• Latest reply 10 years ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IM_3.jpg
IM_Stern_alternate_translite.jpg
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

If there was a code update, I would really like,

Add combo scoring.
Make do or die multiball easier to reach.
Add another hurry up mode.
Add more animation.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

If there was a code update, I would really like,
Add combo scoring.
Make do or die multiball easier to reach.
Add another hurry up mode.
Add more animation.

Do or Die Multiball ... Never even seen that! A true wizard mode. You need magic to see it

Combo scoring is a really good idea.

And better DMD information would be ideal.

Some people reckon normal Do or Die hurry up is too hard to get.

You don't want it to be easy ... Or the novelty would soon wear off.

I get it lit every 15-20 games I guess (my IM is set up hard and fast!) and it is still exciting when it happens. And it counts down reallllllly fast, sometimes you miss out on it. Last one I nailed it straight away, 33,900! Nice. That shot started Jerico too. Winner!

Early Ironman code had DOD progression between balls. It was a snorefest. Far too easy.
rd.

#53 10 years ago

Double post

#54 10 years ago

Anyone made it to DoD multi ball?

#55 10 years ago

Nope. Impossible.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Nope. Impossible.

I wrote up a fairly detailed explanation of why it is essentially impossible to reach DoDMB on factory settings. I am sure someone can link it/research it if they are interested.

#57 10 years ago

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

» YouTube video

That's gold.

rd.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

» YouTube video

Haha, awesome!

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

I wrote up a fairly detailed explanation of why it is essentially impossible to reach DoDMB on factory settings. I am sure someone can link it/research it if they are interested.

Here it is:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-near-impossibility-of-do-or-die-multiball

#61 10 years ago

Nice, I didn't remember the 4 * drones.

I also never made it towards DoD multi-ball only managed to get the 4 other lamps blinking

#62 10 years ago

IM rules, as they are, are great, but somewhat shallow compared to something similar, like SM. In SM every character has 3 distinct modes (sandman, venom, goblin, doc ock). In IM only the IM targets do have 3 modes. For the others, there is only 1 mode each (whiplash, war machine and monger). Seems like they ran out of time. I can't believe no one has said this yet.

As to the other question about rerunning it - I love mine and since they only did a limited initial run, I think a rerun would sell and even though it would probably dampen the price appreciation of my machine I think they should do it anyway. It would stop all the pinheads hounding me about selling mine (by the way, not gonna happen).

Even better, do an LE run - I might even be in for 1.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Nope. Impossible.

It has been done by Robert Gagno, one of the top ranked players in the world. http://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?player_id=3008

He sometimes attends our Settle pinball league events. He and his family bought an Iron Man recently and he's gotten Do Or Die Multiball at least twice to my knowledge.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from Benaar:

It has been done by Robert Gagno, one of the top ranked players in the world. http://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?player_id=3008
He sometimes attends our Settle pinball league events. He and his family bought an Iron Man recently and he's gotten Do Or Die Multiball at least twice to my knowledge.

Impressive!

I felt it is doable (but only *nearly* impossible as my thread stated). I know I was darn close once and I am not as highly ranked as the "IFPA front pagers" (Some of those players have skills that are just a joy to watch).

I would love to hear about his game's settings and what strategy he used, did he avoid Jericho, or did he just plow through Jericho, was Jericho on carry over, any extra balls during those 2 games (they do randomly come up!)

Regardless, I don't think we'll ever see a flood of "I reached DoDMB!" posts

Nice to hear someone did it!

Thanks!

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

I would love to hear about his game's settings and what strategy he used, did he avoid Jericho, or did he just plow through Jericho, was Jericho on carry over, any extra balls during those 2 games (they do randomly come up!)

We're hosting a tournament this weekend and I believe he and his folks are coming. I'll ask. Heck, maybe he'll pull a DoDMB off on *my* Iron Man!

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Benaar:

We're hosting a tournament this weekend and I believe he and his folks are coming. I'll ask. Heck, maybe he'll pull a DoDMB off on *my* Iron Man!

get IM out and a camera out and record the game, sure a few of us would like to see it as well as strategies

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 24.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-rules-update-what-you-would-like-to-see/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.