(Topic ID: 337840)

Im tired of flipping for it! (batman forever)

By eckelpeckel

10 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 months ago

My batman forever will only play the "suppose we flip for it" line.

plays it on startup, plays it on bsmt bzzzzt, when you start a game, in the test menu all the sounds are "suppose we flip for it".. no other sounds work!

changed the U19 and U20 (programmed PALs), no change, changed all the ROMs, no change.. what could be the problem?

#2 10 months ago

You reseated the sound board ribbon cable at both ends?

#3 10 months ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Had the same issue with a Batman Forever and reseating fixed it so I second PinballManiac40 solution.

#4 10 months ago

Tried reseting the cable, also turned it around, sprayed it with cleaner, no change in result

#5 10 months ago

I've had two batman forever pinballs that I gave up and put pinsounds in. Expensive, but it absolutely fixes the problem.

Start with ribbon cables, but I chased my problems for weeks/months of attempts to fix before replacing with Pinsound.

#6 10 months ago

Nothing wrong with sending the sound board out for repair, if that is needed. Waaaaaay cheaper

#7 10 months ago

I had a similar problem, the sound board worked when volume was set very low, but at higher volume it started to repeat the flip message.

Turned out the power supply electrolytics on board were dried out, so when the amplifier needed more current, the voltage dropped causing board to reset as soon as some sound started.

#8 10 months ago

Concidering the pinsound route too.

I dont think theres anyone in the eu that repairs these boards? Already sent it to a local guy once that blindswapped some components on random then realised it needed the programmed pals and returned it unfixed. (Swapped the pals myself, went from scilence to flip for it).

Caps all look fine with zero leakage or swoll, maybe ill give it a try.

#9 10 months ago
Quoted from eckelpeckel:

Concidering the pinsound route too.
I dont think theres anyone in the eu that repairs these boards? Already sent it to a local guy once that blindswapped some components on random then realised it needed the programmed pals and returned it unfixed. (Swapped the pals myself, went from scilence to flip for it).
Caps all look fine with zero leakage or swoll, maybe ill give it a try.

You could ask http://www.flipperwerk.de/
if he is doing SEGA boards-but be prepared that it might take a while

#10 10 months ago

Thanx for the tip, sent him the board, ill try to remember to post what was wrong

#11 10 months ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Did you try this first?

Quoted from eckelpeckel:

Caps all look fine with zero leakage or swoll

Usually the bottom of the radial electrolytic capacitor will leak before the top. Only times I seen the top puff out is when either capacitor is installed backwards or the capacitor saw extreme heat for long period of time and finally failed.

#12 10 months ago

Yeah I reseated the cables, even tried turning them around XD didnt work unfortunatly.

Board is in germany now so well see if he can find whats wrong with it.

#13 10 months ago

Thank you. Always good to post everything that was tried, even if it did not help.

On a rare occasion, even the MPU board can cause the same sound issue

#14 10 months ago

Actually swapped the mpu with a spare i have, same issue.

Granted im not 100% sure my spare mpu is 100% (its used) but seems unlikely they would have the same issue, both mpus are in great condition.

#15 10 months ago

Looking forward to hearing if the tech sees the same issue upon testing the sound board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.00
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Boards
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-tired-of-flipping-for-it-batman-forever?hl=flipsteen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.