Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Turboderf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

So, I went out and bought my first ever pinball machine last Monday, which is my birthday, and I got the pin of my dreams, CFTBL! Anyways, for the past few days I've been putting a few hours a day of play and a little TCL on it and am really enjoying both. Then on Thursday, I'm playing a game and notice that the right ramp roll under isn't doing anything anymore, and then shortly after that, the game seems to be possessed! Put the ball through the "P" roll over and it gives you the "I" and the "D"; go for the kiss skill shot and the game spots you a menu target and a tilt warning; center drain and it thinks you went down an outlane. So it scour over the whole game. I've got the backglass off not really knowing what to look for and going over the bottom of the playfield looking for anything fishy. Finally, I'm just about to give up and post on the forum when I go back and look at that right ramp roll under switch. A wire had broken off and was touching another. I moved the wire and went through the switch test and everything is 100%! I feel kinda dumb for not looking there first, but also proud for figuring out my first malfunction on my own and after only four days of being a pinball owner. Sorry for the long post but before this I thought I was gonna have to sit around all weekend not playing, waiting for next week and parts or something.

#2 11 years ago

Arrgh!!!

Massive block of text. Text mass of DOOOOOOM.

#3 11 years ago

Off to a great start !

LTG : )

#4 11 years ago

Congrats on your first pin and your first round of troubleshooting.

#5 11 years ago

Welcome to Pinside, Congrats on your first pin, and nice work in figuring out why it wasn't working... Glad it was something you could fix without having to wait for parts

#6 11 years ago

Congrats
    You now know how to fix 60% of problems that you will face owning pinball machines

Enjoy your game

#7 11 years ago

Congrats on your first of many machines and your first of many repairs.

#8 11 years ago

Welcome to the wonderful world of Pinball ownership!

#9 11 years ago

Just think how fun it will be when your second pin.

#10 11 years ago

Congratulations! You've started off with a very nice pin.

#11 11 years ago

Great start, happy birthday.

#12 11 years ago

Welcome in this small family...

#13 11 years ago

nice job remember alway turn the game off when working on it

#14 11 years ago

Excellent news - but next time please try this to make your post readable:

So, I went out and bought my first ever pinball machine last Monday, which is my birthday, and I got the pin of my dreams, CFTBL!

Anyways, for the past few days I've been putting a few hours a day of play and a little TCL on it and am really enjoying both. Then on Thursday, I'm playing a game and notice that the right ramp roll under isn't doing anything anymore, and then shortly after that, the game seems to be possessed!

Put the ball through the "P" roll over and it gives you the "I" and the "D"; go for the kiss skill shot and the game spots you a menu target and a tilt warning; center drain and it thinks you went down an outlane. So it scour over the whole game.

I've got the backglass off not really knowing what to look for and going over the bottom of the playfield looking for anything fishy. Finally, I'm just about to give up and post on the forum when I go back and look at that right ramp roll under switch.

A wire had broken off and was touching another. I moved the wire and went through the switch test and everything is 100%!

I feel kinda dumb for not looking there first, but also proud for figuring out my first malfunction on my own and after only four days of being a pinball owner.

Sorry for the long post but before this I thought I was gonna have to sit around all weekend not playing, waiting for next week and parts or something.

#15 11 years ago

Way to welcome the new guy grammar police.

Seriously OP that is really great that you fixed your first problem. Don't feel dumb it was not the first place you checked, the point is you learned something new for next time.

#16 11 years ago

the problem is always found at the last place you look with everything in life still you did very well

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-so-proud-of-myself and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.