pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
s-l1600aaa (resized).jpg
2222 (resized).jpg
There are 3,824 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 77.
#1351 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I thought Vice Principals was hilarious!

Then this will be right up your alley!

Eastbound and Down is the other one in the same tone.

#1352 2 years ago

For you binge watchers, there are already three seasons of 1000-Lb. Sisters.
My question is . . . why? Who could possibly enjoy watching such a show?

#1353 2 years ago

Like male or femal

Quoted from PinlordMarc:

I'm a big fan overall and love how much diversity and inclusion the cast has -- even though the captain is predictably a white cis male.

Yeah, this is what I'm looking for in a good show.

#1354 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Just started Midnight Mass/Netflix, finished Cobra Kai Season 4 - the fight scene choreography this time around looked pretty bad - I understand this isn't Bruce Lee but still.

I think they cleaned up the fight scenes a little bit compared to the past seasons, but mostly the actual karate fighting is kinda bad in this show. However, in the end, the show isn't really about the fighting, if it were just that they would have run out of gas by now (it was kind of going there in one of the earlier seasons already). You have to give credit to the writers, they have come up with ways to keep it interesting with the development of the characters, and some some surprise twists here and there that you may not have seen coming. Season 4 was pretty good, we enjoyed it.

Looking forward next to the new season of Resident Alien which is starting up soon.

#1355 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Just started Midnight Mass/Netflix, finished Cobra Kai Season 4 - the fight scene choreography this time around looked pretty bad - I understand this isn't Bruce Lee but still.
Looking forward to Ozark new season next week.
Got a Firestick yesterday, might watch 24 again from the beginning. Damn good show.

24 is………amazing!!
Top notch show.

Homeland is also spectacular. Highly recommend it.

#1356 2 years ago

Just finished watching “ Only Murders in the Building” on Hulu, 8 - 45 min episodes I think. Like cobra Kai, Just bad enough to be entertaining.

#1357 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Homeland is also spectacular. Highly recommend it.

Up to season 6 anyway.

#1358 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Up to season 6 anyway.

I agree that Season 7 was pretty weak, but I thought Season 8 was actually solid.

#1359 2 years ago

Just finished The Expanse (series finale). What a great show. I rank this in top 5, Breaking Bad being the top.

#1360 2 years ago

Friend suggested Offspring on Netflix. Very entertaining. Dysfunctional wacky family.

#1361 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Just finished The Expanse (series finale). What a great show. I rank this in top 5, Breaking Bad being the top.

Yeah I just noticed that it was the series finale. Interesting because of the little subplot at the beginning of each episode this season was definitely setting up something for the future. There must be spin offs coming. Good thing because I had grown to dislike the direction the show had gone for the last 3 seasons. At least they pulled off a decent final two episodes. The last episode was one of the best of the whole series. Overall the show was definitely not top 5 for me though. Maybe top 40.

#1362 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

1,400-pound sisters, for the self-esteem bump.

#1363 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Same people who watch Dr. Pimple Popper?

#1364 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Quoted from poppapin:

Same people who watch Dr. Pimple Popper?

or "My Cat from Hell".
Snake Jazz My Cat from Hell (resized).jpgSnake Jazz My Cat from Hell (resized).jpg

#1365 2 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

or "My Cat from Hell".
[quoted image]

That show is actually pretty cool. I saw one episode where they rescued a bunch of feral cats in Philly area.

#1366 2 years ago

Peacemaker on HBO has been really good so far. R rating, good humor, lots of action. It's everything I wish the MCU would be.

#1367 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I'm maybe 6-7 episodes into the first season. I watched the adam savage making of, really cool simple techniques for doing great special effects on a budget. I like the premise, but I find the storyline to be SO boring and dry.

#1368 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Peacemaker on HBO has been really good so far. R rating, good humor, lots of action. It's everything I wish the MCU would be.

Is it like the boys?

#1369 2 years ago

Not as serious and alot funnier than The Boys. Plus it's packed with 80's metal instead of Billy Joel.

#1370 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm maybe 6-7 episodes into the first season. I watched the adam savage making of, really cool simple techniques for doing great special effects on a budget. I like the premise, but I find the storyline to be SO boring and dry.

Season one is no doubt the worst of all seasons. Stick with it, it gets a lot better.

#1371 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

That show is actually pretty cool. I saw one episode where they rescued a bunch of feral cats in Philly area.

I've watched a few episodes, but I didn't see that one. One that did stand out was the one at the home of Eric Roberts.

#1372 2 years ago

Euphoria on HBO

Lots of crazy teenage drug use and sex scenes with little titties & tushies popping out everywhere…only downside is all of the huge erect penises they show…I have to cover my wife’s eyes when those pop up.

#1373 2 years ago

Just finished Yellowjackets (Showtime) - really enjoyed it.

Currently in the middle of Archive 81 (Netflix) - its got kind of a Fringe meets The Ring thing going on and I like it.

Seems like a lot of the shows I am watching right now are jumping back and forth in time on the characters storylines.

#1374 2 years ago

I’d also recommend yellowjackets. We have one episode left. Started watching with ‘what the heck’ attitude and not particularly liking Lewis or Ricci. Now we’re hooked and huge fans.

#1375 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Just finished Yellowjackets (Showtime) - really enjoyed it.
Currently in the middle of Archive 81 (Netflix) - its got kind of a Fringe meets The Ring thing going on and I like it.
Seems like a lot of the shows I am watching right now are jumping back and forth in time on the characters storylines.

Thanks I'll give it a shot. We just finished "Dexter New Blood " on Showtime, and we liked it.

#1376 2 years ago

+1 for Yellowjackets. Really good show.

#1377 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Also enjoyed the first season of Yellowjackets and also in the middle of Archive 81 which seems like a winner as well.

#1378 2 years ago

Band Of Brothers. You’re welcome!

#1379 2 years ago
Quoted from Boblabla:

Band Of Brothers. You’re welcome!

If you liked Band of Brothers, you will love
Generation War ( the German version of band of brothers) it’s in German. So, subtitles

#1380 2 years ago

The Pacific is also on my list. I haven't gotten to that one yet. Band of Brothers was great.

#1381 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The Pacific is also on my list. I haven't gotten to that one yet. Band of Brothers was great.

Pacific was very good also!

#1382 2 years ago

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but "The Righteous Gemstones ". I laugh by myself just thinking about last episode.

Danny McBride really delivering.

#1383 2 years ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but "The Righteous Gemstones ". I laugh by myself just thinking about last episode.
Danny McBride really delivering.

Mcbride really only has one character, but he does it so well.

Vice principals and eastbound and down are similar shows.

#1384 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:Mcbride really only has one character, but he does it so well.
Vice principals and eastbound and down are similar shows.

Very true. I was a late adopter to EBAD but found it hilarious. Vice Principals basically what would happen if Kenny Powers became a principal. It took a season to get rolling but def worth watching. Nothing wrong with that.

Only on episode 2 of Righteous Gemstones but will stick around for the potential payoff

#1385 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Vice Principals basically what would happen if Kenny Powers became a principal. It took a season to get rolling but def worth watching. Nothing wrong with that.

The thing that surprised me the most about Vice Principals was just how funny of a comedic actor Walton Goggins is. Prior to this show, I had only seen him in The Shield and Justified, which were both serious dramas. The man is an amazingly versatile actor.

#1386 2 years ago

Thanks to Walton I have added 'running through the house with a pickle in my mouth' to my list of random useful phrases

#1387 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The thing that surprised me the most about Vice Principals was just how funny of a comedic actor Walton Goggins is. Prior to this show, I had only seen him in The Shield and Justified, which were both serious dramas. The man is an amazingly versatile actor.

You should have seen him in Sons of Anarchy. Many times funny, other times very serious or tragic.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1388 2 years ago

Ozark season 4 is bad ass!!!

#1389 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Ozark season 4 is bad ass!!!

Kinda quit on Ozark after season 2 mostly b/c I just forgot about it. Not a big fan of 'bingeing' shows that still havent finished. Is season 4 the last season?

#1390 2 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

You should have seen him in Sons of Anarchy. Many times funny, other times very serious or tragic.

Never saw this show but I see it on people recommendation lists all the time. Worth the time investment?

#1391 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Kinda quit on Ozark after season 2 mostly b/c I just forgot about it. Not a big fan of 'bingeing' shows that still havent finished. Is season 4 the last season?

I believe this is the final season.

#1392 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

yes this is the final season. 14 episodes total (split half and half)

#1393 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Not a big fan of binge-watching shows that still haven't finished.

I don't like shows that drag along episode after episode without reconciling or revealing anything until the very end.
I much prefer shows with self-contained stories in each episode (although story arcs over a couple episodes are fine).
As long as each episode completes its own story there can even be a main plot line that progresses during the series.
That's why I hated LOST but liked both THE MENTALIST (individual stories + Red John main plot) and GRIMM.

#1394 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Never saw this show but I see it on people recommendation lists all the time. Worth the time investment?

Yes, good series. I enjoyed the Sons of Anarchy.

#1395 2 years ago

Picard season 2 is March 3rd on Paramount+. Will have to re-watch the first season, since it's been 2 years. Great show.

#1396 2 years ago

"Nobody" starring Bob Odenkirk landed on HBO this month. Loved it!

Not surprising, love Bob! Anyone who hasn't watched Better Call Saul is in for a treat. Multiple treats, Rhea Seahorn is wonderful. Final season 6 soon, only 4 on Netflix but they have been adding the previous season when a new one comes out.

I searched and Preacher hasn't been mentioned in a couple years. Crazy fun! (I say "shite" more often than the normal way now.)

Watched Manifest, even after it got way too silly and exceeded my suspension of disbelief limit, I won't spoil it as to why, but: as if! I'll watch season 4 but man, there's unbelievable and then there’s stupid.

#1397 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

It wasn’t what I was expecting, but I like that. I avoid all trailers.
Have you watched all three seasons of the leftovers h b o . 3 and done but, wow. I’m going to rewatch.

nope, will check it out

#1398 2 years ago

We finally got around to watching succession. It's as good as everybody says it is.
Really a great show

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1399 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

That reminds me, Adam Savage has a series on his YouTube channel, one day builds. He's incredibly talented. It both motivates me and makes me feel lazy at the same time.

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

We finally got around to watching succession. It's as good as everybody says it is.
Really a great show[quoted image]

The great thing about succession is it sort of shocks you in the first episode, you should know right away if you like it or not.

#1400 2 years ago

Give Res

Quoted from Vyzer2:

Wanda Vision gets better with each episode.
We are really enjoying Resident Alien on Sy Fy. The show is very funny and I don’t usually find many laugh out loud shows.

It's an old post, but I have to say Resident Alien is a fantastic show, very creative...excellent cast, and laugh out loud funny. SyFY is showing the whole series again. They broadcast all season1 episodes regularly one after the other ...up until early Feb when season 2 begins.

There are 3,824 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 77.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/28?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.