By rai

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nick foot (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 20-55-22 Nose Boy Is Yet Another Bit From Dan Schneider That Seems Inappropriate Now (resized).png
IMG_2115 (resized).png
we-are-lady-parts-peacock-poster (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
5675773ab24117888a271de4334cd519 (resized).jpg
download.jpeg
Fallout (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
There are 3,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 77.
#1151 2 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Great show and SHAME on you if you don’t recognize Rebecca from GOT.
[quoted image]

One up vote doesn’t justify the right amount of approval for that post.

If you haven’t see Ted Lasso, it’s a must watch.

3 weeks later
#1152 2 years ago

I am digging into the boys. Good lord!

3E38645C-0FF4-4E14-95CD-3551ED9B735A (resized).jpeg3E38645C-0FF4-4E14-95CD-3551ED9B735A (resized).jpeg
#1153 2 years ago

those that like narcos can watch El Patron Del Mal on netflix. it is long and has many episodes. it was a caralco novela and was originally in spanish. it translates very well and is very entertaining i cant seem to get enough of this genre. i thought it was very good. this was mostly written from the the perspective of the family of the newspaper editor that was killed in colombia by pablo escobar the guy that plays pablo is pretty entertaining also

#1154 2 years ago

I really liked Narcos, but I trailed off after S2. I keep meaning to check out the rest of the series (and Mexico), but the subtitles are a bit of a barrier for me.

#1155 2 years ago

Started watching Soprano's, man 6 seasons will keep us busy for awhile!! Love me the Mob!!

#1157 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Started watching Soprano's, man 6 seasons will keep us busy for awhile!! Love me the Mob!!

I can't even imagine being a fan of the mob genre and just starting Sopranos now. You definitely have hours of quality TV ahead of you.

#1158 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

My favorite series of all time, and it's not particularly close.

#1159 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

I can't even imagine being a fan of the mob genre and just starting Sopranos now. You definitely have hours of quality TV ahead of you.

Daughter hooked us up with HBO MAX!

#1160 2 years ago

I second Chernobyl...grim but good (skip episode 4 if your an animal lover)

9a2383b8f04594a392ff5244e7b0ce28 (resized).jpg9a2383b8f04594a392ff5244e7b0ce28 (resized).jpg
#1161 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Then you have to watch the movies ,Goodfellas and The Bronx tales if you haven't already.

#1162 2 years ago

I still own Goodfellas on VHS, I havent had any VHS player for at least 15 years though.

Fucking awesome classic movie!

#1163 2 years ago

I hope to finally watch hunters too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunters_(2020_TV_series)

Quoted from ralphs007:

Then you have to watch the movies ,Goodfellas and The Bronx tales if you haven't already.

I like Donnie Brasko too, myself.

#1164 2 years ago

Startup on Netflix is WAY too good for me never to have heard of until a couple weeks ago

#1165 2 years ago

Heels on Starz is a good watch,not new but Animal Kingdom is good 3 or 4 years in now.Vikings was great for several years if you havent seen it its worth a binge.

1 week later
#1166 2 years ago

Just watched the first three episodes of Only Murders in the Building on Hulu. Steve Martin + Martin Short + Selena Gomez. It’s funny mixed with whodunit and interesting characters. Thought it was very entertaining.

#1167 2 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Startup on Netflix is WAY too good for me never to have heard of until a couple weeks ago

Thanks,just started watching this show,and my wife and I really like it!

#1168 2 years ago

If you’re a Star Trek fan, Lower Decks is most entertaining and hilarious. It’s on paramount plus.

#1169 2 years ago

Speaking of Star Trek....

It's not new but, I just bought the complete Deep Space Nine DVD Set, and dived back in at the beginning.
I haven't seen DS9 since it was broadcast, it works so much better that I remember. Even the early episodes, which I disliked at the time, are much better if you know where the story goes.
You can see so many lost story opportunities in the first season and a half. The creators only figured out the true story line of the show towards the end of season 2. Then the show really begins to fly.

#1170 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

It's not new but, I just bought the complete Deep Space Nine DVD Set, and dived back in at the beginning.

DS9 was a good show and they hit their stride after they stopped being problem of the week and starting copying the serial long story format of the even better sci-fi show that was on at the time, Babylon 5.

I still contend the 3rd and 4th seasons of B5 was some of the best sci-fi ever on TV.

#1171 2 years ago

I am going to watch the entire series deep space nine. It sounds like I missed something special.

I remember Watching season one and becoming disinterested at the time.

Going to watch the whole thing now.

#1172 2 years ago

Hit and Run on Netflix.

#1173 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Going to watch the whole thing now.

And that was the last time anyone ever saw Azmodeus

#1174 2 years ago

A sneaky good series that me and my wife both loved was Future Man on Hulu.. one of the best series I have watched in a while, good mix of comedy,action, and a pretty unique story, we absolutely loved it

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#1175 2 years ago
Quoted from TiltingT:

A sneaky good series that me and my wife both loved was Future Man on Hulu.. one of the best series I have watched in a while, good mix of comedy,action, and a pretty unique story, we absolutely loved it
[quoted image]

wow that looks sort of amazing

#1176 2 years ago

Just finishing the series Ray Donovan. Absolutely a great cast and worth a watch.

#1177 2 years ago
Quoted from TiltingT:

[quoted image]

Really loved the first season. Kind of got lost halfway through the second season and never went back. Perhaps I need to try it again.

#1178 2 years ago

The whole Enchilada !!
If you don't hear from me in a month, call Dr Bashir.

20210907_040008 (resized).jpg20210907_040008 (resized).jpg
#1179 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

I haven't seen DS9 since it was broadcast, it works so much better that I remember. Even the early episodes, which I disliked at the time, are much better if you know where the story goes.
You can see so many lost story opportunities in the first season and a half. The creators only figured out the true story line of the show towards the end of season 2. Then the show really begins to fly.

Deep Space 9 is my favorite of all Star Trek series
it is not just the staring cast, the reoccurring secondary characters really make the show

#1180 2 years ago

I recommend Smother, Irish/UK TV series in 6 episodes.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11719808/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smother_(TV_series)

When a man is found dead at the foot of a cliff near their home the morning after a family party, his wife attempts to investigate the events that unfolded the night before.

#1181 2 years ago

Ted Lasso…. 2nd season there is an episode where Ted is playing a WOZ.

#1182 2 years ago

The Other Two. Pretty funny so far, has a little in common with It's Always Sunny and some others I can't quite pin down.

#1183 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Animal Kingdom is good 3 or 4 years

Animal Kingdom is good and definitely worth a try for at least the first few seasons. I really dislike the overload of flashbacks this season though. The flashback scenes like a totally different show about the old days that I can't imagine appealing to the main audience; considering this is a modern style crime drama. Also the actress who plays the young Smurf is terrible. Great to look at, but terrible none the less. Basically this whole season I've fast forwarded over 1/3 of each episode to skip the stupid flashbacks which add absolutely nothing to the show.

Quoted from Jamesays:

Vikings was great for several years if you havent seen it its worth a binge.

Agreed!!

#1184 2 years ago

Have you seen " Casa del Papel "

téléchargement (resized).jpgtéléchargement (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1185 2 years ago

I watched Weeds when it first came out and have been going through them again for the last couple of weeks. I had forgotten that there were 8 seasons; looking back it seemed like there were only 4 or maybe 5. Now I realize why I had forgotten the last few seasons: they suck. I mean they really suck. Weeds was actually pretty good for the first 3 or 4 seasons and is insanely, repugnantly, dreadfully bad in the last four seasons. So if you watch it, seriously consider putting it down after the first four seasons.

#1186 2 years ago
Quoted from fredo62:

Have you seen " Casa del Papel "
[quoted image]

Just started it. In the States, they changed the name to Money Heist for some reason. My daughter has watched all of the episodes and is a big fan. My wife and I are only on the third episode but really like it so far.

#1187 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I watched Weeds when it first came out and have been going through them again for the last couple of weeks. I had forgotten that there were 8 seasons; looking back it seemed like there were only 4 or maybe 5. Now I realize why I had forgotten the last few seasons: they suck. I mean they really suck. Weeds was actually pretty good for the first 3 or 4 seasons and is insanely, repugnantly, dreadfully bad in the last four seasons. So if you watch it, seriously consider putting it down after the first four seasons.

Yeah I think I got through part of the 5th or something, and then it became unwatchable. Shameless is another one I dropped and never looked back.

#1188 2 years ago

Believe the hype.

C1119077-AEFB-4FAD-A209-9430E72AA703 (resized).jpegC1119077-AEFB-4FAD-A209-9430E72AA703 (resized).jpeg
#1190 2 years ago

I'm sure it's been mentioned before and I'm just really late to the party, but I recently started watching Peaky Blinders and I didn't stop until I had devoured all the available episodes.

#1191 2 years ago

I have watched both season one and season two of stranger things. Moving on to three, it’s a fun show. I might be the last one to watch it. The pinball pulled me in, the cross marketing. I decided to watch after the pin.

#1192 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

I'm sure it's been mentioned before and I'm just really late to the party, but I recently started watching Peaky Blinders and I didn't stop until I had devoured all the available episodes.

It's Peaky Fuckin Blinders!

#1193 2 years ago

I'm not surprised that no one has suggested the series Dr. Pimple Popper. (Because it's disgusting.)

However, when not many shows were in production last year because of Covid, one channel broadcast Celebrity Watch Party as a fill-in show, where they filmed various celebrities watching television at home to capture their reactions to various shows. It was obvious from their reactions that the celebrities had never seen some of the shows before. Especially Dr. Pimple Popper, where their initial expressions showed bewilderment as to what the show was about, quickly followed by revulsion when the reason for the show's title was revealed.

#1194 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I have watched both season one and season two of stranger things. Moving on to three, it’s a fun show. I might be the last one to watch it. The pinball pulled me in, the cross marketing. I decided to watch after the pin.

season 3 is the best by far.. arcade, 7-eleven, the mall, and the monsters get even more effed up #ahoy!

#1195 2 years ago

SONS OF ANARCHY

great show - 7 seasons

#1196 2 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Believe the hype.
[quoted image]

Yes I’m going in!

1 week later
#1197 2 years ago

Just started watching Lilyhammer on Netflix. Funny as shit mob series starring Steve Van Sandt from Sopranos.
Highly recommend it.

#1198 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

season 3 is the best by far.. arcade, 7-eleven, the mall, and the monsters get even more effed up #ahoy!

About to crack into season three. Damn good show.

#1199 2 years ago

Squid games is rolling. I’m not sure if my fiancée will like this, but I like it. I think I will watch the first ep with her and see what she thinks. Instead of continuing without her.

Going to watch snl too.

#1200 2 years ago

I’ve got a sinking feeling about snl. It’s one of my favorite shows.

I wish we had something like snl filmed in Hollywood here.

But my sinking feeling on the show. It won’t go away.

(The sinking feeling for me usually heralds the inevitable end.)

There are 3,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 77.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/24?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.