• 3,829 posts
  • 437 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nick foot (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 20-55-22 Nose Boy Is Yet Another Bit From Dan Schneider That Seems Inappropriate Now (resized).png
IMG_2115 (resized).png
we-are-lady-parts-peacock-poster (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
5675773ab24117888a271de4334cd519 (resized).jpg
download.jpeg
Fallout (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
There are 3,829 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 77.
#601 4 years ago
Quoted from AntennaMan:

Did anyone catch the first episode of NOS4A2?

Watched it, wasn't impressed overall, but I'll give it a few more episodes.

#602 4 years ago

Figured it goes without saying, but the new twilight zone is also pretty dam good.. Lots of celebrities, and a great omage to the original series. Really liked the "six degrees of freedom" episode.

#603 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Crazy, and no one would know anything about the dangers of radiation etc, think about not having the internet etc - great show, well done

My eyes accidentally stumbled upon someone in the background one time too that wasn't smoking.

#604 4 years ago

PSA: Handmaids Tale season 3 starts today

#605 4 years ago

I've been meaning to start watching Good Omens. A friend says it's good. Of course, I think anything David Tennant does is great. Says the Doctor Who fan.

#606 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Not sure why; but I've been enjoying Travelers on Netflix.

Travelers was a really good show. I was bummed when it got cancelled.

#607 4 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

I just watched both seasons of "Fleabag" on amazon prime. Definitely worth checking out. There are two seasons, six episodes each, and only 26min long so a quick watch.

Enjoyed this, might be a little crude for some. I was ready to dismiss this as a 'chick comedy' after 10 mins but glad I stayed with it.

#608 4 years ago

I don't know if it's been mentioned before. "Animal Kingdom" it's on Tuesday nights TNT.

#609 4 years ago

Anyone watching "Tacoma F.D" ?
I am finding it friggin' hilarious.

#610 4 years ago

Some people are hating on season 4 of black mirror, but I thought it was good.

#611 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Anyone watching "Tacoma F.D" ?
I am finding it friggin' hilarious.

Anyone who is a fan of Super Troopers should be watching it. Hilarious!

#612 4 years ago

There are a lot of u f o shows in the recent months and upcoming.

I think the next frontier on u f o s is we catch one. Digression.

One of my friends said we already did that I said I don't see it so I need to catch my own.

Also have found Chernobyl a good watch.

#613 4 years ago

maybe watch some game of thrones and some sopranos, both great shows i love them both

2 weeks later
#614 4 years ago

Anybody watch "Dark" on Netflix. That show is incredible. I binge watched the first season yesterday.

#615 4 years ago

May have been mentioned but just watched ‘Chernobyl’ was excellent.

#616 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Anybody watch "Dark" on Netflix. That show is incredible. I bing watched the first season yesterday.

Dark is awesome! Finished season 2 last weekend and it is just as good as the first season. Can't wait for the third and final season next Summer!

#617 4 years ago

Its been mentioned before, but since I just binged watched, here's a vote for The Last Kingdom (Netflix). Needed 3 episodes and then we were all hooked. Its kind of, sort of, a cross between The Vikings and Game of Thrones...sort of, kind of. Dont know anyone who watched it that didn't like it a lot.

#618 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Dark is awesome! Finished season 2 last weekend and it is just as good as the first season. Can't wait for the third and final season next Summer!

Sometimes its really hard to keep up with whats going on but an excellent show.

#619 4 years ago

Banshee
CINEMAX

#620 4 years ago

Don't know if this has been mentioned. Wifey and I just watched "The Widow" on Prime - only 7 episodes I think, we really enjoyed it.

#621 4 years ago

Just started watching Good Omens, an Amazon original, and it's excellent. I've always been a fan of Brittish humor and Terry Pratchett's books, so if that's up your alley I'd think there's a strong chance you'll like Good Omens also

#622 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Anybody watch "Dark" on Netflix. That show is incredible. I binge watched the first season yesterday.

Quoted from MikeS:

Yep. Dark is easily one of the best shows on TV. I just noticed the other day that season 2 is now out. I've been debating starting it, but I think I may have to go back and re-watch the first season because it was so complicated and I watched it over a year ago.

#623 4 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Just started watching Good Omens, an Amazon original, and it's excellent

just started this today.. more american actor cameos than expected.

#624 4 years ago

if you have not seen Continuum i recommend seeing it all seasons to the last . alot to see and complete to the last episode , Greatness

#625 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yep. Dark is easily one of the best shows on TV. I just noticed the other day that season 2 is now out. I've been debating starting it, but I think I may have to go back and re-watch the first season because it was so complicated and I watched it over a year ago.

I'd recommend doing this. It took me a couple episodes and I had to review the family trees and Wikipedia summaries to remember how everyone is connected. Before season 3 I'm going to watch the first 2 seasons again.

#626 4 years ago

Two from left field.

Kung Fu. Yes, the original Kung Fu from the early 70's. Every episode in 1080p on Amazon. Gotta love those old shows like this for recording on actual film. All these years later we can enjoy them like it was the first time on 70 inch TV. Sure there are a few scratches here and there but it looks great. I forgot how good these were aside from the fighting scenes. Also, tons of great guest stars like Gary Busy, Jodie Foster, etc.

Quark Science. This is one of the best science shows I've seen. The narrator can describe the theory of relativity in such simple terms a 10th grader can grasp it.

#627 4 years ago

Final Space on TBS / Adult Swim.
Funny, but sometimes really dark. You defiantly have to watch the episodes in order.

Final Space 1 (resized).jpgFinal Space 1 (resized).jpg
#628 4 years ago

Just started Humans on Amazon prime
So far so good

#629 4 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Funny, but sometimes really dark. You defiantly have to watch the episodes in order.[quoted image]

Thx for the tip, I’m already into the Family Guy, Rick and Morty, rank animated stuff, I’ll have to give it a try.

#630 4 years ago

Funny, but sometimes really dark. You defiantly have to watch the episodes in order.

I really enjoyed this one. The entire first season is available to stream for free on Amazon Prime.

#631 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Just started Humans on Amazon prime

it gets messed up.. I think I'm through the first two seasons, need to jump on the third. I like that the actress from IT crowd play the mother.

#632 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Dark - best show EVER!

Yes, rewatch first. Im rewatching for the 3rd time and each time there are many “aha” moments. The writing is so good and the characters are sooo detailed. Impossible to catch a fraction of what’s really going on the first time through.

You really have to understand who the various actors are that play each character at different ages. You’re seeing most characters as a child, a middle aged person and a senior.

This show has warped my brain!

#633 4 years ago

Funny, but sometimes really dark. You defiantly have to watch the episodes in order.[quoted image]

6 or 7 episodes in, really like it a lot. Definitely HAVE to watch in order. Thx

#634 4 years ago

Thanks for keeping Dark on my list. I watched the first episode. I thought it seemed intriguing, but just takes a bit more motivation to keep the series going because of how much attention I have to dedicate. Narcos was similar because of the subtitles. I quite liked that series, but I haven't picked it back up after S2.

I'm guilty of putzing around in my laptop or throwing some darts while I watch some shows, at least until they really grab me with a reason to completely dedicate my attention. I love sports for that reason... easy to get something else done while I watch a game, and take time to pay attention to the key moments. If I were to actually watch 162 full games of baseball each year - that's sitting on my ass for 20 literal 24 hour days.

A series is usually much less of a commitment, but I feel like I've been burned on quite a few over my time when all was said and done. Dark does seem like a good one to get into, so I'll give it the time.

#635 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Thanks for keeping Dark on my list. I watched the first episode. I thought it seemed intriguing, but just takes a bit more motivation to keep the series going because of how much attention I have to dedicate. Narcos was similar because of the subtitles. I quite liked that series, but I haven't picked it back up after S2.
I'm guilty of putzing around in my laptop or throwing some darts while I watch some shows, at least until they really grab me with a reason to completely dedicate my attention. I love sports for that reason... easy to get something else done while I watch a game, and take time to pay attention to the key moments. If I were to actually watch 162 full games of baseball each year - that's sitting on my ass for 20 literal 24 hour days.
A series is usually much less of a commitment, but I feel like I've been burned on quite a few over my time when all was said and done. Dark does seem like a good one to get into, so I'll give it the time.

I'm usually a passive viewer as well but Dark is one you have to actively watch and pay attention just because of the complexity of the story and the subtitles. It's well worth it though! One of my favorite Netflix original series. It does take a few episodes to get sucked in but once you do it is hard to stop.

#636 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

6 or 7 episodes in, really like it a lot. Definitely HAVE to watch in order. Thx

New episode on Adult Swim tonight, and the season premier is re showing on TBs after the new episode of American Dad

#637 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm usually a passive viewer as well but Dark is one you have to actively watch and pay attention just because of the complexity of the story and the subtitles. It's well worth it though! One of my favorite Netflix original series. It does take a few episodes to get sucked in but once you do it is hard to stop.

I think Dark is the most detailed storytelling I've ever seen in any format. The attention to detail is phenomenal. The acting, music, and editing is terrific. Dark also has EXTREME replayability. I've watched Season 1 at three times and each time I rewatched an episode I have several "OMG what the hell was that!" moments. And watch it with someone because there is so much to talk about and digest as you go.

#638 4 years ago

I’m going to check out Dark and Stranger Things.

#639 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I'm guilty of putzing around in my laptop or throwing some darts while I watch some shows, at least until they really grab me with a reason to completely dedicate my attention... Dark does seem like a good one to get into, so I'll give it the time.

You can't passively watch Dark... it will make no sense. But it is well worth the commitment. I would watch with the subtitles. Again, it takes more attention but after a couple episodes you'll swear you can understand German. The English conversion for the voice actors is not accurate. In other words, the subtitles and the voice overs are not the same. The voice overs leave out keywords that help tell the story.

#640 4 years ago

Netflix is doing a third season of Designated Survivor. Had not watched it before. Keifer Sutherland plays an accidental POTUS. ABC had done the first 2 seasons and dropped it. I watched half of the first season so far and although a bit flat, I enjoyed it. But again I liked 24, at least the first few seasons.

#641 4 years ago

Lost and Breaking Bad are my number 1s and 2s of all times - watched Lost twice and I never do that... So we have similar tastes.

TWD is worth it - evolving storylines, great characters it's top 5 for me.

We are now finishing GOT after starting it a few months ago and it's just AMAZING. It's so worth it - we're on last season and I'm actually a little upset I can't watch anymore !

Stranger Things is fun cause it's different - but not like some of the others with epic drawn out involving storylines.

One many may miss that is kind of cool and I'm not sure if mentioned here is Orphan Black.

#642 4 years ago

I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I just want to reiterate that Fargo is a phenomenal show! There are three seasons so far. All three are awesome, and I believe they are making one more.

#643 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I just want to reiterate that Fargo is a phenomenal show! There are three seasons so far. All three are awesome, and I believe they are making one more.

Loved the one with Billy Bob Thornton, 1st season I believe...

#644 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Best show I started to watch this year for me is "Cobra Kai" on You tube premium!!!

Season 2 was released a few months ago.

The storyline is honestly kind of farfetched - it seems kind of silly how the characters would still be holding grudges and be involved in the same drama from high school 35 years later, but it is still a fun show to watch and executed well.

Give it a go.

#645 4 years ago

this may be an unpopular opinion, but man, TV is NOWHERE near as exciting as playing pinball, especially if you have games at home. for some reason, i cant bring myself to use spare time on TV shows. maybe its because i watched so much TV and movies when i was younger. prob way too much.

so IMO, dont get another show, dont start watching more TV. Start playing more home pinball. if you dont own home games, then use the two hours you might spend watching TV on to find a location and drop quarters.

just my humble opinion; a value judgment.

#646 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

this may be an unpopular opinion, but man, TV is NOWHERE near as exciting as playing pinball, especially if you have games at home. for some reason, i cant bring myself to use spare time on TV shows. maybe its because i watched so much TV and movies when i was younger. prob way too much.
so IMO, dont get another show, dont start watching more TV. Start playing more home pinball. if you dont own home games, then use the two hours you might spend watching TV on to find a location and drop quarters.
just my humble opinion; a value judgment.

I agree that pinball is more fun than TV but not everyone has the option to play pinball at home at all hours of the day. I have 3 kids aged 5 and under with bedtimes starting at 8p.m. which is as late as I can play pinball because of the noise and proximity to where they sleep. I rarely watch TV before this time but after the kids go to bed and the pinballs are off limits that's the time to really get into watching TV shows and having a beer or two and relaxing. I have driven the 30 minutes to play location pinball after putting the kids to bed on rare occasions but for the most part my wife doesn't appreciate me doing that.

#647 4 years ago

I have all these pins at home but honestly only play like 60-90 minutes a week. Just love playing but not for game after game.

I probably watch as much YouTube as I play pinball and TV/movies/sports probably 5-10x as much as pinball.

#648 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have all these pins at home but honestly only play like 60-90 minutes a week. Just love playing but not for game after game.

I probably watch as much YouTube as I play pinball and TV/movies/sports probably 5-10x as much as pinball.

Amen, brother! I love pinball, but if I was forced to choose, I'd give up pinball in a heartbeat over TV.

#649 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think I play that much in about 6 months!

#650 4 years ago

We need another show like banshee. Badly.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3842946/?ref_=ttep_ep3

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
There are 3,829 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 77.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/13?hl=head_boss_hog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.