pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
FARGO-Season-5-preview (resized).jpg
jer1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1934 (resized).png
2jk8jp7 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1881 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,666 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 74.
#1401 2 years ago

Currently in season 5 of Shameless and recommend it, but maybe it got love earlier in the thread.

I really liked a shorter series (8 episodes if I remember right) from probably 6-7 years ago called The Night of.

Waiting on a few more episodes to be released before cringing into season 2 of Euphoria.

#1402 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

That reminds me, Adam Savage has a series on his YouTube channel, one day builds. He's incredibly talented. It both motivates me and makes me feel lazy at the same time.

Don't feel lazy. I'm assuming Adam has some money stocked up from his tv show, he seems to mostly just work in the shop and collaborate on projects. If I had that sort of freedom I would get a lot of crap done too. I love his tool organization, especially his mobile carts. I mean he was sort of forced into optimizing space because of his limited shop size being in the heart of san francisco, but it's still inspiring.

#1403 2 years ago
Quoted from Marshall_ry:

Currently in season 5 of Shameless and recommend it

Yeah, that’s about the height of it.

Check out the original British version. It’s considerably better and the actors are great. Ugh, the American Debbie is gross and completely unlikeable. The British Debbie is super likeable and the glue of the family. Kinda like the office, Ricky Gervais was superb, and very likeable, but Steve Carell was horrible, and came across as a total douche. The American office got way better when he left, and the shows with Carell and his real life wife “holly” were just cringeworthy awful.

#1404 2 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Give Res

It's an old post, but I have to say Resident Alien is a fantastic show, very creative...excellent cast, and laugh out loud funny. SyFY is showing the whole series again. They broadcast all season1 episodes regularly one after the other ...up until early Feb when season 2 begins.

agree - great show, even my wife loves it

#1405 2 years ago

Ozark is crazy good. One of the best on Netflix.

#1406 2 years ago

I mentioned this a while back buried in a longer post, but it deserves its own spotlight for sure:

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

It's on Hulu (from BBC America), and there are only two seasons, but it is insane and a blast to put it lightly. If you like shows that make you say "WTF?" you will enjoy the hell out of it. Based on the novel by Douglas Adams of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fame. 85% on Rotten Tomatoes.

It stars Elijah Wood, and so I will dilute said spotlight by mentioning another great show he is in that I notice no one has mentioned and is more of a sitcom: Wilfred, also on Hulu (from FX). To everyone else, his neighbor's dog is a dog, but to him, Wilfred is a sarcastic Australian guy in a cheap dog costume. Hilarity ensues.

Huh, how about that, both shows revolve around a dog...

#1407 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I mentioned this a while back buried in a longer post, but it deserves its own spotlight for sure:
Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

Adding to this - I would also put in a plug for the Stephen Mangan miniseries adaptation that predates the Elijah Wood series, especially if you've read the books (show title is just "Dirk Gently", 4 eps total). It's a little truer to the book characterization of Dirk being a schlubby mess who stumbles into success and I love it.

#1408 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Peacemaker on HBO has been really good so far. R rating, good humor, lots of action. It's everything I wish the MCU would be.

Also has one of those rare intros that you never want to skip. The first time watching those first weird dance moves to hair metal just killed me. Lots of moments that make me laugh completely unexpectedly which is a such a good feeling. Up there with What We Do in the Shadows in terms of great comedies currently airing.

#1409 2 years ago

Seal Team has been a great show.
It's now moved over to Paramount +

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1410 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Seal Team has been a great show.
It's now moved over to Paramount +[quoted image]

Seal Team is excellent. Fingers crossed it gets renewed for another season. Right now it is still not certain if it will.

I see there is a new Season of Britannia on Epix. The first two season were very enjoyable for me.

#1411 2 years ago

If you’re into the swords and sorcery genre, I’d recommend The Legend of Vox Machina that just dropped on Amazon Prime. Amazon picked it up after it made a bazillion dollars on kickstarter. It’s based on the first D&D campaign of the popular Critical Role podcast. Not for children.

Around the world in 80 days on PBS by way of the BBC is also a fun adventure. This version stars David Tennant of Doctor Who fame and builds and develops quite well with interesting character development alongside the globetrotting romp.

#1412 2 years ago

After Life (Ricky Gervais) is very good, particularly season 1

#1413 2 years ago

There´s a youtube channel by someone named david snow, wich has put together a lot of shows on climbing the highest mountains on earth and life stories both sad and amazing regarding this.

https://www.youtube.com/c/DavidSnowClimbing/videos

#1414 2 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Totally agree, its very good. It kind of makes you tear up sometimes, which I guess is kinda healthy.

#1415 2 years ago

I'm a huge Murder Mystery fan..
My favorite series by far is Endeavour.
It's a prequelle to the Inspector Morse mysteries from the late 80s early 90s.
Based on Colin Dexter's novels.

Endeavour follows Morse as a young police officer in mid sixties Oxford England.
They do an amazing job on recreating the 1960s.
The episodes are Movie length mysteries, so 4 or 5 episodes a season.

So far there are 33 movies over eight seasons.
Season eight just premiered, got my fingers crossed for season 9, 10, 11....

Highly recommend for Mystery fans.

20220129_233753 (resized).jpg20220129_233753 (resized).jpg
#1416 2 years ago

Not sure if these have already been mentioned, but my wife and I just finished watching Season 1 of The Morning Show. I was not expecting to like it as much as I did. It has a powerhouse cast and I never knew Steve Carell has such good drama chops.

Also, Ted Lasso is an amazingly fun watch, if you're into Parks and Rec type humor.

#1417 2 years ago

Another thumbs up to Archive 81 on Netflix. Binged that sucker, despite my usual distaste for supernatural nonsense.

Maybe my sharing the protagonist's first name helped.

Now, I wonder where my PXL2000 got tucked away...

2 weeks later
#1418 2 years ago

Just started to watch Reacher on Amazon prime. So far it’s awesome.

#1419 2 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Ozark is crazy good. One of the best on Netflix.

Ruth is one crazy chick!

#1420 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just started to watch Reacher on Amazon prime. So far it’s awesome.

Just finished that’s show. Terrific show.

#1421 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Ruth is one crazy chick!

I think Darlene has her beat!

6F63C97B-E263-455D-859C-57EBF6F5F97C (resized).png6F63C97B-E263-455D-859C-57EBF6F5F97C (resized).png
#1422 2 years ago

Hanging with dr. Z - YouTube ...

#1423 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I think Darlene has her beat![quoted image]

Not anymore

#1424 2 years ago

anything with Ricky is amazing

#1425 2 years ago

Started Peaky Blinders on Netflix - it's a pretty good gangster series.

#1426 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Ruth is one crazy chick!

She’s super hot…but then again I grew up in trailer parks and got a thing for trailer trash

#1427 2 years ago

This just came back and is a great show.

#1428 2 years ago

If you haven't already, check out Archive 81 (Netflix), Reservation Dogs (Hulu) and Dopesick (Hulu)

#1429 2 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:If you haven't already, check out Archive 81 (Netflix), Reservation Dogs (Hulu) and Dopesick (Hulu)

Thanks,I'll have to check this out tonight after I watch the last Reacher episode. I rarely watch Amazon prime, because everytime I wanted to watch something,there was always a charge! They'll probably charge for Reacher season 2

#1430 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

She’s super hot…but then again I grew up in trailer parks and got a thing for trailer trash

Darlene's a little hottie too.

#1431 2 years ago

anybody watch the ranch - i saw about 10 minutes of it and i thought it was pretty funny. has great actors - thanks ed

#1432 2 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

anybody watch the ranch - i saw about 10 minutes of it and i thought it was pretty funny. has great actors - thanks ed

I didn't see much more than 10m either, but it seemed OK to me too at the time. Danny Masterson is really funny, but he's got an unfortunate personal life. They pulled him from the series.

#1433 2 years ago

If you haven't already, check out Archive 81 (Netflix), Reservation Dogs (Hulu) and Dopesick (Hulu)

I second reservation dogs

#1434 2 years ago

Just started watching "Billions"on showtime, and it looks like a winner. Plus there's something like 66 episodes! It reminds me of House of Cards, which my wife and I really enjoyed.

#1435 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Just started watching "Billions"on showtime, and it looks like a winner. Plus there's something like 66 episodes! It reminds me of House of Cards, which my wife and I really enjoyed.

Billions is spectacular. Great acting…great writing.

Succession is pretty good too.

#1436 2 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

If you’re into the swords and sorcery genre, I’d recommend The Legend of Vox Machina that just dropped on Amazon Prime. Amazon picked it up after it made a bazillion dollars on kickstarter. It’s based on the first D&D campaign of the popular Critical Role podcast. Not for children.
Around the world in 80 days on PBS by way of the BBC is also a fun adventure. This version stars David Tennant of Doctor Who fame and builds and develops quite well with interesting character development alongside the globetrotting romp.

Thank you, Around the world in 80 days was fun. I enjoyed watching it.

#1437 2 years ago

"From" is one freaky ass show.

#1438 2 years ago

ok i watch 2 and 1/2 seasons of the ranch so far - funny as hell with sam elliot and lots of the that 70's actors - thanks ed

#1439 2 years ago

Just finished S1 of The Righteous Gemstones on HBOMax. Sick, twisted, degenerate comedy. Enjoyed it.

#1440 2 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Just finished S1 of The Righteous Gemstones on HBOMax. Sick, twisted, degenerate comedy. Enjoyed it.

All Danny McBride's HBO series are fantastic and worth watching
Check out Eastbound & Down and Vice Principals

#1441 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

All Danny McBride's HBO series are fantastic and worth watching
Check out Eastbound & Down and Vice Principals

OK I will check these, if its anything near as good as that whacked-out Righteous Gemstones I'm in.

#1442 2 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

OK I will check these, if its anything near as good as that whacked-out Righteous Gemstones I'm in.

If you like Danny McBride humor you will devour those two recommendations. I preferred EBAD over VP but I am confident you will end up watching both.

#1443 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

If you like Danny McBride humor you will devour those two recommendations. I preferred EBAD over VP but I am confident you will end up watching both.

I never really got into VP, and eventually forgot to even try to keep watching it. Meh.

EBAD was awesome though. Kenny Powers FTW!

#1444 2 years ago
Quoted from emsrph:

Yes, good series. I enjoyed the Sons of Anarchy.

Thanks for the rec! Finished this after about a month of moderate dedication, I honestly don't think I could've finished this over 7 years with weeks or months between episodes.

I would rate Sons of Anarchy 'very good'. To me a notch below HOF tier The Wire, The Shield, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad but definitely worth the watch. I found myself alternating between caring about all of the characters and then none of the characters - sometimes even in the same episode. That's probably a nod to how well the series was done, a true Shakespearian tragedy as you can count the 'winners' on your thumbs and even that would be debatable.

#1445 2 years ago

Just finished Eastbound and Down…Funny as hell if you like comedy that’s a little twisted then It’s worth checking out.

#1446 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Thanks for the rec! Finished this after about a month of moderate dedication, I honestly don't think I could've finished this over 7 years with weeks or months between episodes.
I would rate Sons of Anarchy 'very good'. To me a notch below HOF tier The Wire, The Shield, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad but definitely worth the watch. I found myself alternating between caring about all of the characters and then none of the characters - sometimes even in the same episode. That's probably a nod to how well the series was done, a true Shakespearian tragedy as you can count the 'winners' on your thumbs and even that would be debatable.

SOA spin-off Myans MC is worth a watch too.

#1447 2 years ago

Anyone else a fan of I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson on Netflix? Check it out if you like over-the-top silly absurd sketch comedy...

#1449 2 years ago

I noticed a new show named "Stuck" listed on the program grid.
I thought maybe it is about driving in heavy snow or in deep mud?
Then I thought maybe numerous diners abandon one guy, leaving him to pay the entire bill?
Then again maybe it is about puzzles that people are stymied on and just can't finish?
But no, it isn't about any of those. And I am not recommending it to anyone.

#1450 2 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

I actually think they are better

There are 3,666 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.