2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

301810D6-3E40-4638-9CED-9F7453437C5B (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

Hello - wondering if anyone has encountered this before as I'm pretty frustrated.

First of all I'm relatively new to pinball and bought my first game a year ago. I find that my IM flipper plungers heat up very fast, after 20 minutes. I've replaced flipper assemblies 2-3 times, new sleeves, coil stops, bushings. I also have fans running on each coil. Gap on bushings is what it should be, checked that. EOS gap on all flippers is 1/8". Switched out Node 8 / Node 9 boards thinking this would solve the mystery but no - same issue. After 20 minutes, both flippers are really hot and if I don't run the fans - it's uncomfortable to touch and hold the plungers.

So now I've discovered that when I do a Switch Test on the RHS flippers using the flipper buttons it reads to the LHS eos switch.

How can this be? What is stranger still is that when I lift the playfield and trigger (both) the RHS lower and upper flippers manually (without the flipper button) they read as they should...........it triggers the RHS eos.

What would be going on that when I use the flipper button on the right side, that it triggers the left hand eos switch? Any insight / help would be GREATLY appreciated as I am super disappointed that my dream game (I love IM) isn't working right. I'm literally at a dead end.

Thanks everyone

#2 2 years ago

Sounds to me th at when the harness got made the two wires on connector cn10 were reversed, double check to make sure, but I would depin the two crimps at the housing and flip them around. Should be an easy task and only take a few min.

301810D6-3E40-4638-9CED-9F7453437C5B (resized).jpeg301810D6-3E40-4638-9CED-9F7453437C5B (resized).jpeg
#3 2 years ago

Ok but would this still be true if the eos is reading correctly when I trigger the RHS flippers manually?

Cause it's only when I hit the RHS flipper cab button that it triggers LHS eos.

When I move the flippers manually (without hitting the cab button) - it triggers the RHS eos which is what it's supposed to do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-pro-rhs-flipper-button-registers-to-lhs-eos-in-switch-test- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.