2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 668 posts
  • 227 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 days ago by MotorCityMatt
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 51 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

91IZna1XjvL._RI_ (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
Final Space 1 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
cabin boy (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
FD9BD4C8-59A8-4922-BE00-31FBD89C6DA2 (resized).png
future-man-poster (resized).jpg
Maisel_S1_Title._CB475430233_ (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
8-28-MrInBetween (resized).jpg
9-1-1_First_responders (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 668 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 14.
#101 2 years ago

Yeah, entirely agree on Kids in the Hall. Saw them live in Toronto both on stage and then watching them shoot an episode. They had 'Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet' perform their credits song live- it was really cool.

#102 2 years ago

Shameless

#103 2 years ago

Curb your enthusiasm is one of the best comedies ever. Larry David is making another season. Like most shows you have to watch a few episodes but it is one of the best series ever in HBO

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

If you have Amazon Prime try "The Man in the High Castle".

I tried to like this, watched several episodes, but it just did not do it for me. That's too bad, because the premise of the show has great promise.

#105 2 years ago

Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job

IMG_7199 (resized).png

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Loves me some tim and eric

#107 2 years ago

If you have amazon prime, the betas only lasted one season but I liked it:

Also sneaky pete is great

Humans is also very good, some say it's better than westworld

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Loves me some tim and eric
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

So good... we should start our own thread. haha

#109 2 years ago

In my eyes, The Americans is the best show currently on TV, edging out Game Of Thrones and Better Call Saul.

I really want to love The Man In The High Castle but agree with whomever said the lead characters are wooden. Same with Westworld, although the acting is much better.

Old shows:

The Shield (the first TV series that made me sit up and realize TV was pumping out better stuff than Hollywood).
The Wire
Mad Men
Deadwood

#110 2 years ago

Suits is awesome!!

#111 2 years ago

Preacher on AMC. I'm the Prop Master on the show, so I'm a bit biased.

We are halfway thru shooting Season 2, but Season 1 just landed on Hulu. Check it out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preacher_(TV_series)

skgazxbjed9ynb88xlh5 (resized).jpg

#112 2 years ago

the BBC series Sherlock
a modernized version of Sherlock Holmes
not a TV series, more like a series of made for TV movies

#113 2 years ago

I'll add another for the Wire. Good the entire series and doesn't drop off like a lot do.

#114 2 years ago

A couple of people mentioned Dark Mirror but the title is Black Mirror. Great anthology series like Twilight Zone. I've only watched the first two episodes but that was only because I got rid of Netflix.

Millenium is one of my favorites. It was a very early profiler/serial killer show with many imitators later like Criminal Minds, Ghost Whisperer, Medium. I've never watched the final season so I'm rewatching it.

I had a great time watching Review on Hulu. I saw a commercial and knew I would like it and bought Hulu just for it. It gets so wacky and great.

If you like UK humor, Fawlty Towers is pretty awesome. I watched the entire thing on Netflix a few years ago and it became one of my favorites.

I've been wanting to rewatch some shows from my childhood. Mama's Family, Beetlejuice, ER. I just bought the complete Hercules the Legendary Journeys on DVD. If you like B movies it's unintentionally funny with all of the puppets, miniatures, and terrible CGI.

#115 2 years ago

Rescue Me

#116 2 years ago

Not sure what you're waiting for on Game Of Thrones. It's spectacular and there's only 2 seasons left. And it's a pinball machine! Cmon!
House of Cards is intense if you're into politics and backstabbing.
How about Dexter? The series is over but there's a lot of episodes to watch.
TWD is pretty darn good and again it's my favorite pin with colordmd and custom voices!
Westworld is bizarre and creepy but I can't take my eyes off it.
How about Boardwalk?Pretty intense series. Good acting and writing.

#117 2 years ago

Plenty of good suggestions here!

Let me add True Detectives (season 1 - you can forget about season 2 which is an independent story anyway)

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Not sure what you're waiting for on Game Of Thrones. It's spectacular and there's only 2 seasons left. And it's a pinball machine! Cmon!

I am reading the GOT books, don't know if I should watch the series or read the series first and neither one is finished.

I hear the books and the TV show might diverge somewhat is that so?

I was trying to wait for TWD or GOT to be completed before watching.

I did this with Lost and Breaking bad and BSG never watched a minute before they were totally complete.

#119 2 years ago

I hear the Tudors was good?

#120 2 years ago

Blacklist is very addictive.

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

For binge watching on Netflix you may want to try 'Sons Of Anarchy'. It is much better than I expected.
Gord

+1 I just finished watching SoA. Didn't expect to like it because of the theme, but it does grab you from the start.
I was a little disappointed with the last season though. Still worth watching. There's also a spin-off series in the works (Mayans MC)
http://www.whiskeyriff.com/2017/04/05/sons-of-anarchy-spinoff-in-the-works-mayans-mc/

And if you want something funny to watch: Archer.

#123 2 years ago

Both version!

#124 2 years ago

I have watched and loved so many shows over the years. I am a bit of a TV addict. My favourites are below (in no particular order):

Scifi/Fantasy:

Stargate (The complete Series) - (SG-1, Atlantis, Stargate Universe) - This is a big undertaking, but well worth the time - Google the best viewing order.)
Battlestar Galactica
Farscape
Humans
Game of Thrones
Westworld
The Expanse
Dark Matter
Fringe (Get through the slow first season and it hits its stride mid-season two and then it is pure brilliance thereafter)
Firefly (It was a travesty it was cancelled - but well worth watching the 14 episodes and follow up with the movie Serenity that wraps things up - wonderful show)
Orphan Black (Tatiana Maslany is simply brilliant playing multiple clones)

Comedy Drama:

Lucifer
Chuck (This one is a lot of fun - one of my all time favourites)
Being Erica

Drama:

Bloodline
The Wire
Dexter
Breaking Bad
Friday Night Lights (This is far more than a show about American Football)
House of Cards (US)
Billions
Bull
Jericho
The Man in the High Castle

Teen Drama. (Try not to judge - these are excellent shows)

Gossip Girl
The O.C
One Tree Hill
The Vampire Diaries
Roswell (Obviously this is also Scifi)

Happy Viewing

#125 2 years ago

Being the prop master on preacher must be a somewhat fucked up job. Kudos. I read the whole series. A blast.

#126 2 years ago

Oh by the way if you like older stuff I would suggest

All of batman the tv series original. Brilliant. And colorful.

The outer limits, original. I think it beats the shit out of most new stuff.

I would also throw in the kolchak the night stalker.

It is interesting the comments about the man in high castle, maybe I'll try it.
What I find most interesting is that the premise is what is liked, which is as the author intended. They are really mining the old stuff now. I tried to read the man in high castle as a teen. I didn't like it.

#127 2 years ago

I would also suggest fringe to the sci fi lover.

#128 2 years ago

I wouldn't wait for shows like TWD or GOT to be finished. Watching the first five or six seasons is great but I was ready to move on to something else and come back to it. You just risk being spoiled on major events by waiting.

It's amazing, the different tastes. I hated Lost so much. I didn't get past the first season. The episode about the hobbit rock star felt like filler which I hate. Network shows are filthy with filler because of their large episode seasons.

I had also been let down by J.J. Abrams before with Alias. I loved the first two seasons (the season two finale was one of the best TV finales ever) but the series went downhill quickly. I'd like to revisit it someday though.

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I would also throw in the kolchak the night stalker.

Was good back in the day, now seems really dated. (lame)

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

» YouTube video

this show needsa pinball machinge stat!!! those dringus pinbal compnes dont know what theyre doing!!

edit: Linda Barelli dying in Check It Out! might be one of the funniest things I've ever seen ("looks like a piece of burnt toast!")

edit 2: you could check the weather with Carol Krabit for mystery awards:

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I hear the Tudors was good?

'The Tudors' is very good. It is definitely worth watching.

Gord

#133 2 years ago

Oitnb is great.

Dexter is really good except last season is almost unwatchable

Bb is awesome just takes a few episodes to get into it

Soa is pretty cool but the gunfights are cheesy lol

Sopranos is awesome start to finish

Ray Donovan is great

Better call Saul is good. First season meh but each season is getting better

Twd is pretty good but can drag

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

» YouTube video

Alrighty then, looks like you have to be really wasted to watch this!!

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Alrighty then, looks like you have to be really wasted to watch this!!

Yeah, it's kind of essential.

#136 2 years ago

My name is earl !
You will love it !

IMG_4518 (resized).JPG

#137 2 years ago

"Santa Clarita Diet" is really good on Netflix.Pretty gross at times but really funny.

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I would also suggest fringe to the sci fi lover.

Given my avatar, you can guess I will not argue with you...

#139 2 years ago

The last couple seasons of fringe were amazing. One show that seemed to finish very strong. There are several Leonard nimoy episodes, too. No spoilers but amazing.

#140 2 years ago

Man in the high castle was great. Also check out sons of anarchy.

#141 2 years ago

I don't even see how it's possible that this thread is on page three and nobody has mentioned Buffy yet. In my opinion, it's the best show in the history of television. Another show that I love which also hasn't been mentioned yet is Veronica Mars. These are two shows that absolutely everyone should see, period. They are shining examples of TV at its finest.

I agree with others who recommended The Wire and The Shield. These are both phenomenal shows that make for great binge watching.

I'm surprised there haven't been more comedies mentioned. Malcolm in the Middle is one of my all-time favorites. If you only know Bryan Cranston from Breaking Bad, you will be amazed by how versatile of an actor he is. Some of my other favorite comedies include:

Curb Your Enthusiasm
The Larry Sanders Show
The IT Crowd
Arrested Development
Parks and Recreation
Eastbound & Down
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Louie
Party Down (created by the same guy as Veronica Mars)
30 Rock
Better Off Ted
Community

As far as more modern dramas, I have to echo all the recommendations for Westworld. I found it to be one of the most compelling and well done shows in a long time. Some other recent shows I really enjoy include:

The Americans
The Crown
Fargo
Ray Donovan
Humans
Nikita
The Expanse
Shameless
Stranger Things
Legion

Lastly, if you haven't seen it, you absolutely have to watch a show from 2006 called Day Break starring Taye Diggs. Most people have never even heard of it, but its so amazingly good and perfect for binge watching. It only lasted one season, but it has a complete story arc with a satisfying conclusion. There has never been a single person I recommended this show to that didn't love it.

#142 2 years ago

thanks all. Surprised nobody mentioned Freaks and Geeks?

Great cast and this is exact time I went to HS
freaks (resized).jpg

#143 2 years ago

have only watched episode 1 of Shameless. I thought it was so-so.

I watched 1-2 episodes of Ray Donavan. So-so

I think I have a problem since I watch hundreds of movies, that I believe you need to get hooked in the first 30-40 minutes of something,. I mean if I'm watching a movie and I make it 40 minutes in, I can bail knowing that I won't like it or just watch the end its only another 40 minutes. But with a TV series it could be a 70 hour commitment. With a TV series I guess maybe you need to watch many episodes before making a decision.

#144 2 years ago

Buffy was very good. Most of the time the show was on the air I would drive by Sunnyvale high once a week, for work. (In. Torrance, California)
Those are my favorite episodes.

#145 2 years ago

watches cop shows and has amazon prime - give Bosch a try.

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

watches cop shows and has amazon prime - give Bosch a try.

OK, I just watched the trailer and wasn't blown away, but it has gotten some recommends on this thread.

#147 2 years ago

Right now, I think I am going to watch Twin Peaks and/or Mad Men since I started them already.

As for Halt and Catch Fire I have watched 3 episodes and none of the characters appeals to me (no hot chicks is certainly a minus, say what you want about Lost but there were some babes on that show).

JulietS5b (resized).jpglost (resized).jpg

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

have only watched episode 1 of Shameless. I thought it was so-so.
I watched 1-2 episodes of Ray Donavan. So-so
I think I have a problem since I watch hundreds of movies, that I believe you need to get hooked in the first 30-40 minutes of something,. I mean if I'm watching a movie and I make it 40 minutes in, I can bail knowing that I won't like it or just watch the end its only another 40 minutes. But with a TV series it could be a 70 hour commitment. With a TV series I guess maybe you need to watch many episodes before making a decision.

Absolutely. It's often very difficult to judge a TV show from just the first couple of episodes. It's not like a movie where they only have a couple hours to develop the story/characters. Modern day television shows are deliberately paced because they have a lot of time to work with. A perfect example of this would be Avatar: The Last Airbender. If you only watched the first few episodes, you might think the show is rather silly and childish. After watching the entire first season, you start to realize how deep and clever it is. Once you've watched the entire series, it's undoubtedly one of the most brilliant things you've ever seen.

#149 2 years ago

Great thread - thanks for all the good ideas!

6 feet under, battlestar Galactica, nurse Jackie, the wire, soprano's, Deadwood, Dexter, californication, Bates motel, the Americans, orphan Black, man in the high castle, super mansion, drunk history, orange is the new black, Mr. Robot, Stranger things, Goliath, Westworld, American horror story, Homeland, the expanse

Tim and Eric - wow didn't know so many pinsiders dropped acid

#150 2 years ago

My wife and I just finished watching the 4 seasons of Ray Donovan. Great show. New season will be this summer

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 244.99
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
LightAndTimeArt
$ 245.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 10.95
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 32.00
$ 259.99
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 55.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos
$ 248.85
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
£ 12.00
€ 3.70
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 85.00
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 668 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside