pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
s-l1600aaa (resized).jpg
2222 (resized).jpg
s-l960 (resized).jpg
There are 3,813 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 77.
#1001 3 years ago

The problem i have with starting original prime or Netflix is waiting a long time for the next season. Plus you never know if they'll renew it. I'm looking at you Netflix with the punisher

#1002 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

The problem i have with starting original prime or Netflix is waiting a long time for the next season. Plus you never know if they'll renew it. I'm looking at you Netflix with the punisher

Yeah bring back the punisher!

#1003 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Yeah bring back the punisher!

Rumours has it it will be back on Disney+. I think they own most of the Marvel stuff now.

#1004 3 years ago

Started watching truth be told on Apple TV. Really good murder mystery plus it has Jessie from breaking bad!

#1005 3 years ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Rumours has it it will be back on Disney+. I think they own most of the Marvel stuff now.

Yeah they have the Marvel stuff. Hopefully if they do any Marvel shows, they will be complete reboots from what was on Netflix. Aside from a couple of seasons, most of the Marvel series on Netflix were simply awful. For instance the first season of Jessica Jones was really good and the second season was possibly the worst TV show I have ever seen. Punisher was ok but Iron Fist was really bad. A big part of that is having 13 one hour episodes in a season to fill. To me Disney got it right in the Mandalorian by keeping the episodes short and only eight per season. This keeps things fresh and moving and the plot on point.

#1006 3 years ago

The old unsolved mysteries are on prime. It's is full of crazy stuff.

#1007 3 years ago

I needed a show for me and the lady to watch and it was Bridgerton on Netflix.

I scratch my head and say ok as we wait for season two.

The sets are amazing. Show couldn’t work for me without the costumes and sets being so detailed.

Not bad but I prefer more violence in my cinema.

#1008 3 years ago

That's the down side of releasing an entire season at once, you watch it in 2 days, then you wait for a year.
Back in the good old days of tv release, there was only 3 to 6 months to wait for the next season.

I'm happy with how Disney decided to release The Mandalorian weekly.

#1009 3 years ago

Amazon has been releasing their shows more slowly recently. Both the Boys and the Expanse have been released on a weekly basis. I'm guessing this is due to the slow down in production of shows because of covid-19.

#1010 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

That's the down side of releasing an entire season at once, you watch it in 2 days, then you wait for a year.
Back in the good old days of tv release, there was only 3 to 6 months to wait for the next season.
I'm happy with how Disney decided to release The Mandalorian weekly.

And, at my advanced age, I can’t remember for the life of me what happened on the show 10 months ago. When you watched a show that was 23 episodes long and ran for 9 months, it was much easier. Netflix doesn’t help the situation at all either by refusing to have scenes from last time on most of their shows.

#1011 3 years ago

Shows I've watched recently that I can recommend. Tried to list what channel they are on, but I download all my shows, so some I do not know where they came from.

30 Coins - 6 Episodes, Spanish but has English dubs. On HBO Max Europe, maybe also regular HBO Max

Inhuman Resources - 6 episodes, French with subtitles

The Serpent - 8 episodes, BBC

#1012 3 years ago

Though it's not a new show, I'm enjoying Southland on HBO+.

#1013 3 years ago
Quoted from seeburg220:

I'm glad you mentioned this. Southland is a show that I've wanted to watch for years but it had completely slipped my mind.

#1014 3 years ago
Quoted from seeburg220:

Great show! Ended too soon.

#1015 3 years ago

This one has probably already been posted:

Gangs of London

Its fcken awesome!

#1016 3 years ago

MXC is on prime. I forgot how hilarious that show was.

#1017 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Shows I've watched recently that I can recommend. Tried to list what channel they are on, but I download all my shows, so some I do not know where they came from.
30 Coins - 6 Episodes, Spanish but has English dubs. On HBO Max Europe, maybe also regular HBO Max
Inhuman Resources - 6 episodes, French with subtitles
The Serpent - 8 episodes, BBC

Just caught 30 coins the other night on HBO. One episode and I'm hooked. But according to IMDB it's eight episodes (one that hasn't aired yet).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9764386/episodes?season=1&ref_=tt_eps_sn_1

#1018 3 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Just caught 30 coins the other night on HBO. One episode and I'm hooked. But according to IMDB it's eight episodes (one that hasn't aired yet).
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9764386/episodes?season=1&ref_=tt_eps_sn_1

We're watching episode 6 tonight, glad to hear there are a few more coming.

#1019 3 years ago

Started watching Die Hart last night, pretty damn funny. Stars Kevin Hart and John Travolta.

#1020 3 years ago

I started watching a Japanese show on Netflix called Alice in Borderland. I'm really enjoying it so far. It feels like a cross between the Twilight Zone, Battle Royale and Saw.

#1021 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I started watching a Japanese show on Netflix called Alice in Borderland. I'm really enjoying it so far. It feels like a cross between the Twilight Zone, Battle Royale and Saw.

Really, really liked it aswell.

#1022 3 years ago

I’m going to follow Alice to the borderland.

#1023 3 years ago

Anybody watch Animal Kingdom? Wife and I watched first episode last night seemed good. Like a mix of Ozark, Wayne, Shameless and Point Break all mixed into one.

#1024 3 years ago

Just finished watching Cobra Kai

Man it was so cheesy but I just could not stop watching it. Some of the actors were really bad and some of the cheesy public service moral servitude was really forced.

So cheesy but I kept watching? My son has been calling me Kreese-lol

#1025 3 years ago

Scored a sweet deal at Goodwill today.

AppleTv 4th Gen 64GB - $4

Came home, factory reset and updated to iOS 14.3 via iTunes, set it up and got an offer for AppleTV+ free for a year.

#1026 3 years ago

2 episodes into Succession, like it a lot so far.

cq5dam.web_.1200.675 (resized).pngcq5dam.web_.1200.675 (resized).png
#1027 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Anybody watch Animal Kingdom? Wife and I watched first episode last night seemed good. Like a mix of Ozark, Wayne, Shameless and Point Break all mixed into one.

Animal kingdom is awesome. Been waiting for the new season for a long time now.

#1028 3 years ago

Just finished up the Netflix series “Dark”
Holy jeez that was mind bending

#1029 3 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

2 episodes into Succession, like it a lot so far.

Great show!!!

#1030 3 years ago

Is it on Netflix?

#1031 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Is it on Netflix?

I think it's only on HBO Max. If you don't subscribe, you could start a free trial, binge both seasons, and then cancel.

#1032 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Just finished up the Netflix series “Dark”
Holy jeez that was mind bending

Watched the first two seasons. But couldn’t get into the third season. Is it worth revisiting?

#1033 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Watched the first two seasons. But couldn’t get into the third season. Is it worth revisiting?

Yeah the end ties everything up really well. I got to about episode 6 of season 3 and almost gave up because it seemed like it was coming undone but it redeems itself.

#1034 3 years ago

Watched the first episode of WandaVision on Disney+ the other night and it was awful, didn’t even bother to watch the second episode. I have to believe this is some sort of in-between realities or afterlife dream sequence that eventually evolves into something more, but if so they need to move the story along quickly cause I have a hard time believing people will enjoy it in it’s current state.

#1035 3 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Watched the first episode of WandaVision on Disney+ the other night and it was awful, didn’t even bother to watch the second episode. I have to believe this is some sort of in-between realities or afterlife dream sequence that eventually evolves into something more, but if so they need to move the story along quickly cause I have a hard time believing people will enjoy it in it’s current state.

I'm not much of a marvel fan, but did see all of the Avengers movies. Those characters were really tough to watch for me, so I'm pretty surprised they got some weird spinoff.

#1036 3 years ago

I’ll second that. Great show with amazing performances!

#1037 3 years ago
Quoted from mtn-:

This one has probably already been posted:
Gangs of London
Its fcken awesome!

Man just finished watching this, some of those fight/kill scenes
Wasn’t like this when I lived there, times have changed
Agree, it was sweet as a nut!

#1038 3 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

They reveal a little more in episode two. But I agree, there needs some action or people are going to give up on the show fast.

#1039 3 years ago

I keep my eye on the comics but I never read this one. Not my thing. So I might try the show.
You can see where it came from. Partially I’m sure.

E21439E1-C4B1-4710-B893-8AB7EE5BD3C5 (resized).jpegE21439E1-C4B1-4710-B893-8AB7EE5BD3C5 (resized).jpeg
#1040 3 years ago

Tv show for thanos wins and cosmic ghost rider would be more my thing I guess.

#1041 3 years ago

Holy crap Better Call Saul is good. Awesome characters, riveting storyline, it's all there.
I didn't like it so much the first couple of episodes but my girlfriend and I are up to season 3 and eating it up. Just keeps getting better.

#1042 3 years ago

I see Dexter is coming back for another season. Hopefully it's good. The original run was really good in general and produced one of the greatest lines ever on TV: "Pardon my tits!"

#1043 3 years ago

I was really liking Shiit$ Creek, until about the 3rd season when they started showing men kissing each other. I know this is suppose to be ok these days, but sorry, I just can't watch that.

#1044 3 years ago

From the Earth to the Moon - a Tom Hanks/HBO produced series on the Apollo missions and really well made.

Chernobyl - 5 part series from 2019 that is fantastic for it's realism.

Alcatraz (one sort of full season) - loved this show and thought the concept was great... apparently the people at Fox paying the bills didn't think so.

V - the new-ish one from around 2009 with Morena Baccarin... not to mention the original and all it's 80's glory!

11.22.63 (8-part series) as well as Castle Rock (2 seasons so far) - both coming from the brilliant mind of Stephen King.

Letterkenny - any of you that watched the Trailer Park Boys back in the day need to watch this show.

And pretty much every single ESPN 30 for 30 film that's been made. Pick your sport or era and have at it. Incredible seeing what else was going on behind the scenes in any of those situations.

#1045 3 years ago

This is pretty much my entire complaint about tv shows as a whole. I like them, but waiting week to week or a year+ in between seasons is excruciating. Game of Thrones was brutal.
I think thats why so many people have adapted to "binge watching"

I think i may go re-visit the Sopranos series, but if anyone has a suggestion...please share.

#1046 3 years ago

The new season of the Expanse has been disappointing. Not as well done as the first four seasons and not enough science fiction stuff. Too much soap opera with Naomi and her "family" and not nearly enough of the other sub plots. After hearing her cry and whimper through the last couple of episodes, I have found myself hoping she just dies sooner than later. They killed off Karl on TWD... Hopefully they get a new show runner for next season too.

#1047 3 years ago

I know it’s been mentioned before, but the Queens Gambit is incredible. A lot of shows for me start out great but fizzle out, not this one. 10/10

#1048 3 years ago

Cinemax original series called Warrior is the best I've seen since GOT and Breaking Bad!
It's on HBO MAX.

#1049 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The new season of the Expanse has been disappointing.

Then you should never read the books because it follows them pretty closely. This season is no exception. It’s a slow burn but this is still the best sci-fi on tv right now.

How could you not like the last episode?!

#1050 3 years ago

The Chosen. Not on any of the steaming series that I am aware of.. just Google it and you can watch individual episodes. First season, the story of Jesus depicted in a very relatable fashion unlike many you have seen in the past. If nothing else, watch the episode where he encounters Nicodemous and explains His coming and the Kingdom of God. Guaranteed to stir you.

There are 3,813 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 77.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/21?hl=gunnut40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.