Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jigs
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leeezard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

It seems like you are VERY optimistic on earnings. Don’t be afraid to dabble in B/W or something unique or classic (80s) instead of just tossing 30-40k in a location. Different groups like different eras! My best locations enjoy DE and sys80 or even EMs!

This is a big one. In my experience there's still a sizable portion of potential players that get turned off when they see $1 per play; no matter how many bonuses you toss at them. So it's good to have a B/W at 75 cents or an early solid state at 50 to offer this group.

Plus some folks seem to be "intimidated" by modern pins. I'm talking absolute normies here, people who've barely or if ever even touched a pinball before in their life. These folks always seem to gravitate towards games like Paragon, Space Shuttle, Fire Power, etc.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from fuzz:

Ill have one machine from the 70's, 2 from the 80's, 2 from the 90's, 5 modern Sterns and a free virtual pin. I feel this is a nice representation and has appeal to all people.
    Price points to match
    50 cents for the older ones, a buck for the newer ones.

That's a pretty good variety. One of the nice things about early solid state games too, is that once you put the work into 'em, they are absolute tanks.

I'm curious how the virtual pin will do.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leeezard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-putting-brand-new-sterns-on-location-what-are-some-precautions-and?tu=leeezard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.