(Topic ID: 53500)

I'm So Glad That I Don't Listen to You People!

By usandthem

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by tullster
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

th-1.jpeg
memyselfirene-300x203.jpg
RDJ.jpeg

#1 6 years ago

Kind of joking. It's mostly great people here- helpful, great to chat with about pinball. BUT, if I took the advice of those here, I'd have a Tron or an Iron Man. People have said it before and it's oh so true. Pay NO attention to the Top 100. Pinball machines are a matter of taste and taste only.

I love my Rolling Stones machine and so many here are downright nasty regarding the game. I looked at old comments and one guy said something along the lines of the happiest day of your life is when you sell your Rolling Stones. As a one machine at a time guy, I broom machines pretty quickly-- some more quickly than others. But regardless, I've never regretted one of my 6 or so sales-- all great machines, except for Congo. I shouldn't have sold that one so soon.

Anyway, the Stones are here to stay for a while. If I could have a second machine, which I'm constantly teetering on, it could be even longer. I love the music, I love the software, and I love the way it plays. Is there any doubt that it's on the cheap side, construction-wise? No, there isn't.

But, it's a fun, fast-paced, in your face game. I've never had one that plays quite like this. People ARE right about that. That sort of game is perfect for the home environment when you can start another (short) game without having to drop any money into it. It's funny though, every now and then I can have a long ball, and then Mick pushes the next one into the drain immediately.

Anyway, I'm thrilled.

#2 6 years ago

What do you mean "you people?"

#3 6 years ago

The Stones aren't really that much older farts than some of the other recent rock bands turned into pinball machines. Glad you like it.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Beat me to it.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Haha. Good one. Well, pinball is pretty monolithic, so I when I say "you people", I mean "you white guys aged 30-50".

#6 6 years ago

I deleted duplicate thread.

Quoted from Collin:

RDJ.jpeg

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I deleted duplicate thread.

Oh thanks. Sorry about that.

#8 6 years ago

Anytime I hear "You People" I think of Me, Myself, & Irene...great movie. But yeah, play what you like and don't give in to the haters. I like pinball, none are as bad as some people will try to convince you they are.

memyselfirene-300x203.jpg

#9 6 years ago

I am glad you like the machine, but that drummer and and his goofy face on the translite and playfield are worse than Mick on a stick

#10 6 years ago

but that drummer and and his goofy face on the translite and playfield are worse than Mick on a stick

Hey, I was born this way.

th-1.jpeg

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hey, I was born this way.

I thought Irene Ryan was dead?

#12 6 years ago

Rolling Stones I was playing the other day, and it's every bit as horrible as every other time I've played it. But what does that matter? All what you like. Jesus if we listened to these poeple we'd all by 3 ACDC machines and retire.

#13 6 years ago

Always nice to see someone else who loves TRS.

And yes, enjoy what you play, regardless of the opinion of the top 100.

#14 6 years ago

Man I loved me some Revenge of the Gator Pinball back in the day!

#15 6 years ago

Big girls need love too

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Capper96:

A very excellent pinball video game, quite overlooked too! I'm guessing it was because it was on Game Boy only.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

Anytime I hear "You People" I think of Me, Myself, & Irene...great movie. But yeah, play what you like and don't give in to the haters. I like pinball, none are as bad as some people will try to convince you they are.

Reminds me of the movie, Anger Management. Adam Sandler on the plane and the US Marshall (who is African American) on board...lol...says, "You people" and then he gets tazed. Fact is that is probably my favorite comedy, period...love that flick

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from GreyScale:

A very excellent pinball video game, quite overlooked too! I'm guessing it was because it was on Game Boy only.

I had that too when the kids had a gameboy, guess I have to quit telling people tz was my first pin.

#19 6 years ago

Yes!
Get the games YOU like, not the ones that everyone else says you should like.
Great story and better advice!

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Haha. Good one. Well, pinball is pretty monolithic, so I when I say "you people", I mean "you white guys aged 30-50".

Excuse me. I am Caucasian American.

Dan

#21 6 years ago

New verb that I haven't heard with respect to pinball..."Broom". I'm going to use that for everything.

--Luke

#22 6 years ago

Call me crazy but, I kind of like Rolling Stones..its a little cheesy but to each is own I guess. As long as you're happy.. thats all that matters here. YOU have to live with the pin.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I thought Irene Ryan was dead?

I just watched the Beverly Hillbillies for the first time in ages the other day.

Dan

#24 6 years ago

Gimme Mick
Gimme Mick
Baby's hair, bulging eyes, lips so thick
Are you woman are you man I'm your biggest funked up fan
So Rock me
And roll me
Till I'm sick

Candy Slice and the Slicers.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

I just watched the Beverly Hillbillies for the first time in ages the other day.
Dan

Great show.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

New verb that I haven't heard with respect to pinball..."Broom". I'm going to use that for everything.
--Luke

I use that term all the time and have been for years...

It's second nature to me now...

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Capper96:

I am glad you like the machine, but that drummer and and his goofy face on the translite and playfield are worse than Mick on a stick

Any worse than the face on the playfield on an AC/DC pro?

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Its the "Great Face Edition" plays so good and fast that you do not really notice the face on the playfield but you do on the Premium as the ball slows down in that lower playfield trap where the outline of the face is. I like them both and own both versions as they each play different but good!

#29 6 years ago

When I saw the first pics of this I was cracking up and thought the poster had photoshopped that huge ugly melon onto the PF but then reality set in when I found out it was the real deal.
Stern should have included a sticker to cover it like they did for Mr. Hanky on South Park.

#30 6 years ago

There's nothing that looks as "good" on TRS as Angus' face on ACDC.

Sadly that's the truth.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

As a one machine at a time guy...

How is this even remotely possible? I don't understand.

#32 6 years ago

Cool "Mick on a Stick" - Cool. I don't like this game. Doesn't mean you shouldn't. Congrats on getting something you like!

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

only 3 more years and I'm out of that demographic

Quoted from Capper96:

I still happen to have a copy of that for the original game boy, however my favorite is still devil's crush for my turbo express

#34 6 years ago

I am glad that you are really into your Stones machine. To hell with what anyone else thinks. It is you who are playing the game. That is all that matters. As for me, I could not even LOOK at a anything concerning the RS or Mick Jagger because I recently saw the dancing in the streets video he did with David Bowie and I feel that it is a complete abomination upon the Earth. I do not want to sound politically incorrect but it is so g**. Sorry. No nice way to put it. G*******Y. I can't believe that there was someone whose job it was to determine what was good enough to put in the final cut and actually thought that it was good enough to make it onto MTV. Mick acts ridiculous in it. I thought he was going to make out with Bowie at one part of the video. If I was ever chocking on a chicken bone I would hope that I had enough time to look the video up on youtube so I could throw up and save my life. Is it really THAT BAD? No. LOL. Its worse. The sad thing is that there are some RS songs that I think are great. But unfortunately that one video poisoned me and scarred me for life. If I watched the video again I would not want to dance in the street I would want to run through it screaming that the apocalypse is near. I'm sorry, what was this original thread about?

(I am so going to catch hell for this. )

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

No offense meant. I do realize that "you people" is a euphemism used by some white people in the past when referring to black people. But since I had already done it, I tried to be ironic in my follow-up. The irony is that when you say "you people" in a pinball forum, it's 99% white guys that you're talking to. Get it? Haha. I'm not a racist or anything of the sort. I despise racism. I was just stating an indisputable fact and was trying to be funny in the process. Sorry.

#36 6 years ago

Love my Rolling Stones LE - the magnets and mick really shake it up a bit. Very simple design is fun to play. Whatever to each their own. Enjoy the pin

MK

#37 6 years ago

I am a huge Stones fan and I was completely disappointed when I finally played TRS. Almost as much fun to me as the Elvis pin a few years earlier. The stones pin could have been so much better the tongue should have been a ramp I wish they could have figured that out.

All that being said I will still buy one some day because of theme and because it's still pinball and I like it, like it yes I Do , yeah I like it, I like it, can't you see that this old boy is lonely...

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I'm not a racist or anything of the sort.

haha....only digging deeper. The only thing missing is the comment - I have lots of friends who are "you people".

Any game is great if you like it - no matter what you people say. 8^)

#39 6 years ago

I respect your opinion but you should have listened to me.

Kim

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I am glad that you are really into your Stones machine. To hell with what anyone else thinks. It is you who are playing the game. That is all that matters. As for me, I could not even LOOK at a anything concerning the RS or Mick Jagger because I recently saw the dancing in the streets video he did with David Bowie and I feel that it is a complete abomination upon the Earth. I do not want to sound politically incorrect but it is so g**. Sorry. No nice way to put it. G*******Y. I can't believe that there was someone whose job it was to determine what was good enough to put in the final cut and actually thought that it was good enough to make it onto MTV. Mick acts ridiculous in it. I thought he was going to make out with Bowie at one part of the video. If I was ever chocking on a chicken bone I would hope that I had enough time to look the video up on youtube so I could throw up and save my life. Is it really THAT BAD? No. LOL. Its worse. The sad thing is that there are some RS songs that I think are great. But unfortunately that one video poisoned me and scarred me for life. If I watched the video again I would not want to dance in the street I would want to run through it screaming that the apocalypse is near. I'm sorry, what was this original thread about?

Get over it.

#41 6 years ago

Nancy Kulp was actually a teacher of mine in college. "History of Movies". She taught for a year after losing a senate bid to bud shuster.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

That video was so historic it has been featured in a Family Guy Episode so many new kids can see it. I saw that episode on tv the other day again and my 11 year old said how gay are those guys. I told him that was just the style and colors back in the early 80's and he looked at my funny! I just had to laugh. That video is just odd and I believe it was a number 1 hit or maybe it was his song with Michael Jackson around the same time. I like TRS LE machine way better than the Pro, I like the magnets and as a family we enjoy the powerball. I sold mine a month ago but would love to own it again in the future.
Buddy

#43 6 years ago

Did you honestly enjoy that video? Did anyone? Even back then?
If I had two choices and one was to watch that video or take a weedwacker to the eyes, I would not choose that video. I am even ashamed that I am a member of the same species that would make a video like that. I'm sorry but I can't get over it. The images are too painful. Much more than a rapidly spinning plastic cord shredding my eyeballs would be.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Did you honestly enjoy that video? Did anyone? Even back then?
If I had two choices and one was to watch that video or take a weedwacker to the eyes, I would

It's a horrible video but what's wrong with a video of 2 Bi dudes dancing together?

#45 6 years ago

Two quick questions- I appreciate the help in advance. I bought the clear sticky flipper button protectors from Pinball Life to protect the cabinet. It currently has no wear-- wanted to keep it that way. Anyway, the holes seem too small to fit around the frames of the flipper buttons. Are you supposed to take the frames off and reinstall them outside the mylar? Or do you simply have to resize the holes. I wasn't planning on taking parts off. I was planning on an easy stick it and forget it situation.

Also, this is a TRS question. When you get into "Play Records" mode, one of the records will light on the playfield. When you hit it, a different one will light up. Sometimes the light bounces around randomly. Anyway, when it's lit in front of Charlie Watts, there doesn't seem to be any way to register a hit. I don't see a switch or anything. It doesn't register when you get into the jet bumpers (drums) either. How do you get that shot to register? It works everywhere else, just not there. Thanks.

#46 6 years ago

Congrats on the new game hope you and your kind like it.
( for the record I match your description)

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

wow- i guess i never thought of myself as a you people but guess i am-lol

#48 6 years ago

On your quick questions...
- You'll have to remove the flipper buttons to install the protectors.
- There's an opto under Charlie that might not be working. Without it, you won't get fast scoring mode either.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
4,799 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 69.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside