(Topic ID: 875)

I'm stuck! No Good Gofers or Tales from the Crypt?

By Hawkeyepin

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by tallgrass
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider santeh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 10 years ago

Hello,

May I ask where you are? I did not see it on your info page on Pinside...

#8 10 years ago

I was wondering when the new Wolfman list comes out?

#11 10 years ago

Hello,

For what it is worth, I have now had a little time with my TFTC and it is a good game but perhaps not great. And, quite, it reminds me a lot of Jurassic Park in regards to the playfield layout as well as that Data East used some of the same sounds in both games. However, between JP and TFTC I personally would go with JP. Oddly, though, the pop bumpers on my TFTC are much weaker than on my JP. Hmmm....

I would say this, though. The light show on the TFTC remind me a lot of Bride of Pinbot in its shear overwhelming nature. Thus TFTCs light show is really impressive!

Perhaps I was lucky as I got my TFTC for $1000 and I think that is a pretty good price for it. I would not, though, really recommend anything over $1500 for it.

Always,

Sam

#16 10 years ago

I must say, I have been playing my TFTC more and it is growing on me. I think the ramps are outstanding on the machine and some of the shots are hard to say the least, such as hitting the captive ball! Goodness! All of this, combined with the impressive light show, makes it a nice game. Well done Data East.

However, it does still have one down side in my opinion. The game has some obvious parallels with Jurassic Park in regards to general playfield layout. Also, some of the sounds are the exact same for the two games, even though those sounds fit well with the themes. As I am fortunate enough to have a Jurassic Park, I am not enamored with the few close similarities. Yet they are different machines and, as such, are unique enough to be able to sit next to each other and not feel too redundant.

Again, a nice job by Data East and, to date, I would give it an 8/10. It should be noted, though, that my machine needs the pop bumpers adjusted (they are weak!), a rubber ring kit, new pinballs, and some cleaning/waxing thus I could only guess my rating may be a solid 9+/10 when I am done.

I still feel that Jurassic Park is a better fit for my tastes, yet I am not complaining at all with the design and enjoyment with the Tales!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, TN
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider santeh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside