Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Phatchit
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Where the hell does the good red flipper rubber come from, and where is the f*****g pink crap coming from? I’m getting tired of having to first rotate, then replace flipper rubber after about a month or two on each machine. As well, it's too bouncy compared to red when first installed, and after it starts to wear, clap saves become affected.

I’ve ordered from all distributors, and have some red but much more of this pink shit that wears in no time. I have good red on some machines and haven’t seen any tip wear in years, and it cleans up great, not to mention the bounces are not insane like the cheap pink crap.

I’ve seen so many threads about the white not being up to standards these days, which is true, but I might have to replace 5-6 random white rubbers in a year on 20+ machines, but all flippers rubbers at least 2-3 times a year.

I like the bounce of red, but if I can’t get this figured out, I’m going black, and not going back…

#2 10 years ago

Sounds like a personal problem...

#3 10 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4 10 years ago

"OFF" THEM.

*ducks and runs*

#5 10 years ago

I am guessing you clean them often? My machine probably doesn't get near the plays that yours probably do, but I clean with rubber cleaner to keep the black off the red rubbers. Seems to have worked for me doing that.

Good luck!

#6 10 years ago

I had to switch to black on my location pins. Red's were wearing out very quickly. It felt like I was there every second day just to rotate them.

#7 10 years ago

When in doubt, double bag it.

#8 10 years ago

you're rolling them down too far, supposed to leave a little space at the end.

#9 10 years ago

Don't buy red flipper rubbers from Pinball Life. I love Terry for everything else, but his flipper rubbers are no good. I get mine for my route from Suzo Happ.

#10 10 years ago

thats what rubbers are for!!!!!

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

I had to switch to black on my location pins. Red's were wearing out very quickly. It felt like I was there every second day just to rotate them.

Don't mistake them, they are pink, not red. They look red, but when you hold them up to a good red one, you can see the difference.

Quoted from ninjadoug:

Don't buy red flipper rubbers from Pinball Life. I love Terry for everything else, but his flipper rubbers are no good. I get mine for my route from Suzo Happ.

Do you get these?

http://na.suzohapp.com/amusement_products/pinball_parts/25-1000-00

I have heard even the happ product was tainted now as well, but not sure if that was correct.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

thats what rubbers are for!!!!!

frickin hilarious! And no, that was not meant to be a pun like the title

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Don't mistake them, they are pink, not red. They look red, but when you hold them up to a good red one, you can see the difference.

Do you get these?
    http://na.suzohapp.com/amusement_products/pinball_parts/25-1000-00
    I have heard even the happ product was tainted now as well, but not sure if that was correct.

Those are the ones. I buy them by the hundreds. Just got another bag in the other day. Granted they still wear out because they are softer than black rubber, but not nearly as quickly as the PBL ones.

#14 10 years ago

Ok, I'll try those. I don't want to use black if I don't have to, not to mention I almost pulled a hammy last time I tried to stretch out a black one to pull over the flipper

#15 10 years ago

I may have to try the ones from Suzo Happ. I have to rotate and change the ones on my location games quite a bit.

#16 10 years ago

I like the ones Marco sells. I have to agree about the ones Terry sells at pinball life . I buy stuff from him almost weekly and love his business but the red rubbers are not good .

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-tired-of-my-rubbers-wearing-at-the-tip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.