Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by EJS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Pick one. ”

• EHOH 32 votes
      43%
    • JP premium 25 votes
      34%
    • Stranger Things premium 11 votes
      15%
    • DP premium 6 votes
      8%

(74 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

497D006D-5400-4A20-84BF-D11C587F7EA1 (resized).jpeg
    #1 2 years ago

Curious what you would rather have?

I’m interested in code/rules, layout/gameplay and toys.

Seems as tho JP has the better layout more ramps plus the moving TRex is a great toy. I’m not sure about the rules I never really clicked with the rules.

EHOH I’ve played the most of the three and find it’s rules great with only superficial knowledge but I think I’ll become more better once I dig deeper to the strategy.

Stranger Things premium. I really dig the projector and the magnet lock but I’m not sure if the layout is too simple and I worry if the center toy will get old quick.

#2 2 years ago

Ehoh. Good luck finding one tho.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ehoh. Good luck finding one tho.

New run in October tho.

#4 2 years ago

I am loving my stranger things. I have a pro, and the game feels alive. The center toy with the drops/ramp/demogorgon is special. Hitting that fucker in the mouth is so satisfying. I love the music in the cleland sound mod too.

I don’t think you can critique STh layout and give ehoh a pass there. It’s got an even more basic layout without the satisfaction and strategy of the center contraption.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Curious what you would rather have?

You should create a poll for this topic as all 3 are some of the best recent games Stern has produced. You really cant go wrong with any of the 3 but personally if I was deciding between the three I would go EHoH as I feel it has the best overall package and will likely hold its value the best of the three with JP a close second.

Stranger Things has the best flow of the three but since you already have a AFM I would steer away from Stranger things as it has nearly all the same shots...it may have deeper rules, but how often do you achieve Ruler of the Universe in a 3 ball game with extra balls turned off?

EDIT: This is coming from a guy that has AFM and MM side by side and they have also been argued to have a nearly identical shot layout

#6 2 years ago

I have JP Premium and ST LE. If I had to pick one if would be JP(premium if possible). Its just such an incredible game with a real variety of shots. It may never leave my collection and I tend to move games quick. But Stranger things rocks as well. Tough choice. Elvira Ive never played but have heard all the love for it.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

New run in October tho.

Maybe. Look how long it was last time. Hope so for those still wanting, its a great pin.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

I am loving my stranger things. I have a pro, and the game feels alive. The center toy with the drops/ramp/demogorgon is special. Hitting that fucker in the mouth is so satisfying. I love the music in the cleland sound mod too.
    I don’t think you can critique STh layout and give ehoh a pass there. It’s got an even more basic layout without the satisfaction and strategy of the center contraption.

Ehoh far from basic layout. 3 ball locks, so many different strategies, hard to compare it with many machines . House is one of the best features in pinball.

#9 2 years ago

Bought both JP2 and EHOH. Still have EHOH.

I know everyone loves JP2, but I didn't enjoy it at all. Every time I walked away from that game I felt irritated. Got rid of it after 5 months.

#10 2 years ago

I added a poll with DP premium just for the heck of it.

#11 2 years ago

Played all three, JP is the players machine, EHoH is the Party machine, and STh is the one you get when you want a new BE that shoots like AFM but isn't AFM. Although not a fan of JP limited assets, the toys and game play are very very good, and if you liked Iron Maiden, JP all day.

#12 2 years ago

I have played JP, DP and STh. I actually own Deadpool so I may be biased but that game is the total package. Especially the premium.

I just can’t get into STh although I want to. I like JP and I would probably buy that next since I already have DP

#13 2 years ago

I have JP Le and Sth pro...

neither are gonna ever leave but if one had to, it might be my grail theme JP2 with the movie code. Tho Maybe not cause it’s the Le

Both are so so good and compliment each other very well because they are very different.

497D006D-5400-4A20-84BF-D11C587F7EA1 (resized).jpeg497D006D-5400-4A20-84BF-D11C587F7EA1 (resized).jpeg
    #14 2 years ago

I have ST and EHOH sitting next to each other. I prefer Elvira but both are a lot of fun. You can't go wrong with any of the three honestly.

#15 2 years ago

Add Maiden to your list and then all five are about equal. Whichever theme appeals the most.

#16 2 years ago

I had a JP, just couldn’t get into it. Clunky AF. Got a Stranger Things now, love it. Look at Attack from Mars and Stranger Things side by side.....

#17 2 years ago

Still waiting on my EHOH. So that’s where I stand on the three.

#18 2 years ago

I just sold my JP2 Pro after picking up a STh Pro. For me, STh code is more accessible, and it can be a real flow monster like Iron Man. JP2 has a lot of satisfying shots too, but they’re much tighter (that very cool shot geometry comes at a price). I found the paddocks got repetitive after having the game for a year, and it was too hard to get to the Wizard modes (in fact, I never saw them). JP2’s art is a 9, where STh is more like a 6. But I like the mood and music of STh much better than JP2. And the UV lighting is a stunning effect, with the hidden playfield art coming to life.

All of the games you listed are great, just very different from each other. Pick the theme that grabs you the most, or do what I did and play them all a bunch of times.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Stranger Things premium. I really dig the projector and the magnet lock but I’m not sure if the layout is too simple and I worry if the center toy will get old quick.

It looks simple, but the 4 drop targets and the kickout from the left saucer really make the game. And the left orbit shot up the right ramp feels great.
    You don’t get tired of the Demogorgon because each DG mode is different, and earning it gets progressively harder.

I think your main issue with STh Premium is going to be finding one. They’re scarce as hen’s teeth.

#20 2 years ago

I was lucky to grab a new EHOH last summer. Super fun game. It's been about a year and I have no desire to trade or sell it and I have a tendency to get rid of a game quick if it doesn't do it for me.

Simpsons pinball party an Tron both didnt last long for me.

#21 2 years ago

JP all the way

#22 2 years ago

Ive been thinking about this and watching the tutorials and think Elvira might be the one to get, a more simple shot layout might be able to make more of the shots to complete modes.

#23 2 years ago

I think JP is fantastic just not a huge theme for me personally. I have both EHOH AND STh. Both are extremely great pins and I have had most of the top pins in the past. These two are by far my favorites to date.
    EHOH for longer ball times and campy fun.
    STH for in your face fast pace pinball amazement and underrated newer tech that really is well done.

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Ive been thinking about this and watching the tutorials and think Elvira might be the one to get, a more simple shot layout might be able to make more of the shots to complete modes.

Out of the three Elvria has the longest ball times by a very large margin.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-decide-jp-vs-ehoh-vs-stranger-things- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.