pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
FARGO-Season-5-preview (resized).jpg
jer1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1934 (resized).png
2jk8jp7 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1881 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,666 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 74.
#801 3 years ago

The Plot Against America. Great and very relevant miniseries on HBO. The first episode is a little slow, but it takes off and steadily builds in intensity from there.

#802 3 years ago

Anyone started dark season 3? I have not had the time to start it. Hopefully it’s good.

#803 3 years ago

Mr Inbetween the best Aussie show ever made. Its about a Hitman gangsta kinda thing and it seriously is that good.

#804 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Mr Inbetween the best Aussie show ever made. Its about a Hitman gangsta kinda thing and it seriously is that good.

Looks like it might be on Hulu / FX. Thanks for the tip. I am going to have to watch it.

1 month later
#805 3 years ago

Season 2 of Umbrella Academy available now, anyone see it yet?
We just started it...

#806 3 years ago

Dammit! I was going to get some things done this weekend.

#807 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Season 2 of Umbrella Academy available now, anyone see it yet?
We just started it...

My daughter watched all 10 episodes today. Now she’ll watch it again with me at a more leisurely pace.

#808 3 years ago

The Magicians on sci-fi channel.

Harry Potter, meets sci-fi, Meets Buffy the vampire slayer... read this probably does better job explaining it

https://www.wired.com/2017/01/magicians-season-2-review/

#809 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

My daughter watched all 10 episodes today. Now she’ll watch it again with me at a more leisurely pace.

Well that's a good sign... we are on s2e4

#810 3 years ago

I don’t know if this has been recommended here, but Halt and Catch Fire is on Netflix - originally an AMC series - and it is fantastic.

#811 3 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

The Magicians on sci-fi channel.
Harry Potter, meets sci-fi, Meets Buffy the vampire slayer... read this probably does better job explaining it
https://www.wired.com/2017/01/magicians-season-2-review/

I would highly recommend reading the book series which is far superior to the show, and one of the best fantasy / critique on the genre series that is out there.

That said, after reading it, I have been watching the series, and it is very enjoyable with a great cast.

#812 3 years ago

If anyone wants to laugh their ass off, check out Norsemen on Netflix. It is a f#king riot!

#813 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Well that's a good sign... we are on s2e4

My daughter said that she got very angry at a later episode, but I’ve told her no spoilers, so I don’t know why.

#814 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I would highly recommend reading the book series which is far superior to the show, and one of the best fantasy / critique on the genre series that is out there.
That said, after reading it, I have been watching the series, and it is very enjoyable with a great cast.

This looks a lot like magic order from mark Millar written for Netflix.

Although I would imagine thier property will be a Netflix release. Magic order graphic novel is very good. It will make a great movie or series.

#815 3 years ago

I just started into darkness on Netflix. Finished season one. Netflix is great entertainment for the money.

Netflix rules the world.

#816 3 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I just started into darkness on Netflix. Finished season one. Netflix is great entertainment for the money.
Netflix rules the world.

Darkness, or “Dark”? Watched all of dark. It’s decent.

#817 3 years ago

I finished season 1 of Dark and am about to start season 2. Good show, but I feel like I need a chart to keep up.

#818 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I finished season 1 of Dark and am about to start season 2. Good show, but I feel like I need a chart to keep up.

I also just finished Dark Season 1. Yes, a flow chart would be helpful. Although good, trying to consider if I will move on to Season 2.

#819 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

It's definitely tough to keep track of which character is which. I've seen the first season twice, and I still get confused sometimes.

#820 3 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

If anyone wants to laugh their ass off, check out Norsemen on Netflix. It is a f#king riot!

I love Norsemen! I think it is the dryest comedy I have ever seen.

#821 3 years ago

If anyone likes British TV , It's the End of the Fucking World and Broadchurch are both good.

#822 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yep. And it just gets worse. Especially in season 3.

#823 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I might pass on Seasons 2 & 3 of Dark then.

#824 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yeah, figuring out who’s who is getting really confusing. I keep doing things like wondering “why is he so hesitant to kiss her all of a sudden?” And, then, I’m like, “oh, right.”

#825 3 years ago

If into sci fi check out Lexx its old but awesome

#826 3 years ago

For anybody that doesn't mind animation and likes Sci-Fi - I'd recommend Love Death and Robots on Netflx. A lot.

#827 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Netflix has a helpful site for that, https://dark.netflix.io/en. Seems like they've changed it a bit, previously I was able to find all the main characters and their relationship with one another on one page but now it's more season/episode based. Still, it's supposed to be a spoiler free reference for who's who

#828 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I don’t know if this has been recommended here, but Halt and Catch Fire is on Netflix - originally an AMC series - and it is fantastic.

I only watched like 1-2 episodes couldn’t get into it. But I’ll try again on your recommendation.

#829 3 years ago

I’m rewatching Big Bang Theory and Top Gear BBC on HBO max.

Now Dr Who is on HBO max I’ve never seen it. I don’t need to leave the house anymore.

I just watched 1 episode of Dark couldn’t understand what was happening.

#830 3 years ago

Supernatural. All 15 seasons on Netflix. That should take months to get through

#831 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Netflix has a helpful site for that, https://dark.netflix.io/en. Seems like they've changed it a bit, previously I was able to find all the main characters and their relationship with one another on one page but now it's more season/episode based. Still, it's supposed to be a spoiler free reference for who's who

Oh cool. Thanks!

#832 3 years ago

I am also watching Big Bang Theory. Never watched it in the past. But it was recommended to me by many friends.

If you are a fan of Disney or like documentaries about Disney, and their parks, Disney+ has some good documentaries. One is a series. They show lots of old footage and behind the scenes details on the parks and rides over the decades.

#833 3 years ago

Has anyone watched Doom Patrol on HBO? I'm curious if it's worth checking out.

#834 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Has anyone watched Doom Patrol on HBO? I'm curious if it's worth checking out.

Watch it on the reg, it's a little different. Very campy, sci fi, but has us tuning in for more.
Find myself laughing at Brandon Fraser's character quite often.

#835 3 years ago

I tried Whats it worth and extreme unboxing on a&e last nite, both pretty bad!

#836 3 years ago

What We Do in the Shadows is a pretty solid comedy.

#837 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

What We Do in the Shadows is a pretty solid comedy.

I really enjoyed the movie. It took me a WHILE to warm up to the series with different cast; but yes - It’s a good time.

#838 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I am also watching Big Bang Theory. Never watched it in the past. But it was recommended to me by many friends.
If you are a fan of Disney or like documentaries about Disney, and their parks, Disney+ has some good documentaries. One is a series. They show lots of old footage and behind the scenes details on the parks and rides over the decades.

I'm probably the only person that can't stand BBT. I tried and I can't stand that show.

#839 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I really enjoyed the movie. It took me a WHILE to warm up to the series with different cast; but yes - It’s a good time.

I felt exactly the same way. Definitely worth a watch (both the movie and now the series).

I still get a chuckle from things like the "Superb Owl" party in Season 2...

#840 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Watch it on the reg, it's a little different. Very campy, sci fi, but has us tuning in for more.
Find myself laughing at Brandon Fraser's character quite often.

I had started to watch doom patrol but stopped. Grant morrisons doom patrol is one of my favorite comics. I will watch it again it just wasn't the right time. I wonder if the candlestick man makes an appearance.

#841 3 years ago

I watched the first season. I just haven't sat down to binge the 2nd, but will. Having read that book, it's a really good adaptation. But it is insane. Absolutely insane.

#842 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I'm probably the only person that can't stand BBT. I tried and I can't stand that show.

Watch it without a laugh track and you won’t laugh either.

#843 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I only watched like 1-2 episodes couldn’t get into it. But I’ll try again on your recommendation.

Cool. I really love that show. It's kinda inside baseball on the tech-y computer and internet stuff, though. The 4th season was one of the best in all of TV, as far as I am concerned.

#844 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Cool. I really love that show. It's kinda inside baseball on the tech-y computer and internet stuff, though. The 4th season was one of the best in all of TV, as far as I am concerned.

I read this book about Xerox PARC where they developed such things as the mouse, the first PC, laser printer, Ethernet, etc. it’s really fascinating era of technology. Steve Jobs passes by for some inspiration.

https://www.amazon.com/Dealers-Lightning-Xerox-PARC-Computer-ebook/dp/B0029PBVCA/ref=nodl_

#845 3 years ago

Tread on Netflix!

“Pushed to his breaking point, a master welder in a small town at the foot of the Rocky Mountains quietly fortifies a bulldozer with 30 tons of concrete and steel and seeks to destroy those he believes have wronged him.”

It’s the story about the guy who bulldozed Granby, CO back in 2004.

#846 3 years ago

A series I would highly recommend is The Lost Room.
Came out on Sci-fi channel in 2006.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lost_Room

They only ever did one season of this so it not a huge undertaking where you have to watch tons of seasons.

Really good show that I wish they would have done at least a second season.
Pretty open ended where it feels complete even though it’s only one season, yet it could be open for a follow up. I hoped for years that they would come out with season 2, but seems unlikely since it’s been 14 years now.

#847 3 years ago

I know there is a Survivor thread. But I’ll add here. Australia has their own version and several seasons starting with S3 on YouTube with commercials. It’s very good if you like the US series.

3 weeks later
#848 3 years ago

Watched the first episode of Lovecraft Country on HBO the other day and liked it a lot. Definitely worth checking out. I’m looking forward to watching the rest.

#849 3 years ago

don't know if it's been posted already but Shitt's Creek is very good. It's actually getting better as it goes along. The Good place was good too but seemed to get worse after the first season.

#850 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Watched the first episode of Lovecraft Country on HBO the other day and liked it a lot. Definitely worth checking out. I’m looking forward to watching the rest.

We were somewhat disappointed in episode 3. Not as exciting as 1&2.

There are 3,666 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/17?hl=hayfarmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.