
#1451 2 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Anyone else a fan of I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson on Netflix? Check it out if you like over-the-top silly absurd sketch comedy...
[quoted image]

I just started this yesterday, really funny. It's definitely not going to be for everyone, though.

#1452 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Upload season 2 comes out soon

Thanks for posting that. It feels like forever since the last season.

#1453 2 years ago

My wife and I are taking a little staycation for our anniversary any thoughts for a decent movie? Netflix? AppleTV? Vudu?

We got’em all.

Thanks,

Mike

#1454 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Thanks for posting that. It feels like forever since the last season.

Trailer out now

#1455 2 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

My wife and I are taking a little staycation for our anniversary any thoughts for a decent movie? Netflix? AppleTV? Vudu?
We got’em all.
Thanks,
Mike

Coda on Apple TV. Best movie I’ve seen in a long time…maybe years.

#1456 2 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Coda on Apple TV. Best movie I’ve seen in a long time…maybe years.

This was so good. My wife cried multiple times in a good way!

Thank you for this suggestion and I couldn’t recommend it enough.

#1457 2 years ago

Season 6, Episode 1 of Peaky fookin' Blinders is out!!

#1458 2 years ago

Warrior on HBO max is awesome!!

Ray Donavan on Showtime is great!

#1459 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Season 6, Episode 1 of Peaky fookin' Blinders is out!!

We could not get into that show
have to give it another try

#1460 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

We could not get into that show
have to give it another try

I watched the first 2 seasons, it was ok but (to me) was quite unbelievable there having a knife or fist fight and people will be knocked unconscious and have very little after effects if they are a main character.

I would love this normally like a UK version of The Godfather or Sopranos but it just didn’t seem plausible to me.

#1461 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I watched the first 2 seasons, it was ok but (to me) was quite unbelievable there having a knife or fist fight and people will be knocked unconscious and have very little after effects if they are a main character.
I would love this normally like a UK version of The Godfather or Sopranos but it just didn’t seem plausible to me.

That "knock out" thing is used constantly in tv and movies and always bothers me. The butt end of a gun doesn't just work like a pause button.

#1462 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

That "knock out" thing is used constantly in tv and movies and always bothers me. The butt end of a gun doesn't just work like a pause button.

Agreed. All these people on TV being “knocked out” would have serious concussions at a minimum and likely long term brain damage.

I also love shows like Supernatural where they constantly slice their palms to draw blood for spells but miraculously never have a scar. I accidentally cut into my finger once. It bled for an hour. I needed stitches, and it took weeks to heal.

#1463 2 years ago

It's a lot like the various shows where they get images from street cameras.

They get the image of a potential bad guy in a car, but can't make out any details.
Until, the boss comes by and says "Can't you enhance it?".
Then the tech guy then presses the "Enhance" button and all the details appear (including the license plate).

For some reason, the tech guy is not allowed to press the Enhance button until the boss asks.

#1464 2 years ago

I got a million beefs with stuff on tv

- How come the brakes on every car squeak
- how come guns never run out of ammo
- how come knives make a metal on metal sound when ever you take them out of a leather sheath
- why doesn't anybody ever say "Bye" before they end a phone call

don't get me started

#1465 2 years ago

- how come knives make a metal on metal sound when ever you take them out of a leather sheath
don't get me started

Why do people only have conversations walking down hallways standing side by side?

#1466 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Agreed. All these people on TV being “knocked out” would have serious concussions at a minimum and likely long term brain damage.
I also love shows like Supernatural where they constantly slice their palms to draw blood for spells but miraculously never have a scar. I accidentally cut into my finger once. It bled for an hour. I needed stitches, and it took weeks to heal.

You cut an artery there are three total on each finger.If you slice into one it will continue to pump out blood everytime you heart beats.

#1467 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You cut an artery there are three total on each finger.If you slice into one it will continue to pump out blood everytime you heart beats.

Fair enough. Still, do you think it’s practical to keep slicing into one’s palm for witchcraft? At some point, the scars would be so thick and tough, I’m not sure it would work anymore.

#1468 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Fair enough. Still, do you think it’s practical to keep slicing into one’s palm for witchcraft? At some point, the scars would be so thick and tough, I’m not sure it would work anymore.

Don’t know about the other stuff just know about fingers I was a Finish Carpenter for 42 years.
I still have all my fingers but I had a beagle jump on me while cutting cabinet filler rails on a table saw.
I wrapped them in the Hardee’s napkins and applied pressure to no avail.I had severed an artery in my index finger.I waited until the shock wore off (you get real cold for awhile)calmed myself and drove to get medical assistance

#1469 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Don’t know about the other stuff just know about fingers I was a Finish Carpenter for 42 years.
I still have all my fingers but I had a beagle jump on me while cutting cabinet filler rails on a table saw.
I wrapped them in the Hardee’s napkins and applied pressure to no avail.I had severed an artery in my index finger.I waited until the shock wore off (you get real cold for awhile)calmed myself and drove to get medical assistance

I was making clear ice cubes for cocktails and cutting a block of ice with a serrated blade when it slipped. Now I always use cut resistant gloves. Won’t make that mistake again. $6 or $7 on Amazon.

Now, back on topic. How about that show Archive 81! (Of course, they cut their palms for witchcraft in it, but whatever.)

#1470 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I loved ‘Reacher’ but he got shot in the flank and was good to go in a few hours.

I saw this other movie with Burt Renolds ‘Malone’ he also got shot but was in the ICU and had to recuperate for a few days with a similar gunshot.

#1471 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I loved ‘Reacher’ but he got shot in the flank and was good to go in a few hours.

I remember one episode of 24, the character Tony had what looked like pretty major surgery and then was running CTU again a couple of episodes (supposedly 2 hours) later. Almost as ridiculous as Jack Bauer making it through LA traffic from one end of the city to the other in an hour.

#1472 2 years ago

I see a lot of people who are coding on a action show and they’ll get ‘defibrillated’ and that’s all they need. But the reason they were in cardiac arrest wasn’t fixed.

#1473 2 years ago

don't get me started

Why does a group of people show up at an creepy abandoned old house and then split up to explore it?

"This place looks scary! We shold go in and split up and explore! What could go wrong?"

#1474 2 years ago

So not a series but something that gave me a huge smile....

One of my favorite comedians-Jim Gaffigan-flippin hilarious!

If you want a good chuckle and want to put a smile on your face-must watch the Jim Gaffigan Comedy Monster special on Netflix. The pandemic humor made me laugh so hard and reminded me of the early days of the pandemic. Having OCD and wiping down a box of Triscuits after returning home from the store-classic! (probably because I did the same thing )

Funny as shit and a must watch!

#1475 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

If you want a good chuckle and want to put a smile on your face-must watch the Jim Gaffigan Comedy Monster special on Netflix. The pandemic humor made me laugh so hard and reminded me of the early days of the pandemic. Having OCD and wiping down a box of Triscuits after returning home from the store-classic!
Funny as shit and a must watch!

I’ll have to check that out. Thanks.

This was funny about the pandemic skit.

#1476 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That was a great skit and I have to say SNL is coming back big time. It seems like they lost the magic for a few years and things were getting stale. The recent episode with John Mulaney hosting was really excellent. All of the skits were entertaining and it made me think the SNL magic is back. The special guest and Broadway performers really took it over the top-if you have not seen that episode-worth the watch.

#1477 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

That was a great skit and I have to say SNL is coming back big time. It seems like they lost the magic for a few years and things were getting stale. The recent episode with John Mulaney hosting was really excellent. All of the skits were entertaining and it made me think the SNL magic is back. The special guest and Broadway performers really took it over the top-if you have not seen that episode-worth the watch.

I gave up on SNL a few years ago ... it just became unwatchable
maybe I will give it another try - that skit was funny

#1478 2 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Why does a group of people show up at an creepy abandoned old house and then split up to explore it?
"This place looks scary! We shold go in and split up and explore! What could go wrong?"

The Geico commercial where the teens car breaks down and they are deciding where to hide is hilarious.

#1479 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

This was great!Remember the election night at friends house with Chris Rock and Chappel?

#1480 2 years ago

Not a t.v. series, but on Soundcloud: The sessions with Christian Hand.

https://soundcloud.com/theklossessions

"Christian James Hand is also a DJ on 95.5 KLOS in Los Angeles. Over the past couple of years he has curated, and grown, a ground-breaking radio segment he calls “The Session” where he takes you through a track-by-track breakdown of some of the greatest songs ever recorded and reveals the magic behind the music. "

#1481 2 years ago

Just waiting for The Boys to return on prime video

#1482 2 years ago

No comments about 'End Game'? The first two episodes look interesting as
we're seeing some back ground of the key players up front. As with many
shows, too damn many commercials.
Steve

#1483 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

So was this one

In general, the "please don't destroy video" guys have been a good replacement for "the lonely island"

1 week later
#1484 2 years ago
Quoted from MarsGOW:

Just waiting for The Boys to return on prime video

new trailer up

#1485 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Upload season 2 comes out soon

Sweet. I really liked that show.

#1486 2 years ago

I gave up on SNL a few years ago ... it just became unwatchable
maybe I will give it another try - that skit was funny

Me too - like 30 years ago. I doubt I'll try it again though.

#1487 2 years ago

Here comes the "snl isn't funny anymore" crowd!

#1488 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Here comes the "snl isn't funny anymore" crowd!

They do decent skits sometimes but they do drag on quite a bit.Hit it the punches and move on!
Just finished Ray Donavan 7 years and a 2 hour movie!I’m sorry it’s done.I started watching Deadwood again!One episode and Woo is already feeding the pigs.

#1489 2 years ago

Had only watched seasons 1-2 of Ozark.

Just started to watch from the beginning, is there a best season or are they all pretty consistent?

#1490 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just started to watch from the beginning, is there a best season or are they all pretty consistent?

I think they’re all pretty consistent, though the stakes seem to get higher with each season.

#1491 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The last season is phenomenal. Terrific writing.

#1492 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Me too - like 30 years ago. I doubt I'll try it again though.

I tried it again, some funny skits but not worth the time without the FF button

#1493 2 years ago

I tried it again, some funny skits but not worth the time without the FF button

The problem is that 3 minutes into a crappy skit, you've already wasted the time.

FF through the musical acts, most of whom I've probably never heard of. Same for the hosts.

I can live without it. I was there for the original Dream Team w John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, Chevy Chase, Gilda Radner etc and the Second Coming in the 90s w David Spade, Adam Sandler Chris Farley, Will Ferrell, Phil Hartman, Jon Lovett. The old days, when you actually stayed up that late to watch it!

#1494 2 years ago

Just finished ‘The Expanse’ on Amazon (6 Seasons)

One of the absolute best Space Sci-Fi Series

First class effects and innovative premise with interesting characters

Yes some seasons are better than others but overall a fine series and many of the space and battle scenes are super cool - hated to see it end

#1495 2 years ago

Enjoying this.

761694D0-68E7-49D4-A76C-974E8F36E54D (resized).jpeg761694D0-68E7-49D4-A76C-974E8F36E54D (resized).jpeg
#1496 2 years ago

Been enjoying The Dropout on Hulu, a miniseries on Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos. Already knew the basic story but this does a really good job of making it interesting and adding some layers. Great acting by Amanda Seyfried as Holmes. An even bigger grifter than Robert Mueller!

#1497 2 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Been enjoying The Dropout on Hulu, a miniseries on Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos. Already knew the basic story but this does a really good job of making it interesting and adding some layers. Great acting by Amanda Seyfried as Holmes. An even bigger grifter than Robert Mueller!

I like how you slid Robert Mueller in there I think he got a few of my tax dollars!

#1498 2 years ago

Bel-Air is an excellent show. It's a remake of the sitcom the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air with Will Smith. This is definitely not a sitcom though. Check it out, I think you'll like it.

#1499 2 years ago

Just started watching "6 feet under" on HBO Max, quirky and funny in a morbid way.

#1500 2 years ago

Lucky for me, I never watched The Shield. Just started season three and it is so fun to watch. It is my TV show that I watch or play in the background while I work. Always nice to find a new show that has a lot of seasons to go.

There are 3,789 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.