• Latest reply 10 years ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IM_3.jpg
IM_Stern_alternate_translite.jpg
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Yes like the post heading this is hypothetical, but with IM3 coming out soon they may not do another re-run but would be cool if they could do to cleanup / improve. You never know this could be our chance to make a awesome game into a absolute killer game.

Things I would like to see is -

1. Instant Info - hold the flipper button down to see how may hits the drones, whiplash and war machine have to be hit - save the guess work.

2. Maybe like the Tron latest release do a 12 ramp Extra Ball ???

3. Maybe as a fun feature but challenging is during the monger fight when he is up and when your up to the last 2 lights / hits ????, Iron Man is running low on power so either of the flippers can't be held up longer than one second - and this could be a turn on and off feature.

Who knows they are giving a few good updates lately and why not at least dream - enough interest and could get the experts to tweak possibly even encourage a re-run.

Share you software rule ideas.

#2 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Maybe like the Tron latest release do a 12 ramp Extra Ball ???

I like this idea

#3 11 years ago

I would just like to see Extra Ball light up more often, and have a different sound for drone hits. Everything else is perfect. Don't go giving the Mona Lisa a boob job.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I would just like to see Extra Ball light up more often

me too, I've played mine several hundred times and gotten the extra ball about 5 times on default settings.....

#5 11 years ago

It's not going to happen, but if it does...

1) handless skill shot - make the right lane without hitting a flipper button for the skill shot, make it worth 2x what the one now is.

2) postless skill shot - hold the left flipper to disable the post. Fire the ball in and if it spins the left flipper and then does something (I'd vote Whiplash) immediately next, have it be worth something.

3) instant info - yup.

4) make extra ball earnable - I generally turn extra balls off, but making it earnable would be nice.

5) attract mode flipper sounds - I don't think it has any. Love these.

Having said all that, if these are the only gripes *I* have with the game, it's basically flawless as is.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Don't go giving the Mona Lisa a boob job.

nah start with a face lift though

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

1) handless skill shot - make the right lane without hitting a flipper button for the skill shot, make it worth 2x what the one now is.
2) postless skill shot - hold the left flipper to disable the post. Fire the ball in and if it spins the left flipper and then does something (I'd vote Whiplash) immediately next, have it be worth something.
3) instant info - yup.
4) make extra ball earnable - I generally turn extra balls off, but making it earnable would be nice.
Having said all that, if these are the only gripes *I* have with the game, it's basically flawless as is.

I like all of these

#8 11 years ago

Would you believe I had two extra balls lit in the same game? Only collected one, but still pretty crazy.

#9 11 years ago

Please Mr Lyman, The Version is still not at 2.0
can we please have another IronMan update.......

#10 11 years ago

Knocker for EB and Special.

Dan

#11 11 years ago

I

Quoted from MrWizzo:Knocker for EB and Special.
Dan

I am amazed that they can't record and use a better sound for the knocker simulation.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I

I am amazed that they can't record and use a better sound for the knocker simulation.

That's why I added a knocker. Put a small screw in the plunger tip and it is loud now!

Dan

#13 11 years ago

Just someone sort out the extra ball - a tiny update would be fine

IM already has best ruleset Stern has ever done........for me anyway

#14 11 years ago

Okay, maybe the Mona Lisa could use a facelift.

Good point about the skill shot. I like the one skill shot that involves the flippers on LOTR (shoot the right orbit). That would be a good one for IM. Better yet, increase the award for every consecutive right orbit shot made without hitting another switch.

The other thing that could use tweaking is the SHIELD award. "Drone added" gets a little old; how about "Extra Ball Lit", "Big Points", or "6 second ball save"?

#15 11 years ago

mate in OZ added

"I would like to see Do or Die Multiball made a little easier to obtain for us mere mortals.

I am a big fan of combo shots and combo scoring too and would really like to see this incorporated into IM."

Personally I agree with the D o D maybe in link with a EB where the achievements carry over as it could be viewed as the ball extension and give a little more hope to achieve.

goal is to get a list together and then send it directly to GG and GS and hope for a update in software

#16 11 years ago

Is there a finished rulesheet that explains the shield awards given what is going on in the game or explains how EB and Special are lit?

I have not been able to find anything.

Dan

#17 11 years ago

Generally a shield award is the bonus multiplier, but occasionally it will light EB or special instead. If you've started bogey or IM scoring, it adds time. If you're in multiball, it adds a ball and gives you some ball save time.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Generally a shield award is the bonus multiplier, but occasionally it will light EB or special instead. If you've started bogey or IM scoring, it adds time. If you're in multiball, it adds a ball and gives you some ball save time.

This is a good start to the list.

Also, I have seen the first shield award 200 K if nothing else is going on. Maybe we should start a new thread?

Dan

#19 11 years ago

Some things I'd like to see (but has not stopped me from playing the heck out of this pin over the past 2+ years):

1. Earnable extra ball(s) (important) and special (less important). I feel earning extra balls would help toward DoDMB. I wrote a long diatribe on the difficulty of reaching this mode on factory

2. Status check with ball cradled for hits needed for Drones and Whiplash

3. Stop the 2x scoring timer that runs during Jericho animation

4. Allow for triple stacking of multiballs (Iron Monger, War Machine, Whiplash) Or as an option with double stacks, with respect to Whiplash and War Machine, be able to stack War Machine (if lit) if a player happens to start Whiplash first rather than only being able to only start War Machine then stack Whiplash. I'd also like to be able to stack Monger and Whiplash somehow.

5. Scoring progression for Monger jackpots. Multiple super jackpots in a multiball should increase in value.

6. Some sort of "real" skill shot. (Not that big of an issue to me though)

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Have you disabled the orbit post? That will create a real skill shot for you.

#21 11 years ago

4. Allow for triple stacking of multiballs (Iron Monger, War Machine, Whiplash)

I worry this will take away from the game. One thing I love about IM is the way you have to be strategic with what you stack. On Tron, almost everything is stackable except for disc multiball, so you don't have to consider trade-offs when going for something. If everything stacked together, I think the strategic element would suffer.

Post edited by jayhawkai : tried to clarify what i meant

#22 11 years ago

#23 11 years ago

How about some better call outs for Suuuppppeeerrrr Jackpots!?! I hardly even know if I've collected one or not....

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Have you disabled the orbit post? That will create a real skill shot for you.

I know it is an option, but as I said the skill shot is not that important. At least as the skill shot rules currently exist.

The skill shot only awards points, (250K+275K+300K). There is no bonus multiplier advance, or progress toward any other goal other than lighting 1/6 of the SHIELD lights.

Now, suppose the post were disabled and then plunging the ball into the lit rollover SHIELD lane immediately advanced the bonus multiplier along with points, that is a vastly different goal.

But to me, disabling the post with current rules and skill shot scoring is just something different to do to make us feel there is a skill shot. I am not playing the game really caring if there is a major skill shot. My excitement is with other features of the game.

Again, not really a complaint. Figured we are talking wish list stuff anyway

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Ah, that's right. I was thinking of what the kicker awards when shield is not lit.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I worry this will take away from the game. One thing I love about IM is the way you have to be strategic with what you stack. On Tron, almost everything is stackable except for disc multiball, so you don't have to consider trade-offs when going for something. If everything stacked together, I think the strategic element would suffer.
Post edited by jayhawkai : tried to clarify what i meant

I think there is some beauty (and strategy) in multiple multiball stacks when you have to think of how to set it up right. BSD, ACDC, CV immediately come to mind

But I see your point

#27 11 years ago

I think there is some beauty (and strategy) in multiple multiball stacks when you have to think of how to set it up right. BSD, ACDC, CV immediately come to mind
But I see your point

Now I want to play those games. I've played all three, but have very limited time on each.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

3) instant info - yup.

Perfect.

3 weeks later
#29 11 years ago

come on stern, we know you want to do it, here is even a alternate translite for a re-release

IM_Stern_alternate_translite.jpgIM_Stern_alternate_translite.jpg

I haven't seen the movie but the trailers look cool, maybe in the re-release instead of the monger you could have all these IM drones mode coming out of the water (pop up section of the playfield).

#30 11 years ago

this is looking like a great movie, Stern could put the mandarin in the monger section, a few graphics changed and a cool new release

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_100224&feature=iv&index=1&list=FLihyyKgok1QAXzY-H1Gvgfg&src_vid=1hPpG4s3-O4&v=qiMMBIXTRkU

#31 11 years ago

The current rules...
0. Turn on machine
1. Push "Start" button
2. Plunge ball
3. Enjoy

They look good to me.

Loved mine while I had it.

1 month later
#32 10 years ago

just reviving an old thread, still with some hope of a code option .....

Well I just got back from watching IM 3 in the Titan cinema in 3D and it is fricking awesome, different to the other IM movies but definitely better than number 2 and probably better than the first but different as it is a very different story approach and even though 3D is cool I think you loose some clarity of some of the scenes and so much going on, you miss some of it, but if you liked 1 definitely see it and if you sort of liked 2 but not won by it you will love this one at 2hrs and 10minutes of action, humour

As for rules, I reckon that could take the current IM pinball and rebadge some of the game possibly the War Machine and turn that target into The Mandarine, keep Monger as he was important in IM 1, then keep Whiplash as he represents IM 2, Drones is universal for IM 1 - shoot to kill, but in IM 3 the drones could turn into the IM dr??es (don't want to give the movie away too much), The IM targets could stay as they are but each time all seven are completed maybe he is powered up for a battle. Then maybe the game can be goals achieved in order and no reset at each ball.
Goal 1 - buildup IM > completes Mk 1 (Goal 1)
Goal 2 - defeat drones > completes Mk 2 (Goal 2)
Goal 3 - defeat monger > completes Mk 3 (Goal 3)
Goal 4 - defeat whiplash > completes Mk 4 (Goal 4)
Goal 5 - defeat the mandarine > completes Mk 5 (Goal 5) - to defeat the drone targets be hit 'X' amount of times ???? as these are the helpful as IM dr??es for the important battle
- large shield flashes during a battle and is permanently on at the end of 5 Goals for a wizard mode

IM - 7 target strength build resets at next new ball at the battle you got up to therefore gain the strength and then go into battle (centre of the playfield and at target), a war machine plastic changed out to a mandarine one, and a glowing mandarine action figure.

code 1.6 could be for the guys that don't want to upgrade and code 2.0 could be the IM 1-3 upgrade with some vinyl overlays and plastic and action figure, so new dots and a whole new game play. You could even download the code trial it and if you like it purchase the upgrade parts - sure there would be someone to do mods for this to happen.

Awesome movie, Stern do a upgrade to the current code and do a upgrade to capture IM 1, 2 & 3, please

interested to hear peoples thoughts, especially after seeing the movie and owning a IM pin.

IM_3.jpgIM_3.jpg

#33 10 years ago

bump

when is IM3 released in the US?

#34 10 years ago

If peoples want stern to do a rerun of IM they need to write to them in bulk. once stern know theres a sizable market out there they will make a run. They need to know...

#35 10 years ago

I agree ,, IM 3 looks to be another Killer movie !!~ And to see Stern bring back the Pin ,, Noooo !~!

But , a New Code incorporated w/ the 3rd Movie ,,, Yes !~!

#36 10 years ago

I would love to see a new code release for IM. I think a lot of the suggestions you guys mention are neat. The ability to "earn" an extra ball would be #1 on my list! As for them doing a re-run I doubt it but I've been wrong before.

Quoted from swinks:bump
when is IM3 released in the US?
Iron Man 3 movie comes out May 3rd

#37 10 years ago

Some things I'd like to see (but has not stopped me from playing the heck out of this pin over the past 2+ years):
1. Earnable extra ball(s) (important) and special (less important). I feel earning extra balls would help toward DoDMB. I wrote a long diatribe on the difficulty of reaching this mode on factory
2. Status check with ball cradled for hits needed for Drones and Whiplash
3. Stop the 2x scoring timer that runs during Jericho animation
5. Scoring progression for Monger jackpots. Multiple super jackpots in a multiball should increase in value.

I strongly agree with all of these; I only deleted the stacking bit as that might change the game too much, is part of the appeal the limited stacking options (e.g. making it more tactical, and locking you out of certain options if you just flail about).

Other ideas: Making DoD multiball less ridiculously hard by lowering or changing the requirements for it? e.g. a certain amount of score off of most of the modes rather than 100% completion?
It could be set to be an option, I do like it the way it is but it is unattainable. I have never heard someone claim to have seen DoD multiball during a game, let alone on factory settings.

Still, part of the appeal of this game is the unattainability. It is like being almost able to reach valinor in ~10 minutes, and never making it (iron man, monger, war machine flashing... followed by drain... ).

#38 10 years ago

Thanks for chiming n, thought the movie would have been released for you guys already, great watch.

I agree with the masses to stern, I linked this thread to sterns Facebook so they at least know it's here

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Would you believe I had two extra balls lit in the same game? Only collected one, but still pretty crazy.

I had an extra ball and a Special in one game today.

Got Do or Die jackpot then straight into Jericho at 2x. Nice!!

Unfortunately the Jerico lasted exactly 10 seconds doooooooooooh

rd.

#40 10 years ago

While playing recently I had an idea I really liked on how to make DoD multiball more attainable, or an alternate goal to do with getting the character inserts flashing. Of course I can't remember it now

I don't think this is it, but one possibility would be to make inserts flash if you complete them in Jericho, in addition to normal completion during play. This would only usually be valuable if you make it to Jericho on your first or second ball, and Jericho completions are so rare that I don't think this would lead to DoD automatically. But it would allow for you to get up to several inserts lit on a great game in Jericho, then you just have to focus on whatever is left on your remaining balls (hopefully its not drones or IM targets ).

One caveat: This should then get rid of the 50mil bonus for completing Jericho, having DoD Multiball lit if you complete it should be enough of a reward

One negative with this idea is it causes you to value your balls differently, e.g. some players might get into the mindet that "if you don't have Jericho on ball 1 or 2, then reset the game". IM is great in that it is essentially 3 single ball games, and any ball can be that insane game breaking one.

#41 10 years ago

^^^

I always value my balls ....

rd.

#42 10 years ago

I think I've seen 2 extra balls in the year I've owned IM.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

but one possibility would be to make inserts flash if you complete them in Jericho, in addition to normal completion during play. This would only usually be valuable if you make it to Jericho on your first or second ball, and Jericho completions are so rare that I don't think this would lead to DoD automatically. But it would allow for you to get up to several inserts lit on a great game in Jericho, then you just have to focus on whatever is left on your remaining balls (hopefully its not drones or IM targets ).

good point, would make it a touch clearer

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I think this would be a great addition, but I would vote right ramp instead of Whiplash as a super skill shot. I would also agree with the "hands free" skill shot on the rollovers that someone else mentioned...and make sure it is a random rollover lane lit each time.

I'm not super familiar with Iron Man, but I have played it a few times. I went to a friends last week and played and instantly knew something seemed different. It ended up he did have his top post disabled. It felt so much better at the plunge that it wasn't just plunge at full strength and you automatically get the skill shot (as I remembered it being). I was wondering though, what else is the post used for? Anything...or did it only pop up at the plunge? Does it normally pop up when balls are auto plunged during multi-ball?

I really think Iron Man could be like AC/DC was for me. A game I didn't care for at first, but I think I would really like it after getting a feel for it.

#45 10 years ago

The post pops up when the mongrel is activated, probably to stall the ball allowing the mongrel to raise into position

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I went to a friends last week and played and instantly knew something seemed different. It ended up he did have his top post disabled. It felt so much better at the plunge that it wasn't just plunge at full strength and you automatically get the skill shot (as I remembered it being). I was wondering though, what else is the post used for? Anything...or did it only pop up at the plunge? Does it normally pop up when balls are auto plunged during multi-ball?

The ball spends a lot more time in the pops with the post enabled. With the post disabled, pop bumper scoring is less relevant - but who cares. With the post disabled, you need skill for the skill shot. But I think the real skill shot is to plunge lightly, so that you can quickly get the ball under control on the right flipper.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

The post pops up when the mongrel is activated, probably to stall the ball allowing the mongrel to raise into position

Is the Mongrel only in the Australian version of the game?

IRON MONGREL! HES A REAL MONGREL!!

Must come from West Sydney!

haha couldn't resist!

rd

#48 10 years ago

ha good point might have been spell checked from the ipad ???

but yeah a few of those around

#49 10 years ago

if they were to change anything on Iron Man

2 things

1 - Shooter Lane sound
2 - add a loop champ feature as those balls whip fast and would be sweet if awarded
3- combos
Animation - tony flying arcoss the world at different thrust speeds displayed on the DMD

#50 10 years ago

Im3 came out already in the uk on 25th April

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Mary, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-rules-update-what-you-would-like-to-see and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.