• 3,830 posts
  • 437 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by jrockne
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nick foot (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 20-55-22 Nose Boy Is Yet Another Bit From Dan Schneider That Seems Inappropriate Now (resized).png
IMG_2115 (resized).png
we-are-lady-parts-peacock-poster (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
5675773ab24117888a271de4334cd519 (resized).jpg
download.jpeg
Fallout (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
There are 3,830 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 77.
#1201 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Squid games is rolling.

Started binging a couple days ago, up to ep 7. I figured it was just hunger games but it's not quite the same same story (well written). My only issue with it is that if you read the subtitles, the dialogue doesn't match.. In some cases they are generally saying the same thing, but often they leave a bunch out.

#1202 2 years ago

I know I am late to the party but Yellowstone is fantastic! Can’t wait for season 4 to start.

#1203 2 years ago

Yellowstone is pretty bad ass

#1204 2 years ago

Just finished watching Oats Studios on Netflix.
It's a series of shorts that are pretty interesting covering some different genres, but primarily science fiction.
Many of them are partial shorts, fairly open to interoperation and leave the mind to wander a bit.
You can get through it in a day, but I thought it was good fun.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81483047

#1205 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Just started watching Lilyhammer on Netflix. Funny as shit mob series starring Steve Van Sandt from Sopranos.
Highly recommend it.

My wife and I enjoyed this series.

#1206 2 years ago

I needed to look no further.

Squid games.

E6F3832C-1BBF-4E88-8962-6A37441C7F26 (resized).jpegE6F3832C-1BBF-4E88-8962-6A37441C7F26 (resized).jpeg
#1207 2 years ago

Just finished Only Murders in the Building (Hulu), it was surprisingly good.

#1208 2 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Believe the hype.
[quoted image]

Squid Games is one of the best I have ever seen. Loved it.

#1209 2 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Just finished Only Murders in the Building (Hulu), it was surprisingly good.

Finished it? There's one more episode to go!

But yes, it's really really good. The three leads are fantastic together.

#1210 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Finished it? There's one more episode to go!
But yes, it's really really good. The three leads are fantastic together.

That is correct…that should have said “just caught up with”

#1211 2 years ago

Season 3 starts tomorrow.

88758D06-B79D-425D-A128-4870773FF180 (resized).jpeg88758D06-B79D-425D-A128-4870773FF180 (resized).jpeg
#1212 2 years ago

I started watching Manifest. Almost done season 1 but can’t decide if I should give it up or keep watching. Supposedly Netflix picked up the show to finish season 4.

I really loved Lost every tho it got off track or messed around in the later seasons I would watch List again but the characters are a lot better than those in Manifest.

#1213 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I started watching Manifest. Almost done season 1 but can’t decide if I should give it up or keep watching. Supposedly Netflix picked up the show to finish season 4.
I really loved Lost every tho it got off track or messed around in the later seasons I would watch List again but the characters are a lot better than those in Manifest.

I just finished watching Manifest. Season 1 was semi interesting and it went down hill from there. Kind of wish I gave up after season 1.... So many other better series on.

#1214 2 years ago

Finished up stranger things. I highly recommend all three seasons. You might be impatient for the fourth and final season. Which is Announced as coming in 2022.

https://netflixlife.com/2021/10/11/stranger-things-season-4-release-date-netflix-cast-trailer-synopsis/

#1215 2 years ago

Some that are not talked about as much but are worth watching:

Trying (Apple)
The Morning Show (Apple)
Hacks (HBO)
Flack (Amazon Prime)

#1216 2 years ago

Just finished the third season of Sex Education. It remains an excellent show with smart, round characters and positive messages about emotional health and inclusiveness.

Also, half way through Midnight Mass on Netflix from the maker of Haunting of Hill House. Really cool show so far. It is a slow burn, but it builds in intensity. So far, I’m hooked.

#1217 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Also, half way through Midnight Mass on Netflix from the maker of Haunting of Hill House. Really cool show so far. It is a slow burn, but it builds in intensity. So far, I’m hooked.

I'll have to check that out. I LOVED Haunting of Hill House!

#1218 2 years ago

I didn't see russian doll mentioned yet. Watched it about a year ago. 2nd season is coming soon

#1219 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

2nd season is coming soon

Really? I always assumed it would just be one season. Interesting.

#1220 2 years ago

“For All Mankind” on Apple. Great series. Semi alternate reality where Russia beats the USA to the moon. The rest is more or less time correct.
Two seasons with a 3rd due to come out soon. Rotten tomatoes got this one right with a 94% approval. Doubt you will be disappointed.

#1221 2 years ago

Dark Side of the Ring

#1222 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

“For All Mankind” on Apple. Great series. Semi alternate reality where Russia beats the USA to the moon. The rest is more or less time correct.
Two seasons with a 3rd due to come out soon. Rotten tomatoes got this one right with a 94% approval. Doubt you will be disappointed.

Second "For All of Mankind" it is great!

#1223 2 years ago

Bosh. Great Michael Connelly series

#1224 2 years ago

We've been enjoying "You're the worst" on hulu. It's five seasons, and stars Aya Cash "Stormfront" from amazon's "The Boys".

#1225 2 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Squid Games is one of the best I have ever seen. Loved it.

If you loved Squid Game, then you should definitely check out a Japanese show that came out last year called Alice in Borderland. It has some similarities to Squid Game, but I actually liked it more.

#1226 2 years ago

Wellington Paranormal had me literally bust out laughing during a scene last night.

#1227 2 years ago

Are most people watching the dubbed or subtitled version of Squid Games?

#1228 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Are people watching the dubbed or subtitled version of Squid Games?

Dubbed. Subtitles apparently have incorrect translations.

#1229 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Are most people watching the dubbed or subtitled version of Squid Games?

The one thing I've learned from the Squid game phenomenon is that you're some sort of knuckle dragging monster if you'd prefer to hear a language you understand rather than listening to nonsense and reading your television the entire time.

Quoted from PoMC:

Dubbed. Subtitles apparently have incorrect translations.

The dubs aren't correct either, FWIW. And there's more than one version of the English subtitles. There's English subs of the original, and english subs of the dubbed version.

#1230 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The one thing I've learned from the Squid game phenomenon is that you're some sort of knuckle dragging monster if you'd prefer to hear a language you understand rather than listening to nonsense and reading your television the entire time.

The dubs aren't correct either, FWIW. And there's more than one version of the English subtitles. There's English subs of the original, and english subs of the dubbed version.

From what I read, you'll want the sub of the dub.

#1231 2 years ago

I personally don't like watching anything that is live action dubbed. Yeah, it sucks having to read everything, but your brain gets used to it, and after a while you don't even realize that you aren't listening to them in English.

#1232 2 years ago

Anyone that enjoys WWII movies / mini series should definitely watch Generation War. It’s a 4 part mini series in German with subtitles. Excellent watch… if you liked band of brothers you should enjoy it.

#1233 2 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Anyone that enjoys WWII movies / mini series should definitely watch Generation War. It’s a 4 part mini series in German with subtitles. Excellent watch… if you liked band of brothers you should enjoy it.

Thanks, what network is this on?

#1234 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks, what network is this on?

I have it on dvd. Looks like it’s available on Amazon Prime

#1235 2 years ago

Sorry if mentioned before.....

Resident Alien is alot of fun.
Its Northern Exposure, except Dr Flieshman is a Blood Thirsty Alien bent on exterminating Humanity.
Alan Tudyk is the Fish out of water Alien small town Doctor.

2 weeks later
#1236 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

So, I’ve now officially finished Midnight Mass, and it is really quite good. It is definitely worth checking out. A very character driven, intense horror series. Part of the fun is slowly learning what’s going on and then seeing how the characters deal with it.

If you prefer fast moving action, this one likely won’t be for you though.

#1237 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

So, I’ve now officially finished Midnight Mass, and it is really quite good. It is definitely worth checking out. A very character driven, intense horror series. Part of the fun is slowly learning what’s going on and then seeing how the characters deal with it.
If you prefer fast moving action, this one likely won’t be for you though.

Struggling through Haunting of Hill House partly because I enjoyed Midnight Mass so much.

#1238 2 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Struggling through Haunting of Hill House partly because I enjoyed Midnight Mass so much.

I really liked Haunting of Hill House. Probably the scariest of his series for me. Each of his series has a different feel to it. Haunting of Bly Manor was probably my least favorite though I did still like it quite a lot.

#1239 2 years ago

It's not a television show but.....

Anyone watch Live On Patrol on YouTube? Bob Fletcher the Sherriff of Ramsey county, Minnesota, goes out in an unmarked Durango and patrols the county live with deputy Pat.

Usually for 4 or 5 hours, twice a week.
Very interesting stuff.

#1241 2 years ago

I've been getting a lot of mileage out of having Discovery plus and Motortrend TV attached to my Amazon app. Both channels are unbearable on cable because the commercials are so long and repetitive and make me want to smash my TV after an hour or two. Having these channels commercial free without having to record on a DVR is the only way to go.

Just watched The Boys again. Such a great show!! Can't wait for season 3.

#1242 2 years ago

Just finished binging Deadwood. I never felt the need to watch it when it first came out 17 years ago but it turned out to be pretty damn good. It was kind of a shock to see the last episode and how all the characters had aged overnight to me. The last episode or movie, was made in 2019 a full 13 years after the series was cancelled.

Another series I never gave a chance to was The Wire. I’m through the first 8 episodes and it is great so far.

#1243 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Another series I never gave a chance to was The Wire. I’m through the first 8 episodes and it is great so far.

I'd argue that The Wire is the best series to date. Tells a complete story from multiple viewpoints, is strong every season, has great actors, and is a real story. Yes, the tech is a bit dated from today's view, but the story is not. *minor spoiler* - How different is Baltimore today from the one depicted in the show from 15 years ago?

All the other series in its class (Sopranos, Deadwood, Dexter, Six Feet Under, BSG, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, etc.) went off the rails at some point - writers became too self-absorbed, show was cancelled early so last seasons were rushed, had huge 18+ month gaps between seasons during their original airing, had shortened seasons, or other issue during their multi-year runs and storytelling. The Wire had none of that.

#1244 2 years ago

The Wire is amazing.
Homicide life on the street was its precursor.

#1245 2 years ago

YOU on Netflix! Don’t waste your time watching this one. It’s not thought out at all. This is dumpster fire! Watch Dexter much better.

#1246 2 years ago

Two days ago I started watching the latest season of Narcos on Netflix, it just came out.

I guess most of you seen the series already? If not, you've got some streaming to do

#1247 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I’m through the first 8 episodes of The Wire and it is great so far.

Quoted from EarlGrey:

I'd argue that The Wire is the best series to date.

Quoted from gonzo73:

The Wire is amazing.

It is necessary to binge-watch The Wire.
By definition you need to see it wire-to-wire.

#1248 2 years ago

Just started to watch "Close Enough" on TBS (where it was supposed to air originally). It's done by the same people that did "Regular Show" on Cartoon Network. A lot of the same kind of humor, but defiantly more adult oriented.

#1249 2 years ago
Quoted from EarlGrey:

I'd argue that The Wire is the best series to date. Tells a complete story from multiple viewpoints, is strong every season, has great actors, and is a real story. Yes, the tech is a bit dated from today's view, but the story is not. *minor spoiler* - How different is Baltimore today from the one depicted in the show from 15 years ago?
All the other series in its class (Sopranos, Deadwood, Dexter, Six Feet Under, BSG, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, etc.) went off the rails at some point - writers became too self-absorbed, show was cancelled early so last seasons were rushed, had huge 18+ month gaps between seasons during their original airing, had shortened seasons, or other issue during their multi-year runs and storytelling. The Wire had none of that.

Breaking Bad never went off the rails.

#1250 2 years ago

Rewatching ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’… and nearly pooping myself laughing.

There are 3,830 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 77.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.