Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by aveamike
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 9 years ago

If you buy a Pascal Janin all in one board you don't have to jack around with all those ground mods. The board is expensive but it really makes the game sing.

I'm finishing up a Pinball Pool. First System 1 game I've attempted. I've got it breathing pretty good now, using a donor board that I know has issues, but it's working now, which was more than it was doing when I got it. I've touched up the cab, repainted the glass frame, and got a NOS glass from Mayfair. Touched up and cleared the playfield, replaced all the drops, rebuilt the bumpers and flippers. It's going to be a nice game when it's done. I'm going to be getting the board for it it a few weeks.

You have to repin the connectors. If you don't you're wasting your time. If you're going to stay with the original setup, throw away the interconnect cables and buy new ones from Docent. No sense repinning those when you can buy new, and they're cheap.

I like Genie, despite the fact that it has those double flippers. Just never did like that flipper setup at all.

#10 9 years ago

To me, Clay Harrell's guide on System 1 games is the gold standard. Anything you need is in there.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I've always wondered if there were any EM Genies.. It's possible since that was around the time Gottlieb was migrating to solid state and I'd heard rumors. If that Genie is an EM it would be super rare.
I second everyone about the Pascal Janin board. It's awesome and worth every penny, plus you will undoubtedly have to do re-pinning of the old connectors and if you get an all-in-one board, it saves you a lot of time and trouble having to fix interconnect cables.

Genie was SS only. Gottlieb themselves only made 16 System 1 games (there were some conversion games made but not by Gottlieb). The first eight System 1 games had EM counterparts with the last such game being Countdown, whose EM counterpart is Space Walk. Beginning with Pinball Pool, the rest of the games were all SS. Genie was the fourth all SS game. There are no examples of the prior three pure SS games being made as an EM, so I kind of doubt there is a Genie EM anywhere out there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waterbury, CT
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-thinking-about-fixing-up-a-genie?tu=emsinkc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.