All great advice here. Can only reiterate/add:
1. Get the Pascal board! Even if your board works perfectly, the Pascal board makes it a whole new game. (ball save, new scoring, skills shots, attract mode, blinking!, more!!)
2. Do not be afraid of repinning; it is not hard, it's tedious.
3. Follow Tim Arnold's advice about using #6 screws up trough the playfield instead of the wood screws down into it. Maybe not original, but way easier to maintain into the future.
4. Make peace with PBR. Maybe reconsider Genie if you only use Paypay on your smartphone. Seriously, Steve could list you any system 1 part in his sleep, which can be very helpful.
5. Get an automotive pin pounding set (whatever's is officially called). Dis-assembling the flippers takes an absurd amount of pounding.