Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jigs
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schudel5.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago

Replace coil stops, balls, flipper buttons, switches in scoops, sling-shot rubbers, flipper return springs, flipper EOS switches and flipper pawls. The sockets for the #44 lamps all suck, but especially the ones under the flippers suck the worst. But if you don't mind in/outlane lights out or flickering you'll be just fine. On Stranger Things Pro that white up post thingy needs modified so it doesn't come apart and shoot up like a rocket.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Sounds like some awesome quality right there.

Yeah I didn't even mention the lighting issues I'm having with insert lights that are all connected to Node 8 on DP Pro. Haven't gotten to that one quite yet.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

check the serial data connectors. It was a 0.100" connector problem on my iron maiden making inserts light wrong.

I went yesterday to look at it. The top lane lights and about 2/3rds of the main pf lights were out. As soon as I touched CN13 on Node 8 they flickered. So I only had time to reseat it and see if that works. If not I'll have to pull the node and see if there are any cracked solder joints.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

If there are you have to remove the original solder as it will not want to mix well with 60/40 leaded solder. I got joints that looked like lava rocks under until I sucked off all the original solder.

Good to know. I'll take my desoldering station along. Thanks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schudel5.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-putting-brand-new-sterns-on-location-what-are-some-precautions-and?tu=schudel5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.