(Topic ID: 17028)

I'm sick of Superhero Themes ... Who's With Me!

By PinBill

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TigerLaw25
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

fepred.jpg
    vixens_ted.jpg
    Wonder_Woman.jpg
    Wonder_Womann.jpg
    ds_Cover_copy.jpg
    THE_DEADLY_SPAWN_art_uk_tsm.jpg

There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 7 years ago

Well if a huge part of their market is European operators than you know they have to find themes that will work there.
    I say re do Playboy, Charlies Angels and do an Underworld for a hot but dark theme as well.

#52 7 years ago

John Carter of Mars....

#53 7 years ago

They should re-theme ac/dc to the Monsters of Metal. They could do Metallica, Motorhead, Maiden, and any other great band you could name. Have a Multiball and a mode assigned to each. And also release song upgrades that you could change the bands song with a quick USB update. I would be on that. Take out the dancing "gay as you can get" dolls in the back and replace it with something "metal themed". Would u not love an "ACE OF SPADES MULTIBALL" Or the unreal light show that the pin would do when Enter Sandman multiball starts. Never got into ac/dc so yea i like a few songs but to go out and buy a pin dedicated to 1 band is not my cup of tea. A multi-metal band theme with some great songs from a couple great bands. I think we would be all aboard for that.

#54 7 years ago

I'm Still wait-n on Wonder Woman to be made , maybe JJP will do that 1 too.

Wonder_Womann.jpg Wonder_Woman.jpg

#55 7 years ago

Three stooges? Although I prefer JJP do that one.

#56 7 years ago

I'll keep an eye out for ya! nyuk nyuk

#57 7 years ago

boobies need to make a comeback.

#58 7 years ago

)

vixens_ted.jpg

#59 7 years ago

or

fepred.jpg

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinBill:

besides Jpoops 10K game.

Jpoop? Is that a typo? I hope so.

#61 7 years ago

I like super hero themes!

#62 7 years ago

Jpoopie.

#63 7 years ago

Killer Klowns From Outer Space!

#64 7 years ago

i am with you!! lets see more originals!

#65 7 years ago

Evil Dead 2.

Swolla ya soul!

#66 7 years ago

While a comic franchise, not really super hero - but a Swamp Thing pin would be cool. Already have plenty of cleavage for the backglass

#67 7 years ago
    Quoted from 6S3NC3:

They should re-theme ac/dc to the Monsters of Metal. They could do Metallica, Motorhead, Maiden, and any other great band you could name. Have a Multiball and a mode assigned to each. And also release song upgrades that you could change the bands song with a quick USB update. I would be on that. Take out the dancing "gay as you can get" dolls in the back and replace it with something "metal themed". Would u not love an "ACE OF SPADES MULTIBALL" Or the unreal light show that the pin would do when Enter Sandman multiball starts. Never got into ac/dc so yea i like a few songs but to go out and buy a pin dedicated to 1 band is not my cup of tea. A multi-metal band theme with some great songs from a couple great bands. I think we would be all aboard for that.

Finally a great theme. Pins need to have interchagable music. Anyone working on a hack? Sign me up.

#68 7 years ago

+1 for KKFOS.

#69 7 years ago

+2 for kkfos. That would be the shit!
    Maybe jpoo-poo can do it for #3.

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

boobies need to make a comeback.

Here you go... How about this for a pin?

#71 7 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Here you go... How about this for a pin?

Or Wizards!!

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #73 7 years ago

Well, looks like JPOP appears to be the only answer to the original theme drought. Magic Girl should surface soon (hopefully) and we'll all get a long awaited look at something unique. BHZA will continue this trend.
    With MG at $16K and just a handfull of units, to BHZA with 124 ukts costing $10K, we can only hope that John will continue with this trend of increasing production numbers while decreasing cost. Who knows? In 5 years we may be seeing original themed JPOP/Ben Hecks pins being mass produced at more mainstream pricing... except $10K may be the mainstream by that point

#74 7 years ago

I'm sick of superhero themes AND movies! Really, does every obscure comic book hero need to be made into a movie? Do people still read comic books???

#75 7 years ago

I'm pretty happy with superhero themed pins. SM is one of the best pins ever made. BDK and IM are great pins in their own right.

To top it all off... Stern has brought out 5 pins since their last superhero themed pin (IM). Not like they are pumping these out one right after the other.

#76 7 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Stern has brought out 5 pins since their last superhero themed pin (IM).

Would TF count as a superhero pin as well?

#77 7 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Do people still read comic books???

No, we call them Graphic Novels now.

#78 7 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Would TF count as a superhero pin as well?

Not in my eyes, but I suppose there are some who would disagree.

#80 7 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

I'm sick of superhero themes AND movies! Really, does every obscure comic book hero need to be made into a movie?

It's going to be awesome when we run out of popular superheroes and start scraping the bottom of the barrel. Can not wait!

Dibs on Wonder Twins LEs (1 each Zan and Jayna editions)

#81 7 years ago

"other" non-movie/music license themes I'd like to see: Lego's, War Craft, Halo, Clue, M&M's.

#82 7 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

It's going to be awesome when we run out of popular superheroes and start scraping the bottom of the barrel. Can not wait!

Dibs on Wonder Twins LEs (1 each Zan and Jayna editions)

Actually, if they had the guys who write family guy come up with a Wonder Twins-based pin, that would be an absolute winner! "Now I play the waiting game...."

#83 7 years ago

Super hero pins until I lay in waste....you will get no complaints from this guy.

#84 7 years ago

I love superhero pins, but hate Music themes... The Rolling Stones and AC/DC just don't do it for me personally.

#85 7 years ago

If we can't get superheros or creatures we gotta have boobs to replace them. I doubt that "Modern Family" would make a good pinball game though. We are overdue for something like that, but with everything being so politically correct these days it will probably never happen.

So what themes does that leave us with if we take superheros out of the equasion? Some type of creature or aliens game has not been done for awhile.

Whats a "Wonder Twin"?

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #87 7 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

Whats a "Wonder Twin"?

You must be joking. Does "ice unicycle" ring a bell?

#89 7 years ago

Holy crap...can't figure out how to post something without it linking. Even tried the underscore and code.

Crap.

#90 7 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I'm pretty happy with superhero themed pins. SM is one of the best pins ever made. BDK and IM are great pins in their own right.
    To top it all off... Stern has brought out 5 pins since their last superhero themed pin (IM). Not like they are pumping these out one right after the other.

Exactly.

There's a reason that there are so many superhero themed pins (and movies for that matter): they sell!

#91 7 years ago

It's time for a great baseball pin. Please.

#92 7 years ago

I like superhero and band pins, but a steady diet of them is boring. Time to branch out a little. Maybe if JJP does well with WOZ (a low testosterone/high fun factor pin) Stern will dare to depart from their old patterns.

Is it true that the next Stern will replace the shaker with a testosterone pump?

#93 7 years ago

+2 for Linda Carter

I want to see a invisible jet mod.

#94 7 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

Is it true that the next Stern will replace the shaker with a testosterone pump?

Think they're replacing it with a Fleshlight.

#95 7 years ago
    Quoted from Shadow:

It's time for a great baseball pin. Please.

This. Or a proper NHL hockey theme, not a "Bobby Orr" featuring the man on a team he barely played for nor cared about. Oh wait Chicago is the cradle of pin civilization, makes sense I guess.

Just think about a goal crease hurry-up with a moving goalie. "Breakaway" skill shot. Hat trick mode (3 ramps in a set time or something). Fighting video mode. Seems like lots could be done.

#96 7 years ago
    Quoted from TunaSled:

NHL hockey theme

The drop targets could look like teeth - knock them out and get a major penalty multiball.

#97 7 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

Maybe if JJP does well with WOZ

Sorry, but really don't think the theme Wizard of Oz is what is attracting people to buying that pin. It probably will succeed in spite of, not because of that theme.

New company's first machine, 3 playfields, quality parts, LCD monitor, wide body, invisible glass, no photoshop, great software designer, etc..., are the reasons I believe why interest is off the chart for this pin.

If you really want to go family oriented, I'd rather see a Pixar theme, then back to the testosterone.

#98 7 years ago

So far the only superhero pin i find worth owning and adding to the collection is SM...so hell yeah bring on X MEN and Avengers and i'll see if they can knock Spidey out of contention for my one superhero spot im saving in collection!!

#100 7 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

If you really want to go family oriented, I'd rather see a Pixar theme

I like that idea. Beats Shrek. I mean the first Shrek film was good, I guess. The pin was ok... But a Pixar pin would probably be way better!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 135.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    $ 7.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 24.00
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 140.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    ScottyMods
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 400.00
    Boards
    Great American Pinball
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 9.95
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    € 8.40
    $ 248.85
    There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside